PDA

View Full Version : Colon Powell is a fool

david gibson
09-20-2010, 10:58 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/09/colin-powell-clarifies-remarks-to-say-he-doesnt-hire-illegal-immigrants/1

what a liar- he blew it and he knows it:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

This morning, however, comes word from Powell's office that he "misspoke."

"I don't hire illegal immigrants," Powell says in a statement today. "On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be 'illegal.' There are 11 million illegal immigrants in this country and most are working somewhere in our economy."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

the damage repair aint workin' for me. and i sure aint seen 'em at my house.

all we hear from the left is "they do work no one else will do"

yeah Colin, right. with unemployment reaching to the moon you dont think some good ole' american citizens can do home repairs???

dispicable

and they do have a status Colin - ILLEGAL is a status

JJaxon
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Unemployment rates for Spin Doctors has to be the lowest in this countrys' occupations. They get all the hours they can handle I'd bet.

walt8@cox.net
09-20-2010, 12:51 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/09/colin-powell-clarifies-remarks-to-say-he-doesnt-hire-illegal-immigrants/1

what a liar- he blew it and he knows it:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

"I don't hire illegal immigrants," Powell says in a statement today. "On Meet the Press yesterday, I referred to illegal immigrants working around my house. I was referring to the many service contractors who work in my neighborhood, using mostly immigrant workers, who do good work. Some may well be 'illegal.' There are 11 million illegal immigrants in this country and most are working somewhere in our economy."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

the damage repair aint workin' for me. and i sure aint seen 'em at my house.

all we hear from the left is "they do work no one else will do"

yeah Colon, right. with unemployment reaching to the moon you dont think some good ole' american citizens can do home repairs???

dispicable

and they do have a status Colon - ILLEGAL is a status

I'd have had a lot more respect for the guy if he hadn't backpedaled like that. Sleazy chickens**t move. Another punk politician.
Walt

paul young
09-20-2010, 08:36 PM
i think it's a lot more despicable and sleazy to play games with a man's name after he has spent his entire career defending that person's right to act like exactly what he called General Colin Powell.

Gibson, you have no respect for anyone, as near as i can tell. you are one sorry excuse for an American. i have no use for you at all.-Paul

david gibson
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
i think it's a lot more despicable and sleazy to play games with a man's name after he has spent his entire career defending that person's right to act like exactly what he called General Colin Powell.

Gibson, you have no respect for anyone, as near as i can tell. you are one sorry excuse for an American. i have no use for you at all.-Paul

oh i am so hurt by your mean words....:rolleyes: imagine that, a connecticut yankee challenging a texan. spare me.

i respect a man in uniform as much as anyone. but i have no respect for any man - uniform or not - that gets caught in a lie and bluffs his way out - ostensibly JUST because he has worn a uniform. colon powell cant decide what side of the fence he stands on. pitiful.

so, by your standards, if i man wears a uniform and goes into combat and spends his entire career defending my right to act as whatever you want to say i act as, its ok for him to then abandon all those standards he fought for?? at any time? its ok for him to lie because he once was a warrior?

then why try any soldier for a war crime? by your standards, they all have a free pass! or is it only a crime if you say it is???

i dunno, maybe that is ok by your book, but i have a lot more respect for a man that holds his warrior tenets beyond his serving years. sheesh, even boy scouts have a tenet - once an eagle always an eagle.

colon powell just blew that one.

and paul, i have a lot of respect for a lot of people! but certainly not you.....

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

come on baby - spin that one!

walt8@cox.net
09-20-2010, 10:09 PM
imagine that, a connecticut yankee challenging a texan. spare me.

Why would that be hard?

david gibson
09-20-2010, 10:18 PM

Why would that be hard?

well...suppose you tell me why it would be easy??? :confused:

walt8@cox.net
09-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Because you're a bully. Although I admit, you're better educated then I am. No money for me to continue to higher education, had to go to work.
I've hesitated telling you what I think of you because there's no winning, you'll just come back with a nasty retort and distance will protect you. But I'll tell you what, if you're ever in CT, look me up. And if I'm ever in TX, I'll do the same.
Walt

david gibson
09-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Because you're a bully. Although I admit, you're better educated then I am. No money for me to continue to higher education, had to go to work.
I've hesitated telling you what I think of you because there's no winning, you'll just come back with a nasty retort and distance will protect you. But I'll tell you what, if you're ever in CT, look me up. And if I'm ever in TX, I'll do the same.
Walt

yeah, well i worked my way through higher education myself, so dont try to make it look like you were a poor kid that couldn't go to college on his own and i got a rich kid ride. far from it. swordfish boats and roughnecking on offshore oil rigs, then barroom bouncing, i risked a bit to get my sheepskin. so sure - if someone who asserts himself and backs it up is a bully to you, well, thats your definition.

i have a different definition in reverse. ;-)

and the "spare me" comment wasnt even directed at you, so why so defensive? never really had a beef with you before, except for your general macho envy of me. is it just because you live in connecticut with paul?

my condolences....

Ken Bora
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM

Why would that be hard?

A New England Farmer and a Texas Farmer were seated at the same table at a feed and seed convention. The Texas farmer just kept bragging and bragging about how everything he had was bigger and better than everyone else at the table. When he started describing his Texas farm he said he could spend all morning in his pick up truck, and not get to the other side of his farm, “what do you think of that?” He asked the old New Englander. “Ayup, I had a truck like that once, sold it to some southerner.”;-)

As I recall it David, last time some Yankees went down south to “Challenge” something………
Um,,,,
well…
The North Won!:o:cool:

It is hard to take Anyone’s point of view seriously, in person or on RTF when they think it is cute to intentionally misspell a persons name to morph it into an insult. It instantly brings your possible fun, intelligent debate of issues down to juvenile potty mouth playground arguments.

luvmylabs23139
09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
The only good thing about CT is UCONN women's basketball. That from someone who lived in the state from 1967-1996.

dnf777
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
The only good thing about CT is UCONN women's basketball. That from someone who lived in the state from 1967-1996.

The best thing about TX is the Dallas cowboys...

Buzz
09-21-2010, 11:21 AM

Really? The Cowboys?

dnf777
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Really? The Cowboys?

