PDA

View Full Version : I wonder?

JDogger
09-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I haven't checked in here much lately. I'll not take the time to catch up on all the un-read threads, but I wonder?

If I were to go away for more than a week or two, say a couple or three years...and I logged into PP, would I find pretty much the same cast of characters....? I suspect so. Only the roles might be reversed.

There may well be a 'new' set in Washington. 'New', however in a retrograde sense, since nothing is trully 'new' in Washington.

Sure, we'll have a different President, and congress may have a different majority, but nothing will be 'new'.

Meanwhile the sorcerers apprentices will labor with their limited skills, trying to quell the deluge. Will the sorcerer return and put all in place?

Maybe, but doubtful. Sometimes we're stuck with what we make.

Don't count on the sorcerer...He's not coming.;-)

Goethe regards, JD

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I haven't checked in here much lately. I'll not take the time to catch up on all the un-read threads, but I wonder?

If I were to go away for more than a week or two, say a couple or three years...and I logged into PP, would I find pretty much the same cast of characters....? I suspect so. Only the roles might be reversed.

There may well be a 'new' set in Washington. 'New', however in a retrograde sense, since nothing is trully 'new' in Washington.

Sure, we'll have a different President, and congress may have a different majority, but nothing will be 'new'.

Meanwhile the sorcerers apprentices will labor with their limited skills, trying to quell the deluge. Will the sorcerer return and put all in place?

Goethe regards, JD

Wasn't the Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey Mouse and didn't it involve a bunch of brooms toting buckets of water? Why do I remember that? Does it mean I don't have to sweep up tonight? Hugh, are you the Sorcerer?:)

Old Fart regards

JDogger
09-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Wasn't the Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey Mouse and didn't it involve a bunch of brooms toting buckets of water? Why do I remember that? Does it mean I don't have to sweep up tonight? Hugh, are you the Sorcerer? NO! But don't mess around with any brooms.:rolleyes:

Old Fart regards

Der Zauberlehrling is well-known in the German-speaking world. The lines in which the apprentice implores the returning sorcerer to help him with the mess he has created have turned into a cliché (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clich%C3%A9), especially the line Die Geister, die ich rief ("The spirits that I called"), a garbled version of one of Goethe's lines, which is often used to describe a situation where somebody summons help or uses allies that he cannot control, especially in politics.

Forget Mickey...JD

PS football is not the only fantasy alive and kicking on PP.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Der Zauberlehrling is well-known in the German-speaking world. The lines in which the apprentice implores the returning sorcerer to help him with the mess he has created have turned into a cliché (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clich%C3%A9), especially the line Die Geister, die ich rief ("The spirits that I called"), a garbled version of one of Goethe's lines, which is often used to describe a situation where somebody summons help or uses allies that he cannot control, especially in politics.

Forget Mickey...JD

PS football is not the only fantasy alive and kicking on PP.

Can't forget Mickey. He was the Apprentice in Disney's 1940's "Fantasia" based on Der Zauberlehrling.

Don't forget the three famous Mickeys. Mickey Mantle, Mickey Mouse and Mickey Way.:rolleyes:

JDogger
09-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Can't forget Mickey. He was the Apprentice in Disney's 1940's "Fantasia" based on Der Zauberlehrling.

Don't forget the three famous Mickeys. Mickey Mantle, Mickey Mouse and Mickey Way.:rolleyes:

Mantle, check. Mouse, check. Mikey No-way? ? I thought you was a old fart?;-)

road kill
09-21-2010, 08:10 AM

Goethe regards, JD

JD, lighten up.
Somethin needs to be fun for you.
If these pointless threads stop amusing you, take a couple hours off.

Take it all with a sense of humor.

I find whenever I get to kill some stuff (birds) it helps a lot.
Very therapuetic.;-)

Get the bow out and shoot it.
Scout a good stand location.
Take a motorcycle ride (or ATV).
Go play 18.
Get your duck / goose blind ready (I am today).
Look at the trees and clouds.

Life is short buddy, find a positive, smile once.:D

As far as POTUS.....who gives a flyin' ratz patootie??!!??!!

RK

JDogger
09-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Miss the winky thingy ;-) rk?

It's early teal, but the teal are late here in the valley. :( I'll try up north this weekend.

JD

road kill
09-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Miss the winky thingy ;-) rk?

It's early teal, but the teal are late here in the valley. :( I'll try up north this weekend.

JD

Now you are talking!
checking out a couple of potholes today.
They have been dry for a couple years.
Lots of rain this year.
They are / used to be great for woodies & teal.

No winks JD, just enjoy the stuff that really matters.
The youngsters here dont know whats comin yet.
Once you hit your 50's, your losses define you.
Things take on a different shade.

Good luck on those teal!

stan b

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 12:09 PM
I find whenever I get to kill some stuff (birds) it helps a lot.
Very therapuetic.;-)

YES...Very therapeutic...:D Ahhhh...I feel so much better...

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/hunting/IMG_9096.jpg