PDA

View Full Version : "shovel ready" jobs and projects

david gibson
10-14-2010, 09:22 AM
pretty much admitting all the stimulus hype was just hype and that it didnt work. this has cracked me up for several days now.....

Democrats passed the “stimulus” package in early 2009 with the idea it would do two things: keep unemployment below 8% and create millions of “shovel-ready” jobs.

Five months later, unemployment leaped to 9.5% and Vice President Joe Biden said it was because the administration “misread the economy.”

Fast forward another 15 months to today and President Obama tells the New York Times “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.” That’s two for two.

Obama first made “shovel-ready” a cool, keeping-it-rustic catchphrase in an interview with Tom Brokaw on “Meet the Press” in December 2008. “When I met with the governors, all of them have projects that are shovel-ready,” he said.

And on that day, a talking point was born.

The President referred to “shovel-ready” jobs whenever he could. In that same month, Obama announce his energy and environment teams and said, “We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created.”

When Obama announced his choice for secretary of Education, also in December of ’08, he said, “My economic team … is helping to shape what is going to be a bold agenda to create 2.5 million new jobs, to start helping states and local governments with shovel-ready projects.”

“Shovel-ready” jobs were so real to Democrats.

In March 2009, Biden spoke about the global economic crisis at the Progressive Governance Conference in Chile. He said, “The Recovery Act … provides a necessary jolt to our economy to implement what we refer [to] as ‘shovel-ready’ projects.”

Three months later, Biden told Californians that the administration wants “to get shovel-ready projects out the door as quickly as we can.”

In January 2009, Senate Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said, “[Creating] projects that are felt to be shovel ready ... is the objective of the administration and ourselves.”

And in February of 2009, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar said, “With wise investments in shovel-ready conservation projects across the country, we can immediately put people back to work.”

Now Obama essentially says the “stimulus” didn’t work. There are no jobs.

And his admission that there are no shovels comes as Democrats are desperately trying to dig themselves out of a hole.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=39407

M&K's Retrievers
10-14-2010, 09:51 AM
To paraphrase an old Beatles song, "Here Comes The Spin".

Raymond Little
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM
David, you know most of his supporters have never owned a shovel or held one in their hands. Stimlas=Union payback, AFL-CIO, TEAMESTERS,SEIU, NEA, et al.

Saved or Created Regards

Ken Bora
10-14-2010, 11:08 AM
did you double thread start David? Just delete the least popular, the thread starter can do that in your thread tools

Actually made me smirk a wee bit when I heard it as well David. Just a wee bit.
First thing that came to my mind was,
“I bet the shovel ready jobs were destroyed by the hidden weapons of mass destruction!”
but that is just how my mind works sometimes.
Like the song line I used last week
“Met the new boss, same as the old boss”

dnf777
10-14-2010, 11:27 AM
David, you know most of his supporters have never owned a shovel or held one in their hands. Stimlas=Union payback, AFL-CIO, TEAMESTERS,SEIU, NEA, et al.

Saved or Created Regards

did you hear what you said?

The unions you mention represent truck drivers, steel workers, coal miners....You don't think these people have held shovels in their hands? Have YOU held a shovel?

Buzz
10-14-2010, 11:51 AM

The unions you mention represent truck drivers, steel workers, coal miners....You don't think these people have held shovels in their hands? Have YOU held a shovel?

I was thinking the same thing. My old man is AFL-CIO, International Association of Firefighters. They never touched a shovel or put in an honest days work... I guess that's why he's a Democrat, keep that gravy train rolling!

http://www.detroitfirefighters.net/New%20Photo%20Page/newpho116.jpg

http://www.detroitfirefighters.net/New%20Photo%20Page/newpho311.jpg

http://www.detroitfirefighters.net/New%20Photo%20Page/newpho317.jpg

http://www.detroitfirefighters.net/New%20Photo%20Page/newpho179.jpg

duckheads
10-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Instead of responding to a response, how about a response to the original post about the shovel ready projects that were ready to go across the counrty. anyone, anyone, independants, Buehler?

road kill
10-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Instead of responding to a response, how about a response to the original post about the shovel ready projects that were ready to go across the counrty. anyone, anyone, independants, Buehler?