I should have put a ":rolleyes:" behind that!

I love Texas. Grew up there. Haven't had a governor worth a bucket of spit since Ann Richards, though. Oops, don't let me forget again........:rolleyes:

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM

Probably the Texans this year...

Clay Rogers
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I met Gen. Powell back in 1989 after we jumped into Panama. We were at the Panama Police headquarters in Panama City. Gen. Powell wanted to have lunch with 14 of America's finest(not sure how I got picked:eek:), first and only time I ever had a hot MRE too. We were standing in formation when he arrived and he went down the line shaking our hand and talking to us, asked our first names also. Thing that stands out, was for the 2 hours we swapped war stories, he always addressed us by our first name, never getting one wrong. He seemed to truly care about us, which I found very admirable in a leader. I have the utmost respect for Gen. Colin Powell, and if he slipped up and made a mistake here, so be it. Because David, I agree with most of what you say, but you aren't fit to carry his duffle bag, plain and simple. Despite his views or politics, that man is a hero, and I would follow him to hell and back. You David, need to pick someone else to talk about.

Thomas D
09-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Just so we know where you stand, David. Did you ever serve in the U.S. Armed Forces?

david gibson
09-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Just so we know where you stand, David. Did you ever serve in the U.S. Armed Forces?

no i didnt, why should that matter? i have never disrespected an honest veteran or currently serving soldier.

the man lied. and he lied about himself breaking a law. thenm he tried to cover it up. sorry, all that is foolish for anyone, but even more so for someone who we are supposed to hold to higher standards. but because he served its just fine, we wont hold that against him.:rolleyes:

sorry i accidentally misspelled his name, i didnt realize that. i type with 2 fingers, but at about 40 wpm, so above the hunt and peck speed. the "o" is right next to the "i" and sometimes the wrong key gets hit and spell check doesnt pick that one up for obvious reasons. . my bad.

oh wait, i am not a veteran, so i dont have that right to make a mistake.....

never mind..... :rolleyes:

Thomas D
09-21-2010, 03:02 PM
no i didnt, why should that matter? i have never disrespected an honest veteran or currently serving soldier.

the man lied. and he lied about himself breaking a law. but because he served its just fine, we wont hold that against him.:rolleyes:

oh wait, i misspoke. i didnt mean all those things i said about him, i meant to say he is free to change his mind and its fine if he hires illegal aliens and then says he really didnt. all ok by me!

so there, by many of y'alls standards, everything is just peachy now.

i simply misspoke. oh wait, i am not a veteran, so i dont have that right.....

It was a simple question about your background. Why so thin skinned about it?

YardleyLabs
09-21-2010, 03:31 PM
When I hire a landscaper, or I hire a contractor to do some work on my property, I do not ask for visas on their employees.I suspect none of us does and that some of the people doing the work don't have any. In fact, by doing this we are all contributing to illegal immigration. However, we don't actually have the right to request those papers anyway. General Powell did nothing wrong if he hired contractors who brought undocumented laborers to do the work. Talking about it, as he did, is a good thing, not a bad. He expressed an opinion about the status of those laborers as it relates to our immigration policy. You might disagree with his policy recommendations, but it does not make what he said wrong or evidence of bad behavior.

David, you have been called a bully several times by different people on this forum. The strange part is that you appear to take pride in such behavior. Intimidating people is not a measure of cojones. How you respond when you are intimidated yourself is. In fact, intimidation is simply another word for bad manners. It evidences disrespect for whomever your are addressing and, by extension, to everyone else as well. It tells us nothing about the character of the person you attack, but lots about your own.

david gibson
09-21-2010, 03:58 PM
It was a simple question about your background. Why so thin skinned about it?

no thin skinnedness about it my friend. you can say anything you want, but i know where you were headed with it, thats all.

walt8@cox.net
09-21-2010, 04:10 PM
General Powell did nothing wrong if he hired contractors who brought undocumented laborers to do the work. Talking about it, as he did, is a good thing, not a bad. He expressed an opinion about the status of those laborers as it relates to our immigration policy. You might disagree with his policy recommendations, but it does not make what he said wrong or evidence of bad behavior. Jeff Goodwin

General Powell's backpedaling on his statement was what made me angry enough to respond to this thread. It seems so weak for our politicians to keep playing this problem for their own means. And frustrating to see it in so many of them.
But my words were out of line and insulted some of the veterans on this forum. For that I apologize.
Walt

david gibson
09-21-2010, 04:20 PM
When I hire a landscaper, or I hire a contractor to do some work on my property, I do not ask for visas on their employees.I suspect none of us does and that some of the people doing the work don't have any. In fact, by doing this we are all contributing to illegal immigration. However, we don't actually have the right to request those papers anyway. General Powell did nothing wrong if he hired contractors who brought undocumented laborers to do the work. Talking about it, as he did, is a good thing, not a bad. He expressed an opinion about the status of those laborers as it relates to our immigration policy. You might disagree with his policy recommendations, but it does not make what he said wrong or evidence of bad behavior.

David, you have been called a bully several times by different people on this forum. The strange part is that you appear to take pride in such behavior. Intimidating people is not a measure of cojones. How you respond when you are intimidated yourself is. In fact, intimidation is simply another word for bad manners. It evidences disrespect for whomever your are addressing and, by extension, to everyone else as well. It tells us nothing about the character of the person you attack, but lots about your own.

sure yardley, and we all know how perfect your own character is.

i for one can most assuredly say i dont and never have hired an illegal alien to work on my house. 99.99% of illegals are latino, and if i have only hired anglos with perfect english then i am pretty safe. so dont be too quick to claim "we all have done it" - thats the same mistake powell made. i do most things myself, and the roof was done by a friend as well as my kitchen redo. so dont be so quick to cast such a large net. this is typical of you - always finding an excuse. it gets old.

and seriously, where was i ever a bully in this thread? paul young insulted me, big whoop. i merely sighed that a connecticut yankee called me out. thats bullying?? responding to challenging with a sigh is not bullyism. until that point i had said nothing about a single person on this thread. if so many people think i am a bully then i am sorry to say there are a lot of p*****s in here. nut up some of you for once - especially you and paul young. .:rolleyes:

i have no respect for backpedaling by a public official, i have that right. colin ""They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs," powell admitted he hired illegals and then tried to sweep it under the rug. i think he has done that before....

