PDA

View Full Version : yo yardley....

david gibson
10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
since you seem to be from the psychedelic age before me - ever heard of this guy?? (be honest)

http://www.wavygravy.net/photos/justwavycopy.jpg

road kill
10-09-2010, 04:50 AM
I think Mr. Yardley actually is "Wavy Gravy!!";-)
http://www.wavygravy.net/

He and I may be the oly 2 that know who he is.

RK

YardleyLabs
10-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Sorry guys. The extent of my knowledge of "Wavy Gravy" is from looking at the web site linked by RK. Never heard of him, maybe because I didn't live in the country during the 60's, and was too busy supporting myself and my family during the 70's.

biggeorge50
10-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Wavy Gravy certainly marches to the beat of a different drum, but that's not necessarily bad. Wasn't he one of the guys from The Hog Farm that busted his butt feeding kids at Woodstock?

david gibson
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Wavy Gravy certainly marches to the beat of a different drum, but that's not necessarily bad. Wasn't he one of the guys from The Hog Farm that busted his butt feeding kids at Woodstock?
'

yup, that was him. along with my late oldest sister who was also an original hog farmer and was there at his side serving food.

"what we have in mind is breakfast in bed for 400,000"

dnf777
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=david gibson;687803]since you seem to be from the psychedelic age before me - ever heard of this guy?? (be honest)

Is that a self-portrait? Never heard of groovy woovy or who ever. Not my crowd.

david gibson
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=david gibson;687803]since you seem to be from the psychedelic age before me - ever heard of this guy?? (be honest)

Is that a self-portrait? Never heard of groovy woovy or who ever. Not my crowd.

you may want to tone that down until you know the man. as a child, he lived near albert einstein in princeton and took neighborhood walks with him as albert had a fondness for the vivacious kid. he is a quintessential hippie, but with a huge heart. he developed a tye-dye clown persona thinking he was safer delivering his message of peace and love and all that, and in the long run segued into developing some impressive accomplishments with world poverty as it affects children. here is one effort he founded:

http://www.seva.org/site/PageServer

so, he is not such a bad guy afterall.

hey - you gotta be SOMEBODY if ben and jerry's names a flavor after you, right?

still wanna make fun og him?

dnf777
10-10-2010, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;688351]

you may want to tone that down until you know the man. as a child, he lived near albert einstein in princeton and took neighborhood walks with him as albert had a fondness for the vivacious kid. he is a quintessential hippie, but with a huge heart. he developed a tye-dye clown persona thinking he was safer delivering his message of peace and love and all that, and in the long run segued into developing some impressive accomplishments with world poverty as it affects children. here is one effort he founded:

http://www.seva.org/site/PageServer

so, he is not such a bad guy afterall.

hey - you gotta be SOMEBODY if ben and jerry's names a flavor after you, right?

still wanna make fun og him?

Who's making fun? I've never heard of the guy. Too nice outside to google all day.
I just did check out his website, and found a link to these shirts.......you're right....he's not such a bad guy afterall!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/14545931v3_350x350_Front_Color-BlueWhite.jpg

david gibson
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=david gibson;688359]

Who's making fun? I've never heard of the guy. Too nice outside to google all day.
I just did check out his website, and found a link to these shirts.......you're right....he's not such a bad guy afterall!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/14545931v3_350x350_Front_Color-BlueWhite.jpg

whooooped-t- do. i didnt agree with my late sisters politics either, but i respected them.

only you would be so classless as to push this issue.

dnf777
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;688363]

whooooped-t- do. i didnt agree with my late sisters politics either, but i respected them.

only you would be so classless as to push this issue.

LMAO.....

Being called "classless" by the one and only.......I feel privileged!

I post a funny t-shirt being "pushed" by your man, and I get accused of "pushing an issue"??

Too much, Dave...too much! :rolleyes:

ps....he does look just like your picture though....you sure that's not you?

david gibson
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=david gibson;688378]

LMAO.....

Being called "classless" by the one and only.......I feel privileged!

I post a funny t-shirt being "pushed" by your man, and I get accused of "pushing an issue"??

Too much, Dave...too much! :rolleyes:

ps....he does look just like your picture though....you sure that's not you?

see - there you go again. i try to post a serious tribute to the man and you have to make fun that he uses a clown facade to promote his humanitarian work.

tanks dave, for attacking where no attacking is due. have you any ounce of class?
stupid question, eh? of course you dont.

dnf777
10-10-2010, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;688381]

see - there you go again. i try to post a serious tribute to the man and you have to make fun that he uses a clown facade to promote his humanitarian work.

tanks dave, for attacking where no attacking is due. have you any ounce of class?
stupid question, eh? of course you dont.

Sorry, no attack meant. I didn't realize comparing someone to you was such an insult.

My apology to wavy gravy. (you two do look alike though)

road kill
10-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Yardly, no dis respect meant about Wavy Gravy.
Just kind of a famous old dude from the 60's, your generation (and mine:rolleyes:).

dnf, best I could tell, this wasn't about you, at least in the beginning.

I know, I know, what a surprise!!:shock:
RK

YardleyLabs
10-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Just kind of a famous old dude from the 60's, your generation (and mine:rolleyes:).

RK
I actually looked him up based on the first post and he seemed to be a guy I would have enjoyed knowing, particularly since we both lived in Princeton. But I missed out on Woodstock and seemed to have missed out on him as well. No offense was taken.

dnf777
10-11-2010, 01:58 PM

RK

I just asked Gibson if it was a self-portrait, based upon another picture he posted of himself. They looked very similar, saving for the outfit.

Wasn't about you either, at least until you jumped in. We can both play that card.

road kill
10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I just asked Gibson if it was a self-portrait, based upon another picture he posted of himself. They looked very similar, saving for the outfit.

Wasn't about you either, at least until you jumped in. We can both play that card.
True, true, but as usual I played it first and you copied me!

I'm flattered!

RK

dnf777
10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
True, true, but as usual I played it first and you copied me!

I'm flattered!

RK

You're easily flattered. Glad I made your day. ;)