PDA

View Full Version : Atty: California gov candidate Meg Whitman knew housekeeper was in US illegally

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Well you righties bashed Colin Powell for his statement on illegals. What say you now about Meg Whittman who is running for Governor of California as a Republican accused of knowingly hiring an illegal as a maid for 9 years? Would be interesting to hear your comments. Or, just because she is a Republican you will stand by her side?

Gloria Allred, a Los Angeles attorney who represents Whitman's former maid, Nicky Diaz Santillan, said she would release evidence Thursday showing Whitman was aware of the maid's illegal status as far back as 2003, a claim Whitman denies.

Throughout her employment "Nicky was undocumented and ... Whitman was aware of her status," Allred said Wednesday.

Specifically, Whitman disputes that she received a 2003 letter from the Social Security Administration that said the Social Security number provided by the housekeeper did not match the name on file.

david gibson
09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Well you righties bashed Colin Powell for his statement on illegals. What say you now about Meg Whittman who is running for Governor of California as a Republican accused of knowingly hiring an illegal as a maid for 9 years? Would be interesting to hear your comments. Or, just because she is a Republican you will stand by her side?

Gloria Allred, a Los Angeles attorney who represents Whitman's former maid, Nicky Diaz Santillan, said she would release evidence Thursday showing Whitman was aware of the maid's illegal status as far back as 2003, a claim Whitman denies.

Throughout her employment "Nicky was undocumented and ... Whitman was aware of her status," Allred said Wednesday.

Specifically, Whitman disputes that she received a 2003 letter from the Social Security Administration that said the Social Security number provided by the housekeeper did not match the name on file.

if the evidence is shown to support the allegations then she pays the price, period.

nice try! i bet you were just salivating and rubbing your hands together in between bolding the main points, laughing like dick dastardly thinking you had us on the ropes.

sorry! no hypocrisy here like on the left. she should own up or show where the evidence is fabricated. cant believe the word of the maid until they show the proof, you know how hungry lawyers are. i bet she had a thousand liberal lawyers foaming at the mouth (just like you were) to represent her and bring whitman down.

let the truth prevail

WaterDogRem
09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Agree with David.

Since you like to ask this question else where. Would you support her if she was a Dem?

david gibson
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Since you like to ask this question else where. Would you support her if she was a Dem?

ding ding ding......thats a winner!

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Agree with David.

Of course not, Being an Independent. if someone of either party breaks the law they should pay for it.

david gibson
09-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Of course not, Being an Independent. if someone of either party breaks the law they should pay for it.

please. you may claim that but we all know where you stand. a far left independent only has one party to stand with.

you are just like bill maher. saw him with oreilly last night, and orielly asked him what made him become such a lefty extremest when a few years back he was middle of the road.

as serious as he could be he stated that he hadnt changed a bit, but that everyone else has shifted soooo far right that he now appears left.

and to add to that nonsense, he also averred that there was no such thing as left extremists, only right extremists.

kinda like you and several others on this board who shall remain nameless....:rolleyes:

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
please. you may claim that but we all know where you stand. a far left independent only has one party to stand with.

you are just like bill maher. saw him with oreilly last night, and orielly asked him what made him become such a lefty extremest when a few years back he was middle of the road.

as serious as he could be he stated that he hadnt changed a bit, but that everyone else has shifted soooo far right that he now appears left.

and to add to that nonsense, he also averred that there was no such thing as left extremists, only right extremists.

kinda like you and several others on this board who shall remain nameless....:rolleyes:

O'rielly? No wonder you are such a right wing whacko. I'll bet you sisten to Limbaugh also:rolleyes:

david gibson
09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
O'rielly? No wonder you are such a right wing whacko. I'll bet you sisten to Limbaugh also:rolleyes:

beats the comedy channel! and yes, i watch o'reilly once or twice a week. he can be a bit arrogant but he is far more fair than any other rights or lefts out there. he has great discussions with john stewart and the like, they obviously both enjoy it, as opposed to hannity or limbaugh who cant "reach across the aisle". my guess is you have never watched oreilly with an open mind. that would make you a "pinhead". oreilley is fair enough to even dub barney frank a patriot once, he gives credit where credit is due. you just assume he is a whacko because you are told that he is the boogie man by your mentors.

and no, i dont "sisten" to limbaugh.

and what the heck is "sisten"? dude, the "s" key is seven whole keys away from the "l" key. that answers a lot of questions about you. hitting the bottle already before noon?