Goose
09-21-2010, 04:21 PM

I love Texas. Grew up there. Haven't had a governor worth a bucket of spit since Ann Richards, though. Oops, don't let me forget again........:rolleyes:

Please don't come back.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 04:45 PM

I take offense to this. Have you seen them lately?

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 04:48 PM

I sure hope the :rolleyes: is for the Ann Richards comment. You talk about worthless.

pat addis
09-21-2010, 04:57 PM

he might have mistyped and not meant to degrade any one.play nice

Thomas D
09-21-2010, 05:13 PM
no thin skinnedness about it my friend. you can say anything you want, but i know where you were headed with it, thats all.

No, you don't know where I was headed. You might THINK you know, but you don't.

road kill
09-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Walt

If you are ever in Wisconsin, look me up.
I think you would enjoy it!!

In fact, that offer stands for any of youse!!!

RK

david gibson
09-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Walt

so you insult me and call me a bully and a general a-hole - but you want to meet me if we are ever in the other's area. yeah, thats the way to win friends.....:rolleyes:

dnf777
09-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Please don't come back.

Several medical centers have had different opinions of me. Despite lucrative offers, no thank you, I'll keep my kids in school up here. When I moved from Pennsylvania to Texas as a third grader, I tested into 6th grade in the Texas edumacation system. My mother was then told by the local school district that she couldn't teach without "x" number of post-bachelor credits!!:confused: So, she ended up taking several ceramics classes (mud on a spinning wheel, not superconductor technology) in order to satisfy the texas school board that she could teach 6th graders how to read at a third grade level! But hey, being able to read at the 6th grade level made me cock of the walk when I showed up at Texas A&M. I don't know what the latest rankings are, but Texas had Mississippi to thank for keeping them off the bottom of the education ranking. Sad that a state with so much oil money, can't put together good schools for it's future citizens.

Don't worry, I'll stay gone, and make BOTH of us happy.

gig 'em Ags!

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Several medical centers have had different opinions of me. Despite lucrative offers, no thank you, I'll keep my kids in school up here. When I moved from Pennsylvania to Texas as a third grader, I tested into 6th grade in the Texas edumacation system. My mother was then told by the local school district that she couldn't teach without "x" number of post-bachelor credits!!:confused: So, she ended up taking several ceramics classes (mud on a spinning wheel, not superconductor technology) in order to satisfy the texas school board that she could teach 6th graders how to read at a third grade level! But hey, being able to read at the 6th grade level made me cock of the walk when I showed up at Texas A&M. I don't know what the latest rankings are, but Texas had Mississippi to thank for keeping them off the bottom of the education ranking. Sad that a state with so much oil money, can't put together good schools for it's future citizens.

Don't worry, I'll stay gone, and make BOTH of us happy.

gig 'em Ags!

Guess that's why the economy is so bad in Texas and our state income tax is so high.:rolleyes:

david gibson
09-21-2010, 06:05 PM
No, you don't know where I was headed. You might THINK you know, but you don't.

yeaaaah, i am pretty sure. you are just pissed i cut you off. sorry to rain on your parade...

david gibson
09-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Guess that's why the economy is so bad in Texas and our state income tax is so high.:rolleyes:

and our education system is soooo bad he sends his daughter to one of our universities (but the no. 2 one at that....hmmm.) instead of Penn or Pitt....not surprising! typical flipflop!

Thomas D
09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Yep, really mad you cut me off. I just didn't know what to say. You're so smart, I was lost for words....like what you do would concern me. More bullying, David. Can't you see people get tired of your antics? I bet your life is just filled with joy.

Goose
09-21-2010, 06:38 PM

The twaddle meter peaks when Dolittle posts.

Clay Rogers
09-21-2010, 06:41 PM

the man lied. and he lied about himself breaking a law. thenm he tried to cover it up. sorry, all that is foolish for anyone, but even more so for someone who we are supposed to hold to higher standards. but because he served its just fine, we wont hold that against him.:rolleyes:

sorry i accidentally misspelled his name, i didnt realize that. i type with 2 fingers, but at about 40 wpm, so above the hunt and peck speed. the "o" is right next to the "i" and sometimes the wrong key gets hit and spell check doesnt pick that one up for obvious reasons. . my bad.

oh wait, i am not a veteran, so i dont have that right to make a mistake.....

If you think anyone buys that story about the i beside the o and all that stuff, you don't give us enough credit. I think you are back tracking because someone called you out about it. You may want to let this go, David.

david gibson
09-21-2010, 07:30 PM
If you think anyone buys that story about the i beside the o and all that stuff, you don't give us enough credit. I think you are back tracking because someone called you out about it. You may want to let this go, David.

oh, ok. i am not allowed to have a flimsy excuse.

thanks for making my point.

dnf777
09-21-2010, 08:26 PM

Just remember who had to come down there and teach you guys how to drill for that black stuff that made you all that money! And who had to come down to help you defend the Alamo and win your independence from Mexico in the first place. :D

road kill
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Just remember who had to come down there and teach you guys how to drill for that black stuff that made you all that money! And who had to come down to help you defend the Alamo and win your independence from Mexico in the first place. :D
Davey Crockett?????

just sayin'...........

RK

Ken Bora
09-21-2010, 09:50 PM
so you insult me and call me a bully and a general a-hole - but you want to meet me if we are ever in the other's area. yeah, thats the way to win friends.....:rolleyes:

Maybe he thinks your clock is dirty.

Oh, years and years ago
Shayne M of EE fame got into a world of trouble on RTF for a post
and attempted to use the “The key was next to the key I wanted” excuse. It didn’t fly then ether.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Damn it! Where is that step ladder when I need it?:p

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Damn it! Where is that step ladder when I need it?:p

Ask JD...he's the keeper of the ladder, because he's the only one who 'gets it'.

dnf777
09-21-2010, 10:45 PM
and our education system is soooo bad he sends his daughter to one of our universities (but the no. 2 one at that....hmmm.) instead of Penn or Pitt....not surprising! typical flipflop!

