PDA

View Full Version : Yardley, Puppy watch update please

luvmylabs23139
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Just wondering if you have a puppy yet. Hope everything is ok.
Please give us an update.

YardleyLabs
10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Not yet. I scheduled a c-section for tomorrow morning and should know the outcome then. Her temperature has dropped, but no signs of labor otherwise and still eating full meals. She is sitting next to me now with her chin on my are. Thanks for asking.

Becky Mills
10-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Jeff,
Hope the C section happens without a hitch, Mom and pup thrive and the baby is the puppy of your dreams.
Take Care,
Becky

luvmylabs23139
10-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the update. Glad Mom is doing well. Keep us posted.

Marvin S
10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Not to be Rude - but I am on POTUS PLACE so I don't have to wade through puppy threads & the social stuff that is posted on the main forum. I don't care if Yardley has puppies, his unsubstantiated liberal BS is enough garbage without this addition :o.

How about deleting this thread in it's entirety?

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Cripes Marvin! you could tell from the title what the thread was about, why did you open it?

lesa c

dnf777
10-11-2010, 01:39 PM
"Not to be rude, but"....... followed by one of the rudest comments made on POTUS to a guy who didn't even solicit or start this thread. Just another polite poster who put bs aside to ask about some pups......

Marvin, how 'bout deleting your entire attitude?

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 02:21 PM
How about deleting this thread in it's entirety?

how about you go dock jumping without a dog;-)
and it is puppy (1) not puppies.
and the great thing about potus is it is like a cage match.
We can pound the snot out of each other until somebody taps.
Then extend a hand and help um off the mat.
Jeff spends more time here than on the main fourm.
That was not a nice thing to type Marvin S

Juli H
10-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Cripes Marvin! you could tell from the title what the thread was about, why did you open it?

lesa c

so he could stir the pot, most likely!:confused:

I don't come onto POTUS place very often, but when I saw the title about the puppy delivery update, I wanted to open it so I could see some puppy pictures! Or at the very least get an update on how everything was going...

Instead I got Marvin S.....hmph

Juli

YardleyLabs
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm repeating my post from the main forum, Marvin, so you can decide to avoid it in both places.:D

Momma and puppy are home and I will post pictures soon. I just got home with my girl Misty and my newest chocolate girl tentatively named Yardley Labs Volare da Sola (Sola) which is Italian for "flies on her own". I was hoping to get a great chocolate female from this litter, and it looks like daddy Drake and mommy Misty may have pulled it off and this baby has already found her permanent home.

At this point, Sola is long, wiry and feisty. Mom doesn't have much milk in yet, but they are both working at it as I type. In the end, the pup could certainly have been born naturally. She weighs in at 22 ounces now and should add weight quickly. I'm glad we did the c-section, because the potential for problems was too great and Misty was showing almost no signs of normal labor. Thank you all for your good wises here (and Marvin for your "warm" thoughts), by email and PM. I will post pictures soon.

To think, I could have bought one of the FC AFC Drake x FC AFC Jinx puppies for less than this little thing just cost.:D

luvmylabs23139
10-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm glad both Mom and baby are doing well. Looking forward to the puppy pics!

biggeorge50
10-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Well Jeff, I don't agree with your political views, but at least you have well thought out, coherent comments and answers. Our dogs are what bring us all together here, and it would be very lowdown to not be concerned with the welfare of our dogs and each other too. I wish you the best of luck with mom and the pup, and best of luck to you as well. We can all agree to disagree again when the worrying about the dogs' welfare is over.

YardleyLabs
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm glad both Mom and baby are doing well. Looking forward to the puppy pics!

http://yardleylabs.com/mistyxdrake-2010/0524_0045499-sola.jpg

http://yardleylabs.com/mistyxdrake-2010/0524_0045498-sola.jpg

http://yardleylabs.com/mistyxdrake-2010/0524_0045491.jpg

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 09:10 PM
awwww.....
It's a widdle choco chunklett :)
so cool, like a dark brown chessie it is!

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Well Jeff, I don't agree with your political views, but at least you have well thought out, coherent comments and answers. Our dogs are what bring us all together here, and it would be very lowdown to not be concerned with the welfare of our dogs and each other too. I wish you the best of luck with mom and the pup, and best of luck to you as well. We can all agree to disagree again when the worrying about the dogs' welfare is over.

NAILED IT, JUST ____ING NAILED IT:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Julie R.
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
That pup is just perfect, so chocolatey and sweet! Jeff, very glad to hear everything went well. You always worry with a c-section, it's pretty major surgery. I have nine 8 day old Peake pups, if she needs some playmates in a few weeks :cool:

Marvin S
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm repeating my post from the main forum, Marvin, so you can decide to avoid it in both places.:D

I wish the puppy well, it will need a lot of luck considering the handicap it is born with ;-).

and the great thing about potus is it is like a cage match. Jeff spends more time here than on the main fourm.
That was not a nice thing to type Marvin S

This was a subject for the main forum, but you guys have OK'd it being here. I will think of an appropriate political post for the main forum in due time. Probably about 22 days from now :-P.

As for Jeff spending a lot of time on this forum, just what does he have to contribute (not that his contribution here is that great) on the main forum? There are some big dogs laying on that porch & you may figure the rest out for yourself :cool:.

As for it not being nice, I fall in the being brutally honest crowd, saves a lot of time remembering what you last said. But Thank You anyway, Ken :).

