PDA

View Full Version : The Real Truth About Jobs & Oil Spill

menmon
10-20-2010, 10:30 AM
The right would like you to believe that the moritorium has killed jobs is the oil services industry. This is the furtherest from the truth, but who care about the truth.

I bank many oil services companies that are expanding largely to meet the requirements being now imposed. Onshore drilling is on fire as they continue to develop these scale fields. Yes offshore drilling in the gulf is not happening but everything else is on fire.

So just for the record, I think someone who has first hand knowledge is a better source than some spin doctor that whats you to believe something that is not true.

However all of them lie, so pick the liar that will help you the most. If you are unemployeed the guy that whats to extend your benefits is probablly your best choice. If you are farmer or work in the ag sector the guy that wants to expand school lunches. If you work in the defense industry the guy that likes war. Etc. etc....

Vote you pocket book...don't make your vote on what they say because they all are liars.

WaterDogRem
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Where is the increased on-shore drilling taking place? Are the Gulf off-shore oil employees being relocated to those locations?

Ken Bora
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Where is the increased on-shore drilling taking place? Are the Gulf off-shore oil employees being relocated to those locations?
If a feller is not working drilling in the gulf region then how can
he be getting a haircut and buying a snow cone, in the gulf region?
What about those folk??

menmon
10-20-2010, 11:11 AM

The haynesville, barnett, marcella...many are.

Franco
10-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I am sure that the 20,000 laidoff because of the 7 deepwater rigs that were moved to other coutries can rest easily knowing Sambo has thier back. No one knows when the other 24 deepwater rigs will go back to work because no new permits are being issued.

And, just in case you haven't looked, shallow water drilling permits are being held up too creating more loss of jobs!

Then again, gasoline is upwards of $2.70 per gallon at the pump and getting ready to go over $3. per gallon thanks to the Democrats!

dnf777
10-20-2010, 11:15 AM

Right here in Pennsylvania. Everywhere you look there are drilling rigs, pipe farms, waste-water trucks.......

Franco
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM

Sambo knows NOT what he talks about!

On shore drilling is mostly for natural gas. Production for on-shore producing gasoline is extremely limited and too costly. Offshore is where gasoline gets produced in quantity in this country outside of Alaska.

Many of those laid-off gulf employees have had to leave thier families and go to where drilling is and that is Saudi Arabia. Sambo would rather feather the nest of the Saudi's than of Americans!

menmon
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
If a feller is not working drilling in the gulf region then how can
he be getting a haircut and buying a snow cone, in the gulf region?
What about those folk??

If I understand your question, you are asking what is happening to the barbers and snow cone sellers if the off-shore guys are not working. My point is the fabricators, engineers, mechinist, etc. have added work because of this, so they are creating jobs because of the disaster that were not there before the spill. So barbers are cutting fabricators hair now.

menmon
10-20-2010, 11:20 AM
I am sure that the 20,000 laidoff because of the 7 deepwater rigs that were moved to other coutries can rest easily knowing Sambo has thier back. No one knows when the other 24 deepwater rigs will go back to work because no new permits are being issued.

And, just in case you haven't looked, shallow water drilling permits are being held up too creating more loss of jobs!

Then again, gasoline is upwards of $2.70 per gallon at the pump and getting ready to go over $3. per gallon thanks to the Democrats!

What I said is the service industry is on fire meeting the new demands. I never said that roughnecks were not out of work. My point is the new requirements are making more jobs than were lost. I sure though that a roughneck can go work in a fab shop if they desire.

menmon
10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Sambo knows NOT what he talks about!

On shore drilling is mostly for natural gas. Production for on-shore producing gasoline is extremely limited and too costly. Offshore is where gasoline gets produced in quantity in this country outside of Alaska.

Many of those laid-off gulf employees have had to leave thier families and go to where drilling is and that is Saudi Arabia. Sambo would rather feather the nest of the Saudi's than of Americans!

What difference does it make if they are drilling for gas or oil. They are still drilling and need pipe, frac sand, pump trucks, water disposal, etc......bottom line jobs

subroc
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
If I understand your question, you are asking what is happening to the barbers and snow cone sellers if the off-shore guys are not working. My point is the fabricators, engineers, mechinist, etc. have added work because of this, so they are creating jobs because of the disaster that were not there before the spill. So barbers are cutting fabricators hair now.

I expect this workload is made from whole cloth.

menmon
10-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Franco the shale wells are expensive but they are not slowing down At 40 million feet of gas a day they can afford them. I bank a company that trucks frac sand and I can keep up with their truck needs and they currently have 400 trucks running and the backlog on these wells is because they can't get sand to complete them.

Franco
10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Franco the shale wells are expensive but they are not slowing down At 40 million feet of gas a day they can afford them. I bank a company that trucks frac sand and I can keep up with their truck needs and they currently have 400 trucks running and the backlog on these wells is because they can't get sand to complete them.

Sambo, that 40 million feet of gas is NATURAL GAS! We have 30 x's that supply inland right here in S La. that we don't even bother drilling for except on a limited bases because natural gas is not in demand like gasoline.

Drilling for oil that can be refined into gasoline is what the American people need!

