PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody.............

road kill
09-21-2010, 09:16 AM
.........here on POTUS like anybody else here on POTUS?

just askin'..........

RK

zeus3925
09-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Good question, RK. I think most who post here are pretty likable in the real world. But, there are those here who have to kill every apple before they eat it. Hmmmm!

Ken Bora
09-21-2010, 09:46 AM
We are all different, and exactly the same.
We all have strong personal beliefs.
We all have retrievers.
We all are political junkies, as involved in the process as we are able.
We all know we are absolutely correct in our personal beliefs, and will defend them publicly.
We are the diversity that makes these United States of America GREAT!

I love you all.

dnf777
09-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Are you hinting that you want to be the next chorus director when we all sing Kumbaya? :D

Ken Bora
09-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I think a rousing chorus of AC/DC’s “Highway to Hell” may be more appropriate.

Living easy
Loving free
Season ticket for a one way ride
Asking nothing
Leave me be
Taken everything in my stride
Don't need reason
Don't need rhyme
Ain't nothin' I would rather do
Going down
By the time
My friends are gonna be there too, eh

I'm on a highway to hell
On the highway to hell
Highway to hell
I'm on the highway to hell

No stop signs
Speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel
Gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me 'round
Hey Satan
Paid my dues
Playin' in a rockin' band
Hey momma
Look at me
I'm on my way to the Promised Land, wooh

I'm on the highway to hell

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Are you asking if we have a crush on someone?:cool: Cuz if so, there aren't enough ladies on POTUS to pick from...and certainly not enough of them that posted their pic on the 'what do you look like' thread...:D I'm hoping the dogs in their avatars aren't the better half...:shock:

road kill
09-21-2010, 11:07 AM
We are all different, and exactly the same.
We all have strong personal beliefs.
We all have retrievers.
We all are political junkies, as involved in the process as we are able.
We all know we are absolutely correct in our personal beliefs, and will defend them publicly.
We are the diversity that makes these United States of America GREAT!

I love you all.

You're not gettin' my Bud Light!!;-)

RK

badbullgator
09-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Well I like Ken

BonMallari
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
.........here on POTUS like anybody else here on POTUS?

just askin'..........

RK

I like most of the people on POTUS and the RTF, but the overall tone on here and the RTF has become distasteful , for lack of a better term...I was gone hunting elk for a week and came back and saw one particularly unpleasant thread where the merits of being threatened by one another was being discussed...and then I realized this wasnt for me...as for the regular forum, I find it very opinionated and not newbie friendly...so I limit myself to congratulating friends on their FT exploits and posting on non dog training topics..;)

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Stan, what's not to like??:cool:

Orion Labradors
09-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I thought this was the WWF forum. Sorry.....wrong site!

road kill
09-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I like most of the people on POTUS and the RTF, but the overall tone on here and the RTF has become distasteful , for lack of a better term...I was gone hunting elk for a week and came back and saw one particularly unpleasant thread where the merits of being threatened by one another was being discussed...and then I realized this wasnt for me...as for the regular forum, I find it very opinionated and not newbie friendly...so I limit myself to congratulating friends on their FT exploits and posting on non dog training topics..;)

Bon, it would be an honor to have you in my blind any day!!

And often it is more civil here than on the RTF board!!

RK

Thomas D
09-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Well I like Ken

I like whoever likes Ken.

david gibson
09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
well lets see - the only person who offers to meet me also insults me in the same post and tells me he cant even use the words he wants to describe me, so i would venture to guess that nobody likes me at least!

and apparently somebody here is a member of Rose Country because i drew 46 of 46 for this weekend- coincidence???? hmmmm...methinks not. but then again, how many here actually train and handle a dog?????

all i can say is i have met numerous RTF people - just none on POTUS,, trained with one today even, but of course i am such a bully every one of them came away with a black eye and hates me forever too......

life as a bully is sooooooo lonely, whatever am i to do?:confused:

dnf777
09-21-2010, 04:47 PM

Well said Bon. Even on the RTF, the threads go through a predictable decay. I think the hard times and frustration with either being a minority party member, or frustration with being a majority-who-can't-get-nuttin'-done party member is often vented at anyone who has a different opinion.

Of course, us independents are politely detached from the fraccus. :rolleyes:

Clay Rogers
09-21-2010, 05:53 PM
well lets see - the only person who offers to meet me also insults me in the same post and tells me he cant even use the words he wants to describe me, so i would venture to guess that nobody likes me at least!

and apparently somebody here is a member of Rose Country because i drew 46 of 46 for this weekend- coincidence???? hmmmm...methinks not. but then again, how many here actually train and handle a dog?????

all i can say is i have met numerous RTF people - just none on POTUS,, trained with one today even, but of course i am such a bully every one of them came away with a black eye and hates me forever too......

life as a bully is sooooooo lonely, whatever am i to do?:confused:

I like ya David, what I know of ya anyway. Except for a few comments you make, we pretty much think alike. I would be pleased to have you in a duck blind anyday, especially if there are bears around.

RK, Yardley and Ducknwork are right fair people I suspect. I don't agree with hardly anything Yardley says, but he does it with facts and no daggers. Those three guys are welcome in the duck blind anytime.

Depitty, well, thats all I have to say about that.

And DNF, he knows he is welcome anytime. All the way, sir.

What ever happened to Blackstone, miss his candor also.

And who could forget Roger Perry, I wish I could.:cool:

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I didn't want to hunt with you guys anyway.:(

david gibson
09-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I didn't want to hunt with you guys anyway.:(

i think you should post another poll... ;-)

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 07:52 PM
i think you should post another poll... ;-)

PM sent.....

