PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend at NortheastTNRC HT....

Sundown49 aka Otey B
10-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Well I had a great time anyway......LOL. Our club's first HT and I give us a A- for the way it went off. Tony and Trudie Kuka and Mark Chase and all who helped got everything going real smooth. We ran Master test & Junior test on Saturday and my dog had a great time in junior...LOL. He was a dog instead of DAWG. His puppy came out but it was still fun. He helped me get to watch Master all day and there was some stellar work over there. It was interesting to see Chad and Traveler running Master,a bit of culture shock........LOL. BUT the cream rose to the top:) I want to congratulate Steve Earick on passing his two dogs and getting the MH on Sky. Sunday we had our Senior test and I had the priviledge of apprenticing under Fred and Mario. Thank you... I also would like to extend a big thank you to all the bunch from East Tennessee RC who came up and supported our club... and also Thanks to Chad Baker for the use of his beautiful grounds By the way the highlight of the weekend was Chad's daughter running Trav as test dog in Junior. Better wahch out Chad or she will be wanting to run Grady.........:) was nice to see Gman getting full of himself too..

Scott Parker
10-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Did you have a big turn out it didn't look like there were very many dog entered on EE.

Sundown49 aka Otey B
10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Scott it was small but very manageable for a first time event. It gave us enough time to do a few fun things too......:)

Chad Baker
10-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Hell I could have won 3 Opens in a row and not been as proud as I was of Ira my 4yr old daughter and Traveler 3yr old yellow dog. Me and Ira had been practicing for this for a while and she is going to be a great handler if she wants to be. She doesn't take nothing from the dogs she yells SIT!!!!!!!, HEEL!!!!!!, HERE!!!!!! Paige came out in the yard holding our 1yr old son Wick while we were training last week. Ira sent Trav for a mark with authority and Paige looked at me and said "I guess Wick is going to take Ballet." We had a lot of fun at our first HT and I can tell you this our little club may be fairly new but we have some of the finest club members you will ever meet. Everyone pitches in and helps not like most clubs where only 3 or 4 people put on the events, we have a deep bench that enjoys these games and I am really excited about our future. Please come join us in the spring at our HT and FT. Or if you are within driving distance of Bristol come to one of our training days we have alot of fun and setup something for everyone to run. We usually eat better than most too!!!! By the way I learned after Louie broke in the Master that you can talk to your dog on honor in a HT!!! I should have read the rules!!!!
Chad

TN_LAB
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Watch out, the hunt test syndrome is contagious. :p

I too love the ribbons my girls have earned with my BLF. Good stuff.

I've seen lots of good dogs pick up the chickens with great style only to break while on the bucket. ($_it happens) :p

You guys are making me feel guilty for not making the short drive.

DoubleHaul
10-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Hell I could have won 3 Opens in a row and not been as proud as I was of Ira my 4yr old daughter and Traveler 3yr old yellow dog.

The highlight of the test--perhaps of any test I have attended--was on the water marks when Ira looked at the judge and asked him to help her adjust her ponytail through the hat.

g_fiebelkorn
10-26-2010, 07:45 AM
The highlight of the test--perhaps of any test I have attended--was on the water marks when Ira looked at the judge and asked him to help her adjust her ponytail through the hat.

I wish I could have seen that -- cause for a big smile on my face.

George Fiebelkorn

robco
10-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I had a great weekend up there too. we have a club of really good folks and met some new good people too. I really love watching Ira with trav. She dont take a thing from him, youd think she was a lot older than 4! Now if my little dog will just slow down enough to sit still things may be a little easier with her.:D