PDA

View Full Version : This Is Our President?

gman0046
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
This is our president? Is anyone out there awake?

Everyone of voting age should read Obongolo's two books, Dreams of My Father and The Audacity of Hope. Don't buy them, just get them from the library.

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mothers race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father: "I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about her that made me wary, a little too sure of herself, maybe and white."

From Dreams of My Father: "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show loyalty to the black masses, to stick out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never evaluate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my fathers image, the black man, son of africa that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself. The attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

And FINALLY.....
and most scary:
From Audacity and Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

If you have never forwarded an email, now is the time to do so!!!!

We CANNOT have someone with this mentality running our GREAT nation.

I don't care if your a Democrat, a Republican. a Conservative or a Liberal, we CANNOT turn ourselves over to this type of character in a president.

Please help spread the word!

We have really put ourselves in harms way with this monster OBONGOLO.

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 05:41 PM
While I have no interest in reading the books by a one term flash in the pan world leader whom I did not vote for in the first place. The devils advocate in me just has to ask. Have you read both of them? Or was this just an email you received, to forward. And you posted it here. Because it reads like a forwarded email and I do hate those. I could be wrong, could you snap a photo of both books on your bedside reading stand for me?

david gibson
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
i agree, but just watch tardley and little tardley spin this like a cyclone. they and only they are smart enough to know he really didnt mean it, he meant something else, or he has changed - after all, haven't you heard he is a christian now?

road kill
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
While I have no interest in reading the books by a one term flash in the pan world leader whom I did not vote for in the first place. The devils advocate in me just has to ask. Have you read both of them? Or was this just an email you received, to forward. And you posted it here. Because it reads like a forwarded email and I do hate those. I could be wrong, could you snap a photo of both books on your bedside reading stand for me?

Ken,
I actually did read MOST of "Dreams of my Father."
I found it disturbing to say the least.
I also believe much of it to be contrived since his Father left the family when Obama was 2 or 3 years old.
I don't know how much he could remember from that age about his Fathers Dreams.:rolleyes:

But it does lay out President Obama's personality and how he arrived at where he is.

RK

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Thank You RK,
However, just knowing you all from our fun gathering here. You and gman0046 are two very different people.
My Devils advocate question for the G stands. Did you read both books, select the quotes and pose the question yourself? Or is this just another forwarded email sent to the flock?

dnf777
10-11-2010, 06:50 PM
i agree, but just watch tardley and little tardley spin this like a cyclone. they and only they are smart enough to know he really didnt mean it, he meant something else, or he has changed - after all, haven't you heard he is a christian now?

Yet another display of class.

Clay Rogers
10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Thank You RK,
However, just knowing you all from our fun gathering here. You and gman0046 are two very different people.
My Devils advocate question for the G stands. Did you read both books, select the quotes and pose the question yourself? Or is this just another forwarded email sent to the flock?

I suspect the latter, Ken.

M&K's Retrievers
10-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I suspect email since I've already seen it some time ago. Hmmm. Yes is on 101 on Directv.

Ken Bora
10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Yes is on 101 on Directv.

it's Monday night, Football is on.
Yes were posers :rolleyes:

david gibson
10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Yet another display of class.

awwwww, sorry i beat you at your little game. i would imagine it really sucks to open a post and think you can really throw some spin and crap in there only to find yourself staring straight into a mirror - and poor you, now you have nothing to add - obviously. so sad to see you at such a loss for words (other than a direct repeat of what everyone says to you).

my apologies.

depittydawg
10-11-2010, 11:52 PM

Everyone of voting age should read Obongolo's two books, Dreams of My Father and The Audacity of Hope. Don't buy them, just get them from the library.

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mothers race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father: "I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about her that made me wary, a little too sure of herself, maybe and white."

From Dreams of My Father: "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show loyalty to the black masses, to stick out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never evaluate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my fathers image, the black man, son of africa that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself. The attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

And FINALLY.....
and most scary:
From Audacity and Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

I don't care if your a Democrat, a Republican. a Conservative or a Liberal, we CANNOT turn ourselves over to this type of character in a president.

