PDA

View Full Version : No Biggie!!!

road kill
10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/r2326963810.jpg

FIRST LADY CAMPAIGNED INSIDE POLLING PLACE
Thu Oct 14 2010 16:19:25 ET

First lady Michelle Obama appears to have violated Illinois law -- when she engaged in political discussion at a polling place!

The drama began after Mrs. Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the south side of Chicago to cast an early vote.

After finishing at the machine, Obama went back to the desk and handed in her voting key.

She let voters including electrician Dennis Campbell, 56, take some photos.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," Campbell said.

According to the pool reporter at the scene, the conversation took place IN the voting center not far from the booths.

Illinois state law -- Sec. 17-29 (a) -- states: "No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place, within 100 feet of any polling place."

A top Ilinois State Board of Elections official tells the DRUDGE REPORT how Mrs. Obama may have simply been ignorant of the law and thus violated it unintentionally.

"You kind of have to drop the standard for the first lady, right?" the official explained late Thursday. "I mean, she's prety well liked and probably doesn't know what she's doing."

WHITE HOUSE DEFENDS ELECTIONEERING

When questioned about the brazen nature of Mrs. Obama's campaigning, press secretary Robert Gibbs defended the action.

"I don't think it would be much to imagine, the First Lady might support her husband's agenda," Gibbs smiled.

Developing...
__________________________________________________ __

In some places this is called cheating, or illegal, in Chicago status quo!!:D
Can't wait to hear the rationalization on this crime.;-)

RK

luvmylabs23139
10-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Why am I not suprised.

Brad Turner
10-14-2010, 06:38 PM
This is a complete joke! Rules are put in place for a reason. If one were to get caught speeding on a road they are not familiar with, do they not get a ticket from the state trooper? She should be using this opportunity to teach their kids how to take resposibility for their actions, regardless of their ignorance.

Terri
10-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I find it hard to believe that any one would thing she desires a break based on ignorance of the law. She was a lawyer and she has been involved in politics in the state of Illinois. When I lived in Illinois I got a ticket as a 16 year old for running a stop sign (the sign was bent over at a 45 degree angle and weeds had grown up to the top of the sign) on the other side of town. I did not get a break for being a young inexperienced driving. The reason for the ticket: I had lived in the town all my life so I should know all the signs. I paid my ticket. I did not get another ticket for 30 years and many city changes. So First Lady - Go to jail or pay your fees. The state is going broke thanks to all the social programs so I'm sure they will work a deal for the money and no jail time will be needed.

Terri

david gibson
10-14-2010, 08:44 PM
if michelle can do this then - ok, thats it - i am taking donations - who will pay me to wear my eagle pooping on obama Tshirt into a predominantly black polling place???

i swear i will do it - hey - obama aint running so how can anyone legally stop me???

and its a public place, i'll stand around as long as i can.

ooohhhh this could be fun!

http://www.outdoorsphotographyusa.com/obamaeaglemed.jpg

dnf777
10-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Please oh PLEASE do it!

MLK Blvd in Baytown, Texas would be my suggestion.

And have someone take pictures! (have them stand at least 50 feet away) :eek:

Raymond Little
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Holder only prosecutes white folks.

Raymond Little
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Please oh PLEASE do it!

Just tie shovels on your body David,
None of them will touch anything that
Means work.

david gibson
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Means work.

winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!

david gibson
10-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Please oh PLEASE do it!

i am not an instigator - my own personal polling place is about 70% black, 25% white, the rest asian/hispanic. it would be wrong to go and instigate in another district. but it is perfectly fair to wear what i want in my own "hood". not a difficult endeavor, anyone who knows me knows i will do it in a heartbeat.

its a done deal, i'll do it. unfortunately i have to do it in early voting at another polling place as i am due to drive 7 hours to get my new puppy on the 2nd......

stay tuned!

M&K's Retrievers
10-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Means work.

Shovel ready.:rolleyes:

depittydawg
10-14-2010, 11:27 PM
if michelle can do this then - ok, thats it - i am taking donations - who will pay me to wear my eagle pooping on obama Tshirt into a predominantly black polling place???

i swear i will do it - hey - obama aint running so how can anyone legally stop me???

and its a public place, i'll stand around as long as i can.

ooohhhh this could be fun!

http://www.outdoorsphotographyusa.com/obamaeaglemed.jpg

Looks like the racists are loose again. Nice work bringing them out in force with this thread.

david gibson
10-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Looks like the racists are loose again. Nice work bringing them out in force with this thread.

ohhhhhh...here we go again. just because we are against a president who happens to be of another race we are racists.

so blacks who dont like bush are racist also, right?

and obama goes and talks to blacks and tells them its their obligation to vote for him because they are black, and thats not racist.

good god man, get a grip.

DSO
10-15-2010, 06:47 AM
This incident may go down in Chicago politics as one of the most ethical things to happen ever. Is anyone really surprised :rolleyes:. Lets see if this story has legs nationally and what the liberal media has to say about it.

Cat F5 spin regards...

WHITE HOUSE DEFENDS ELECTIONEERING

When questioned about the brazen nature of Mrs. Obama's campaigning, press secretary Robert Gibbs defended the action.

"I don't think it would be much to imagine, the First Lady might support her husband's agenda," Gibbs smiled.

Developing...

Oh, by the way... What the hell is Gibbs talking about. The issue is not whether MO supports her husbands agenda, It's the fact that she broke election law. Dopey comment.

Danny

dnf777
10-15-2010, 07:52 AM
ohhhhhh...here we go again. just because we are against a president who happens to be of another race we are racists.

No Dave, its because you make statements related to the extermination of an entire religion, then defend yourself by saying, 'I just want to exterminate ONE'. You call obama a "half-breed POS". Others have said "thank god 'those people' don't live around here" People here have posted the new dollar bill with watermelons and fried chicken on it.

Oh, and just for the record, I don't think the eagle/Obama photoshop is racist. Its just pure low-class and disrespectful to the office of the president, and our national symbol. But mostly low class.