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/cricket.jpg

RK:D

Eric Johnson
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Well... I had two projects that were "shovel-ready". One was an upgrade/retrofit of the electrical system and air handlers at a 50 bed hospital for $1.4 million. The other was an upgrade/retrofit of electrical and mechanical systems at a 400 bed hospital for about $11 million. That latter project would have paid for itself in about 7 years because the existing systems are so bad. Neither project was funded. The smaller project would have paid for itself in a longer time-frame, about 18 years.

As far as I can tell, the projects didn't get funded (they had been bid and could have started within 30 days) because of politics...at either the state or national level.

Eric

M&K's Retrievers
10-14-2010, 05:16 PM
The only shovel ready project that's ready to go is the one to shovel the Bull Spit out of Washington.

dnf777
10-14-2010, 07:13 PM

We've had two federal-stimulus funded programs in our town. An elementery school upgrade, and a bridge replaced. Didn't say how many were employed, but it looked to be about 50 at each site.

Hew
10-14-2010, 07:33 PM
We've had two federal-stimulus funded programs in our town. An elementery school upgrade, and a bridge replaced. Didn't say how many were employed, but it looked to be about 50 at each site.
I'd like to read about those if possible. Can you name the bridge and school? Thanks. Being in construction myself, I know how those types of jobs are budgeted, bid and built. Seems like a stretch to think that either of these projects were funded with stimulus money.

depittydawg
10-14-2010, 07:43 PM
“Met the new boss, same as the old boss”[/FONT]

That says it all

road kill
10-14-2010, 08:02 PM
I'd like to read about those if possible. Can you name the bridge and school? Thanks. Being in construction myself, I know how those types of jobs are budgeted, bid and built. Seems like a stretch to think that either of these projects were funded with stimulus money.

Deja Vu, all over again.......:rolleyes:

RK

dnf777
10-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Deja Vu, all over again.......:rolleyes:

http://projects.propublica.org/recovery/locale/pennsylvania/venango
Projects

Stimulus contracts, grants and loans in Venango County, Pa. Data last updated on June 2010.
We have CSV files available for download. Sign up here.

Note: For some programs where states do to note report where money will be distributed across the state, we do not have the allocation for individual counties. Those programs include: Medicaid, unemployment benefits and food stamps. Those amounts are included in the totals for where the state agency receiving that money is located.

Amount refers to both the amount of stimulus funding going toward the project and the face value of the loan.

Recipient Amount Type Description Federal Dept./Agency Date
Pleasantville of Borough Inc $4,105,076 Grant Capitalization Grants for Clean Water State Revolving Funds This grant award provides funding under the American Recovery Reinvestment Act of 2009 to the State of Pennsylvania through the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority ('PENNVEST ) to capitalize its revolving loan fund for the finan... Show more
This spending item is part of a $176,912,530 allocation. See details

Environmental Protection Agency 7/09/2009
TRANSPORTATION, PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF $2,992,748 Grant Highway Planning and Construction Highway Infrastructure Investment Grant: Available for Use in Any Area (flexible) Transportation Department / Federal Highway Administration 6/17/2009
SHAW INDUSTRIES INC. $1,800,000 Loan Business and Industry Loans - ARRA Agriculture Department / Rural Business Cooperative Service 11/17/2009
OIL CITY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT $1,621,930 Grant State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (SFSF) - Education State Grants, Recovery Act Education Fund G�( for the support of public elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education and, as, applicable, early childhood education programs and services.
This spending item is part of a $1,044,394,619 allocation. See details

Education Department / Office of Elementary and Secondary Education 10/28/2009
FRANKLIN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT INC $1,395,676 Grant State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (SFSF) - Education State Grants, Recovery Act Education Fund G�( for the support of public elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education and, as, applicable, early childhood education programs and services.

