PDA

View Full Version : Election day!!

dnf777
11-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Awesome day! Thank God I was born in America!

Split my vote a perfect even 50=50 r/d

Coffee is on....

Hew
11-02-2010, 08:27 AM
I just hate having to wait until 9 pm or so to start getting results...and even then, the news shows are just a bunch of jibber jabber from talking heads for the first couple of hours. Nothing much is known until 11 pm or later.

Sometime's the wait is like an execution and sometime's the wait is like waiting to open presents for Christmas morning.

Buzz
11-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Our precinct was nearly but not quite as busy as it was 2 years ago. Looks like good turnout here so far.

BonMallari
11-02-2010, 09:03 AM
my ideal day is to see a lot of politicians having to go to their office and start packing their belongings and going home to their respective states...permanently...the end of Queen Nancy's reign as Madame Speaker

Do we live in a GREAT COUNTRY or WHAT

GOD BLESS THE USA

BrianW
11-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Have to wait until after work tonight to accompany the wife to polling place.
Usually it feels like a waste since by that time, it seems like most races are already pretty well decided. But this year, the Con-gressional :p is neck & neck in the the polls and could come down to the proverbial saying.

Still trying to decide whose immigration policy/history I oppose less.
Minnick favors "out of the shadows" CIR/limited amnesty :rolleyes: while Labrador's work as an attorney on behalf of illegal immigrants has been less than stellar, imo :mad: and now he says he wants them deported :confused:

Labrador sued the Bush administration on behalf of a Mexican woman who had already been deported. Labrador admitted she entered the country illegally, but demanded that she be returned so she could go back through the immigration system. (Federal case CV-00195)

Labrador represented a drug dealer who broke into a vacant Canyon County home with his partner in order to split up drugs intended for sale. In his defense, Labrador argued that it was logical for the men to flee when they saw a green truck because the men thought it was an INS vehicle. (Federal case CR-00234-EJL)

Labrador argued that all evidence against an illegal-immigrant drug dealer should be suppressed because, in his view, a lane-change violation was not a good enough reason to pull someone over and search a car. The car was found to have methamphetamine. Labrador's motion was dismissed -- but not before Labrador agreed to a plea deal for his client with the provision that the plea would be voided if the evidence was suppressed. (Federal case CR-00169-EL)

Labrador argued for a reduced sentence for an illegal immigrant because, according to Labrador, the man's AK-47 in a car trunk had no relationship to the methamphetamine and drug materials found in the front of the car. (Federal case CR-01-191)

And in a meth ditributing ring arrest, one of the men arrested and charged in the conspiracy was an illegal immigrant who was part of a $5,500 drug transaction in front of a Nampa grocery store. The man's attorney (Labrador) later asked that the man be released.
The judge granted the request, but ordered that the accused adhere to strict terms of his release. The attorney also assured the U.S. Attorney and judge that although the man was an illegal immigrant, the attorney would have no problem dealing with immigration officials.
That same attorney, not long after, filed a motion asking the judge to dismiss the serious criminal charges against this illegal immigrant and dismiss the warrant for his arrest, as the client was no longer in the country.

In a blistering response, the U.S. Attorney's office wrote the following about the attorney: "What the Government sees is an attorney's specific and preexisting plan to have his client released from this Court on standard conditions and then have him deported to Mexico so as to avoid the federal charges, specifically what the United States warned the Magistrate Court to guard against in releasing him. Not only did the Magistrate Court err in releasing the Defendant under such circumstances, Counsel and the Defendant, it would seem, calculated his unavailability in direct relation thereto."
The client was Carlos Araiza Lopez, who was only caught years later after sneaking back into the country.

Lesser of two evils regards.

WRL
11-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Have to wait until after work tonight to accompany the wife to polling place.
Usually it feels like a waste since by that time, it seems like most races are already pretty well decided. But this year, the Con-gressional :p is neck & neck in the the polls and could come down to the proverbial saying.

