PDA

View Full Version : Put your results here!!!.....

WRL
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
List your state and the results as you know them!

(Ky) Sen race. I just heard on the news Rand Paul won.

WRL

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
NC Senate Burr! R.
House of Reps Foxx R.

gmhr1
11-03-2010, 08:37 AM
GOV Brewer
Senator Mccain

Bad news CongressmanRaul Graialva beat Ruth Mcclung to bad I really hoped he would be gone I couldnt supprt someone who calls for a boycott in his own state not a siuprise when you have illegals voting

gman0046
11-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Florida a train wreck for Democrats. U.S. Senate Marco Rubio Republican in a landslide. Scott a Republican ahead in Governors race and will be next Governor. Good news, Democrat Alan Grayson a disgrace to the state loses House seat in another landslide.

Gerry Clinchy
11-03-2010, 09:11 AM
PA
Gov - Tom Corbett (R) -- 55% to Onorato's 45%
(Think people finally had enough with Rendell)

Senate - Pat Toomey (R)
Very close race with Sestak (D)

Gerry Clinchy
11-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Florida a train wreck for Democrats. U.S. Senate Marco Rubio Republican in a landslide. Scott a Republican ahead in Governors race and will be next Governor. Good news, Democrat Alan Grayson a disgrace to the state loses House seat in another landslide.

I noticed the breakdown was Rubio 49; Crist 30; Meek 20. Crist, it would appear, really did hurt the Ds more than the Rs.

Here's a good results map:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39982780/ns/politics-decision_2010/?GT1=43001

Sundown49 aka Otey B
11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
For the firsst time in the history of the county where I live we have as our chief executive a REPUBLICAN..............Our county goes back to 1802.......:)and it looks like Rand did OK too !!! OH and by the way our county has 4,000 registered Dems and 1.300 registered Republicans,,,,,,,,,,,,Looks like a few Dems have seen the light..............LOL>

luvmylabs23139
11-03-2010, 06:03 PM
NC state house and senate both went republican. That hasn't happened in over 100 years! We're still stuck with a dum as Governor as she wasn't up for vote this time.

Brad Turner
11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
TN-R Bill Haslam Gov.

BrianW
11-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Labrador (R)- lawyer over Minnick (D) businessman/CEO (who I finally chose)
Oh well. Got to give the guy credit for 2 years of (mostly) bucking the O/R/P brigade, couldn't have been easy.

All the other R's stayed in place. Big surprise, huh Buzz ?!? ;-)

M&K's Retrievers
11-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones are still with the Cowboys. :(

Ken Bora
11-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Here in Vermont our RINO Republican Governor, Jim Douglas’ term was done and the seat was won by the democrat, Shumlin instead of the republican Dubie. However, in Vermont the Lt. Governor runs separately and Scott the Republican won. I had wanted Dubie, he is a nice guy, national guard pilot and maple sugar producer. Our long time senior senator Pat Leahy easily won reelection making the second longest serving senator. He has been in office so long My Grandfather (passed on now) used to vote against him.

hotel4dogs
11-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Here in IL the proposal to convene a constitutional convention to pass an amendment making it easier to remove sitting governors did pass.
That may not be sound important, but here where our governors serve 2 terms, one of which is in prison, it's a big deal.
Pretty sad when figuring out how to REMOVE corrupt politicians is critical in your state.

Uncle Bill
11-06-2010, 04:01 PM
It appears Buzz isn't handling his assigned duties of informing the electorate, so I'll fill in...especially since Lee mandated we post results here.;)

Sodak, I'm happy to report, was a complete Republican sweep of all the national and statewide offices.

I'm also happy to report I live under single party rule...only moreso. With 35 senatorial seats voted on, the Dems won 6. Of the 70 Representative seats, The Republicans only won 50...the Dems 19....and the ubiquitous INDEPENDANTS took one seat. That was amazing, because Indys, like other middle-of-the-road critters, get run over in Sodak. JK:D

It was encouraging to see quite a few Republicans coming from the Peoples Republic of Sioux Falls. If it hadn't been for the usual suspects ...the university locals , likw where Buzz resides and Vermillion, along with the Reservations, the Dems might have been beaten real bad.:rolleyes:

Don't know if I'll make it for the next big show in 2012, so I'm doing all my gloating now. Besides, it's hard to be humble with these kind of numbers.