Terri
09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I like Ken Bora. He is the reason I went to my first NAHRA test last year. I had to have his syrup. I did win that maple leaf bottle, okay I put all twenty dollars worth of tickets in one bag. I was not going home without it. There were a lot of nice people there and my dog passed both days.
I have not posted a picture of myself because I'm not available, but my dog it a single girl and she likes to show off. I always find it funny when I see people who look like their dogs. I have not found my perfect match, but my little chocolate girl is the closes match to me of all the dogs I have owned.

Terri

roseberry
09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
i never, ever posted on potus before. but dang, rk done went and got everybody all touchy/feeley. i truly enjoy the back and forths between all the regular posters. i would share my blind with any of you opinionated, passionate and thoughtful dudes.

but if yardley or dnf come to my place we are taking their dogs. their dogs gotta be better than mine 'cause they get to train an extra day a week(on sunday while i'm at church).;)

if ken comes i'm making bluberry pancakes on the triple burner camp chef(you know there is syrup in that blind bag). rk we will just pick something up on the way when you come down.

don't let up guys. gibby, keep the pedal down on open debate.
john mc

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
In all seriousness, I like the vast majority of yall. I'm not even going to hold it against a couple of you that you're yankees.

I appreciate the ability of dnf, hew, rk, dg, m&k, and some others to make me laugh at times. Sometimes with, sometimes at...:cool: ;) lol...

I am continuously amazed at the extent of Yardley's knowledge. He either really knows something about everything, or is willing to look up something about everything, or is an incredible BS artist. I am never quite sure which.

I admire the willingness of stump, dg, deppity, and others to say what they believe without concern of what other's will think and then stand behind it no matter what.

There are a few who really irk me and it wouldn't bother me if they never posted on POTUS again, but I won't get into that...

Even though I don't care much for a few people on here (although they'd probably be okay in real life), any of you guys are welcome to shoot some birds with me anytime. However, some people would not be allowed to speak...j/k...Just call first, so I can be busy that day if I need to...;)

duk4me
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM
In all seriousness, I like the vast majority of yall. I'm not even going to hold it against a couple of you that you're yankees.

I appreciate the ability of dnf, hew, rk, dg, m&k, and some others to make me laugh at times. Sometimes with, sometimes at...:cool: ;) lol...

I am continuously amazed at the extent of Yardley's knowledge. He either really knows something about everything, or is willing to look up something about everything, or is an incredible BS artist. I am never quite sure which.

I admire the willingness of stump, dg, deppity, and others to say what they believe without concern of what other's will think and then stand behind it no matter what.

There are a few who really irk me and it wouldn't bother me if they never posted on POTUS again, but I won't get into that...

Even though I don't care much for a few people on here (although they'd probably be okay in real life), any of you guys are welcome to shoot some birds with me anytime. However, some people would not be allowed to speak...j/k...Just call first, so I can be busy that day if I need to...;)

Now wait a dang minute. How can someone from Eastern NORTH Carolina complain about yankees? Just where is that Mason Dixon line.:):razz:

Ken Bora
09-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Now wait a dang minute. How can someone from Eastern NORTH Carolina complain about yankees? Just where is that Mason Dixon line.:):razz:

...maryland...

Franco
09-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Except of the Fantasy Football thread, I've pretty much given up on Potus. Much better political reading and debate elsewhere on the net. The problem is that many of the posters can't counter an opinion so the resort to name calling. Gets old quick!

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 09:20 PM

We do have a nauseating amount of transplanted yanks here...but I was born and raised in Norf Cackylacky!

charly_t
09-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I like and enjoy a lot of the people on here. Sure there are some who are like an itch weed on your bare, leg in mid summer. Mostly it is fun. I came from a family who argued. It's fun. When I said something to the sons about their argument last Sat. night they hurried to tell me it was a discussion not an argument. And it was like they said when I examined what had been said. No one was mad..........just a good old political discussion on Islam :-)

troy schwab
09-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I generally like everybody here....... and I could see myself sharing a blind with ALMOST all of them.

Hew, UB, and Gibson are always good for a laugh with their sharp tongues......
RK, SHH, Duknwork, Ken and some others..... act just like my friends here in PA......... (No offense Ken).....LOL
DNF, Yardley, and DD..... well, lets just say it would get pretty boring without their skewed views.......LOL
Then we have the fantasy football gang........ they still havent realized they cant win..........

I truly do enjoy this forum..... gives me a well needed break several times a day. Thanks to everyone........ each and every opinionated one of you.........

road kill
09-22-2010, 07:26 AM
"The only thought more frightening than men arguing religion and politics is the thought of men NOT arguing religion and politics."

RK

ducknwork
09-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Nothing really has changed except the faces.

Things get old.

You run out of concepts to discuss . The training forum is no different. I don't see much rudness in most of the posts here or on the main forum.
Hopefully my new avatar will commence the juices to flow in you guys. And you all will be renewed
Sweet dreams

pete

Oh, it got some juices flowing...you know, kinda how your mouth waters a little right before you toss your cookies?

dnf777
09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Nothing really has changed except the faces.

Things get old.

You run out of concepts to discuss . The training forum is no different. I don't see much rudness in most of the posts here or on the main forum.
Hopefully my new avatar will commence the juices to flow in you guys. And you all will be renewed
Sweet dreams

pete

I don't think that's what RK had in mind when he asked for pictures of your favorite "honey hole". But to each his own.........:cool: