PDA

View Full Version : Obama, Bought And Paid For by Wall St.

Franco
10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
So far, a very informative book as I am only into a couple of chapters.

http://polizeros.com/2010/09/17/bought-and-paid-for-gasparino-book-on-obama/

A top reporter exposes the deep ties between the Obama administration and the big banks that are bankrupting our country.

As the recession continues, President Obama has chastised the "fat cats" who feast off government bailout money while unemployment remains high and smaller businesses struggle.

But according to Gasparino, Obama is faking his outrage, and his calls for new policies to rein in banks that are "too big to fail" are just pabulum. In reality, Obama has climbed into bed with Wall Street CEOs, giving them what they want so they will support his liberal, big-government agenda. As a result, the big banks responsible for the credit crisis get rescued, while small businesses and ordinary Americans get crushed by higher taxes and irresponsible spending.

Gasparino draws on interviews with dozens of key CEOs and political players to trace the roots of Wall Street's twisted love affair with one of the most liberal presidents in American history. He shows how, for decades, big banks and big business have colluded with big government, thereby laying the groundwork for today's shady dealings, and how the same bankers Obama now publically reprimands have supported him-not because he promises change, but because he promises business.

Written in Gasparino's characteristic smart yet no-nonsense style, this book is both an exposť and a wake-up call to all Americans to strike back against the people and policies that are ruining our country.

http://www.intellectualconservative....d-wall-street/ (http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2010/10/04/book-review-bought-and-paid-for-%E2%80%93-the-unholy-alliance-between-barack-obama-and-wall-street/)

Buzz
10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
That clearly explains what happened here:

(I watched Gasparino on CNBC for years. He's an idealogical blow hard. Don't miss him a bit since he moved over to FOX Business.)

Wall Street-Related Political Contributions Shift Toward Republicans

By Dave Levinthal on August 10, 2010 4:03 PM

Financial firms and the people who work for them are increasingly donating their political cash to Republicans, according to a preliminary Center for Responsive Politics analysis of second-quarter federal campaign finance data.

The Center's preliminary study indicates that political action committees and individuals associated with the broad finance, insurance and real estate sector have given more money to federal-level Republican interests during every month since December. The gap continued to grow during that time, reaching its widest point in June.

Such a shift away from Democratic candidates -- darlings of Wall Street interests for much of 2009 -- coincides with Democrat-driven financial reform legislation that President Barack Obama signed last month.

Contribution trends toward Republicans is particularly pronounced in the securities and investment industry, the Center finds.

During March 2009, people and PACs associated with this industry directed 70 percent of their federal-level contributions to Democratic candidates, party committees and leadership PACs.

By June, such numbers had practically flipped, with preliminary figures indicating Republican interests had received 68 percent of all federal-level contributions from this industry.

Individuals associated with these industries, such as company executives and middle managers, are the primary drivers of a Republican campaign donation shift, the Center's research indicates.

For example, in June, political action committees sponsored by securities and investment firms and trade groups almost evenly split their federal-level political contributions between Democrats and Republicans, preliminary figures show.

But individuals working within this industry in June favored federal-level Republicans with $7 for every $10 spent. That's a significant departure from the beginning of 2009, when individuals working in this industry favored Democratic interests with $6 for every $10 spent on federal-level political interests.

The recent change in political preferences among individual employees in the securities and investment industry is shown as follows

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/davebezesky/politicalgiving.jpg]

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/wall-street-switches-support-from-democrats-to-republicans

Franco
10-06-2010, 03:26 PM
According to Bloomberg Buisness Report, the Dems are still the darlings of Wall St.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-04-21/democratic-party-helped-by-wall-street-outraising-republicans.html

Why would Wall St abandon Obama/Barney Frank/Chris Dodd? They just past Reform that didn't address Too Big To Fail. The recent reform bill had more to do with stepping up Affirmative Action on Wall St, Whistleblower program and growing the Federal Government.

subroc
10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Buzz, your graph looks like obama's approval rating!

Buzz
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
According to Bloomberg Buisness Report, the Dems are still the darlings of Wall St.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-04-21/democratic-party-helped-by-wall-street-outraising-republicans.html

Why would Wall St abandon Obama/Barney Frank/Chris Dodd? They just past Reform that didn't address Too Big To Fail. The recent reform bill had more to do with stepping up Affirmative Action on Wall St, Whistleblower program and growing the Federal Government.

This from the article you posted (which was published back in April):

Wall Street helped give a fundraising edge to Democratic committees and candidates. Employees in the securities and investment industry made $34.3 million in donations last year, about the same as in 2007, with 62 percent going to Democrats, the party’s largest share in a non-election year in the 20 years of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, a Washington-based research group.

If you look at my chart, you'll see that the flip occurred last spring.

If you were a CNBC junkie like me, you'd hear a lot of complaining from Wall Street about FIN REG.

menmon
10-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Last time I looked I had real money in my 401k, so I want wall st to do good! Don't you?