RK
Projects

Stimulus contracts, grants and loans in Venango County, Pa. Data last updated on June 2010.

Note: For some programs where states do to note report where money will be distributed across the state, we do not have the allocation for individual counties. Those programs include: Medicaid, unemployment benefits and food stamps. Those amounts are included in the totals for where the state agency receiving that money is located.

Amount refers to both the amount of stimulus funding going toward the project and the face value of the loan.

Pleasantville of Borough Inc $4,105,076 Grant Capitalization Grants for Clean Water State Revolving Funds This grant award provides funding under the American Recovery Reinvestment Act of 2009 to the State of Pennsylvania through the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority ('PENNVEST ) to capitalize its revolving loan fund for the finan... Show more

TRANSPORTATION, PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF $2,992,748 Grant Highway Planning and Construction Highway Infrastructure Investment Grant: Available for Use in Any Area (flexible) Transportation Department / Federal Highway Administration 6/17/2009
SHAW INDUSTRIES INC. $1,800,000 Loan Business and Industry Loans - ARRA Agriculture Department / Rural Business Cooperative Service 11/17/2009
OIL CITY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT $1,621,930 Grant State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (SFSF) - Education State Grants, Recovery Act Education Fund G�( for the support of public elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education and, as, applicable, early childhood education programs and services.

FRANKLIN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT INC $1,395,676 Grant State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (SFSF) - Education State Grants, Recovery Act Education Fund G�( for the support of public elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education and, as, applicable, early childhood education programs and services.

Yes, RK, it is deja vu all over again. When faced with facts that don't agree with your agenda, you make character attacks and totally off-subject comments, rather than face the facts. I don't expect anything more from you.

Just this once, try to respond the to subject matter. Please. Then you can go back to being your regular self.

david gibson
10-14-2010, 09:39 PM
dnf its great to see those funds appropriated but......you have only listed totals, you have not told us exactly how many jobs were created per dollar.

dont you think that is a real factor to consider?
$25 million for 65 jobs is a common theme with this stimulus bill - and that just dont cut it with me.

and now even Obama admits it - so really, how can you defend what HE already admits is defeat?

dnf777
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
dnf its great to see those funds appropriated but......you have only listed totals, you have not told us exactly how many jobs were created per dollar.

$25 million for 65 jobs is a common theme with this stimulus bill - and that just dont cut it with me.

and now even Obama admits it - so really, how can you defend what HE already admits is defeat?

that wasn't the question I was answering. Sounds like a nice research project for a guy who works at home on his computer. I have to travel to a satellite clinic tomorrow in Clarion, so knock yourself out. I can't wait to see the results.

Hew asked a legit question, and got an answer. RK just nipped at the heels with a meaningless jab, and will probably sulk away when debunked, as usual.

YardleyLabs

It's actually an almost impossible number to estimate accurately. If a project employs 50 people, spending $2.5 million on salaries and another $22.5 million on supplies and material, how do you count the jobs created by the $22.5 million? All the estimates that talk about the high cost of jobs are treating those expenditures as producing no jobs. That is clearly absurd unless all the materials are imported.

Raymond Little

Have no problem with the rank and file, not their fault they have been coerced into giving their dues to make a living. Stimlas money went to the THUGS at the top that drive Caddy's while the worker bees labor. Isn't it funny how the worker bees pensions are in the shitter while the THUGS pensions are fully funded?????? Very similar to the USSR isn't it BUZZ/DIDNOTFINISH.

SHOVEL READY REGARDS

YardleyLabs
10-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Have no problem with the rank and file, not their fault they have been coerced into giving their dues to make a living. Stimlas money went to the THUGS at the top that drive Caddy's while the worker bees labor. Isn't it funny how the worker bees pensions are in the shitter while the THUGS pensions are fully funded?????? Very similar to the USSR isn't it BUZZ/DIDNOTFINISH.