The largest oil field fabricator in the world is located in New Iberia, la. They are still laying people off because of "no new permits being issued". The suppliers are also laying folks off because Obama is trying to punish the oil companies when in reality, he is punishing the workers as drilling is being moved to other countries by the oil companies.

Franco
10-20-2010, 11:43 AM
What I said is the service industry is on fire meeting the new demands. I never said that roughnecks were not out of work. My point is the new requirements are making more jobs than were lost. I sure though that a roughneck can go work in a fab shop if they desire.

Not only rough necks getting laid off at $90k per year. Being laidoff are fabricators, engineers, tool pushers, caterers etc. Which is being spilled over to ALL support industries!

menmon
10-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Sambo, that 40 million feet of gas is NATURAL GAS! We have 30 x's that supply inland right here in S La. that we don't even bother drilling for except on a limited bases because natural gas is not in demand like gasoline.

Drilling for oil that can be refined into gasoline is what the American people need!

I thought they needed jobs...you might need to move up to north LA....Gas has always made more jobs in our region than oil...High natural gas prices have always meant more jobs.....this time they are making wells in these shale plays even though the price is low because hte volume of the wells make it econiomical.

Why are you fighting this arguement. This is positive and good for americans. Now it does have its downside. A bunch more yankees are going to move down here, but that was not all bad back in the 80s. They have good looking women up there.

Franco
10-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I thought they needed jobs...you might need to move up to north LA....Gas has always made more jobs in our region than oil...High natural gas prices have always meant more jobs.....this time they are making wells in these shale plays even though the price is low because hte volume of the wells make it econiomical.

Why are you fighting this arguement. This is positive and good for americans. Now it does have its downside. A bunch more yankees are going to move down here, but that was not all bad back in the 80s. They have good looking women up there.

I think it is great that natural gas exploration is hiring more people. However, it won't come close to the high paying jobs lost in drilling for oil that can be made into gasoline! Nor will the natural gas production make up for the lost taxes and it will take a long time for domestic drilling to come back.

What major oil company is going to want to invest in drilling in a country with falkey government? For the same reason oil companies are moving their corporate HQ out of the USA and to Dubai. They know that the Dems are hostile to oil production!

dnf777
10-20-2010, 11:58 AM
We have 30 x's that supply inland right here in S La. that we don't even bother drilling for except on a limited bases because natural gas is not in demand like gasoline.

Sounds to me, what American people need is an education system that will turn out:

1) engineers to design efficient, sexy, high-perfromance CNG powered cars

2) engineers to design safe, efficient, eco-friendly ways to extract all that natural gas ya'll are sittin on down there.

3) campaign and lobby finance reform to limit the power of oil companies to squash #1 and #2 above.

Franco
10-20-2010, 12:00 PM
What difference does it make if they are drilling for gas or oil. They are still drilling and need pipe, frac sand, pump trucks, water disposal, etc......bottom line jobs

A huge difference! It takes almost 40 times the people per rig drilling for oil than natural gas. Natural gas drilling jobs pay much less and the demand is for gasoline not natural gas!

Franco
10-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Sounds to me, what American people need is an education system that will turn out:

1) engineers to design efficient, sexy, high-perfromance CNG powered cars

2) engineers to design safe, efficient, eco-friendly ways to extract all that natural gas ya'll are sittin on down there.

3) campaign and lobby finance reform to limit the power of oil companies to squash #1 and #2 above.

I'll be the first inline to buy a CNG powered truck when the factory starts building them. As it is now, I have to drive out of my way to buy pure gasoline (without ethanol).

troy schwab
10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Sorry Sambo,
You are comparing apples to oranges...... oil rig workers make real money..... most of the natural gas workers are making barely above minimum wage. Most are paid labor, and truck drivers........ no comparison at all to the deep water oil industry. Dont get me wrong, here in PA, natural gas exploration IS providing jobs. Just not the same caliber of personnel..... sorry.

menmon
10-21-2010, 10:40 AM
A huge difference! It takes almost 40 times the people per rig drilling for oil than natural gas. Natural gas drilling jobs pay much less and the demand is for gasoline not natural gas!

That bullshit....these big shale wells that they are going 15k ft and the turning and going anther 3 miles employee plenty. Yes some deepwater rig like the horizon employees more, but there are 20 times as many shale rigs

menmon
10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I think it is great that natural gas exploration is hiring more people. However, it won't come close to the high paying jobs lost in drilling for oil that can be made into gasoline! Nor will the natural gas production make up for the lost taxes and it will take a long time for domestic drilling to come back.

What major oil company is going to want to invest in drilling in a country with falkey government? For the same reason oil companies are moving their corporate HQ out of the USA and to Dubai. They know that the Dems are hostile to oil production!

These oil companies have a history of drilling in countries with falkey governments. Want me to name a few...Russia, Niageria, Iraq...should I keep going.

Quit trying to make a case where Obama screwed up the oil industry. He threw a curve ball into deepwate drilling until they can better their act. But in the meantime the sector continues to thrive.

Here is an actual example of a major player "Oilstates" that just purchased an engineering company that I banked that only focus is deepwater exploration. The ink isn't dry yet, too. Why do they want this company? Because they have expertise to design and engineer to the expanded requirements. What does that spell? JOBS