PDA

View Full Version : Boy, this is surprising.............NOT!

ducknwork
09-27-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/23/politics/main6895111.shtml

Note:Quotation marks inserted by me.

Senate Democratic "leaders" have decided to delay a vote on President Barack Obama's call to preserve middle class tax cuts until after congressional elections in November.

A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday that the Senate will return in November and work to extend the tax cuts for middle-income taxpayers.

Enacted in 2001 and 2003 under President George W. Bush, they were the most sweeping tax cuts in a generation. If Congress takes no action taxpayers at every income level face significant tax increases next year.

Republicans want to extend all the tax cuts. Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress want to extend them for individuals making more than $200,000 and married couples making more than $250,000.

Ken Bora
09-27-2010, 06:00 PM
It occurred to me that if……….
They/them/those there now, let them expire completely at the deadline. And then basically re-did them at the stroke of a pen. They/them would no longer have to call them the Bush tax cuts. Because they expired. I sure none of them want to extend anything with the Bush name attached. That is what I think.

M&K's Retrievers
09-27-2010, 06:40 PM
It occurred to me that if……….
They/them/those there now, let them expire completely at the deadline. And then basically re-did them at the stroke of a pen. They/them would no longer have to call them the Bush tax cuts. Because they expired. I sure none of them want to extend anything with the Bush name attached. That is what I think.

Ken, their egos are that big but I don't think they're that smart.

luvmylabs23139
09-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Ken, their egos are that big but I don't think they're that smart.
I heard Pelosi refer to extending the bush tax cuts for the middle class as the "Obama" tax cuts a few days ago.

Gerry Clinchy
09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Actually, I don't think it's as big a deal to extend income tax cuts on those over $250K as it is to keep capital gains taxes from increasing.

Attractive capital gains taxation will incentivize investment.