Still trying to decide whose immigration policy/history I oppose less.
Minnick favors "out of the shadows" CIR/limited amnesty :rolleyes: while Labrador's work as an attorney on behalf of illegal immigrants has been less than stellar, imo :mad: and now he says he wants them deported :confused:

Labrador sued the Bush administration on behalf of a Mexican woman who had already been deported. Labrador admitted she entered the country illegally, but demanded that she be returned so she could go back through the immigration system. (Federal case CV-00195)

Labrador represented a drug dealer who broke into a vacant Canyon County home with his partner in order to split up drugs intended for sale. In his defense, Labrador argued that it was logical for the men to flee when they saw a green truck because the men thought it was an INS vehicle. (Federal case CR-00234-EJL)

Labrador argued that all evidence against an illegal-immigrant drug dealer should be suppressed because, in his view, a lane-change violation was not a good enough reason to pull someone over and search a car. The car was found to have methamphetamine. Labrador's motion was dismissed -- but not before Labrador agreed to a plea deal for his client with the provision that the plea would be voided if the evidence was suppressed. (Federal case CR-00169-EL)

Labrador argued for a reduced sentence for an illegal immigrant because, according to Labrador, the man's AK-47 in a car trunk had no relationship to the methamphetamine and drug materials found in the front of the car. (Federal case CR-01-191)

And in a meth ditributing ring arrest, one of the men arrested and charged in the conspiracy was an illegal immigrant who was part of a $5,500 drug transaction in front of a Nampa grocery store. The man's attorney (Labrador) later asked that the man be released.
The judge granted the request, but ordered that the accused adhere to strict terms of his release. The attorney also assured the U.S. Attorney and judge that although the man was an illegal immigrant, the attorney would have no problem dealing with immigration officials.
That same attorney, not long after, filed a motion asking the judge to dismiss the serious criminal charges against this illegal immigrant and dismiss the warrant for his arrest, as the client was no longer in the country.

In a blistering response, the U.S. Attorney's office wrote the following about the attorney: "What the Government sees is an attorney's specific and preexisting plan to have his client released from this Court on standard conditions and then have him deported to Mexico so as to avoid the federal charges, specifically what the United States warned the Magistrate Court to guard against in releasing him. Not only did the Magistrate Court err in releasing the Defendant under such circumstances, Counsel and the Defendant, it would seem, calculated his unavailability in direct relation thereto."
The client was Carlos Araiza Lopez, who was only caught years later after sneaking back into the country.

Lesser of two evils regards.

Yeah, I've seen the ads and if I had to vote on one of them I might have to go "Franco"....;)

Labrador does not seem like an asset AT ALL......

WRL

Hoosier
11-02-2010, 10:53 AM
I voted at about 9:00 and there was no line at all. Two years ago the line was out the door. This is a heavely dem area. Are the dems not turning out?

road kill
11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
I voted at about 9:00 and there was no line at all. Two years ago the line was out the door. This is a heavely dem area. Are the dems not turning out?
Don't know, here we had over 700 already at 9:00 am.
Last election the lady said she had 550 all day.

Heavily conservative area.
You know, families, homes and jobs!!??!!??

Brace yourself you middle of the roaders!!:D

RK

M&K's Retrievers
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM

Coffee is on....

Well, half of them should do the right thing.:rolleyes:

Wayne Beck
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I was number 142 this morning at 8:30.. 2 years ago I had a 20 minute wait at this time. The lady at the desk said it was 80% republican turnout this morning.. Pretty conservative area.. but they came out of the woodwork two years ago..

Roger Perry
11-02-2010, 11:32 AM

Coffee is on....

My vote was split also, like a true Independent.:D

Marvin S
11-02-2010, 06:02 PM
my ideal day is to see a lot of politicians having to go to their office and start packing their belongings and going home to their respective states...permanently...the end of Queen Nancy's reign as Madame Speaker

Do we live in a GREAT COUNTRY or WHAT

GOD BLESS THE USA

In the great state of WA the thing is initiatives -

1053 - Requires a 2/3rds vote of our legislature to raise taxes = can't be suspended for 2 years which is exactly what was done last year & many D's are going to get their walking papers - this state's treatment of all their public employees is much too generous.

1098 - Income Tax on those incomes above 250K - was passing until those below that threshold found out they could be next, in 2 years :)

1100 - takes the state out of the liquor business

1105 - takes the state out of the liquor business & gives the monopoly to the distributors

1107 - rolls back the taxes placed on certain grocery products by the last legislature

1082 - takes the state out of the workmen's comp business (last year OR, our sister state placed 19 people on permanent disability, WA placed 703, mostly public employees :()

Public employees unions favor 1098 oppose all others - I did agree with them on 1105 ;-).

Murray-Rossi - had Rossi gotten the win as Governor that he earned 5 yerars ago, this state's economy would be in great shape - IMO he would have made a great governor for this state - I am not sure he is as fiscally conservative as I would like in the Senate spot - but hopefully we'll get a chance to see.

I think we'll also get a chance to see which are the real swing districts for the House critters - this state has R's that need the representation of more than the 2 we presently send to DC.

Cody Covey
11-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I wish we had a viable choice to be able to vote out Doc Hastings but between him and Clough it was definitely the lesser of two evils...In my district we only get a chance to vote for about 4 democrats and i voted for none of them!

subroc
11-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Coffee is on....