Marvin S
09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't particularly like Meg Whitman (too moderate), but who's her opponent, former Gov Moonbeam?

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 11:53 AM
beats the comedy channel! and yes, i watch o'reilly once or twice a week. he can be a bit arrogant but he is far more fair than any other rights or lefts out there. he has great discussions with john stewart and the like, they obviously both enjoy it, as opposed to hannity or limbaugh who cant "reach across the aisle". my guess is you have never watched oreilly with an open mind. that would make you a "pinhead". oreilley is fair enough to even dub barney frank a patriot once, he gives credit where credit is due. you just assume he is a whacko because you are told that he is the boogie man by your mentors.

and no, i dont "sisten" to limbaugh.

and what the heck is "sisten"? dude, the "s" key is seven whole keys away from the "l" key. that answers a lot of questions about you. hitting the bottle already before noon?

I am at work and no, I am not hitting the bottle there either. I don't even have any alcoholic beverages in my house.

ducknwork
09-30-2010, 11:53 AM
if the evidence is shown to support the allegations then she pays the price, period.

nice try! i bet you were just salivating and rubbing your hands together in between bolding the main points, laughing like dick dastardly thinking you had us on the ropes.

sorry! no hypocrisy here like on the left. she should own up or show where the evidence is fabricated. cant believe the word of the maid until they show the proof, you know how hungry lawyers are. i bet she had a thousand liberal lawyers foaming at the mouth (just like you were) to represent her and bring whitman down.

let the truth prevail

Bingo. If she's guilty, let her deal with the consequences.

DANG! Another Roger Perry trolling plan THWARTED!

david gibson
09-30-2010, 11:54 AM
[/B]

I am at work and no, I am not hitting the bottle there either. I don't even have any alcoholic beverages in my house.

ahhhhh, i see. you take nips in the car on the way to work. that explains it.

hey - to each his own!

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2010, 12:49 PM

Roger,
Do have any idea how often that pops up with born in the US female citizens?
Women frequently fail to apply for a new ss card following marraige or divorce.
Plus do you know how many pieces of mail the US postal services loses per year?
Again, you are ignoring that the maid was an illegal and obviously blately breaking the law and forging documents.
I'm not defending anyone knowingly hiring an illegal. I just want proof that Whitman knew, not some liberal lawyer trying to get Brown elected.

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Roger,
Do have any idea how often that pops up with born in the US female citizens?
Women frequently fail to apply for a new ss card following marraige or divorce.
Plus do you know how many pieces of mail the US postal services loses per year?
Again, you are ignoring that the maid was an illegal and obviously blately breaking the law and forging documents.
I'm not defending anyone knowingly hiring an illegal. I just want proof that Whitman knew, not some liberal lawyer trying to get Brown elected.

From what I heard on the news this morning and what I gathered from it was Gloria Alred was waiting for Meg to deny knowing the maid was illegal and Gloria responded with she will reveal the proof at noon today. I presume that will be noon on the Pacific coast time.

david gibson
09-30-2010, 01:08 PM
From what I heard on the news this morning and what I gathered from it was Gloria Alred was waiting for Meg to deny knowing the maid was illegal and Gloria responded with she will reveal the proof at noon today. I presume that will be noon on the Pacific coast time.

so all she has to do is say she misspoke, just like powell, and everything will be fine, right?

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm waiting for the feds to do their job and charge the maid with perjury for stating on an I-9 that she was a legal perm resident. I won't hold by breath, but that is what should happen.

road kill
09-30-2010, 02:27 PM

So.....you are against illegal aliens and support border control???

Or is this a diversion so your guy doesn't have to face the issues??

Nice try.......

RK

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
So.....you are against illegal aliens and support border control???

Or is this a diversion so your guy doesn't have to face the issues??

Nice try.......