Leave the kids out. No need to go there again, you have NO IDEA behind the personal decisions families make. None whatsoever. Take Twain's advice and keep you mouth shut, rather than opening it.

And besides, I was talking about public education. Typically K-12. Texas was second to the bottom last time I checked. Do or Goose care to defend those kind of stats, or do you prefer to just take cheap shots and avoid the issue?

thought so.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Leave the kids out. No need to go there again, you have NO IDEA behind the personal decisions families make. None whatsoever. Take Twain's advice and keep you mouth shut, rather than opening it.

And besides, I was talking about public education. Typically K-12. Texas was second to the bottom last time I checked. Do or Goose care to defend those kind of stats, or do you prefer to just take cheap shots and avoid the issue?

thought so.

Checked what? Link please.

ducknwork
09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Checked what? Link please.

Here's one...If Texas is second from the bottom, then maybe PA's education system needs to work on math a little more...

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank06.htm

dnf777
09-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Here's one...If Texas is second from the bottom, then maybe PA's education system needs to work on math a little more...

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank06.htm

First, last time I checked was when I was in school in Texas. That was a while ago, and if Texas has increased its ranking, then I applaud them.

I don't understand you jab at Pa, when YOUR numbers show Pa at #10, while TX is at 25. Also, Texas starts the "negative ratings". Also interesting, is that 7/10 of the top states are blue states, and 8 out of ten of the BOTTOM states are RED. Hmmm.....

ducknwork
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
First, last time I checked was when I was in school in Texas. That was a while ago, and if Texas has increased its ranking, then I applaud them.

I don't understand you jab at Pa, when YOUR numbers show Pa at #10, while TX is at 25. Also, Texas starts the "negative ratings". Also interesting, is that 7/10 of the top states are blue states, and 8 out of ten of the BOTTOM states are RED. Hmmm.....

My 'jab' was a JOKE about you (not knowing that 25th is not second to last) saying it was second from the bottom, when it was about smack dab in the middle. (A looong way from the second from the bottom) Anyway, if you haven't looked at the rankings since you were there, don't you think it would be wise to check them before you go off saying

Texas was second to the bottom last time I checked.
and attempting to pass it off as current and relevant to the discussion?

Dude, quit being so serious. Let me know right now if it isn't okay to kid with you anymore. I'll stop if you want, because you are really, really getting bent out of shape of stupid crap. And that is getting old. REALLY old.

Buzz
09-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Here is a link that I just hunted up for the public employee salary thread that Marvin started. I'll let you guys sort it out on your own.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2010/tables/10s0260.pdf

david gibson
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM

thought so.

you are pathetic. there is nothing personal in that. you know what, i really dont give a rats arse about your family, but if you sit there and deride the states education and send your kids here its debate fodder. no names or personal issues are there.

the vast majority of students in higher education in this state came from this state.

so maybe thats it? you think that k-12 is so bad here that your kids will look better in comparison??

not a bad thought. i went to a jr college in a state i wont mention and skipped an average 17 times each semester to surf and still pulled off a 3.28. but then again, at the time, the top 3 school districts in the nation were in texas, i was in the #3. you could transfer to houston ind. school district and place out of an entire grade at the the drop of a hat, i know a few kids that placed out of 2.

ducknwork
09-22-2010, 12:00 PM
you are pathetic. there is nothing personal in that. you know what, i really dont give a rats arse about your family, but if you sit there and deride the states education and send your kids here its debate fodder. no names or personal issues are there.

the vast majority of students in higher education in this state came from this state.

so maybe thats it? you think that k-12 is so bad here that your kids will look better in comparison??

not a bad thought. i went to a jr college in a state i wont mention and skipped an average 17 times each semester to surf and still pulled off a 3.28. but then again, at the time, the top 3 school districts in the nation were in texas, i was in the #3. you could transfer to houston ind. school district and place out of an entire grade at the the drop of a hat, i know a few kids that placed out of 2.

David, you are such a big ol' mean bully. Would you like me to hand over my lunch money today, rather than you hitting me again?;)

david gibson
09-22-2010, 12:49 PM
David, you are such a big ol' mean bully. Would you like me to hand over my lunch money today, rather than you hitting me again?;)

geeez, dnf is a perpetual victim. i bet if you tell him "happy father's day" on here he will have a melt down, call you names and tell you to leave the kids out of it.:rolleyes:

precisionlabradors
09-22-2010, 01:12 PM
yeah for real, the term bully implies some sort of intimidation. whoever is intimidated by dg's words is pretty weak man. it's easy to let words go, they don't mean much, especially the typed ones. when one combines that with the source from whence they came it should be easier than blinking to let it go.

dg calls names. who cares. he's rude. who cares. he thinks he's a know-it-all (we all do). who cares.

dg-you're no more right than anyone else, you just think you are, and so do they, and so do i. it's a fun popcorn show, nevertheless.

if you care about how others view you as a person, however, you may try using kinder language. i guess you have said, though, that you don't care. so carry on. people will just think you're a jerk, and in some ways they are right.

Roger Perry
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
The best thing about TX is the Dallas cowboys cheerleaders...

There I corrected it for you.

Roger Perry
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
oh i am so hurt by your mean words....:rolleyes: imagine that, a connecticut yankee challenging a texan. spare me.

i respect a man in uniform as much as anyone. but i have no respect for any man - uniform or not - that gets caught in a lie and bluffs his way out - ostensibly JUST because he has worn a uniform. colon powell cant decide what side of the fence he stands on. pitiful.

so, by your standards, if i man wears a uniform and goes into combat and spends his entire career defending my right to act as whatever you want to say i act as, its ok for him to then abandon all those standards he fought for?? at any time? its ok for him to lie because he once was a warrior?

then why try any soldier for a war crime? by your standards, they all have a free pass! or is it only a crime if you say it is???

i dunno, maybe that is ok by your book, but i have a lot more respect for a man that holds his warrior tenets beyond his serving years. sheesh, even boy scouts have a tenet - once an eagle always an eagle.

colon powell just blew that one.

and paul, i have a lot of respect for a lot of people! but certainly not you.....

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

come on baby - spin that one!