SHOVEL READY REGARDS
By the thugs at the top, are you referring to the shareholders of the officers of the companies?

dnf777
10-14-2010, 09:51 PM

SHOVEL READY REGARDS

R LittleBoy,
its not funny at all, its very sad. HOW their pensions got raided is a whole 'nother thread. So is how companies play shell games to get out of their obligations to their retirees.

(please don't take offense at the "littleBoy" name, its just tit-for-tat :D)

david gibson
10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
that wasn't the question I was answering. Sounds like a nice research project for a guy who works at home on his computer. I have to travel to a satellite clinic tomorrow in Clarion, so knock yourself out. I can't wait to see the results.

Hew asked a legit question, and got an answer. RK just nipped at the heels with a meaningless jab, and will probably sulk away when debunked, as usual.

there you go again -i asked you one polite question and you avoided it. its clear by your post count that you spend way more time on the computer than me or anyone else - nice try though.

but congrats! finally a "doctor" has enough work to get him out of the house and away from posting! in your world thats a rare feat - i am proud of you!

funny how every doctor i know - be it DVM or MD or DDS, has exactly ZERO time to post online during the day because they have successful practices that require their continual attention. but you, YOU are special! you are an awesome doc and can post twice as prolifically as me!! literally dozens a day - how do you do it? and i am the guy that hangs out on a computer all day??? the last 4 days has seen me travel from east to west coast and back.

yet you have how many dozen posts daily???

all i know is i would not trust my hamster with a "doctor" that spends all day arguing on the internet - and i dont even own a hamster.

just sayin....

dnf777
10-14-2010, 10:35 PM
all i know is i would not trust my hamster with a "doctor" that spends all day arguing on the internet - and i dont even own a hamster.

just sayin....

I'm sure if you did own a hamster, you'd be needing a colorectal surgeon sooner or later! :shock:

Like I've said three times already, I do more before 9am than you do all day. I run a very tight, efficient ship, and when people like you come lolly-gaggin' in late for appointments, it gives me time to entertain myself reading and responding to your posts.

Attack me personally all you want. I look at it as your badge of surrender, when you have nothing meaningful to say. Kind of like when Johnny starts throwing his blocks in nursery school, ya know?

(now that was funny...the hamster thing....I just hope you don't petition to get me banned!--but I couldn't resist a little humor thrown back at you)

Nitey-nite...

david gibson
10-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm sure if you did own a hamster, you'd be needing a colorectal surgeon sooner or later! :shock:

Like I've said three times already, I do more before 9am than you do all day. I run a very tight, efficient ship, and when people like you come lolly-gaggin' in late for appointments, it gives me time to entertain myself reading and responding to your posts.

Attack me personally all you want. I look at it as your badge of surrender, when you have nothing meaningful to say. Kind of like when Johnny starts throwing his blocks in nursery school, ya know?

(now that was funny...the hamster thing....I just hope you don't petition to get me banned!--but I couldn't resist a little humor thrown back at you)

Nitey-nite...

only you would take the hamster thing to that level. i only meant hamster as a low-level pet - you know, less than a dog. way way less, dogs have feelings and communication with us.....i guess i should have used "guppy" instead but knowing you you would still find something to say

but oh yes, you have to make the hamster sexual......no surprise there, fits right in with you - (no pun intended)

dude. you really should cool it. you are a doctor making light of hamsters in a sexual content. sooooo professional....

david gibson
10-14-2010, 11:01 PM

Nitey-nite...

i would never try that - i have already been told in PMs by several people to tread lightly with you and a few others i wont mention because you are "friends" with certain "powers that be" and i would likely be banned very soon.....

makes sense - i was always the outlaw in school that still made good grades, and you fit the bill as the protected teachers pet........

Buzz
10-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Good God man, get a grip!

dnf777
10-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Good God man, get a grip!

Buzz,
Don't worry...I just primed him so I could get a good laugh this morning, and as usual, he didn't disappoint! :D:D:D

Teacher's pet regards....
dave

road kill
10-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Buzz,
Don't worry...I just primed him so I could get a good laugh this morning, and as usual, he didn't disappoint! :D:D:D

Teacher's pet regards....
dave

So....you brag about trolling??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D

RK

road kill
10-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Projects

Yes, RK, it is deja vu all over again. When faced with facts that don't agree with your agenda, you make character attacks and totally off-subject comments, rather than face the facts. I don't expect anything more from you.

