PDA

View Full Version : New Edition To The Family

Clay Rogers
09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
I know this is potus and all, but I am posting this here because I know you guys will be honest with me.

I have a new puppy(out of FC Grady and SRS GRHHRC Abby). His call name is Ranger. His registered name will be Fishing Creeks Blackhawk Down.

You guys from the military, is this OK? I give all my dogs that start in my kennel a military themed name.

I think its fine and so do my buddies I served with, but I wanted a broad based opinion. Thanks ahead of time.

M&K's Retrievers
09-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't count my 6 tears in the Army Reserves as service but as an American I think it's great.

YardleyLabs
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Not a military guy, but why not Blackhawk Flier. It's a great helicopter. Not sure I would want to name my dog after one going down.

dnf777
09-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Nothing at all wrong with that name.
My dog is named after Gen. Abner Doubleday, of the Union Army.
I think its great to have a military theme in your line.

Clay Rogers
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Not a military guy, but why not Blackhawk Flier. It's a great helicopter. Not sure I would want to name my dog after one going down.

Its to honor the men that died in Somalia. Blackhawk Down is the name of the book that tells of the mission and the men.

Clay Rogers
09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't count my 6 tears in the Army Reserves as service but as an American I think it's great.

And why not? If you wore the uniform, you served, period and end of story.

The man in my signature line was National Guard, pulled two tours in Iraq, well one and a half, and I would dare someone to say that.

YardleyLabs
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Its to honor the men that died in Somalia. Blackhawk Down is the name of the book that tells of the mission and the men.
Ii did understand that and have no negative reaction to the name and do not believe i is disrespectful at all. I simply tend to focus on the victories. However, I will admit that I named my most recent pup Yardley Labs Luna Sees the Blue and call her Luna or Lunacy or Loony Tunes depending on my mood and her behavior.

david gibson
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM

of course you wouldnt.

dont you get it?? he is not naming a dog after a downed chopper, rather naming a dog in honor of the men who served so valiantly in that downed chopper. why should it all about victories? the men who perished in defeat deserve even more recognition - gioving their lives at a time that for them seemed impossible - those are true heroes... .. but of course liberals like you just dont get it, do you?

i am beside myself.

stumpholehumper - i think you have a great theme for a dog name there. go with it. i as well as most understand its a name in honor of those who served.

only yardley-types would feel otherwise. and therein lies the MAJOR difference between his side and ours...........SIGH

god bless you and do it - i know what that name will mean to you forever, so just do it.

david gibson
09-28-2010, 08:28 PM

i am sure you meant "years", and i understand you like the name, but being in reserve is not exactly a bad thing - far from it. you should be proud of yourself as we all are.

david gibson
09-28-2010, 08:36 PM

you really, really dont get it, do you?????

this post of yours tops all, i am literally in awe of your total and complete insensitivity here. flabbergasted, befuddled, the works.

my lord man, where is the humanity? where is your patriotism??? you just showed the true leftist viewpoint - you truly make me sick with this post.

i have to stop here. my lord i cant believe you.

i am serious when i say that this reply from you sickens me more that anything i have ever seen here. you are one piece of sad work.

YardleyLabs
09-28-2010, 08:38 PM
you really, really dont get it, do you?????

this post of yours tops all, i am literally in awe of your total and complete insensitivity here. flabbergasted, befuddled, the works.

my lord man, where is the humanity? where is your patriotism??? you just showed the true leftist viewpoint - you truly make me sick with this post.

i have to stop here. my lord i cant believe you.
Dave,

You are a complete blowhard. I would call you a horse's ass, but it would be an insult to the entire species. If moronic theatrics were a major in college, the world would have lost a geologist.

road kill
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
I know this is potus and all, but I am posting this here because I know you guys will be honest with me.

I have a new puppy(out of FC Grady and SRS GRHHRC Abby). His call name is Ranger. His registered name will be Fishing Creeks Blackhawk Down.

You guys from the military, is this OK? I give all my dogs that start in my kennel a military themed name.

I think its fine and so do my buddies I served with, but I wanted a broad based opinion. Thanks ahead of time.

AWESOME name for a pup!!

RK

M&K's Retrievers
09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
i am sure you meant "years", and i understand you like the name, but being in reserve is not exactly a bad thing - far from it. you should be proud of yourself as we all are.

Obviously my MOS wasn't clerk/typist. ;-)

road kill
09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Dave,

You are a complete blowhard. I would call you a horse's ass, but it would be an insult to the entire species. If moronic theatrics were a major in college, the world would have lost a geologist.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your making my side hurt on that one.:p

RK

Clay Rogers
09-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Dave,

Now see, that there is funny as hell. Sorry Dave, but I think you may have earned that one. I don't think Jeff meant any disrespect or insensitivity with either of his posts. I asked for opinions and he gave one. I think you should lighten up on him some dude. I am scared you may have a coronary or something, and that would suck bro. Thanks for your opinion too.