RK

What do you mean by my guy? I don't live in California. I live in Florida remember? All of you bashed Colin Powell (probably because he has sided with Obama) when he made the remark about illegal immigrants on TV. Awful silence heard here about a Republican (not supporting Obama) that is running to be the governor of california that has had an illegal working for her for 9 years and when she fired the maid alledgely said "you don't know me and I don't know you"

road kill
09-30-2010, 02:58 PM
What do you mean by my guy? I don't live in California. I live in Florida remember? All of you bashed Colin Powell (probably because he has sided with Obama) when he made the remark about illegal immigrants on TV. Awful silence heard here about a Republican (not supporting Obama) that is running to be the governor of california that has had an illegal working for her for 9 years and when she fired the maid alledgely said "you don't know me and I don't know you"
YOUR GUY is any secular progressive left wing bleeding heart liberal in any race anywhere..

And you didn't answer either of the 2 specific questions.

Are you against illegal aliens?
Are you for tighter border security?

I don't blame you, your in a corner of you own design, your side is good at that.:cool:

RK

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Roger,
The maid produced fraudulent documents and additionally committed perjury on her I-9.
Whitman even used an employment agency to find the maid. THe employment agency had also screened the maid. The documents produced by the maid satisfy I-9 employer verification requirements. How is this knowingly hiring an illegal. At this point these are the only documented facts that have been produced. The documents are available for viewing on TMZ's website. By the way, the liberal lawyer is a large campaign donor to Brown.

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 03:15 PM
YOUR GUY is any secular progressive left wing bleeding heart liberal in any race anywhere..

And you didn't answer either of the 2 specific questions.

Are you against illegal aliens?
Are you for tighter border security?

I don't blame you, your in a corner of you own design, your side is good at that.:cool:

RK

To answer your questions (although in another thread you said you did not have to answer to me *** rembember the joke I made about poor ms. palin and her being on dancing with the stars) well I a against illegal aliens coming across our borders illegaly and yes, I am for tighter border security although with 2 wars still going on I don't know where we would get the personnel to keep watch on our borders from Texas to California or where we would get the money from to finance tighter security.

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Roger,
The maid produced fraudulent documents and additionally committed perjury on her I-9.
Whitman even used an employment agency to find the maid. THe employment agency had also screened the maid. The documents produced by the maid satisfy I-9 employer verification requirements. How is this knowingly hiring an illegal. At this point these are the only documented facts that have been produced. The documents are available for viewing on TMZ's website. By the way, the liberal lawyer is a large campaign donor to Brown.

What are the chances Whittman will carry the hispanic vote in California?

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2010, 03:34 PM
What are the chances Whittman will carry the hispanic vote in California?

This is nothing but a political stunt by the left wing nuts. Again, the maid committed fraud and perjury.
She is illegal, should be charged for her crimes and the deported!

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 03:41 PM
This is nothing but a political stunt by the left wing nuts. Again, the maid committed fraud and perjury.
She is illegal, should be charged for her crimes and the deported!

and if it is proven Meg Whitman knew about the maid she hired was illegal what should happen to her since she flat out denied knowing the maid was an illegal on national television?

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
and if it is proven Meg Whitman knew about the maid she hired was illegal what should happen to her since she flat out denied knowing the maid was an illegal on national television?

So far there is zero proof. According to the Dem's tax cheating is ok so why bother Meg who at the very least tried to follow the law in good faith unlike turbo tax Tim.:rolleyes:

ducknwork
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
To answer your questions (although in another thread you said you did not have to answer to me *** rembember the joke I made about poor ms. palin and her being on dancing with the stars) well I a against illegal aliens coming across our borders illegaly and yes, I am for tighter border security although with 2 wars still going on I don't know where we would get the personnel to keep watch on our borders from Texas to California or where we would get the money from to finance tighter security.

Unemployment is hovering somewhere around 10%.

Just sayin...

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Unemployment is hovering somewhere around 10%.

Just sayin...

And you are bitching about Obama spending money and increasing the national debt. Where would the money come from to hire the people to patrol the borders?

Just another right winger flapping his gums with no real solutions to the problems.

Just like the Republicans that want to restructure the health care bill but have not come up with any solid solutions. Just like the Republicans want to reduce spending but do not know where to make the cuts. Just like the Republicans that want the tax cuts for the wealthy to continue but bitch about the national debt. They just flap their mouths but bring no viable answers to the problems and how to fix them.