You did not have a problem with General Powell standing up in front of America and telling us all about the WMD in Iraq and why we needed to start a war with Iraq did you? Bush was not in uniform but the leader of our Country when he lied about WMD does thay mean you have no respect for him either?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKX6luiMINQ

tbyars
09-22-2010, 02:08 PM
I never tend to get involved in POTUS maters, but this one got my blood boiling. I grew up in southwest Virginia and moved to Connecticut three years ago so there everyone knows where I have lived. But, I also spent eight years in the Army and now am an officer in the US Coast Guard Reserves. I had the luxury of meeting Gen Powell twice. Once at Fort Stewart, GA when I was stationed there and once in Iraq after Desert Storm. Gen Powell flew out to our Forward Operating Base (FOB for those who have served) with VP Cheney as he was the Defense Secretary back then. Gen Powell asked all of us over lunch if there was anything that we needed from back home. All I asked was a plane ticket home after 28 months in the sand. Well, I met the man as I said at Fort Stewart, GA four years later, and when he met me after giving a speech - Gen Powell recognized me the first words out of his mouth were "If I had a safe plane flight home" - no lie! He actually took the time to know his troops and I can say I loved serving for him! To mock a man who has done so much good for you and me is senseless and cowardless!! Yes, you have the right to say what you are saying but you have that right from the blood and sweat of men like him and me!

Cody Covey
09-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I never tend to get involved in POTUS maters, but this one got my blood boiling. I grew up in southwest Virginia and moved to Connecticut three years ago so there everyone knows where I have lived. But, I also spent eight years in the Army and now am an officer in the US Coast Guard Reserves. I had the luxury of meeting Gen Powell twice. Once at Fort Stewart, GA when I was stationed there and once in Iraq after Desert Storm. Gen Powell flew out to our Forward Operating Base (FOB for those who have served) with VP Cheney as he was the Defense Secretary back then. Gen Powell asked all of us over lunch if there was anything that we needed from back home. All I asked was a plane ticket home after 28 months in the sand. Well, I met the man as I said at Fort Stewart, GA four years later, and when he met me after giving a speech - Gen Powell recognized me the first words out of his mouth were "If I had a safe plane flight home" - no lie! He actually took the time to know his troops and I can say I loved serving for him! To mock a man who has done so much good for you and me is senseless and cowardless!! Yes, you have the right to say what you are saying but you have that right from the blood and sweat of men like him and me!

So because he served and recognized you he can do no wrong later in life? The man lied and got caught...

david gibson
09-22-2010, 02:34 PM
You did not have a problem with General Powell standing up in front of America and telling us all about the WMD in Iraq and why we needed to start a war with Iraq did you? Bush was not in uniform but the leader of our Country when he lied about WMD does thay mean you have no respect for him either?

dude, i dont even read your posts when you bring up wmd. you are a clueless leftist bush hater and all you got is the wmd issue and you have that wrong.

Roger Perry
09-22-2010, 03:59 PM
dude, i dont even read your posts when you bring up wmd. you are a clueless leftist bush hater and all you got is the wmd issue and you have that wrong.

Of course not. You do not condone anyone saying anything negative about your right wing buddies. Then why is Bush joking about not finding any WMD on you tube?

road kill
09-22-2010, 04:08 PM
"Semper Paratus!!"

From BM2 road kill, USCG!!

RK

Roger Perry
09-22-2010, 04:10 PM

Here are more sources for no wmd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI7JXGqd0o&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spXMfBud0lQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsG62Hq366E&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EstVJo6URdQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335lD7HpSHc&feature=related

david gibson
09-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Here are more sources for no wmd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI7JXGqd0o&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spXMfBud0lQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsG62Hq366E&NR=1

puhleeeeeze. there are sources abounding that the wmd went to syria. here's one (you arent worth the time to cut and paste any more)

http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/

remember general georges sada? of course not, you dont believe anything from anyone with an opposing belief.

and you never comment on the couple of dozen MIGs we found buried in the sand. didnt see that on main stream media either, did you? if they can bury MIGs they can bury wmd. who knows what else they buried, they had all the lead time in the world.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/sandplanes.asp

the fact remains that saddam USED wmd, against his own countrymen i might add, so we know they were there at one time. but of course, he probably used all of them up and never made any more....:rolleyes:

dude just drop the wmd already, you never bring up anything new that we havent heard a thousand times from all the bush hating leftists over the past few years.

Clay Rogers
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Hey Roger, and if this gets me banned so what, shut the hell up. I am only going to tell you this once. There were WMD in Iraq, I saw them first hand, only after they were used on his own people. And don't think he used all he had. We gave him 8 years while Clinton was in office to hide them. You ever been to Iraq, I doubt it. It's a big damn place. There could be US tanks sitting on a stock pile of mustard gas right now and they wouldn't know it. So get the hell over the whole no WMD in iraq, because they were. And I don't care what links you have to post to rebut, because I have the facts in my head, and they ain't pretty.

Roger Perry
09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey Roger, and if this gets me banned so what, shut the hell up. I am only going to tell you this once. There were WMD in Iraq, I saw them first hand, only after they were used on his own people. And don't think he used all he had. We gave him 8 years while Clinton was in office to hide them. You ever been to Iraq, I doubt it. It's a big damn place. There could be US tanks sitting on a stock pile of mustard gas right now and they wouldn't know it. So get the hell over the whole no WMD in iraq, because they were. And I don't care what links you have to post to rebut, because I have the facts in my head, and they ain't pretty.

Maybe you need to see a psychologist to get them out of your head. No I take that back a psychologist cannot perscribe the drugs you need.

road kill
09-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Maybe you need to see a psychologist to get them out of your head. No I take that back a psychologist cannot perscribe the drugs you need.

RP, the dude was there.
And YOU are incredibly out of line commenting on what a combat veteran should be doing, knowing absolutely nothing about that.
The images are burned in you brain for life, every day for the rest of your life.
And you mock it as though the drug reference is funny as in your context of recreational use.

Pathetic..........my apologies stumpholehunter, on behalf of those of us here who understand.