Ho Hum.... Yarn...

troy schwab
10-12-2010, 07:32 AM
I have read both books...... and they are VERY disturbing. And yes, those are actual quotes from the books. Scary shit if you ask me. Have no idea how these excerpts werent made more public during his campaign.

david gibson
10-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post

And FINALLY.....
and most scary:

Ho Hum.... Yarn...

Ho Hum.... Yarn...

and this demonstrates quite clearly how a man attend a church for 20 years led by a "pastor" who is his religious mentor and uncle figure and shouts "GD America" and spouts racist theology - yet its not significant and is "ho hum"

amazing

dnf777
10-12-2010, 08:29 AM
i would imagine it really sucks to open a post and think you can really throw some spin and crap in there only to find yourself staring straight into a mirror -
my apologies.

Much better than looking into a mirror and seeing David Gibson staring back at me!!! I'd bludgeon myself to death with a nerf football if that's all I had available!

Of course, I'm just joking. Have a nice day, all.

M&K's Retrievers
10-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post

And FINALLY.....
and most scary:

Ho Hum.... Yarn...

and this demonstrates quite clearly how a man attend a church for 20 years led by a "pastor" who is his religious mentor and uncle figure and shouts "GD America" and spouts racist theology - yet its not significant and is "ho hum"

amazing

Consider the source.

ducknwork
10-12-2010, 08:31 AM
I have read both books...... and they are VERY disturbing. And yes, those are actual quotes from the books. Scary shit if you ask me. Have no idea how these excerpts werent made more public during his campaign.

They are not actual quotes. Actual quotes would be the same exact words as printed in the book. The wording has been changed in these 'quotes'. At best, they have been taken out of context.
Some don't even come from his books. More misinformation from gman.:rolleyes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

BrianW
10-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Have no idea how these excerpts werent made more public during his campaign.

Ironic how the media can jump all over O'Donnell for "dabbling in withcraft" but says nothing about PBO getting his inspiration for his life's work from sitting at the grave of his father who had died years before, kind of like a seance ?!? :confused: "Ho hum. Yawn"

"When my tears were finally spent, I felt a calmness wash over me. I felt the circle finally close. I realized that who I was, what I cared about, was no longer just a matter of intellect or obligation, no longer a construct of words. I saw that my life in America--the black life, the white life, the sense of abandonment I'd felt as a boy, the frustration and hope I'd witnessed in Chicago--all of it was connected with this small piece of earth an ocean away, connected by more than the accident of a name or the color of my skin. The pain that I felt was my father's pain."
"I sat at my father's grave and spoke to him through Africa's red soil."

So somehow through the earth itself, he channels his father (the man who had abandoned he & his mother at an early age) and receives his father's spirit & mission in life. OOOkay. :rolleyes:

No, there's no bias or double standard in the MSM

dnf777
10-12-2010, 08:52 AM
They are not actual quotes. Some don't even come from his books. More misinformation from gman.:rolleyes:

]

As M&K so aptly said, "Consider the source."

Gerry Clinchy
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Let's start by getting the name of the book right ... "Dreams FROM My Father".

There might be a different connotation between "of" and "from".

The "of" would indicate the dreams of his father ... while "from" would indicate the dreams of his father that he adopted as his own. Now one would want to look closer at what his father's dreams were ... and which of them he might have adopted as his own.

troy schwab
10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
They are not actual quotes. Actual quotes would be the same exact words as printed in the book. The wording has been changed in these 'quotes'. At best, they have been taken out of context.
Some don't even come from his books. More misinformation from gman.:rolleyes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp

I apologize, should have considered the source. Sounded close enough to me. But I can tell you this..... If you read his books, and dont feel concerned at the least...... well, check your pulse. He repeatedly mentions his upbringing and connection with his father, whom he at times condemns himself. His roots really do get exposed in these books, and I would recommend them to anyone.

dnf777
10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I apologize, should have considered the source. Sounded close enough to me. But I can tell you this..... If you read his books, and dont feel concerned at the least...... well, check your pulse. He repeatedly mentions his upbringing and connection with his father, whom he at times condemns himself. His roots really do get exposed in these books, and I would recommend them to anyone.

I have not read his books, nor will I, until his presidential memoirs come out. I usually don't bother with VP memoirs, but I may make an exception with Cheney.