Lucky Seven
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM

Independent my A$$ ........

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Independent my A$$ ........

Damn right I am an Independent. Just tired of the way the economy is going with no one having any answers and that includes the Democrats. Obama at least has kept us from going into a depression which is where we were headed before he took office.

By the way, I was just comparing the statements that both Whitman and Powell made as both are Republicans but only one of them was blasted.

road kill
09-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Your right RP,I said that and you don't have to answer to me.
But you did, with a solid answer, I respect that.

But we agree on something.
However, it appears if the feds can't do it, AZ had a plan, it was blocked by Holder.

Why not let AZ take care of it if Obama won't (dosen't want to)?

RK

Roger Perry
09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Your right RP,I said that and you don't have to answer to me.
But you did, with a solid answer, I respect that.

But we agree on something.
However, it appears if the feds can't do it, AZ had a plan, it was blocked by Holder.

Why not let AZ take care of it if Obama won't (dosen't want to)?

RK

Then there is that pesky little thing called the Constitution getting in the way again.

Is Arizona’s new immigration law constitutional?
We hit the question briefly on Friday in this post (http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/04/23/law-profs-on-arizona-immigration-bill-its-unconstitutional/), and the initial answer to the question seemed to be no, that in passing an immigration law, Arizona was improperly stepping into the domain of the federal government.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/04/28/constitutional-challenges-to-arizona-immigration-law-on-their-way/

road kill
09-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Then there is that pesky little thing called the Constitution getting in the way again.

Is Arizona’s new immigration law constitutional?
We hit the question briefly on Friday in this post (http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/04/23/law-profs-on-arizona-immigration-bill-its-unconstitutional/), and the initial answer to the question seemed to be no, that in passing an immigration law, Arizona was improperly stepping into the domain of the federal government.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2010/04/28/constitutional-challenges-to-arizona-immigration-law-on-their-way/

If the feds can't (won't) do it, the states are allowed to.

The constitutionality of it is "racial profiling" which to date never happened.
It is a fear tactic to keep the borders open so we (your side) can make them citizens and get VOTES!!!!!:D

Do you seriously beleive it is un-constitutional to protect our borders from law breakers??

Really???:confused:

RK

luvmylabs23139
09-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Where is ICE? Why isn't this illegal in jail right now? Identity theft, fraud, perjury on federal documents, etc.

dnf777
09-30-2010, 06:43 PM
[/B]

I mentioned that possibility a little while ago to explain some of the bizarre behavior out of the bosom-buddies, so now he lifts that idea and throws it at you! (inappropriately) Then accused me of lifting his and lil-gibby's words! LMAO at the hypocrisy. Its as predictable as the sunrise. I'll bet smoke is coming out his ears right now thinking up a witty little retort to his being exposed! :D:D

road kill
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
I mentioned that possibility a little while ago to explain some of the bizarre behavior out of the bosom-buddies, so now he lifts that idea and throws it at you! (inappropriately) Then accused me of lifting his and lil-gibby's words! LMAO at the hypocrisy. Its as predictable as the sunrise. I'll bet smoke is coming out his ears right now thinking up a witty little retort to his being exposed! :D:D

Maybe you should go tell your mommy about the big kids picking on you at recess!!!:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

RK

dnf777
09-30-2010, 07:32 PM
I told your mommy all about it last night!

REALLY ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Hope you understand, nothing personal....just a little tit-for-tat.:lol:

road kill
09-30-2010, 07:53 PM

REALLY ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Your little "ignore" thing not workin' so good?

I mean you just can't help yourself.

Either you made it up or you peak, like a small child at Christmas!!!:D

RK

Goose
09-30-2010, 07:53 PM

REALLY ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Did you really just say that?

M&K's Retrievers
10-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Could Roger and DS be one and the same?

Just wondering regards,

ducknwork
10-01-2010, 07:56 AM

REALLY ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Below the belt and way out of line. If someone says something about my mom, they deserve to have their butt whipped. God only gave me one mom, and I wouldn't let someone internet badass talk about her any more than I would let someone in real life do so.