RK

david gibson
09-22-2010, 04:36 PM

speechless

Roger Perry
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM
RP, the dude was there.
And YOU are incredibly out of line commenting on what a combat veteran should be doing, knowing absolutely nothing about that.
The images are burned in you brain for life, every day for the rest of your life.
And you mock it as though the drug reference is funny as in your context of recreational use.

Pathetic..........my apologies stumpholehunter, on behalf of those of us here who understand.

RK

Well, if he found WMD then he should have reported them to his commander so Bush would have had something to crow about not joke about.

road kill
09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Well, if he found WMD then he should have reported them to his commander so Bush would have had something to crow about not joke about.
You should apologize, even though I already did for you.

BTW--Are you calling the man a liar??

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Ass Klown
noun
one who appears foolish, like a clown.

RK

paul young
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
there are a lot of apologies that should have been given on this forum over the years but weren't.

still, i think one is warranted here.

what do you say, Roger?-paul

Goose
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM

Semper fidelis, sir.

Clay Rogers
09-22-2010, 05:22 PM

Actually I did. But thanks for caring asshole. But an apology is not needed. You see, I did what I did so assholes like you can say what you please and not need to feel bad or worry about someone shoving a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger. So your welcome.

dnf777
09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
With all due respect, FAR worse things have been said to veterans on this forum. Nonetheless, I would apologize for that one.

Having said that, being there in a military unit does not make one the end-all expert on WMDs being present or not in a foreign country. Just like being able to see NASA from your duckblind does not make one an expert on space policy. I do not buy the party line of "its a big country, there's gotta be WMDs there somewhere". Canada is a big country. Mexico is a big country. Russia, Poland, China, Denmark, and France are all big countries. They may all be hiding brief-case dirty bombs. Should we invade all them too? The prior administration BLEW IT with their foreign policy, and now we must all continue to pay for it. I'd have a little more respect for the right if they would just admit that. (some have, and just get smeared by the Bush sycophants, so many will just keep quiet)

dnf777
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Actually I did. But thanks for caring asshole. But an apology is not needed. You see, I did what I did so assholes like you can say what you please and not need to feel bad or worry about someone shoving a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger. So your welcome.

In all fairness, I would say THAT deserves an apology too. I did the same thing, and was called out on it, and as was the right thing to do, apologized. I guess veterans are prone to snap when their dignity is assaulted, even if on a computer screen.

road kill
09-22-2010, 05:37 PM
With all due respect, FAR worse things have been said to veterans on this forum. Nonetheless, I would apologize for that one.

Having said that, being there in a military unit does not make one the end-all expert on WMDs being present or not in a foreign country. Just like being able to see NASA from your duckblind does not make one an expert on space policy. I do not buy the party line of "its a big country, there's gotta be WMDs there somewhere". Canada is a big country. Mexico is a big country. Russia, Poland, China, Denmark, and France are all big countries. They may all be hiding brief-case dirty bombs. Should we invade all them too? The prior administration BLEW IT with their foreign policy, and now we must all continue to pay for it. I'd have a little more respect for the right if they would just admit that. (some have, and just get smeared by the Bush sycophants, so many will just keep quiet)

Looking at clips on youtube does though??

Puhleeeese!!!

RK

road kill
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
In all fairness, I would say THAT deserves an apology too. I did the same thing, and was called out on it, and as was the right thing to do, apologized. I guess veterans are prone to snap when their dignity is assaulted, even if on a computer screen.

It's always about you, isn't it???:cry:

RK

david gibson
09-22-2010, 05:41 PM

hmmmm...little tardley is at it again. did canada or mexico use a briefcase nuke on their own people?

i am pretty sure the answer to that is NO

did canada or mexico refuse and then circumvent UN inspections?

i am pretty sure the answer to that is NO also.

i couild go on, but the above 2 examples clearly show that you poorly thought-out analogy is, well, tarded. not even close to being a viable comparison to Iraq.

i would hope you would be better at this by now.

i would also think you guys would not be so certain that the wmd never existed, and more concerned that it could be in the hands of neighboring syria, iran, al queda, or all of the above.

but of course, that does not fit your agenda.

david gibson
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM

kind of like when you are prone to a meltdown at imaginary insults to your dignity, even if on a computer screen???

david gibson
09-22-2010, 05:45 PM
>>>>>>
Originally Posted by little tardley: ...... being there in a military unit does not make one the end-all expert on WMDs being present or not in a foreign country.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Looking at clips on youtube does though??

Puhleeeese!!!

RK

mega high fives for that classic retort!

dnf777
09-22-2010, 05:53 PM
>>>>>>
Originally Posted by little tardley: ...... being there in a military unit does not make one the end-all expert on WMDs being present or not in a foreign country.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mega high fives for that classic retort!

So how many "experts" have had boots in Iraq? About a million?

You're silly. Entertaining, but silly.

dnf777
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
hmmmm...little tardley is at it again. did canada or mexico use a briefcase nuke on their own people?

i am pretty sure the answer to that is NO

did canada or mexico refuse and then circumvent UN inspections?

i am pretty sure the answer to that is NO also.

i couild go on, but the above 2 examples clearly show that you poorly thought-out analogy is, well, tarded. not even close to being a viable comparison to Iraq.

i would hope you would be better at this by now.

i would also think you guys would not be so certain that the wmd never existed, and more concerned that it could be in the hands of neighboring syria, iran, al queda, or all of the above.

but of course, that does not fit your agenda.

LMFAO at your idiocy!!

Keep them coming. :D:D:D

The most dangerous WMD that America faces, is the republican party, should they regain power. Darn near did us in in 2007. That was a close one.

duckheads
09-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Little Tardley -ROTFLMAO and spit tea on the puter! Too funny!

dnf777
09-22-2010, 05:57 PM
It's always about you, isn't it???:cry:

RK

And your total lack of consistency, or "selective vision" I suppose. That's ok. I don't expect much fairness on this forum. Have your fun. Its what these forums are for.

dnf777
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Little Tardley -ROTFLMAO and spit tea on the puter! Too funny!

Sorry i wasted your tea, Dickhead. Oops, as Gibson, says, I hit the wrong button. (the "u" and the "i" are next to each other)

david gibson
09-22-2010, 05:59 PM
LMFAO at your idiocy!!