Bayou Magic
10-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Last time I looked I had real money in my 401k, so I want wall st to do good! Don't you?

Big government crawling in bed with WS fat cats creates a platform for the WS hot shots to remain WS hot shots. It is nothing more than insurance. The fat cats stay fat and remain too big to fail. WS pumps money to the party or parties that will ensue return on investment. They hedge their bets by contributing heavily to both major parties.

You don't really think the millions flowing from Wall Street to the politcal sharks are intended to benefit small private investors, do you?

fp

paul young
10-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Big government crawling in bed with WS fat cats creates a platform for the WS hot shots to remain WS hot shots. It is nothing more than insurance. The fat cats stay fat and remain too big to fail. WS pumps money to the party or parties that will ensue return on investment. They hedge their bets by contributing heavily to both major parties.

You don't really think the millions flowing from Wall Street to the politcal sharks are intended to benefit small private investors, do you?

fp

ok, so if the money is now flowing to the Republican party, who most on this forum want to overturn the Democratic majorities in the house and senate, i guess that means it's going to be status quo after this election?

i would expect that will mean that the folks on here that call themselves conservatives will still be unhappy. maybe more so.

unity on this forum at last! i can't wait!-Paul

Franco
10-06-2010, 07:38 PM

I'll gamble on the NFL before I'll try and guess which stocks and the market in general are being manipulated by the big money movers on WS.

The stock values mean little today the way they bounce up and down with wild swings. That tells me there is no stability. The market is nothing more han a bunch of money movers trying to out smart thier peers. Screw 'em, there are much better places to save and earn real money.

And to answer Paul about the Republicans. Yes! They are just as guilty. The problem with the Dems is the growth in the Fed Gov and the massive spending that creates zero wealth or any real jobs. Let alone the pending Health Care disaster.

road kill
10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
So far, a very informative book as I am only into a couple of chapters.

http://polizeros.com/2010/09/17/bought-and-paid-for-gasparino-book-on-obama/

A top reporter exposes the deep ties between the Obama administration and the big banks that are bankrupting our country.

As the recession continues, President Obama has chastised the "fat cats" who feast off government bailout money while unemployment remains high and smaller businesses struggle.

But according to Gasparino, Obama is faking his outrage, and his calls for new policies to rein in banks that are "too big to fail" are just pabulum. In reality, Obama has climbed into bed with Wall Street CEOs, giving them what they want so they will support his liberal, big-government agenda. As a result, the big banks responsible for the credit crisis get rescued, while small businesses and ordinary Americans get crushed by higher taxes and irresponsible spending.

Gasparino draws on interviews with dozens of key CEOs and political players to trace the roots of Wall Street's twisted love affair with one of the most liberal presidents in American history. He shows how, for decades, big banks and big business have colluded with big government, thereby laying the groundwork for today's shady dealings, and how the same bankers Obama now publically reprimands have supported him-not because he promises change, but because he promises business.

Written in Gasparino's characteristic smart yet no-nonsense style, this book is both an exposť and a wake-up call to all Americans to strike back against the people and policies that are ruining our country.

http://www.intellectualconservative....d-wall-street/ (http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2010/10/04/book-review-bought-and-paid-for-%E2%80%93-the-unholy-alliance-between-barack-obama-and-wall-street/)

George Soros bought and paid for Obama!!!;-)

RK

menmon
10-07-2010, 09:57 AM
George Soros bought and paid for Obama!!!;-)

RK

George Soros is just a good Democrat that puts his money with those that have the peoples best interest. George knows how to make money no matter who is at the healm.

menmon
10-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I'll gamble on the NFL before I'll try and guess which stocks and the market in general are being manipulated by the big money movers on WS.

The stock values mean little today the way they bounce up and down with wild swings. That tells me there is no stability. The market is nothing more han a bunch of money movers trying to out smart thier peers. Screw 'em, there are much better places to save and earn real money.

And to answer Paul about the Republicans. Yes! They are just as guilty. The problem with the Dems is the growth in the Fed Gov and the massive spending that creates zero wealth or any real jobs. Let alone the pending Health Care disaster.

Let me give you some food for thought.

Every pay period most Americans invest 5-15% of their paycheck in the stock market via their 401K plan. Now thnk about this for a minute. There is a finite number of stocks, so if this much new cash is invested in the market every month, stock have to go up. Now the swings you mentioned or caused by institutional investors move around to the different markets, i.e., bond and cash.

Unless you need you money in the near term. Put it in the S&P and for get about it and down the road you will have made real money from your investment. It is just simplke math!

PS I should charge you for that advice.

Buzz
10-07-2010, 10:48 AM
George Soros is just a good Democrat that puts his money with those that have the peoples best interest. George knows how to make money no matter who is at the healm.