Grow up Dave. I thought you were better than that. I guess I was wrong.

ducknwork
10-01-2010, 08:05 AM
And you are bitching about Obama spending money and increasing the national debt. Where would the money come from to hire the people to patrol the borders?

Just another right winger flapping his gums with no real solutions to the problems.

Just like the Republicans that want to restructure the health care bill but have not come up with any solid solutions. Just like the Republicans want to reduce spending but do not know where to make the cuts. Just like the Republicans that want the tax cuts for the wealthy to continue but bitch about the national debt. They just flap their mouths but bring no viable answers to the problems and how to fix them.

I believe that if we got the illegals out of the country (and kept them out), we would have more than enough money to pay people to protect our border, don't you? Employing all those people would also increase tax revenue, which would help a myriad of problems. Hmmm...more people would have health insurance also and wouldn't have to receive Obamacare courtesy of the rest of us. They'd probably stop receiving unemplyment and food stamps and whatever else comes with not having a job. Jails in border towns wouldn't have so many illegals in them if they couldn't get in the country. How much does it cost taxpayers to house all the illegals in jail/prison? I bet that amount could pay more than a few people to stand on the border! Man, there are savings all around and I am sure that I have missed a few!

Besides, Roger, there is a difference in wasting money like Obama has done so well, and spending it on worthwhile causes, like keeping criminals out of our country! Don't you realize that?

As far as your last paragraph and you smart aleck comment about 'flapping my gums', the difference between me and a lot of people and especially me and YOU is that when I say something, I mean it and I can back it up. There is substance behind these flapping gums. Maybe you ought to look into getting some, troll.

BrianW
10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
We could pose "What if.. " future development all day long but what about sticking to things we know? Jerry Brown had his "time in the sun" as governor and was part of the problems that California faces now, doing nothing to address the illegals situation and now he wants a 2nd shot? If I still lived in CA (thank God I don't) I could not vote for Brown and all his other wacked policies, they were a major part of the reasons we left. With him as Atty General, things have gone even more into the sewer.
The issue as I see it is for knowingly hiring an illegal and Whitman does not appear to have done that at this point in time. She, and the employment agency, were presented with documents from someone that was knowingly committing a crime. As others have stated previously here, you have to take the documents at face value. She was then sent a letter from SSA saying the name & number didn't match, but that is not a definitive statement of illegality. Compare that with with Powell's initial statement of knowingly using illegals and it's not even close in my book.

Whitman's position on the real issue (imo) is to "secure the border", Brown's (current) position is to "support the pathway to legalization" & to deport "if they break the law" after they're already here 'if" they get caught and as AG he's rarely done that, helping put CA further in the budget toilet. Here is my "if" though - If Brown had done the right thing when he had the chance, this housekeeper might not even be here now and we wouldn't even be having this debate.

road kill
10-01-2010, 10:01 AM
We could pose "What if.. " future development all day long but what about sticking to things we know? Jerry Brown had his "time in the sun" as governor and was part of the problems that California faces now, doing nothing to address the illegals situation and now he wants a 2nd shot? If I still lived in CA (thank God I don't) I could not vote for Brown and all his other wacked policies, they were a major part of the reasons we left. With him as Atty General, things have gone even more into the sewer.
The issue as I see it is for knowingly hiring an illegal and Whitman does not appear to have done that at this point in time. She, and the employment agency, were presented with documents from someone that was knowingly committing a crime. As others have stated previously here, you have to take the documents at face value. She was then sent a letter from SSA saying the name & number didn't match, but that is not a definitive statement of illegality. Compare that with with Powell's initial statement of knowingly using illegals and it's not even close in my book.

Whitman's position on the real issue (imo) is to "secure the border", Brown's (current) position is to "support the pathway to legalization" & to deport "if they break the law" after they're already here 'if" they get caught and as AG he's rarely done that, helping put CA further in the budget toilet. Here is my "if" though - If Brown had done the right thing when he had the chance, this housekeeper might not even be here now and we wouldn't even be having this debate.

The leftys know they cant beat her on issues.
So they do the one thing they know how to do.
You see it here every day!

RK

Roger Perry
10-01-2010, 12:05 PM
The leftys know they cant beat her on issues.
So they do the one thing they know how to do.
You see it here every day!