Just this once, try to respond the to subject matter. Please. Then you can go back to being your regular self.
You "cut & paste" vague generalities to support your specifics.
Even YOU wouldn't buy this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D

RK

Hew
10-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Projects

That's nice. But you didn't name the school or the bridge (or what city the bridge is in would be helpful) that were renovated/rebuilt with stimulus money. Instead you posted some generic info on stimulus money given to PA school districts for Title 1 and to supplement their general budgets. You also posted generic transportation info on stimulus money given to PA cities to supplement their general budgets (on avg., less than $2 million per city +/-). I assure you that no bridge was replaced for $2 million.

The school rehab and bridge replacement you mentioned earlier were funded by the stimulus to the same extent that the flushing of my morning constitutional was funded by the stimulus since my county (and the waste water treatement facility they run) also received stimulus money to supplement their general budget. The school would have been renovated with our without the stimulus. The bridge would have been replaced with or without the stimulus. And my toilet would have flushed just fine with or without the stimulus.

david gibson
10-15-2010, 07:32 AM
You "cut & paste" vague generalities to support your specifics.
Even YOU wouldn't buy this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D

RK

dont you love a good guffaw at daves expense to start the day?

Chad Baker
10-15-2010, 08:05 AM
I have a shovel ready job in Greeneville TN with all the BO bs paperwork. They were more concerned with how many people they were going to put to work so our great president could keep giving speaches than they were with engineering and buying property. I had to move about 700000 yds of material and lots of pipe extending a runway. I was awarded the job last Sept., were the majority of my fill area is, the airport did not own the property or a major section of the cut area until late august of this year. We have huge claims that are arising because they did not have access to the site when bid. I have heard them say they had to go to bid not ready because they would miss out on the funding if they missed a certain date, in the long run it will cost them much more by the time we are finished. Sometimes or should I say alot of the time on governmental projects I see very little common sense when it comes to planning or how to deal with changes that arise. By the way that project sign costs about 2300 to make with Obama sign on it, same regular sign would cost about 850-1000 to have made so think about the total stimulus jobs that are out there I would just like to have the sign business. Don't get me wrong I'm glad to have the work but I hate to see spending on projects that have very little benefit to a community. There is one guy that owns a gulfstream that the majority of this whole project is for his plane to land. I'm sure we could have found a road to build that would have benefited lots more people, or maybe not because this guy owns a big shipping company and employs lots of people and is great for the community because he gives back in a huge way to charities and helping the community. But you can bet there is some earmarking somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dnf777
10-15-2010, 08:42 AM
The school rehab and bridge replacement you mentioned earlier were funded by the stimulus to the same extent that the flushing of my morning constitutional was funded by the stimulus since my county (and the waste water treatement facility they run) also received stimulus money to supplement their general budget. The school would have been renovated with our without the stimulus. The bridge would have been replaced with or without the stimulus. And my toilet would have flushed just fine with or without the stimulus.

That was my point. Thank you.

I won't argue the with/without premise. I would agree with that.

RK, your typical MO in play. whenever opinions are stated, you attack and demand facts. When facts are presented, you accuse of cut-n-paste. You do the exact same thing to Yardley, or anyone else who debunks your comments with facts. Who said its like arguing with a billboard? Spot on.

Have a good one. We're going to a private rehersal of the Pittsburgh Opera's soprano, then YoYo Ma in recital, and I don't think either venue is dog-friendly. :(

ducknwork
10-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Have a good one. We're going to a private rehersal of the Pittsburgh Opera's soprano, then YoYo Ma in recital, and I don't think either venue is dog-friendly. :(

So your wife is going without you?:confused:

Blackstone
10-15-2010, 12:16 PM

Just what I was wondering the same thing.

dnf777
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
So your wife is going without you?:confused:

I wish it were that simple! ;)

Crisp cool fall mornings, campfires, archery season......I'd rather be headed to camp!