M&K's Retrievers
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Check out Ken Guthrie's thread on the RTF "Pretty Darn Cool".

dnf777
09-28-2010, 09:04 PM
This is funny/sad.
Stump asked a legitimate question, and within two pages, it turned into a showcase of Gibson's insults.

That's the sad part. The funny part is the person who has the most posts on this thread NEVER SERVED, yet Stump made it clear in his original question that this was for "you guys from the military". Way to go Dave. Do you hang around paint ball fields with BDUs, vietnam caps and tell all the young boys your "war stories"??

I think there was concern for disrespecting fellow veterans, not college boys. And I think the vets here, and Yardley, made it clear no disrespect was perceived, rather honor and respect. Then came Gibson......

david gibson
09-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Now see, that there is funny as hell. Sorry Dave, but I think you may have earned that one. I don't think Jeff meant any disrespect or insensitivity with either of his posts. I asked for opinions and he gave one. I think you should lighten up on him some dude. I am scared you may have a coronary or something, and that would suck bro. Thanks for your opinion too.

seriously? you felt no slight from his total misunderstanding of where you were coming from? you felt no slight that he felt that the men that died in that blackhawk dropping were not worthy remembering in you next pups name? oh no, all he saw was a piece of machinery going down, he doesnt see the flesh and blood and patriots within. and you defend that. fine. you got your opinion, funny, my opinion of powell was more apalling to you than his opinion of the men that died in that engagement. in my opinion, those men are the real heroes, not a lying politician.

and you really feel i was going to have a coronary?? shit man, i didnt use bold or caps or even italics. have you forgotten this is the internet?

well, ok. apparently i am totally wrong. if i am really this wrong, i am clearly where i dont belong. my apologies yardley. when the likes of stumpholehunter (who i revere with honor) defends the likes of you (who i dont) over me then clearly i am the lowest of the low.

CYA

david gibson
09-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Stump made it clear in his original question that this was for "you guys from the military".

hmmm....ok, and yardley said:
>>>
<<<

so he is not a military guy either yet his opinion is ok but not mine???

typical leftist hypocrisy......

david gibson
09-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Dave,

just the same as name calling - great one there yardley!

just cant stand being shown the door, can you?

dnf777
09-28-2010, 09:23 PM
seriously? you felt no slight from his total misunderstanding of where you were coming from? you felt no slight that he felt that the men that died in that blackhawk dropping were not worthy remembering in you next pups name? oh no, all he saw was a piece of machinery going down, he doesnt see the flesh and blood and patriots within. and you defend that. fine. you got your opinion, funny, my opinion of powell was more apalling to you than his opinion of the men that died in that engagement. in my opinion, those men are the real heroes, not a lying politician.

CYA

Dave, sometimes I just don't know if you say bizarre things like that to just be different. But if you really believe the above bolded quotes, you truly suffer from delusional thinking. That is the same fanaticism that inflicts the likes of Kim Jong-il and Ahmedinijad; an ingrained hatred that distorts your perception of reality. I doubt anyone else here deduced those conclusions from Jeff's comments.

david gibson
09-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Dave, sometimes I just don't know if you say bizarre things like that to just be different. But if you really believe the above bolded quotes, you truly suffer from delusional thinking. That is the same fanaticism that inflicts the likes of Kim Jong-il and Ahmedinijad; an ingrained hatred that distorts your perception of reality. I doubt anyone else here deduced those conclusions from Jeff's comments.

just like the jackal you are you come in and lap up the rotten entrails.

yardley clearly said he though the name should honor the glory of the aircraft in general over the honor of the guys that died within one blackhawk that went down, when that was clearly what stump intended.

sorry i am i am so stupid......:rolleyes:

Julie R.
09-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm not military, but I like the name (and call name) a lot. It honors the memory of heros and is obviously personal to your own time in the service. I like a thoughtful dog name. Even though I'd like to drop a nuke on Somalia every time I watch that movie or read about another pirate hijacking, I don't think the name conjures negativity at all, rather I think it's noble.

Clay Rogers
09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm not military, but I like the name (and call name) a lot. It honors the memory of heros and is obviously personal to your own time in the service. I like a thoughtful dog name. Even though I'd like to drop a nuke on Somalia every time I watch that movie or read about another pirate hijacking, I don't think the name conjures negativity at all, rather I think it's noble.

Thanks. And I agree 100% with the nuke comment. I think that would solve troubles in several places.

On a side note, this puppy is awesome. Great drive, very birdy and so far seems easy to train. Learned kennel, sit and here fairly easy. Crate trained like a champ. I think he even likes his name.

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2010, 02:27 PM
So where are the puppy pics?? HINT HINT!!!!