RK

The issue as I see it is for knowingly hiring an illegal and Whitman does not appear to have done that at this point in time. She, and the employment agency, were presented with documents from someone that was knowingly committing a crime. Per Brian W

Yesterday on GMA Whitman stated she knew nothing about a letter from SSA that the maids SS# did not match up. Today I see there is an addmition that the letter was received. WTF?

On Thursday, Whitman disclosed that her husband might have seen the 2003 letter and jotted a note on it telling the housekeeper to "please check this."
For two days, Whitman forcefully denied receiving any such letter and said she fired the $23-an-hour housekeeper last year immediately after learning she was illegal.
But Whitman's husband changed course Thursday after a letter surfaced with what appeared to be his handwriting, forcing him to say he may have been aware of the correspondence back in 2003.

Whitman has called for tougher sanctions against employers who hire illegal workers, and the fact that she employed an illegal immigrant maid from Mexico for nine years could undermine her credibility. She has also spent millions courting Latino voters, who could play a key role in determining the outcome of the race.
After Whitman's denials, the housekeeper and lawyer Gloria Allred produced a copy of the letter Thursday that they say shows Whitman's husband, Dr. Griffith Harsh III, partially filled it out.
Allred said the housekeeper recognized the writing as belonging to Whitman's husband, and a handwriting specialist may be brought in to analyze her husband's penmanship. She claims it could prove that Whitman and her husband knew years earlier that Diaz Santillan was not a U.S. citizen.

ducknwork
10-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Roger, if that's the case, then she should suffer whatever consequences result from hiring illegals.

That is the difference between us and you. When 'our side' does something wrong, we still expect them to be held accountable. When 'your side' does something wrong, it was just a simple mistake and they should be allowed to slide.

luvmylabs23139
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Actually by law back then, such a letter from ss could not be used in any manner to terminate an employee under penalty of law! Those letters lcearly state that they are in no way a reflection of possible immigratation status. The maid and her attorney have already made a few fatal false claims. Only for tax year 2002, letters sent in 2003 were they sent to every employer regardless of # employees for 1 mismatch. The maid claims she saw letters thrown in the trash for subsquent years. That is a flat out lie because after that year Whittman would not have recieved a letter because she had less than 1o employees. Also, a ss mismatch letter to an employer is not uncommon for female employees who fail to keep their name changes current with ss. I like the claim that it meant that they would know she was not a us citizen from the letter. What does that have to do with anything? The maid never claimed to be a US citizen. She filled out an I-9 claiming to be a premenant resident.

Gerry Clinchy
10-01-2010, 12:23 PM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39442078/ns/today-entertainment

Whitman says the woman provided what appeared to be a valid Social Security card and driver's license when she was hired through an employment agency in 2000. At issue is whether Whitman knew about a 2003 letter from the Social Security Administration that raised discrepancies about her housekeeper's documents — a possible tip-off that she could be in the U.S. illegally.

Allred, who is well-known for orchestrating media stunts, has not permitted Diaz Santillan to answer a single question from reporters over two days of news conferences. The former housekeeper read a brief, prepared statement Wednesday that alleged brusque treatment during her nine-year tenure. Whitman said it was "not the Nicky I know."

Whitman's husband contends he referred the letter to the housekeeper to follow up. If that was the only notice received by Whitman, did they believe the housekeeper had straightened the problem out? Did they receive any other follow-up from the SS? Did they continue to make the required SS contributions & not receive any further notice of the incorrect SS # ... until June 2009 when the housekeeper was fired?

Evidently, the law says it is illegal for an employer to knowingly hire or employ and illegal alien. The hiring process does not seem to indict Whitman. The documents required were apparently valid. (Later, it says that the housekeeper apparently used the documents of her legally resident sister).

The question would then be when it was confirmed that the housekeeper was illegally resident. The 2003 letter did not confirm that fact ... what happened after that letter would be a key element in making that determination.

If the evidence to support the allegation is presented, then Whitman should be treated like any other employer in such a situation.

Based on the illegal activities of politicians that come to light almost daily, and even when proven, the electorate sees fit to continue the tenure of those thieves, criminal behavior does not seem to be a determining factor in holding public office. I do NOT agree with that!