Blackstone
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
I can't speak for other states, but there are several construction projects in KS & MO that were funded by Stimulas money. I think the Tuscumbia bridge project in MO was the first project in the nation started with stimulus funds. I do not know for sure how many jobs were created, but Stimulus Watch said the project created 243 new jobs.

Chad Baker
10-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I wonder if they really created that many new jobs or if that was the total amount of people working for those companies. If I get a chance I will show you guys one of the forms they make us fill out. Its a joke they try to make you say you have create new jobs, I even had a inspector try to make us say we had created new jobs for people that have been with us for many years.

Buzz
10-15-2010, 03:37 PM
I wonder if they really created that many new jobs or if that was the total amount of people working for those companies. If I get a chance I will show you guys one of the forms they make us fill out. Its a joke they try to make you say you have create new jobs, I even had a inspector try to make us say we had created new jobs for people that have been with us for many years.

To create jobs, demand has to exceed capacity of the current workforce. With an implosion of the economy such as we had, how realistic is it to think that politically they could put together a stimulus big enough to actually create new jobs? Especially in the construction sector which took a big chunk of the hit from the collapse. But we know how much flack they will get from the righties for trying to state how many jobs were saved.

With the attitude you have about the stimulus spending, I'm really disappointed in you and your company for getting involved in anything even remotely tainted by stimulus funds.

road kill
10-15-2010, 03:52 PM
To create jobs, demand has to exceed capacity of the current workforce. With an implosion of the economy such as we had, how realistic is it to think that politically they could put together a stimulus big enough to actually create new jobs? Especially in the construction sector which took a big chunk of the hit from the collapse. But we know how much flack they will get from the righties for trying to state how many jobs were saved.

With the attitude you have about the stimulus spending, I'm really disappointed in you and your company for getting involved in anything even remotely tainted by stimulus funds.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

BTW----been to any election "feeds" lately?
They are pretty common out your way, aren't they??

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20101014/NEWS/10140308

Yopu guys got a pretty clear view of thing up there, hey???;-)

RK

Buzz
10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean.

BTW----been to any election "feeds" lately?
They are pretty common out your way, aren't they??

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20101014/NEWS/10140308

Yopu guys got a pretty clear view of thing up there, hey???;-)

RK

I hate it when brown people vote too.

road kill
10-15-2010, 04:28 PM

I don't care who votes, I encourage it, even you.

But feeding them and giving them rides as directed by your political party?

Even your AG is balking at that one.
But you approve of this?

Did you happen to read the article?
I mean anything goes with you guys doesn't it.

Here, maybe this will help you "get it;"

No food for votes, top S.D. lawyers warn
Opinion follows GOP demand to investigate Indian 'feeds'
Jonathan Ellis • jonellis@argusleader.com • October 15, 2010

Attorney General Marty Jackley and U.S. Attorney Brendan Johnson on Thursday affirmed an earlier opinion that political campaigns can't offer incentives, including food, to encourage people to vote."

RK

Blackstone
10-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Chad,

I don't know what criteria was used to determine if they were all newly created jobs. I didn't want to us Fed. stats. Stimulus Watch is supposed to be an independant 3rd party watch dog group.

charly_t
10-15-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't care who votes, I encourage it, even you.

But feeding them and giving them rides as directed by your political party?

Even your AG is balking at that one.
But you approve of this?

Did you happen to read the article?
I mean anything goes with you guys doesn't it.

Here, maybe this will help you "get it;"

No food for votes, top S.D. lawyers warn
Opinion follows GOP demand to investigate Indian 'feeds'
Jonathan Ellis • jonellis@argusleader.com • October 15, 2010

Attorney General Marty Jackley and U.S. Attorney Brendan Johnson on Thursday affirmed an earlier opinion that political campaigns can't offer incentives, including food, to encourage people to vote."