Mike,

We'll probably hear a bit more about Soros than usual for awhile. I was listening to Glenn Beck on my radio the night before last, and he was focusing on that scary fellow George Soros. It seems that Soros is so powerful that he can just go out and position himself to profit from a currency crisis, and then just the sheer power of his words can take that currency down! Beck refers to Soros as "that spooky guy!" Be very afraid!

Interesting that all those who fear the power of Soros and his money are just fine with the influence that the Koch brothers can buy with their money, or that of Richard Mellon Scaife, or Rupert Murdoch. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

menmon
10-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Mike,

We'll probably hear a bit more about Soros than usual for awhile. I was listening to Glenn Beck on my radio the night before last, and he was focusing on that scary fellow George Soros. It seems that Soros is so powerful that he can just go out and position himself to profit from a currency crisis, and then just the sheer power of his words can take that currency down! Beck refers to Soros as "that spooky guy!" Be very afraid!

Interesting that all those who fear the power of Soros and his money are just fine with the influence that the Koch brothers can buy with their money, or that of Richard Mellon Scaife, or Rupert Murdoch. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

These guys are doing for their investors what they are paid to do. If I remember correctly, it is the republicans that don't what the government making rules for these guys, too. So they need to quit complaining for them capitalizing on opportunity.

Did you see that Sam got a JAM at MO River.

Buzz
10-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Did you see that Sam got a JAM at MO River.

No I missed it. If I'd have noticed you'd have gotten a congrats from me. He's very young and apparently on the right track!

Good luck at Topeka. I see Raven drew 3rd. I think we've drawn the top 3 in running order about 50% of the time. I can't figure that out. The gods must be angry with me for some reason... Steve told me that she is just a cog off right now.

menmon
10-07-2010, 12:08 PM
No I missed it. If I'd have noticed you'd have gotten a congrats from me. He's very young and apparently on the right track!

Good luck at Topeka. I see Raven drew 3rd. I think we've drawn the top 3 in running order about 50% of the time. I can't figure that out. The gods must be angry with me for some reason... Steve told me that she is just a cog off right now.

Thanks he is having good successes now. I think by the end of the winter trip he will be looking pretty good.

Sam runs towards the end again. Running early can be good too.
Last week I got a text saying the wind was blowing in their face. So appearently a cold front blew through after the test started.

See the difference from the open and the minor stakes is that the first series in most cases can be the hardest, because they want to eliminate dogs as oppossed to the minor stakes where they will let you run awhile.

Good luck this weekend! Here is my cell number 713 294-9904. I use to have your number, but I can't find it.

road kill
10-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Mike,

And you know this how??
You have a link to prove what you think we think??:D

RK

Buzz
10-07-2010, 12:49 PM
And you know this how??
You have a link to prove what you think we think??:D

RK

I have not seen on righty on this forum complain about the money pouring into the political debate from any of those guys, so I feel it is safe to assume that they approve.

Franco
10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Let me give you some food for thought.

Every pay period most Americans invest 5-15% of their paycheck in the stock market via their 401K plan. Now thnk about this for a minute. There is a finite number of stocks, so if this much new cash is invested in the market every month, stock have to go up. Now the swings you mentioned or caused by institutional investors move around to the different markets, i.e., bond and cash.

Unless you need you money in the near term. Put it in the S&P and for get about it and down the road you will have made real money from your investment. It is just simplke math!

PS I should charge you for that advice.

We are a nation of 300,000,000 people and less than 30,000,000 participate in a 401k.

The largest holder of 401k plans in Fidelity. Fidelity offers a wide range of plans including both domestic and foreign stocks in thier mutual fund portfolios. I'd say that the options for stocks is umlimited. Some of thier mutual funds are 100% foreign.

Then, there are those like me that have a little money in a 401k that prefer the Money Market option because we have no trust/faith in the market.

menmon
10-07-2010, 02:18 PM
We are a nation of 300,000,000 people and less than 30,000,000 participate in a 401k.

The largest holder of 401k plans in Fidelity. Fidelity offers a wide range of plans including both domestic and foreign stocks in thier mutual fund portfolios. I'd say that the options for stocks is umlimited. Some of thier mutual funds are 100% foreign.

Then, there are those like me that have a little money in a 401k that prefer the Money Market option because we have no trust/faith in the market.

It just advice....take it or leave it

depittydawg
10-07-2010, 08:22 PM

While its painful to invest in the Markets, it really is still the best option available. Unless you have a huge income, I doubt you'll ever build a retirement nest egg in a money market account. If your less than 40 put it all in the market and quit looking at your returns until your 50..

If you're really worried take all your money out of the stock market if a Republican gets elected President and put it all back in when a democrat gets elected. Look up the historical numbers.

road kill
10-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I have not seen on righty on this forum complain about the money pouring into the political debate from any of those guys, so I feel it is safe to assume that they approve.

Yeah, that always works.

RK