My vote was split also, like a true Independent.:D

You 2 voted for an "R?"

How is that possible?

dnf777
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
You 2 voted for an "R?"

How is that possible?

Despite several peoples' characterizations of me, I used to be a staunch republican, but fortunately saw the light around the time of Bush I. I still hold many conservative values, especially in the fiscal realm, but I doubt any modern day republican would be familiar with them! I never really left the republican party, it left me. I have no problem at all voting for a republican, if he or she hold true to my values and seems like a decent person.

Cody Covey
11-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Despite several peoples' characterizations of me, I used to be a staunch republican, but fortunately saw the light around the time of Bush I. I still hold many conservative values, especially in the fiscal realm, but I doubt any modern day republican would be familiar with them! I never really left the republican party, it left me. I have no problem at all voting for a republican, if he or she hold true to my values and seems like a decent person.

And the democrats filled that void? It would seem that most people's outrage with the republican party was it started to go to the left and now you are saying the people more to the left are where you found at least "part of your home"?

depittydawg
11-02-2010, 09:14 PM
And the democrats filled that void? It would seem that most people's outrage with the republican party was it started to go to the left and now you are saying the people more to the left are where you found at least "part of your home"?

Most of the outrage with Republicans started when they wrecked the US economy, started two unnecessary wars, and drove up the federal deficit to numbers most of us can't even comprehend. I voted for a couple of democrats, several alternative party candidates, and 0 republicans. Much as I despise democratic leadership, I've seen and heard nothing to indicate the Republican leadership will do anything different from the last time they held sway. Their results speak for themselves.

dnf777
11-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Who said the democrats are "home"? I'm an independent, not happy with either party right now. Occasionally, a good candidate will arise, and I don't care what brand he wears.

I'm happy tonite, in that my taxes won't be going up as much or as soon as I thought! :D:D

Buzz
11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Who said the democrats are "home"? I'm an independent, not happy with either party right now. Occasionally, a good candidate will arise, and I don't care what brand he wears.

I'm happy tonite, in that my taxes won't be going up as much or as soon as I thought! :D:D

We'll all get our tax cuts as the country rolls down the road to insolvency.

Oh, excuse me, I forgot. Lower taxes means more revenue.

Chad Baker
11-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I took my four year old daughter voting with me today and explained to her it was our right as Americans to pick the people we want in charge of our country.
After I got done voting for all the republicans we had a state constitutional vote here in TN to make Hunting and Fishing a State Constitutional Right. I asked Ira if we should be able to hunt and fish and she said yes so I let her push the buttons on the voting machine.
Then we went home and caught and released 2 bass (one 3lbs and one 1 1/2lbs she reeeled them in) and caught a tadpole she is taking to school tomorrow, I can't think of a better way to teach her the ways of this country!!
Chad

Roger Perry
11-03-2010, 11:12 AM

dSame for me. What DNF said

dback
11-03-2010, 11:15 AM
dSame for me. What DNF said

Probably both Nole fans :rolleyes:

Roger Perry
11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
You 2 voted for an "R?"

How is that possible?

So, how many of you right wingers voted for a Democrat?

gman0046
11-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey Perry, how do you like living in a RED state?

Buzz
11-03-2010, 11:49 AM

You are such a juvenile arse hat.

gman0046
11-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Buzz, apparently YOU are in the minority after yesterdays Blow Out. Most Americans stood with Beck and the Republicans. Too bad your backing a losing party and a failed president. What don't you understand about that? Surely you can't be that ignorant.

ducknwork
11-03-2010, 12:02 PM
You are such a juvenile arse hat.

I second that. Add ignorant troll to the list as well.

gman, why don't you quit gloating on every thread possible today? If the Rs don't get it done in DC the way we all hope they do, you're going to look like an even bigger idiot.

May my words be sweet and tender regards,

gman0046
11-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Duckwack, can't you comprehend the fact the American People have spoken? Obongolo's a failure. Too bad the Dems can't deal with it. The more ignorant ones call names.

dback
11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I would hope the Republicans show considerably more class with this win then the Dems have in the past and not spend time gloating. The job at hand is considerable and will be extremely difficult... reducing government size and deficits of this magnitude will be no small task and boasting at this time serves no purpose short of appearing Pelosi-isk.