RK

Simple, low cost bribery. Maybe a semi-hidden message there also........"we will take care of you".

YardleyLabs
10-15-2010, 07:18 PM
I guess that means no more fund raising dinners with candidates. I can guarantee they are offering food and access in return for votes and money in a relationship that is much more direct than inviting people to a barbecue to encourage them to vote.

road kill
10-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I guess that means no more fund raising dinners with candidates. I can guarantee they are offering food and access in return for votes and money in a relationship that is much more direct than inviting people to a barbecue to encourage them to vote.

Yeah, two identical situations.

Yep, you got me on that one!!!:rolleyes:

RK

YardleyLabs
10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah, two identical situations.

Yep, you got me on that one!!!:rolleyes:

RK
I don't think they are equivalent at all. The tactics used to gain support from the wealthy are much less ethical. I think it would be great if towns hosted barbecues at polling stations with free meals for everyone who voted. Make it a party. Maybe we'll get turnout up to 70%. If you can't get people to vote, democracy fails. Instead, we have a system that conspires in every way to suppress voter turnout.

M&K's Retrievers
10-16-2010, 12:12 AM

UPS drivers can't vote?

david gibson
10-16-2010, 05:40 AM
I don't think they are equivalent at all. The tactics used to gain support from the wealthy are much less ethical. I think it would be great if towns hosted barbecues at polling stations with free meals for everyone who voted. Make it a party. Maybe we'll get turnout up to 70%. If you can't get people to vote, democracy fails. Instead, we have a system that conspires in every way to suppress voter turnout.

free food......hmmmmm....i wonder what majority would show up for a free handout just by voting?

what a brilliant idea!

will there be free md20-20 and colt malt liquor too? how about grape swisher-sweets? now your talking!:rolleyes:

Buzz
10-16-2010, 11:50 AM
free food......hmmmmm....i wonder what majority would show up for a free handout just by voting?

I'm guessing the heavy weight crowd?

subroc
10-16-2010, 11:58 AM
shovel ready jobs? what does it really mean?

anyone who has dealt with federal gov't contracting understands that creating a gov't contract, even for the most mundane of projects is a massive undertaking and requires significant planning and scheduling.

trying and planning to spend all those billions would take years.

M&K's Retrievers
10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
We can only hope that we can shovel the incompetent incumbent clowns out of office.

Ken Bora
10-16-2010, 09:38 PM
but oh yes, you have to make the hamster sexual......

O.K. Guys,
This has been bugging me for a couple of days.
How do you have sex with a hamster?
Is it a diss to the size of his wee wee?
I have heard folk say “Hung like a gerbil” are hamsters like gerbils?
I really do not know, I tried goggling it and gosh all my virus settings went off.
How come you all know about it? I feel a bit lost here.

luvmylabs23139
10-16-2010, 11:08 PM
O.K. Guys,
This has been bugging me for a couple of days.
How do you have sex with a hamster?
Is it a diss to the size of his wee wee?
I have heard folk say “Hung like a gerbil” are hamsters like gerbils?
I really do not know, I tried goggling it and gosh all my virus settings went off.
How come you all know about it? I feel a bit lost here.

Do you really want to know the answer?
I found out years ago as a volunteer EMT. I got an education that night.
Thankfully all we did was transport to the ER. In that case it was a gerbil that umm got a bit lost. :rolleyes:

Ken Bora
10-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Do you really want to know the answer?
I found out years ago as a volunteer EMT. I got an education that night.
Thankfully all we did was transport to the ER. In that case it was a gerbil that umm got a bit lost. :rolleyes:
If you can chose your works correctly so as to not be um, X rated.
I sure enough would like to know.
Feeling like the 9th grader listening to the Varsity starters talking in the locker room.
I mean for real, how the heck can you have sex with a hamster??????

luvmylabs23139
10-17-2010, 11:25 AM
If you can chose your works correctly so as to not be um, X rated.
I sure enough would like to know.
Feeling like the 9th grader listening to the Varsity starters talking in the locker room.
I mean for real, how the heck can you have sex with a hamster??????

