PDA

View Full Version : Who Said This????

road kill
09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
"So I came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead — being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me."

Somebody's "mess kit" is gonna get full!!!!;-)

RK

Terri
09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I know the answer. B.O. He did have to think long and hard to come up with that answer.
Terri

Hoosier
09-30-2010, 12:51 AM
"So I came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me."

Somebody's "mess kit" is gonna get full!!!!;-)

RK

Did he just say "an eye for an eye"

road kill
09-30-2010, 06:50 AM
I find it interesting that the progressives are not commenting on Obama's talk with Jesus.

RK

david gibson
09-30-2010, 08:03 AM
I find it interesting that the progressives are not commenting on Obama's talk with Jesus.

RK

he's the phoniest of the phony in this issue.

road kill
09-30-2010, 08:28 AM
I just can't wait for

"Actually......blah blah blah blah blah blah!!!":D

RK

YardleyLabs
09-30-2010, 08:38 AM
I find it interesting that people who claim to be "saved" themselves, or tell me and others like me that we will reach out to God before we die, and then questioning a man who was brought up in a secular household before "seeing the light" almost 20 years ago. Where was that skepticism when Bush went from being a fall down drunk when his father was running for V-P to being a born again Christian when his father was getting ready to run for President?

dnf777
09-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Where was that skepticism when Bush went from being a fall down drunk when his father was running for V-P to being a born again Christian when his father was getting ready to run for President?

Could it be a double-standard being applied? Could it be selective outrage??

Naaahhhh! Not from the radical right. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Really, I think that someone would TROLL for material like this is silly in the first place. (silly, but not at all surprising) That statement addresses something that should be PRIVATE between a man and his God. Anyone who sticks their nose into such issues needs to learn to MYOB. The real question is, 'is he a good president'? that is a whole 'nother debate, but the ideologues would rather spend time on this subject that the real ones that their party has no answers for.

ducknwork
09-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Where was that skepticism when Bush went from being a fall down drunk when his father was running for V-P to being a born again Christian when his father was getting ready to run for President?

Well, since the RTF POTUS didn't exist then, you don't know that the skepticism was nonexistent. You just assume it, right?

Ass-u-me regards,

ducknwork
09-30-2010, 09:08 AM
That statement addresses something that should be PRIVATE between a man and his God. Anyone who sticks their nose into such issues needs to learn to MYOB.

Is it really wrong to "stick your nose in someone else's business" when they are making it public for all the world to see/read/hear? If it's so private, maybe he shouldn't have talked about it. Once he did talk about it, I would think that it's okay for the rest of us to talk about.

Let me preface this next statement by saying that I do not know the man, nor do I know his heart and I am not judging him, but giving my opinion based on what I see and know of him.

He can proclaim to be a Christian as hard and as frequent as he wants to, but the man doesn't live it. If you are going to make your faith as public as he has chosen to make his, then you better show us your faith by your actions rather than just your words. There are way too many things that he stands for that are directly against God for me to be happy with him putting himself in the Christian category. I just don't get how you tout the 'fact' that you are a Christian and openly, blatantly, and willingly go against God's word.

Ken Bora
09-30-2010, 09:09 AM
I very much do not care when he found his faith.
I very much do care about having less $$$ in my pay check.
Age has no bearing upon a persons faith.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t Abraham like about 90
When he made his covenant with God, and was circumcised?
I honestly do not remember and don’t feel like typing a search.
Been a while since I attended Mass.
Anyway, I don’t hear anyone dissing Abraham for not finding God sooner.
I think it is more important to focus on policies, actions and results.
Or lack there of……..
than any possible religious beliefs.
Lets talk about his failures as our President, and leave his religious failures
For he and God to discuss at some later time.

It was interesting to see how slowly he spoke when not reading of a prompter.
I saw the interview on Fox News.

dnf777
09-30-2010, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=ducknwork;683611]Is it really wrong to "stick your nose in someone else's business" when they are making it public for all the world to see/read/hear? If it's so private, maybe he shouldn't have talked about it. Once he did talk about it, I would think that it's okay for the rest of us to talk about.

Its ok for us to talk about whether he wears boxers or briefs, too. I put that on the same level as "when he found God" or whatever the comment was, as far as relevant to how he runs the executive branch.

And you're right. He and Clinton both failed to jusy say, "none of your effin' business!" Like Bush did when asked about cocaine use. That's how you let an issue die.

road kill
09-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Talking about Obama here, not Lincoln or Bush.
Curious about Jesus speaking to him and the legitimacy of that.
Especially amongst the secular progressives here.

We get that you hate Bush.

This is about, Obama.......

If it seems like trolling, then I guess I caught a big one......YOU!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

rK

ducknwork
09-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Its ok for us to talk about whether he wears boxers or briefs, too. I put that on the same level as "when he found God" or whatever the comment was, as far as relevant to how he runs the executive branch.

When did he make that public? Must be one of those videos that they send to people on the super duper exclusive left wing email list.

That would explain why you got it and I didn't.

dnf777
09-30-2010, 09:26 AM
When did he make that public? Must be one of those videos that they send to people on the super duper exclusive left wing email list.

That would explain why you got it and I didn't.

YUK YUK YUK You Soooooo funny!

Most of Obama's trials and tribulations I hear about right here.

BTW.......love your Avatar! isn't it supposed to have spit flying out of his beak when he says that? I wonder what happened to all those classic toons?

road kill
09-30-2010, 09:40 AM
YUK YUK YUK You Soooooo funny!

Most of Obama's trials and tribulations I hear about right here.
Maybe you should spend more time elsewhere.......much more time!

RK

Buzz
09-30-2010, 10:21 AM
I very much do care about having less $$$ in my pay check.

To hear people talk about taxes, you'd never think that they are actually at historically low levels.

david gibson
09-30-2010, 10:26 AM
I find it interesting that people who claim to be "saved" themselves, or tell me and others like me that we will reach out to God before we die, and then questioning a man who was brought up in a secular household before "seeing the light" almost 20 years ago. Where was that skepticism when Bush went from being a fall down drunk when his father was running for V-P to being a born again Christian when his father was getting ready to run for President?

real simple - he was genuine and has shown it ever since, and didnt claim holiness from attending a church where the anti-semetic racist pastor screams "GD AMERICA"

we get you hate bush, but comparing the two in the religious realm is comical. but par for the course from you guys.

Buzz
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
real simple - he was genuine and has shown it ever since

Did you look into his eyes and get a sense of his soul? Like Bush did in his first meeting with Putin?

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue."

"I was able to get a sense of his soul."

dnf777
09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Did you look into his eyes and get a sense of his soul? Like Bush did in his first meeting with Putin?

Maybe he gave him a shoulder rub too, like German Chancellor Angela Merkel got!

LMAO..........good one Buzz!

david gibson
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Maybe he gave him a shoulder rub too, like German Chancellor Angela Merkel got!

LMAO..........good one Buzz!

he damn sure didnt go on an apology tour bowing left and right.....

my point is he was consistent with his church and openness of his religion, instead of playing golf every sunday then pretending to be a strong christian and getting a media crew ready for his walk to church once the poll came out showing so many people thought he was muslim.

sooooo transparent. look into his eyes and you'll see the wall behind him. no soul at all.

Buzz
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
my point is he was consistent with his church and openness of his religion, instead of playing golf every sunday then pretending to be a strong christian and getting a media crew ready for his walk to church once the poll came out showing so many people thought he was muslim.

Gee, I wonder how anyone got that idea?

david gibson
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Gee, I wonder how anyone got that idea?

well it was a giant, right wing conspiracy, of course!:rolleyes:

and its working!