Arizona had nearly a clean sweep by the Republicans from head sanitation man to Gov. In her enthusiasm last night during her acceptance speech Gov. Brewer stated "the cavalry was on the way"............causing a 'group cringe'.

ducknwork
11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Duckwack, can't you comprehend the fact the American People have spoken? Obongolo's a failure. Too bad the Dems can't deal with it. The more ignorant ones call names.

gman, please read dback's post above mine. And use a little common sense, the world isn't saved yet, so shut your mouth until it is.

zeus3925
11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
I would hope the Republicans show considerably more class with this win then the Dems have in the past and not spend time gloating. The job at hand is considerable and will be extremely difficult... reducing government size and deficits of this magnitude will be no small task and boasting at this time serves no purpose short of appearing Pelosi-isk.

I wouldn't be too sure. We just had a Congressional race in the state where $15 million was spent. $ 11 million spent by the winner. Now don't tell me that the winner is going to listen to the people. Ya dance with the folks that brung ya.

Buzz
11-03-2010, 12:29 PM

It actually makes me feel good that someone like you thinks I'm ignorant.

david gibson
11-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Arizona had nearly a clean sweep by the Republicans from head sanitation man to Gov. In her enthusiasm last night during her acceptance speech Gov. Brewer stated "the cavalry was on the way"............causing a 'group cringe'.

with a democratic senate and president i dont expect much, obama will not budge or reach across the aisle because to do so would admit that he has been wrong, which he cant do with his ego. he much prefers the approach of "my way or the highway", or "they wont come 100% to my side so they are the ones being difficult"

stalemate city awaits i am afraid, unless more dems will now feel safer stepping off the party line and boosting the reps ranks on some key issues.

and i wonder what stunts the dems could try to pull during lameduck season. i hope they dont, but you never know.....

Buzz
11-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't be too sure. We just had a Congressional race in the state where $15 million was spent. $ 11 million spent by the winner. Now don't tell me that the winner is going to listen to the people. Ya dance with the folks that brung ya.

I'm trying to figure out the people in Bachman's district. I go up there and run a couple field trials every year around St. Cloud. The people seem normal when I'm there.

dback
11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
with a democratic senate and president i dont expect much, obama will not budge or reach across the aisle because to do so would admit that he has been wrong, which he cant do with his ego. he much prefers the approach of "my way or the highway", or "they wont come 100% to my side so they are the ones being difficult"

stalemate city awaits i am afraid, unless more dems will now feel safer stepping off the party line and boosting the reps ranks on some key issues.

and i wonder what stunts the dems could try to pull during lameduck season. i hope they dont, but you never know.....

I agree David.....however, having control of the 'purse strings' is a pretty big stick. I'm hopeful 'some' Dem or Independents will avoid the O administration like the plague after front row seats to last nights bloodshed but who knows....

Lame duck scares the he!! out of me.

Then it's time to hold some feet to the fire....especially by the Republican constituencies.

gman0046
11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Duckwack, you speak like a true Democrat. Who the Hell are you to tell anyone to shut their mouth. Why don't you tell us about all Obongolo's accomplishments instead of only typing BS.

Roger Perry
11-03-2010, 12:43 PM

gboy, the republicans made alot of promises to cut taxes and put people back to work. If they do not make good on those promises their asses will be out of office as fast as they got in.

gman0046
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Perry, do you mean like Obongolo's promise to not let the unemployment rate get over 8%? You saw yesterday where that got him. What will it take for you to admit he's a failure? Failed stimulus? A health care plan nobody wants? Trillions in debt?

Marvin S
11-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Then it's time to hold some feet to the fire....especially by the Republican constituencies.

Couldn't agree more & will!!!!!!!!! One of the beauty's of e-mail, it's cheap & quick :cool:.

BTW, AZ is playing some serious FB this year, I am disappointed with the Huskies - something is missing & I think it's in the coaching somewhere, the kids seem to be lacking effort!!!!!!!!!

gboy, the republicans made alot of promises to cut taxes and put people back to work. If they do not make good on those promises their asses will be out of office as fast as they got in.

It's not often the opportunity to do what's good for America rises :o. If you look back on past elections the issues were not as clear, the electorate was not as well informed, nor was the means of communication as suited to creating the pressure necessary for change to happen :cool:.

Somehow you have failed to recognize in your P & M'ing about all things Bush, was that the D's fielded Lover Al & Herman Munster as their best alternative. I seriously doubt that you would find anyone on this forum who is the least bit happy with Bush's spending. I was on record against Medicare Part "D", but you have to join those programs or the providers will pick your pocket.

Roger Perry
11-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Couldn't agree more & will!!!!!!!!! One of the beauty's of e-mail, it's cheap & quick :cool:.

BTW, AZ is playing some serious FB this year, I am disappointed with the Huskies - something is missing & I think it's in the coaching somewhere, the kids seem to be lacking effort!!!!!!!!!

