PDA

View Full Version : Wheres Bush?

Roger Perry
10-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I see Clinton out campaigning for some of the Democrats in the upcomming mid-term elections, where is Bush 43?

No place for Bush in midterm elections?

Former President Bill Clinton is busy on the campaign trail, helping candidates in races from Florida to Washington state. His successor, George W. Bush? Holed up in Texas.

Republicans, who paid electoral costs in 2006 and 2008 for Bush’s unpopularity, are hardly clamoring for the 43rd president to join them on the campaign trail. After all, an Associated Press-GfK poll last month found 55 percent of all Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Bush and 51 percent blame him for the economic crisis that began on his watch.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/33425

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 01:51 PM
His successor, George W. Bush? Holed up in Texas.

are you saying he is not still President?
jeepers, GITMO still open, wars still waring, BinLadin still speaking,
Bush's falt for something in the news every day........
You sure he is not still there? if not, did we get anyone to replace him?
are we at least interviewing anyone for the job?:rolleyes:

a line from a song comes to mind.
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

dnf777
10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
I see Clinton out campaigning for some of the Democrats in the upcomming mid-term elections, where is Bush 43?

Bush, being the brains of the operation, is likely holed up in his think-tank lair, quietly masterminding the strategies for the upcoming elections. Things like Paladino's exclusionary anti-gay rhetoric in a state with one of the largest GLBT voting blocks outside of California. Its brilliant, I tell ya!

Roger Perry
10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
are you saying he is not still President?
jeepers, GITMO still open, wars still waring, BinLadin still speaking,
Bush's falt for something in the news every day........
You sure he is not still there? if not, did we get anyone to replace him?
are we at least interviewing anyone for the job?:rolleyes:

a line from a song comes to mind.
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Nah, just wondering why he is not out stumping for fellow Republicans.

dnf777
10-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Maybe the dems in some of those troubled districts should take up a collection and pay W's travel and speaker's fees? :D

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I kinda sorta think it is a bit honorable, even “Presidential” if you will. That, after being blamed for something with every waking breath by Mr. Obama that he has not stooped to responding. I think if he were to go out on “the trail” he would have to make point by point corrections to so many of Mr. Obama’s accusations that it would weaken him (Mr. Obama) as a President and by default weaken us as a nation and obviously President Bush is too much of a patriot for that. I feel that must be it.

M&K's Retrievers
10-11-2010, 02:54 PM
If I were he after all the crap he has taken, I'd tell them all to butt up a rope.

subroc
10-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I expect he doesn't need to stump. The republican party will take control of the house without him. It is likely the republicans will end up with 49/50/51 seats in the senate. All these gains and former President George W. Bush wasn't needed on the stump.

All the action on the left with former president stumping and all that is happening is the democrats are loosing seats.

Maybe it isn't the stump? I expect the democrats will lose all those seats because their ideas are radical ansd do not represent what the people of the United States want.

starjack
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM

He is not in politics anymore . He enjoying retirement. Do you miss him that much that you want him back. I just wish that person we have in the white house would retire or just go away fast.

Goose
10-11-2010, 04:00 PM

No place for Bush in midterm elections?

Former President Bill Clinton is busy on the campaign trail, helping candidates in races from Florida to Washington state. His successor, George W. Bush? Holed up in Texas.

Republicans, who paid electoral costs in 2006 and 2008 for Bush’s unpopularity, are hardly clamoring for the 43rd president to join them on the campaign trail. After all, an Associated Press-GfK poll last month found 55 percent of all Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Bush and 51 percent blame him for the economic crisis that began on his watch.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/33425

Are you kidding me? The Republicans don't need Shrub to campaign for them. November's going to be a blood bath for the democrats so why drag him out? And what about Obama? Nobody in Barack's own party wants his sorry ass campaigning in their state. He's the kiss of death. Down here Bill White doesn't want anybody to know he's a democrat because he doesn't want to be associated with the leftist Obama.

As far as Billy Clinton goes he loves the campaign trail because it allows him time away from Hillary where he can find the hot chicks to lay without getting caught.

We live in Cuba now.

road kill
10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe the dems in some of those troubled districts should take up a collection and pay W's travel and speaker's fees? :D

No, they should stay with what's working, you know, touting Obama's exemplary record and all.

I think that will get them what they got comin' just fine.

Don't you??:D

RK

depittydawg
10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
I expect he doesn't need to stump. The republican party will take control of the house without him. It is likely the republicans will end up with 49/50/51 seats in the senate. All these gains and former President George W. Bush wasn't needed on the stump.

All the action on the left with former president stumping and all that is happening is the democrats are loosing seats.

Maybe it isn't the stump? I expect the democrats will lose all those seats because their ideas are radical ansd do not represent what the people of the United States want.