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I fall in the being brutally honest crowd, saves a lot of time remembering what you last said. But Thank You anyway, Ken :).

see common ground already. I roll the same, and never type anything I would not say face to face.:cool:

luvmylabs23139
10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Aww, she is adorable.

Hoosier
10-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Glad everything went well for mother and pup. It's nice that the pup gets to stay with mom, congrats.

Terri
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Glad your chocolate dream girl so doing well.

Terri

JDogger
10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Hey marvin,

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/jerkstore1.jpg

do ya get it?

JD

K.Bullock
10-12-2010, 09:47 PM
LOL! I haven't checked this forum in quite some time. Nicest subject for a thread in a while. Glad to see your pup and momma are doing well Jeff.

Marvin S
10-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey marvin,

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/jerkstore1.jpg

do ya get it?

JD

Not a watcher of this particular brand of TV - though I do know who this guy is.

About two years ago this was my status among the locals - not that I minded as few peoples opinions are of import to myself. But it seems I was right in my stand though by myself, can't wait to attend a few FT's in the Spring, maybe some of those folks can tell me what crow tastes like :p.

Do you understand that little you say means much to me? :o

JDogger
10-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Not a watcher of this particular brand of TV - though I do know who this guy is.

About two years ago this was my status among the locals - not that I minded as few peoples opinions are of import to myself. But it seems I was right in my stand though by myself, can't wait to attend a few FT's in the Spring, maybe some of those folks can tell me what crow tastes like :p.

:o

Wash. Biol. Surv.

Only you Marv, only you.:p

Blackstone
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Jeff,

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I'm glad to see you have a new pup, and it's doing well.

Phillip

Ken Bora
10-18-2010, 05:42 PM
.....well.....
how bout some fresh photos??????
what is the news?
will you be able to let her play with other
pups so she can learn how to be a puppy??
and Mom?
comeoneman! :)
Marvin has not bitched for a few days now!!

YardleyLabs
10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Sometimes, when you focus too much on what you hoped would happen, you can fail to appreciate what actually did. Sola may well turn out to be one of those little miracles to remind us that the things we didn't anticipate can be pretty darn good. As of this morning, day 7 of her life, she weighed in at 2 3/4 pounds, or 44 ounces. That compares with a maximum weight of 30-31 ounces for the largest 7 day old Lab puppies that I have ever had (out of ~ 80). However, she is not fat, just precocious. She is already beginning to lift her body up in the first signs of walking, and she is hard to hold when you pick her up. Early neurological stimulation is pretty much out the door except as something I do to exercise myself. Sola is quite stimulated enough.:D:D

http://yardleylabs.com/mistyxdrake-2010/0524_0045514-Sola-7day.jpg

Still a little early to see signs of Mon and Dad:

http://yardleylabs.com/MistyxDrake-2010/0486_0021504-Henninger-50a.jpg

http://yardleylabs.com/misty/0384_0017-misty.jpg

Joe S.
10-19-2010, 07:59 AM
As for it not being nice, I fall in the being brutally honest crowd, saves a lot of time remembering what you last said. But Thank You anyway, Ken :).

Honesty without sensitivity is brutality.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.

Marvin S
10-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Marvin has not bitched for a few days now!!

Ken, have spent the last few days on the farm - sunup to sundown - like you, he works hard - only it's harvest time 365 days of the year!

But in 15 more days I will be posting a POTUS PLACE item on the main forum & will expect all of you who were so critical to support my right to do same :eek:.

Honesty without sensitivity is brutality.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.

Agree!

Got an email while gone to the farm from someone who formerly worked in our group

Over the last couple of years, it seems your name always comes up when we talk about working for XXXXXX (not always in the most flattering of terms, but it does come up). No matter how you slice it, you did make an impression on both of us that has lasted over the past thirty + years. I have to admit that in my career I have occasionally felt it necessary to deflate a rookie Engineer's ego for taking too much credit for good work that largely came to him from others. At such times, I would issue a "Sundstrom-esqe snort of" - Good Ore makes Good Operators". Since none of these guys had a clue as to what I was talking about, the required explanation was a good way of getting the point across.

With it was an attachment:

For no particular reason I can remember that you once looked at something I had done & said "This is very good". That might be the first, & last, time anyone said that to me.........

The 1st quote is from someone whom I constantly discussed the skills of communication with - :)

The 2nd is from a young man whom I counseled to move somewhere where he would be appreciated. I do not give out praise lightly & everyone recognized that.

So there are times when not saying something that requires saying is also wrong. As you can see from the comments made by these, at the time, young men starting their Engineering careers that required something be said.

The reason they can say "not in the most flattering of terms" is they now recognize I did not care what they thought, I was interested in molding them into productive adults. Which happened :cool:.

So when JD makes his attempt at disparaging remarks , it becomes water off a duck's back.

Glad to see you taking the time to post - your side of the fence could use the talent upgrade :). Have a nice day!

Ken Bora
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
But in 15 more days I will be posting a POTUS PLACE item on the main forum & will expect all of you who were so critical to support my right to do same :eek:.

!

don't you worry they all will hate you on the main forum for doing that?

dnf777
10-19-2010, 02:55 PM
But in 15 more days I will be posting a POTUS PLACE item on the main forum & will expect all of you who were so critical to support my right to do same

Not sure what that will accomplish, other than raise the ire of our janitor who puts us with enough crap on POTUS as it is.