At $23/hour for housekeeping ... I begin to wonder what my BS degree is worth!

Roger Perry
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Roger, if that's the case, then she should suffer whatever consequences result from hiring illegals.

That is the difference between us and you. When 'our side' does something wrong, we still expect them to be held accountable. When 'your side' does something wrong, it was just a simple mistake and they should be allowed to slide.

Looks like you are the only one stating Whitman should be held accountable. The others on "your side" don't appear to believe she should be held accountable.:confused::rolleyes:

luvmylabs23139
10-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Looks like you are the only one stating Whitman should be held accountable. The others on "your side" don't appear to believe she should be held accountable.:confused::rolleyes:

Roger,
When I see any proof that Whittman KNOWINGLY hired an illegal I will state an opinion. To date I have only seen proof that Whittman followed the letter of the law.
At his point I would like your opinion about the numerous laws the maid has broken and what whould be done with her. THere is plenty of legal proof of the maid's illegal activities.

Roger Perry
10-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Roger,
When I see any proof that Whittman KNOWINGLY hired an illegal I will state an opinion. To date I have only seen proof that Whittman followed the letter of the law.
At his point I would like your opinion about the numerous laws the maid has broken and what whould be done with her. THere is plenty of legal proof of the maid's illegal activities.

Whatever the law dictates.

luvmylabs23139
10-01-2010, 01:05 PM
The attorney general of CA should be prosecuting the maid not having his political support paraiding her around in front of cameras.

Roger Perry
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
The attorney general of CA should be prosecuting the maid not having his political support paraiding her around in front of cameras.

And what about Whitman lying on national television about not having any knowledge of recieving a letter from SSA? I realize she is a republican and all but does that excuse the lie? After all the republicans have been lying for years to cover their arses.

luvmylabs23139
10-01-2010, 01:16 PM
And what about Whitman lying on national television about not having any knowledge of recieving a letter from SSA? I realize she is a republican and all but does that excuse the lie? After all the republicans have been lying for years.

She said she never saw it. Highly possible only the husband did, and handled the matter.

luvmylabs23139
10-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't get me started on Obama's lies.

Gerry Clinchy
10-01-2010, 01:32 PM

Roger, are we reading the same posts? I have seen no one on this forum, regardless of conservative or liberal, who believes that Whitman shouldn't be held accountable.

The only "pro Whitman" statements have essentially been to get the evidence. If she has lied about her knowledge of the illegal status of the housekeeper, then that should also be treated as the law provides.

As with other "allegations" made in the political campaign arena, even if not proven by evidence, careers can be ruined. In those cases, those making the allegations most often get away with no penalty at all.

I don't know how you could interpret the statements made as indications that Whitman should get a free pass if she has, indeed, broken laws.

Roger Perry
10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Roger, are we reading the same posts? I have seen no one on this forum, regardless of conservative or liberal, who believes that Whitman shouldn't be held accountable.

The only "pro Whitman" statements have essentially been to get the evidence. If she has lied about her knowledge of the illegal status of the housekeeper, then that should also be treated as the law provides.

As with other "allegations" made in the political campaign arena, even if not proven by evidence, careers can be ruined. In those cases, those making the allegations most often get away with no penalty at all.

I don't know how you could interpret the statements made as indications that Whitman should get a free pass if she has, indeed, broken laws.

Why don't you put that question to lovemylabs? She is the one wanting to go after the maid and hold the employer harmless. Now, if Whitman had been a democrat I am sure lovemylabs would want her to be hung from the highest rafter.

luvmylabs23139
10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Why don't you put that question to lovemylabs? She is the one wanting to go after the maid and hold the employer harmless. Now, if Whitman had been a democrat I am sure lovemylabs would want her to be hung from the highest rafter.

Roger,
I have stated more than once if and when I see credable proof that Whitmann was knowingly employing an illegal I would, based on the evidence presented, give my opinion on what should happen to Whittman. To date no evidence has been presented.
At this point there is a huge pile of legal evidence that the maid committed multiple crimes including, fraud, perjury, and identity theft.
These crimes should not be ignored. That maid should be in jail right now.