Who's Radical? Have you seen the line up of loonies the GOP is running around the country? Lets see. We've got a witch, a Nazi, several criminals, people who want to end Social Security, end Public Education, end Public Police and Fire, end taxes. They want to stop production and research of green energy and just drill baby drill.
Personally I'd love an alternative to the lying incompetent dems, but come on, who in their right mind could support what the GOP is offering up here? Over the Last 4 years the country dumped the GOP like a sizzling potato because their policies wrecked the country. Now they offer us the same tired old ideas on steroids... Amazing.
Despite the continued hype from the Corporate Press, I don't think the Repub's will do near as well as they could have if they'd have come up with decent candidates. The truth is, neither of these disgusting political machines offer any support or hope for the average middle class US citizen.

depittydawg
10-12-2010, 12:19 AM
We live in Cuba now.

Care to explain? Cuba? Examples please.

subroc
10-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Who's Radical?

obama, pelosi, and reed

M&K's Retrievers
10-12-2010, 08:27 AM
obama, pelosi, and reed

That went right over his head.

WaterDogRem
10-12-2010, 10:01 AM
By 47 to 45 percent, Americans say Obama is a better president than George W. Bush. But that two point margin is down from a 23 point advantage one year ago.

"Democrats may want to think twice about bringing up former President George W. Bush's name while campaigning this year," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

interesting coming from CNN

WaterDogRem
10-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Who's Radical? Have you seen the line up of loonies the GOP is running around the country? Lets see. We've got a witch, a Nazi, several criminals, people who want to end Social Security, end Public Education, end Public Police and Fire, end taxes. They want to stop production and research of green energy and just drill baby drill.
Personally I'd love an alternative to the lying incompetent dems, but come on, who in their right mind could support what the GOP is offering up here? Over the Last 4 years the country dumped the GOP like a sizzling potato because their policies wrecked the country. Now they offer us the same tired old ideas on steroids... Amazing.
Despite the continued hype from the Corporate Press, I don't think the Repub's will do near as well as they could have if they'd have come up with decent candidates. The truth is, neither of these disgusting political machines offer any support or hope for the average middle class US citizen.

Been watching MSNBC a little too much???

depittydawg
10-12-2010, 10:07 PM
That went right over his head.

Time for you to articulate just how the idea's of the current round of Republican misfit candidates differs from the same old ideas that have failed time and again over the last 25 years. I'm waiting. Your time for one liners is over my fine feather-brained lackey.

Blackstone
10-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I think it is the nature of most politicians to come down on whichever side they feel is most likely to get them elected or re-elected. You now see Democrats that once supported Obama and his agenda avoiding him because they think his waning popularity will hurt their re-election chances. You saw the same thing with Republicans avoiding Bush prior to the last election. He wasn’t even at the Republican Natl. Convention. He supplied a brief video that was played at the beginning, and you never saw him or heard his name mentioned during the remainder of the convention. It just goes to show that most politicians really don’t stand for anything.

depittydawg
10-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Been watching MSNBC a little too much???

MSNBC? No, don't subscribe to the cable. Waste of time and money.

Ken Bora
10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- The publisher of former President George W. Bush's book "Decision Points" on Sunday set a Nov. 9 release date, unveiled its cover design and announced new details about it.
Bush has said he is not writing a traditional memoir but an account of key decisions in his life. The cover features a photo of then-President Bush alone with his thoughts, standing in the Rose Garden Colonnade, wearing a dark suit and holding a briefing book, his head turned slightly from the camera.
According to Crown Publishers, "Decision Points" will offer "gripping, never-before-heard detail" on such historic events as the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the 2000 presidential election along with Bush's decision to quit drinking, his relationship with his family and other personal details.
"Since leaving the Oval Office, President Bush has given virtually no interviews or public speeches about his presidency," Crown said in a statement. "Instead, he has spent almost every day writing 'Decision Points,' a strikingly personal and candid account revealing how and why he made the defining decisions in his consequential presidency and personal life."

Ken Bora
10-17-2010, 01:18 PM
.......Have you seen the line up of loonies the GOP is running around the country? Lets see. We've got a witch,..........
Now, while we all know the candidate you are speaking of is not a witch. Having purchased a television add proclaiming with the lead sentence “I am not a witch!”,:cool: that girl needs better staff!
but hypothetically.
What is wrong with a witch? For real?

M&K's Retrievers
10-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Now, while we all know the candidate you are speaking of is not a witch. Having purchased a television add proclaiming with the lead sentence “I am not a witch!”,:cool: that girl needs better staff!
but hypothetically.
What is wrong with a witch? For real?

Nothing, especially if she makes Obama, Reid, Pelosi and their liberal programs disappear.