Keep them coming. :D:D:D

The most dangerous WMD that America faces, is the republican party, should they regain power. Darn near did us in in 2007. That was a close one.

oh i will! glad to expose your inane analogies!

dnf777
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Hmmm....it just occured to me. You blasted someone for mocking a veteran, who claimed to know something about WMDs.

What is the name of this thread????

The hypocrisy is so thick, you can cut it with a Stihl! But then what do I expect?

I believe that one gets the chicken dinner!!!

road kill
09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Hmmm....it just occured to me. You blasted someone for mocking a veteran, who claimed to know something about WMDs.
What is the name of this thread????

The hypocrisy is so thick, you can cut it with a Stihl! But then what do I expect?

I believe that one gets the chicken dinner!!!

Actually (in my Yardley like mock) I am the one who blasted RP and I didn't start the thread.

Swing and a miss.........but keep swinging, even a blind squirrel finds some nuts!!:D

RK

duckheads
09-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Sorry i wasted your tea, Dickhead. Oops, as Gibson, says, I hit the wrong button. (the "u" and the "i" are next to each other)

You are a piece of work aren't you! Good thang you splained it though. I's prolly to dumb to get it. I guess that is your liberal elitest mind set, 'r i mean middle of the road independant mind set!

dnf777
09-22-2010, 06:25 PM
You are a piece of work aren't you! Good thang you splained it though. I's prolly to dumb to get it. I guess that is your liberal elitest mind set, 'r i mean middle of the road independant mind set!

Get some thicker skin man! Your side can sure dish it out, but can't take it very well. I guess I better apologize. I'mmmm Sssooooorrrryyyyy!

Clay Rogers
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM

Never said it made me an expert, just telling you what I know. And not taking up for Bush's invasion into Iraq. I served under his dad. And to answer your question, if they have dirty bombs and they fly planes into some of our buildings, you damn right.

Clay Rogers
09-22-2010, 06:29 PM

In all fairness, don't hold your breath, you may need to intubate yourself before that happens.

And I don't need a computer screen:cool:

dnf777
09-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Dude, quit being so serious. Let me know right now if it isn't okay to kid with you anymore. I'll stop if you want, because you are really, really getting bent out of shape of stupid crap. And that is getting old. REALLY old.

Bring it on! I'm not bent out of shape. Just pointing out YOUR numbers aren't very kind to Tx. Nobody wants you to stop, but if I reply, don't YOU get bent.
Deal?

david gibson
09-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Get some thicker skin man! Your side can sure dish it out, but can't take it very well. I guess I better apologize. I'mmmm Sssooooorrrryyyyy!

this from the king of meltdowns and 3 for 1 sales?

classic!

charly_t
09-22-2010, 07:29 PM
RP, the dude was there.

RK

Good post ! Extremely good post !!!!!!

tbyars
09-22-2010, 08:00 PM
So because he served and recognized you he can do no wrong later in life? The man lied and got caught...

I didn't say he might not done anyhting wrong, I just mean we all have made mistakes in our lives. I don't know if you could find anyone in this world that has never done anything he regrets, heck I know I sure have. But, I for one give GEN Powell a little more credit for all the good he has done for me and the rest of this great country than something stupid that he said. No need to call the man Colon. Just seems pretty cowardess and juvenile but maybe that's exactly the way this poster generally is viewing the tone of this!!

david gibson
09-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I didn't say he might not done anyhting wrong, I just mean we all have made mistakes in our lives. I don't know if you could find anyone in this world that has never done anything he regrets, heck I know I sure have. But, I for one give GEN Powell a little more credit for all the good he has done for me and the rest of this great country than something stupid that he said. No need to call the man Colon. Just seems pretty cowardess and juvenile but maybe that's exactly the way this poster generally is viewing the tone of this!!

juvenile: 3. Marked by immaturity; childish: juvenile behavior.
sure, you can call me that! after all, i am a regular part of potus forum on the internet. plenty of evidence here to substantiate that claim. ho-hum.

cowardess: hmm....doesnt come up in my funk and wagonal. i assume you mean cowardice, or acting like a coward or in a cowardly fashion, therefore i surmise you are also calling me a coward.

coward:
–noun
1. a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.
–adjective
2. lacking courage; very fearful or timid.
3. proceeding from or expressive of fear or timidity: a coward cry.

well, sorry bro. you are going to have a hard time substantiating that one based on a few internet postings. nice try though..... ;-)

M&K's Retrievers
09-22-2010, 08:59 PM

DNF, you have the thinnest skin here on POTUS, no question, but that's OK. Someone has to be #1.

Brenda Lee regards

road kill
09-22-2010, 09:03 PM
DNF, you have the thinnest skin here on POTUS, no question, but that's OK. Someone has to be #1.

Brenda Lee regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLR25EJtfE

RK:D

dnf777
09-22-2010, 09:05 PM

Brenda Lee regards

If you say so.

But this whole thread is ridiculous.

Bottom line is if a republican makes a mistake or is a veteran, they are untouchable. If a non-republican makes a mistake, even if a decorated combat veteran, they're fair game for anything, including being called a fool or having their name ridiculed. Simple rules.

road kill
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
If you say so.

Bottom line is if a republican makes a mistake or is a veteran, they are untouchable. If a non-republican makes a mistake, even if a decorated combat veteran, they're fair game for anything, including being called a fool or having their name ridiculed. Simple rules.
Here is a little sumpin sumpin to go with your whine.....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/dairyvale.jpg

RK :D

david gibson
09-22-2010, 09:21 PM
If you say so.

dont know where you have been, but i have been chastised by both sides for this post. but of course, you only see what you want to see......wah wah wah someones being unfair on the internet....

Clay Rogers
09-22-2010, 10:32 PM
If you say so.

What non-republican are you talking about? I am not sure, but I don't think I have ever talked bad about a decorated combat veteran on this forum. You must be talking about John Kerry, huh?

precisionlabradors
09-23-2010, 01:37 AM
coward:
–noun
1. a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.
–adjective
2. lacking courage; very fearful or timid.
3. proceeding from or expressive of fear or timidity: a coward cry.

well, sorry bro. you are going to have a hard time substantiating that one based on a few internet postings. nice try though..... ;-)

not that hard. stating an extreme right wing perspective on POTUS of RTF, where the majority will applaud your opinion, isn't really that courageous. go do it somewhere you aren't in the majority. or are you too coward? bro.

dnf777
09-23-2010, 06:13 AM
What non-republican are you talking about? I am not sure, but I don't think I have ever talked bad about a decorated combat veteran on this forum. You must be talking about John Kerry, huh?