UB

Sundown49 aka Otey B
11-06-2010, 06:45 PM
For the firsst time in the history of the county where I live we have as our chief executive a REPUBLICAN..............Our county goes back to 1802.......:)and it looks like Rand did OK too !!! OH and by the way our county has 4,000 registered Dems and 1.300 registered Republicans,,,,,,,,,,,,Looks like a few Dems have seen the light..............LOL>

This has been a GREAT week at work listening to all the Democrats reasons for losing all but the uncontested elected offices. Looks like I may have to come out of full retirement and run for one of the uncontested seats......LOL;)

Eric Johnson
11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Alabama-

For the first time in something like 163 years, the Republicans control a house in our legislature. However, it doesn't stop there. They in fact control both houses.....and the Governor and the Lt Gov and the Attorney General and the Comm of Agriculture and the Treasurer and the Sec of State and the Public Service Commission. In short, it was a clean sweep. The Republicans control the entire state government.

Eric

JDogger
11-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Alabama-

For the first time in something like 163 years, the Republicans control a house in our legislature. However, it doesn't stop there. They in fact control both houses.....and the Governor and the Lt Gov and the Attorney General and the Comm of Agriculture and the Treasurer and the Sec of State and the Public Service Commission. In short, it was a clean sweep. The Republicans control the entire state government.

Eric

Same in NM, But don't hold your breath, as many who ran as R's are such in name only. Lets give things a year or so...and I'll bet we're just where we are now. Very little of the economy has to do with party. JD

david gibson
11-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Same in NM, But don't hold your breath, as many who ran as R's are such in name only. Lets give things a year or so...and I'll bet we're just where we are now. Very little of the economy has to do with party. JD

so say the sore losers....

JDogger
11-06-2010, 10:35 PM
so say the sore losers....

Just who are the winners david? Politics is not a team sport, ya know? ;)

Ebb and flow, ebb and flow.

BTW, you seem more to be on the sore loser side. Que no?

JD

wayne anderson
11-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Hard to believe, but GOP took both houses in Minnesota, even state Repulicans were shocked. Looks like Dem. "Moonbeam" Dayton will be Gov., despite likely recount. Maybe we're not so "liberal" after all--or after last 2 years. Now it is time for our newbies to perform.

Gerry Clinchy
11-07-2010, 10:50 AM
R's won strongly in Pennsylvania. The news reports are that they will focus on state budget deficits by selling off the liquor business (long overdue IMO) and streamlining the Turnpike Authority (possibly melding it into the Dept of Transportation).

The Rs MUST make good on their campaign promises or they will not last as a majority. While the urban areas like Philadelphia & Pittsburgh usually tend liberal & vote D (as they did this time), the rest of the state leans more conservative, but the conservative voices cannot match the numbers of the population density of the urban areas most of the time. The D gubernatorial candidate took 84% (!) of the vote in Philadelphia County ... a county which, of course, includes the city of Philadelphia, which has been struggling financially for a long time.

Meanwhile, all areas seem to continue to groan under progressively higher property taxes.

The City of Allentown is proposing a .4% increase in local income tax to avoid yet another property tax increase. The extra .4% would be imposed only on those who work, but do not live in the city. This then means that residents who may live in Quakertown (nearby Upper Bucks County), which already has a 1.5% local income tax, but who work in Allentown, would be paying 1.9% income tax total (in addition to their State Income Tax).

17% of Allentown's budget is devoted to pension costs! Obviously, that is a major problem that needs to be addressed. The way their pension system works, there are Allentown policemen who retired on pensions that exceeded more than they ever earned on the job. We're talking like $80K to $100K/year retirement incomes on the high end.

Gov-elect Corbett (R) reminds me of Gov Christie of NJ, though I think Corbett is not of the same emotional demeanor that Christie seems to be. I think Corbett came off equal to Onorato in the public debates (maybe a slight edge to Corbett), but I doubted that Onorato would deviate from Rendell (D) in taking the state further into debt & higher taxation.