Gerry Clinchy
10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Roger,
I have stated more than once if and when I see credable proof that Whitmann was knowingly employing an illegal I would, based on the evidence presented, give my opinion on what should happen to Whittman. To date no evidence has been presented.
At this point there is a huge pile of legal evidence that the maid committed multiple crimes including, fraud, perjury, and identity theft.
These crimes should not be ignored. That maid should be in jail right now.

Please note Post #13

In later posts the poster also advocated applying the rule of law to the housekeeper. Seems fair to make both parties answer to the laws they have broken.

Anyone else?

ducknwork
10-01-2010, 03:31 PM

This was post #2 Roger. Learn how to read.

let the truth prevail

T. Mac
10-01-2010, 04:10 PM
We could pose "What if.. " future development all day long but what about sticking to things we know? Jerry Brown had his "time in the sun" as governor and was part of the problems that California faces now, doing nothing to address the illegals situation and now he wants a 2nd shot?

Also intriguing, is that Jerry, after being castigated for his turn-around on property taxes has become an advocate of the "voters will". Yet because term limits was approved after his term as governor, he is the only living ex-governor who is allowed to run again after serving 2 terms. Where is the following the intent of the law and not the finding a loophole in the law?

T. Mac

caryalsobrook
10-01-2010, 10:07 PM
And what about Whitman lying on national television about not having any knowledge of recieving a letter from SSA? I realize she is a republican and all but does that excuse the lie? After all the republicans have been lying for years to cover their arses.

You seem to have a propensity for calling people liers, even those who don't remember a letter they might have received in 2003. Well I for one can tell you that I can't remember a single letter that I received in 2003. I can tell you that I have received letters from the SS Administration concerning employees at times during the course of business. Some concerning w-2 forms name discrepencies and I am sure concerning other matters. I did what the letters said to do to straighten out the matter and then FORGOT ABOUT THEM! If I wanted to hire an illegal allein I can tell you that the last place that I would go to would be an emplorment agency. I don't know why you would make such an assumption of her lying be it she is a republican or a former CEO, a successful Ceo that is. CEO's for that matter are not people rising from hades or alliens from outer space, or clones or people who have been hired for the job because they are dunderheads. Most are the tow haired boy or the pigtailed girl who sat next to you in grammar school who was blessed with at least an average ability who was willing to take a job maybe any job at first, worked hard usually far harder than everybody else and with a litle bit of luck, reached their childhood dream and became the head of a company. If they failed they picked themselves up didn't blame others for their failures, didn't poormouth, but started over. Most never were laid of, never gor an unemplorment or disabillity check. Most would never complain.

If your accusations are because she is a republican, that appears to be the norm today. I don't know her positions on policy so I have no opinion of her. It is of no interest to me since I don't vote in Cal. I have read where you have called at least one president an idiot. Personally I don't believe any person elected president is an idiot. If they were, then I would have sympathy for them because they could justify their policies by their lack of intelligence. Having respect for the abilities of our presidents, I hold all of them accountable for their policies including the current one.

depittydawg
10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't get me started on Obama's lies.

Obama is not up for election in Ca. When he is up for re-election in 2 years. His lies will matter and should be held against him. Until then, it is not relevant.

M&K's Retrievers
10-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Obama is not up for election in Ca. When he is up for re-election in 2 years. His lies will matter and should be held against him. Until then, it is not relevant.

The POTUS lies are only relevant every four years? How nice, but stoopid!

Eric Johnson
10-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Chances are....

1. The letter came and was opened by Whitman's husband. Since it wasn't particularly alarming and seemed to apply more to the maid than to the members of the household, he asked the maid to check it out.

2. The maid pocketed the letter in furtherance of her other deceits.

3. The maid was fired later when the deceit was discovered.

4. The maid pulled out the letter and went to Ms. Allred.

All-in-all, the maid is guilty of lying to the employment agency and the Whitman's. That's just about it.

Eric

david gibson
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM

REALLY ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

this from the guy who has a meltdown when you mention family? way out of line, way way out. "telling your mommy" on someone implies the target is a crybaby, not a family insult. insinuating you were with another persons mother the night before is an entirely different matter.

not even close to tit for tat. lucky for you none of us are the "run and tell the moderators" type, because that really is disrespectful

if i had any respect for you at all i would have lost it all with this.