It's not often the opportunity to do what's good for America rises :o. If you look back on past elections the issues were not as clear, the electorate was not as well informed, nor was the means of communication as suited to creating the pressure necessary for change to happen :cool:.

Somehow you have failed to recognize in your P & M'ing about all things Bush, was that the D's fielded Lover Al & Herman Munster as their best alternative. I seriously doubt that you would find anyone on this forum who is the least bit happy with Bush's spending. I was on record against Medicare Part "D", but you have to join those programs or the providers will pick your pocket.

I heard the other day on the news that most of the promises Obama made during his campaign for President are being kept or are still in the works. Obama let us know in advance what he wanted to do and the people elected him on those promises. Most every Republican campaign promise I have heard on TV said that they would lower taxes, create jobs and lower the deflict. I will hold them to their promises.

The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/images/mainquote-obama-mug.gif
The Obameter Scorecard

Promise Kept (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/) 122
Compromise (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/compromise/) 41
Promise Broken (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-broken/) 22
Stalled (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/stalled/) 82
In the Works (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/in-the-works/) 236
Not yet rated (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/not-yet-rated/) 3PolitiFact has compiled more than 500 promises that Barack Obama made during the campaign and is tracking their progress on our Obameter.
We rate their status as Not Yet Rated, In the Works or Stalled. Once we find action is completed, we rate them Promise Kept, Compromise or Promise Broken.
The report card at right provides an up-to-the-minute tally of all the promises.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

ducknwork
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Duckwack, you speak like a true Democrat. Who the Hell are you to tell anyone to shut their mouth. Why don't you tell us about all Obongolo's accomplishments instead of only typing BS.

gdouche,
Spoken like a democrat? Dude, here's a news flash...They rejected legalizing weed in Cali, so put your celebratory roach down.

I'm only trying to help you out. Your gloating is only going to come back and bite you in the ass. You have been known to contradict yourself pretty badly a few times around here, so you might want to take the opportunity to save the gloating until there is something worthy of of rubbing in the lefty's faces. As of now, the Rs haven't accomplished anything...I believe and hope they will, but we have to wait and see what happens before we brag about hypotheticals and predictions.

david gibson
11-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I heard the other day on the news that most of the promises Obama made during his campaign for President are being kept or are still in the works. Obama let us know in advance what he wanted to do and the people elected him on those promises. Most every Republican campaign promise I have heard on TV said that they would lower taxes, create jobs and lower the deflict. I will hold them to their promises.

The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/images/mainquote-obama-mug.gif
The Obameter Scorecard

Promise Kept (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-kept/) 122
Compromise (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/compromise/) 41
Promise Broken (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-broken/) 22
Stalled (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/stalled/) 82
In the Works (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/in-the-works/) 236
Not yet rated (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/not-yet-rated/) 3PolitiFact has compiled more than 500 promises that Barack Obama made during the campaign and is tracking their progress on our Obameter.
We rate their status as Not Yet Rated, In the Works or Stalled. Once we find action is completed, we rate them Promise Kept, Compromise or Promise Broken.
The report card at right provides an up-to-the-minute tally of all the promises.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

these can all be summed up as one big promise, and he has kept it. by summing all the promises he ends up promising to bankrupt america and make us all more dependent upon govt with less and less public say in what he does as the nation is steered toward socialism.

and boy did he keep that one. too bad for him that too many of the "useful ignorants" finally woke up.

Roger Perry
11-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I heard on a radio talk show today (not a political talk show) when a stout Republican called in to talk about some Republicans running for office. He said "sometimes you just have to hold your nose when you pull the handle to vote."

Buzz
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I love listening to the financial pundits try to guess day in and day out why the market is doing what it is. :rolleyes:

david gibson
11-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I love listening to the financial pundits try to guess day in and day out why the market is doing what it is. :rolleyes:

sooo.....by this you seem to be implying that as you listen to them you are doing so in contempt because you actually know more than they do? they make their guesses based on complex models - just like the weather. the accuracy is quite high in the short run (but still can be wrong on occasion wrong, as we are experiencing with rain in se texas today), but in the long range it widens. not so hard to understand.

afterall - where are all the mega katrinas your buddy al gore predicted??

i listen to them just like i do the weatherman, with a grain of salt, but in the long run they do a lot better job than i or anyone else i know can. perhaps you are just that good. change careers!

gman0046
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Roger, what else do you expect from a Detroit liberal?

depittydawg
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM

Ho hum. I must have missed the choices for President of the United States on my ballot. Damn!