From what I gather from comments here, Obama has been criticized for not living up to his promise to be "transparent". In his books, however, he appears to be very open, honest, and "transparent", if you will....and he get criticized for it! He can't win with this crowd, no matter what he says or does. When he supports legislation that has been supported by republicans, they turn against him, just the same. I am completely convinced that his republican/tea party will sabotage good legislation that we all know will help Americans, if it has the slightest chance of making Obama look good.

Using his book against him is just another example of pulling out all the stops to bring about the failure of the POTUS, and have the republicans regain power.

ducknwork
10-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Using his book against him is just another example of pulling out all the stops to bring about the failure of the POTUS, and have the republicans regain power.

Or there might just be things in them that are worthy of being concerned about to many people. But you wouldn't know because....

I have not read his books, nor will I,

Buzz
10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
From what I gather from comments here, Obama has been criticized for not living up to his promise to be "transparent". In his books, however, he appears to be very open, honest, and "transparent", if you will....and he get criticized for it! He can't win with this crowd, no matter what he says or does. When he supports legislation that has been supported by republicans, they turn against him, just the same. I am completely convinced that his republican/tea party will sabotage good legislation that we all know will help Americans, if it has the slightest chance of making Obama look good.

The tea party is nothing more than the latest incarnation of the John Birch Society.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/10/18/101018fa_fact_wilentz?currentPage=1

dnf777
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Or there might just be things in them that are worthy of being concerned about to many people. But you wouldn't know because....

At least I acknowledge that I havent' read the book, rather than posting erroneus and deceptive quotes as if I had. I suspect those who are concerned with what is said in those books will be more than satisfied with the right wing extremists' interpretation, rather than the real McCoy. (the initiation of this thread speaks to that. fortunately, POTUS has critical thinkers who don't take things at face value) ;)

On my list of books to read, Obama's did not even make the cut.

road kill
10-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I have not read his books, nor will I, until his presidential memoirs come out. I usually don't bother with VP memoirs, but I may make an exception with Cheney.

That's as about a nice a peice of spin as I have ever seen!!:shock:

RK

dnf777
10-12-2010, 03:55 PM
That's as about a nice a peice of spin as I have ever seen!!:shock:

RK

What do you call the original post, that deliberately misquoted his words to stir political opinion? Just curious....

david gibson
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Much better than looking into a mirror and seeing David Gibson staring back at me!!! I'd bludgeon myself to death with a nerf football if that's all I had available!

hmmmmm....this from the guy who calls others out for classless posts. it seems no matter what i post you just attack it for the sake of attacking. your obsession with me rivals that of marc healy a few months back - but he is a sensible man and got over it. you however.......

yeah. that makes it all better dave, and now your post has real class. :rolleyes:

dnf777
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
hmmmmm....this from the guy who calls others out for classless posts. it seems no matter what i post you just attack it for the sake of attacking. your obsession with me rivals that of marc healy a few months back - but he is a sensible man and got over it. you however.......

yeah. that makes it all better dave, and now your post has real class. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH
LMAO!! I hate it when coffee comes out my nose!!!

THANKS DAVE!

david gibson
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAH
LMAO!! I hate it when coffee comes out my nose!!!

THANKS DAVE!

there you go again.....can you ever NOT be a clown????

dnf777
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
there you go again.....can you ever NOT be a clown????

Not when responding to your silly accusations!
Wow, you're pretty up-tight!
Take a pill. Or whatever you do to relax.
Better things to talk about....
Have the last word...

YardleyLabs
10-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I have read The Audacity of Hope, which I enjoyed and was instrumental in my decision to vote for Obama, and I have not read Dreams From My Father. Obviously, Gman's reprint of the email circulated widely during the campaign is a distortion -- a deliberate one. However, what is more interesting is that Obama's book are nothing like the campaign pablum books normally circulated as if they were literature.

Obama's books actually tell us a lot about the development and foundation of the character of a man whose experiences are, in their own way, uniquely American. Parts of the books are disturbing. Not because of the stages Obama went through while growing up. I worry more about those people who grow older without ever questioning the fundamentals of their lives. Those people grown older, but they don't grow up.

