PDA

View Full Version : How many of you will vote early

BonMallari
10-19-2010, 08:22 AM
For those of you whose states offer the option, how many of you will vote early...and where do you vote ? our early voting places are at a few of the local shopping malls..very organized, very proficient,easy access,machines that are easy to use. I plan on exercising my voting rights on thurs.

I hope that everyone here exercises their right to vote :D

dnf777
10-19-2010, 08:35 AM
For those of you whose states offer the option, how many of you will vote early...and where do you vote ? our early voting places are at a few of the local shopping malls..very organized, very proficient,easy access,machines that are easy to use. I plan on exercising my voting rights on thurs.

I hope that everyone here exercises their right to vote :D

In light of what many folks here opinion is on "independents", I will vote in November at the regular poll. Being registered as "no party affiliation", I don't want my absentee ballot getting tossed into the round file.

M&K's Retrievers
10-19-2010, 08:43 AM
In light of what many folks here opinion is on "independents", I will vote in November at the regular poll. Being registered as "no party affiliation", I don't want my absentee ballot getting tossed into the round file.

Is that how they do things in PA?

M&K's Retrievers
10-19-2010, 08:45 AM
We will vote at our regular polling place on Saturday.

david gibson
10-19-2010, 08:48 AM

early voting and absentee voting are entirely different, i guess you missed that memo.

"Early voting differs from absentee voting in that voters may visit an election official’s office or, in some states, other satellite voting locations, and cast a vote in person without offering an excuse for not being able to vote on election day. Satellite voting locations vary by state, and may include other county and state offices (besides the election official’s office), grocery stores, shopping malls, schools, libraries, and other locations.
Early voting generally is conducted on the same voting equipment used in the regular election, as opposed to absentee voting, which is conducted on mail-in paper ballots. The time period for early voting varies from state to state, but most often it is available during a period of 10-14 days before the election, generally ending on the Friday or Saturday immediately preceding the election."

i think your voice is safe in early voting, not going to end up in the round file, unless you vote somewhere that is managed by former acorns.

here in Harris county they are already reporting record turnout. i think heavy turnout translates to defeat for incumbent dems.

i am voting tomorrow - because i get to go pick up my new puppy on election day... ;-)

Ken Bora
10-19-2010, 11:07 AM
They kind of merged absentee and early here in Vermont by making absentee “no excuse” and in my city we can do it two ways. Call the town clerk and request a ballot be mailed or go to the clerks office and vote early in person. A couple of my co-workers do this. Personally I like voting the day of the election, in person. Imagine some last minute scandal affecting somebody you already voted for? My polling place is a grade school and they have a bake sale and the goodies rock! I enjoy parking the truck full on dogs and guns and mud on the street and walking past the gaggle of hippies out front. I like chatting with the folk who had showed up on my porch and asked for my vote. Even if I do not plan on voting for them, I like to thank them for taking part, and they like and respect that as well. And did I mention the bake sale?

ducknwork
10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not going to vote at all.

Hew
10-19-2010, 11:14 AM
The question to ask is, "How many of you Democrats will be voting often?". ;-)

BTW, what is the going rate for a vote for a Democrat ticket? A pack of Kools? Free lunch/dinner? Gift certificates?

Ken Bora
10-19-2010, 11:22 AM

ooooooo that sure will show um!!!!!

dnf777
10-19-2010, 11:24 AM

So does that mean we won't hear you complain about how things are going for the next 4 years? Gonna miss you! ;)

david gibson
10-19-2010, 11:43 AM

BTW, what is the going rate for a vote for a Democrat ticket? A pack of Kools? Free lunch/dinner? Gift certificates?

what day are the dead people voting? halloween?

depittydawg
10-19-2010, 09:53 PM

I have made multiple copies of our mail in ballots and will send one in each day from now until Nov 3rd.... Nice to live in Oregon. :D