A very small portion of society who happen to be homosexual males apparently get some sort of sexual thrill from a live gerbil running around in places they nor anything else should.
Hopefully they gave the guy an enema and the gerbil was "flushed" out of his system.
Have you figured it out yet?
If this did not work DNF may have been called in to rectify the situation. DNF is a proctoligist.

Ken Bora
10-17-2010, 11:37 AM
So, we are all working so hard to train a dog to run out and pick up a duck, and struggling with it.
And these fellers can train a hamster to run up somebody’s pooper????????????
Nice try but I know when I’m being picked on. If you don’t want to tell me that’s O.K.

luvmylabs23139
10-17-2010, 11:44 AM
So, we are all working so hard to train a dog to run out and pick up a duck, and struggling with it.
And these fellers can train a hamster to run up somebody’s pooper????????????
Nice try but I know when I’m being picked on. If you don’t want to tell me that’s O.K.

They don't train the gerbil or hamster to do this. They insert said rodent by force. I am not picking on you. I had no idea about any of this until I went on the call for a rodent that they lost the tail on. They could not get said live rodent back out because the tail got sucked in.
Ken,
I had no idea such things existed. I was 19 and grew up in a fairly conservative small town in CT. This was an actor from NYC that was renting a lake house Candlewood Isle (big bucks) with his "friend".

Juli H
10-17-2010, 12:10 PM
I have heard of the same, Ken...

Ken Bora
10-17-2010, 12:28 PM
wow.....
just wow........

luvmylabs23139
10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
wow.....
just wow........

1982 and the actor was on a well known soap opera. Never could watch that show again and think of him as a "STUD".:confused::confused:

charly_t
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Talk about perverts.......this is really PERVERTED !!!!!!

P. S. It somehow seems very appropriate that this is posted to the "shovel ready" thread.

david gibson
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Talk about perverts.......this is really PERVERTED !!!!!!

P. S. It somehow seems very appropriate that this is posted to the "shovel ready" thread.

LOL! great post!

but otherwise ken- sadly its true- and sadly someone in here brought it up in that context...but who is surprised?

dnf777
10-18-2010, 06:08 AM
LOL! great post!

and sadly someone in here brought it up in that context...but who is surprised?

In the context of YOU, you're right, nobody's surprised! :D

Ken Bora
10-18-2010, 08:38 AM
LOL! great post!

but otherwise ken- sadly its true- and sadly someone in here brought it up in that context...but who is surprised?

I was!
And I am pretty sure the hamster did not get what he bargained for ether!
From now on, every time I go into the dog food store and see the display of ramps,
wheels and TUNNELS. In the playful rodent area.
I am going to think of you two…….:rolleyes:

david gibson
10-18-2010, 10:41 AM

YOU brought it up "Doctor", which is even more disturbing. nice, classy professionalism there

Ken Bora
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
i know you are but what am i

Buzz
10-18-2010, 11:00 AM
YOU brought it up "Doctor", which is even more disturbing. nice, classy professionalism there

Yea, because we all know that doctors are not people too. Sheesh...:rolleyes:

Looked to me that you were the first one to bring up gerbils!

Ken, have you ever tried googling "gerbiling?' Wikipedia has a nice entry (oops) about the practice.

dnf777
10-18-2010, 11:02 AM

yeah but he started it! :D

sorry all..... let's move on to other world problems we can solve.

Ken Bora
10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Ken, have you ever tried googling "gerbiling?' Wikipedia has a nice entry (oops) about the practice.

no I have not and from what I be learnin' here I don't wanna.....
you guys are nasty.
I don't want to skip gayly down the brown dirt path to poopyland

duckheads
10-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I don't want to skip gayly down the brown dirt path to poopyland

I don't care who you are, that there made me ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ducknwork
10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
yeah but he started it! :D

sorry all..... let's move on to other world problems so me and Gibson can hijack threads and act like 8th graders again.

Fixed it...

;););)