Wasn't referring to you Stump. We've had disagreements before, and come out with respect for one another wholly intact, I believe. I know from my point of view, I have nothing but respect for your service, and your opinions....even if I occasionally disagree with them. ;-)

david gibson
09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
not that hard. stating an extreme right wing perspective on POTUS of RTF, where the majority will applaud your opinion, isn't really that courageous. go do it somewhere you aren't in the majority. or are you too coward? bro.

never said posting right wing views on here was courageous, what a stretch. i just challenged tbyars to prove i am a coward which you and he totally failed to do.

taking lessons from little tardley on how to change the subject i see.:rolleyes:

so if i get this right, you are saying i am a coward unless i post in a lefty forum. and you and the other lefties on here are courageous because you post into a forum where the majority has an opposite viewpoint.

on the internet. yeah.

Pete
09-23-2010, 10:11 AM
what a fun thread. I've never seen the under carriage of a bus before.

First let me say,,,I have the utmost respect for anyone who has fought for this country. Including those guys who stacked up those Iraq's in a doggy pile. The only thing wrong they did was they neglected to hose them down with a 50 cal.

Next I totally understand where David is coming from. Any public servant who willing breaks a law which was passed to protect this country from foreign invasion,,,weather it be for health reasons, economic reasons or national security reasons has committed an act of treason in my book. And then LIE about it,,,is strange. Makes it worse.

Now we all know Colon Powell has served our country with great honor. But now he plays ball in a political arena. If he expects to receive the same respect as in the past,,,, He should continue his oath which is to protect this country from foreign or domestic intrusion.. especially for being a general for so many years.

I may respect the man for his service to this country,,,, but I don't have to respect his politics. As a matter of fact I have no respect for politics and less for most politicians.

Most lie as a way of life. Therefore if you want to continue to get respect and you choose to be in the lime light Quit lying,,,,,

Your past has little bearing on what you do today.

OK fellers put up your dukes

Pete

dnf777
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
never said posting right wing views on here was courageous, what a stretch. i just challenged tbyars to prove i am a coward which you and he totally failed to do.

taking lessons from little tardley on how to change the subject i see.:rolleyes:

so if i get this right, you are saying i am a coward unless i post in a lefty forum. and you and the other lefties on here are courageous because you post into a forum where the majority has an opposite viewpoint.

on the internet. yeah.

Careful Precision, you'll hurt his delicate little feelings. :D:D:D
(Then we'll all have to listen to more of this self-aggrandizement and excuses)
Boo-frickity-hoo!

Roger Perry
09-23-2010, 10:26 AM
You should apologize, even though I already did for you.

BTW--Are you calling the man a liar??

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Ass Klown
noun
one who appears foolish, like a clown.

RK

There is no record of any weapons inspector finding WMD before Bush 43 started the war with Iraq. If Stumpholehunter found WMD when our military has not found any Stumpholehunter would have been a National Hero and the headlines would have been plastered in every newspaper all over the world. "Stumpholehunter finds WMD in Iraq. Villifies reason Bush started war in Iraq." I don't recall any newspapers where that was the top headline. So if he did find WMD in Iraq after 2003 I congratulate him but it must have been kept top secret from the rest of the world. Not calling him a liar, but I doubt that ever happened.

Bush would have handed him the Medal of Honor.

I salute Stumpholehunter for serving his Country in a time of war as have many veterans have. I also feel sorry for all the military personnel who perished defending a useless war along with their families. I also feel sorry for all the civilians in Iraq that have been killed since the start of the war. Their blood is on Bush 43's hand only he will have to answer to his maker. I apologize to Stumpholehunter for the remarks I made about him.

Chris Atkinson
09-23-2010, 10:39 AM
This thread currently has 107 posts, many of which contain some hateful stuff.

Guys, if you can't debate the issue without being hateful, I'm probably going to have to start making some user accounts "read only".

Please don't put me in that position guys. I don't have the time, nor the desire to be referee and weed through all this stuff.

Thanks,

Thread locked....

Chris

david gibson
09-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Careful Precision, you'll hurt his delicate little feelings. :D:D:D
(Then we'll all have to listen to more of this self-aggrandizement and excuses)
Boo-frickity-hoo!

ohhhh little tardley. you used to be cute but now you are digging and chewing. is there no beginning to your originality? you are the one who has gone into total meltdowns with 3 for 1 sales on name calling (is that a record?) , and didn't i just tease you with wah wah wah??? .

now, i am going to type slower than usual so hopefully you can understand. the best forum posts are not those where you just take what someone said to you, shuffle the letters, and then play the same scrabble word.

Thinking isn't your strong point, is it? I would probably find you much more interesting had I studied psychology. the rocks i studied in geology were too advanced to prepare me for this.

Chris Atkinson
09-23-2010, 10:41 AM
ohhhh little tardley. you used to be cute but now you are digging and chewing. is there no beginning to your originality? you are the one who has gone into total meltdowns with 3 for 1 sales on name calling (is that a record?) , and didn't i just tease you with wah wah wah??? .

now, i am going to type slower than usual so hopefully you can understand. the best forum posts are not those where you just take what someone said to you, shuffle the letters, and then play the same scrabble word.

Thinking isn't your strong point, is it? I would probably find you much more interesting had I studied psychology. the rocks i studied in geology were too advanced to prepare me for this.

David, I was not going to single anyone out, but it seems your post came in after I hit the submit button.

You claim to only misspell folks' names when you hit the wrong vowel on the keyboard. That's baloney.

Use the resource right and stop the bullying personal attacks please.

No, you're not the only one.

No, I'm not interested an any private message dialogue unless it is to inform me that you got the message and you'll fix it.

This is not a debate. It is a warning. Others are warned too, but I don't have time to wade through and single folks out.

Knock it off guys...please. Don't paint me into a corner.