Rather, the things he went through reflect, in a microcosm, some of the realities of racial experience and identity in America. As such, the books are innately raw. They are neither white nor black, just like Obama. The amazing thing is that he said these things in a very open and honest manner, and discussed how they affected his view of the world and his character. The American people stunned the world, which had its own distorted notions of race in America, and elected Obama as President.

Beginning before the election, and continuing every day since then, there have been interests and individuals that have tried to define everything about Obama and his policies in racial terms. Those doing this have been both black and white. The problem is that Obama has always been both. He was both growing up and he is both today. I don't agree with a lot of what he has done as President, but I also support much that he has done. Among the best of the things he has done is the way he has approached race in his own life and in America. If we are lucky, some of the positives of that will outlast his presidency and skin color will bcome less and less relevant to anything over time.

david gibson
10-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Not when responding to your silly accusations!
Wow, you're pretty up-tight!
Take a pill. Or whatever you do to relax.
Better things to talk about....
Have the last word...

take a pill??? ummm...i train dogs to relax. i can appreciate that you dont understand what that is. after all you are a doctor - just tell folks to "take a pill" - you get your Rx kickbacks - cool!

ok, i will have the last word - THANK YOU! since your big tardley brother brought up post counts on me once, i'll play that card here. now, dont go saying you are pleased that i spent so much time researching you - i didnt. it took all of a minute and a half. took way longer to type it out.

NOW - in the month of october - the past 12 days - i have about 50 posts, close to evenly split between POTUS and the real RTF.

in the month of october - the past 12 days - YOU have some 90+ posts in RTF, ALL in POTUS. thats like 4 times my number of posts in POTUS over the same period. and pretty much all of them are retorts to others - in other words, pretty much ZERO posts of substance. nothing but attacks. in fact, you have started ZERO threads in all of october and only 7 in september. pretty much all of your posts are attacks in response on others, you have ZERO ability to bring an original thought in to the group, and ZERO of your replies have anything to do with retrievers in RTF. you have ZERO posts where you bring up a legitimate topic of political discussion. ZERO.

and you are a doctor???? a DOCTOR? really? at least i have an excuse, i work from home and have some time here and there. no doctor i know would have the free time you have - or are you just that good????? methinks not. you have over 8 posts per day average over your lifetime, me just 4+ (though i would prefer that be less, its far less that 8+!)

you have a nice looking dog in your avatar - is that all you got? a picture? obviously thats it, you have a very measly existence in RTF with respect to dogs and retriever training. isnt that what this place is all about??

just think - with all the time you spend posting - what if you were actually training??? imagine the possibilities!!!

what a piece of liberal work you are.

oh yeah - thanks again for giving me the last word! perhaps the smartest thing you ever did in your life......

ducknwork
10-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I have read The Audacity of Hope, which I enjoyed and was instrumental in my decision to vote for Obama,

So you actually considered voting for McCain at some point?:)

depittydawg
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Consider the source.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The churlish fly-bitten vassal speaks. You'd do well to consider the source my my fine fobbing fastilarian friend. :)

YardleyLabs
10-13-2010, 02:37 AM
So you actually considered voting for McCain at some point?:)
I considered voting for Hilary in the primaries, but went with Obama instead. I would have considered voting for McCain had he won the nomination against Bush. However, the position switches that McCain made in his effort to win the nomination in 2008 eliminated all respect I had for him before.

M&K's Retrievers
10-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Puppy keeping you up?:p

Buzz
10-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I considered voting for Hilary in the primaries, but went with Obama instead. I would have considered voting for McCain had he won the nomination against Bush. However, the position switches that McCain made in his effort to win the nomination in 2008 eliminated all respect I had for him before.

What you saw was the real McCain. The McCain you thought you knew before was a facade.

YardleyLabs
10-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Puppy keeping you up?:p
Indirectly. Momma decided she needed to go out, so all four of my girls had to go out. Momma decided that there might be predators around so she needed to crawl under the back of the house. I decided that the mud had to come off before she went back in the box. One thing led to another and 3 am became 4:30 before I was back in bed, only to wake up again at 5:30. It seems like he process should be easier with only one pup.:):)

ducknwork
10-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Teach her how to use and flush the toilet.:D