PDA

View Full Version : Political Campaign ads

Roger Perry
10-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Is anyone else tired of hearing all the negative campaign ads the politicians are spewing out on television? Used to be politicians told us what they stood for and what they would do if elected. Now all I hear is what the "other guy/gal" said or did. When the comercials come on I just hit the mute button until the programing resumes.

It doesn't make a difference if the political ads are Democrats or Republicans I just hate all the badmouthing. I want to know how the politicians running for office can help our Country not what the "other guy/gal" can do to destroy our Country.

subroc
10-15-2010, 09:11 AM
If someone chooses to spend thier money telling me what is wrong with the other guy/gal, rather than telling me what they are going to do, it is OK with me.

luvmylabs23139
10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't have a problem with negative ads as long as they are truthful. I see nothing wrong with pointing out the voting record of someone in a district that oposes what the person voted for. I have a huge problenm with someone taking a quote out of context and attempting to use it to their advantage. Think about the cut and paste job by that left wing nut in Florida. Gray (something) who tried to change a statement 180 degrees.
He should be charged with defemation of character and whatever else can be thrown at him.

Blackstone
10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Roger,

I am with you. I have gotten sick of the mud slinging ads. Both sides are skewing the truth so badly, that the only think you can do is disregard what they say, and research the candidates for yourself. Of course, that what you should be doing anyway, but most people don't bother to put in that much effort. Frankly, I'm a little disguested with the entire political process right now.

ducknwork
10-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I want to know how the politicians running for office can help our Country not what the "other guy/gal" can do to destroy our Country.

They don't talk about what they are going to do for our country because they know they're not going to do anything.

dnf777
10-15-2010, 11:34 AM
This was predictably going to be very negative campaign season. The dems "hope and change" hasn't come to be, so they can't run on their "positive record".....while the repubicans have done NOTHING but say "no" to everything...even things they themselves supported recently, so they have nothing positive to run on. That leaves us with the "they're worse than us" type of campaign.

Roger Perry
10-15-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't have a problem with negative ads as long as they are truthful. I see nothing wrong with pointing out the voting record of someone in a district that oposes what the person voted for. I have a huge problenm with someone taking a quote out of context and attempting to use it to their advantage. Think about the cut and paste job by that left wing nut in Florida. Gray (something) who tried to change a statement 180 degrees.
He should be charged with defemation of character and whatever else can be thrown at him.

I don't recall any left wing nut in Florida named Gray:confused:

luvmylabs23139
10-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I said Gray(something) I think it is Grayson. YOu know the die early guy. He took a statement from his opposition and clipped it from don't use "........" to "........".

road kill
10-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I said Gray(something) I think it is Grayson. YOu know the die early guy. He took a statement from his opposition and clipped it from don't use "........" to "........".

Alan Grayson

"Die Quickly!!"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alan+grayson+die+quickly&aq=3

RK

ducknwork
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Alan Grayson

"Die Quickly!!"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alan+grayson+die+quickly&aq=3

RK

What a tool.

YardleyLabs
10-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Actually, one of the problems is that there are no requirements at all that ads be truthful. In fact, since politicians are "public" individuals, there are also almost no protections against libel. Anybody that wants can say pretty much anything with no liability at all. The overwhelming majority of all attack ads, regardless of source, are completely misleading. Lies make make better stories, especially when you can never be called to account.

BTW, Grayson's comment was not a misquote, it was satire.