PDA

View Full Version : Sad, Sad, Sad

badbullgator
10-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Ok so what do you do when both candidates for Governor of your state just absolutely turn your stomach. I have been faces with voting for the lesser of the two evils before (McCain vs obongo), but in those cases it was never that I absolutely hated the one that I voted for, they were just not what I would call the “best” available. The Florida Governor race has Alex Sink (D) and Rick Scott (R). Both are as crooked as a pigs tail. Both were corporate frauds, Sink as BOA president and Scoot as Columbia Healthcare CEO. Both should be in jail. Sink has squandered the states money in her current elected position and scares the crap out of me as far as running the state. She has constianlty given her former company sweetheart deals with the state and is only interested in her own interest and the interest of those who support her. Scott is the biggest crook to ever run. He still cannot come clean about his companies medicare fraud and his involvement in it. He has been less than honest about the whole thing, taking the fifth numerous times in court and depositions. BOTH SUCK REALLY, REALLY BAD. I do not want either one running my state. This race is exactly what is wrong with our political system today. These candidates are what you would expect to see in a corrupt third world country and we should be embarrassed that this is the best we (Florida) can do for Governor of our state. God help us.
My vote will go reluctantly to Scott because he has one thing, and only one thing, that is in his favor and that is he is rated A by the NRA. My only fear is that he will end up in prison before he leaves office.

helencalif
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
And in California we have old Gov. Moonbeam leading the governor's race. He wasn't a good governor the first time around. Of course, the younger votes don't remember his first term. They weren't born yet.

Somehow Jerry Brown was elected Attorney General when he was not a licensed lawyer.

Go figure.

Roger Perry
10-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I asked the same question on a different thread"

We have a bit of a dilema here in Florida on which crook to vote for in the race for Governor. Has somewhat to do with Medicare.

On the Republican side is Rick Scott
One questioned Scott's decision to plead the Fifth Amendment 75 times in a lawsuit involving one of his companies.

After months of being tarred for mammoth fraud at the hospital company he founded, Republican gubernatorial nominee Rick Scott is launching his own hard-hitting ad, accusing Democrat Alex Sink of bilking investors as the Florida president of NationsBank in the 1990s.
Scott has said repeatedly he "takes responsibility" for the billions of dollars in illegal Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements Columbia/HCA collected under his watch. Scott was forced out of the company in the late 1990s after the U.S. Justice Department announced its Medicare fraud investigation.

And on the Democratic side Alex Sink

One claims that as president of NationsBank Florida she was responsible for questionable sales practices conducted by a separate securities company that reported to NationsBank Corp.
The other ad echoes one from Scott's Republican allies that singles out Sink for blame over state pension fund losses — she, along with Gov. Charlie Crist and Attorney General Bill McCollum, was one of three members of the board administering the trust fund.

badbullgator
10-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Roger you can just write me in

dixidawg
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I asked the same question on a different thread"

We have a bit of a dilema here in Florida on which crook to vote for in the race for Governor. Has somewhat to do with Medicare.

On the Republican side is Rick Scott
One questioned Scott's decision to plead the Fifth Amendment 75 times in a lawsuit involving one of his companies.

After months of being tarred for mammoth fraud at the hospital company he founded, Republican gubernatorial nominee Rick Scott is launching his own hard-hitting ad, accusing Democrat Alex Sink of bilking investors as the Florida president of NationsBank in the 1990s.
Scott has said repeatedly he "takes responsibility" for the billions of dollars in illegal Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements Columbia/HCA collected under his watch. Scott was forced out of the company in the late 1990s after the U.S. Justice Department announced its Medicare fraud investigation.

And on the Democratic side Alex Sink

One claims that as president of NationsBank Florida she was responsible for questionable sales practices conducted by a separate securities company that reported to NationsBank Corp.
The other ad echoes one from Scott's Republican allies that singles out Sink for blame over state pension fund losses — she, along with Gov. Charlie Crist and Attorney General Bill McCollum, was one of three members of the board administering the trust fund.

They make ole GWB look good. You can always write him in.....

Roger Perry
10-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Roger you can just write me in

Is there an Independent running?

badbullgator
10-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Not that I know of.....

Tsangster
10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Ok so what do you do when both candidates for Governor of your state just absolutely turn your stomach.

If you get it figured out let your neighbors to the north know.

depittydawg
10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
My vote will go reluctantly to Scott because he has one thing, and only one thing, that is in his favor and that is he is rated A by the NRA. My only fear is that he will end up in prison before he leaves office. [/QUOTE]

Well then be careful who you vote for Lt Governor... It could be worse. In my state we get to choose from an ex NBA player who is pretty much clueless, and an Ex governor. On second thought, it sounds like your state is worse off. I doubt either of our candidates will end up in prison.

depittydawg
10-07-2010, 07:02 PM
And in California we have old Gov. Moonbeam leading the governor's race. He wasn't a good governor the first time around. Of course, the younger votes don't remember his first term. They weren't born yet.

Somehow Jerry Brown was elected Attorney General when he was not a licensed lawyer.

Go figure.

Isn't your other choice the CEO who exported all the HP jobs out of the country and then got fired? Fiornia? Yeah, that's a pretty bad choice. Moonbeam or The Hatchet lady. No winners there.

Hew
10-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Another equally-screwed up campaign in FL is for a US Senate seat. All three candidates are of questionable moral character. Here's the most weasel-like of the bunch doing absolutely nothing to dispell years of rumors that he's a little light in his loafers (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirSqpYpvrE

Nor_Cal_Angler
10-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Isn't your other choice the CEO who exported all the HP jobs out of the country and then got fired? Fiornia? Yeah, that's a pretty bad choice. Moonbeam or The Hatchet lady. No winners there.

Depitty....

The topic, is GOVENORS.....OUR choices are Moonbeam and Meg Whittmen....Carli Fiorina is running against Mrs. I would like to wrap her in a BOXER and ship her away (Barbara Boxer) for one of the SENATE seats....

Stick to your own states screw-ups, lord knows we already have enough liberal wack jobs messing things up for us down here!!!!!!!!

NCA

Ps. sorry but cheap shots at my state, while desirved do need to at a minimun have the correct players identified.

helencalif
10-08-2010, 10:37 AM

No, it's Meg Whitman (former CEO of Ebay) and Jerry Brown who are running for governor in California.

About the only thing I can remember about ex Gov. Moonbeam was that he was made famous for drinking malathion to prove it was OK. Helicoptors went out and sprayed cities and suburban areas at night. I guess they couldn't recognize orchards from the air.

Without any notice, the coptors sprayed Redwood City where we lived. The malathion ruined thousands of cars (the paint bubbled). The state was supposed to pay a lot of damage claims. I don't know that they ever did. Our son's car got ruined. We had to make a claim with our insurance company. Whether the state ever reimbursed our insurance company, I don't know.

This was about 30 years ago. Now we have Gov Moonbeam trying to make a comback. I don't think he has had a real job in his life. Always a politician. Formerly a major of Oakland then moved on to attorney general without being a licensed attorney. Now he is making this run to be governor again.

He may get the young vote as they don't remember what kind of governor he was the first time. Old Timers like me, we remember Gov Moonbeam.

Helen

helencalif
10-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Yes, Carli Fiorina (former CEO for HP) is running against Barbara Boxer for the senate.

Remember some years ago when the U.S. senate had a scandal about senators writing checks on their senatorial account for personal purchases and exceeding their accounts.

I remember that Boxer led the way with more than 800 bounced checks.

Yes, you read it right -- it was over 800 bad checks.

28 years of Barbara Boxer. It has got to end.

Helen