PDA

View Full Version : 2 year forcast

dnf777
11-03-2010, 05:53 AM
I'm happy we have a balanced government again. My taxes will remain at historic lows. :D

The next two years:

endless investigations and special prosecutors

Claims that all would be fixed, if not for the obstructionist white house and senate, by vetoing "moderate" legislation or failing to reconcile such things as elimination of the IRS, Dept of Ed, and elimination of any and all energy extraction regulations, elimination of the Clean Air and Water Act, elimination or diminution of the Endangered Species Act, etc...

YardleyLabs
11-03-2010, 07:18 AM
I suspect that the first issue addressed will be an effort to extend all Bush tax cuts -- thereby increasing the deficit -- and that it will fail, with a more moderate plan passing instead. The estate tax will come back in some form, but preferential treatment of dividend and capital gains income will be continued, possibly in exchange for agreement on some form of jobs stimulus and/or unemployment extensions. There will be no repeal of health care legislation, but there will be some modifications. Policies in Iraq and Afghanistan will not be affected. Efforts to launch "punitive" investigations in the House will be countered by similarly vindictive hearings in the Senate (both finding ample targets). The economy will improve, not because of anything done based on this election, but because of what has already been done.

If Obama loses in the next election, it will be a first -- the first time since WWII that a President lost control of Congress in a mid-term election and failed to win re-election in the next cycle. In many ways, Democrats would have been better off if they had lost control of both houses since that would have almost guaranteed a 2012 victory. As noted below, very few people outside of the Republican party consider the top tea party priorities to be very important. The more effort focused on those items -- tax cuts and health care repeal -- while the deficit continues to increase, the more likely Republicans are to lose in 2012. The one good thing that should come out of the election should be a more focused effort on spending cuts. However, those efforts will barely make a dent in the deficit.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/v7jdmwqcs0sjtanyledwmw.gif

M&K's Retrievers
11-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Gotta be PA's fault. Went Republican didn't it?

Buzz
11-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm happy we have a balanced government again. My taxes will remain at historic lows. :D

Dave, I took a look at it, and since the Bush tax cuts, I have saved between $50 & 60k in federal income taxes. To be honest with you, I probably wouldn't have missed it, I pretty much just pissed it away anyhow. But I can go to bed at night secure in the knowledge that the bass tards in Washington didn't get their dirty mits on it. It's much better that they went out and borrowed to cover that loss.

YardleyLabs
11-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Gotta be PA's fault. Went Republican didn't it?
Well, my county was Republican until 2006, when it elected a Democrat to the House for the first time in 16 years (all but one of the other state and county officials remained Republican), and is now Republican again. In two years it could easily switch again. The legislature was fairly consistently Republican over the last 20 years, but had a narrow Democrat majority this year that has probably switched back to R. The Governor for the last eight years was moderate Democrat, who succeeded a liberal Republican (Ridge), who succeeded a Democrat (Cahill) more conservative than he. That is what being a swing state is all about. When I first moved to Bucks County in 1984, my wife and I were contacted within a few months and asked if we would be willing to serve as Democrat committeeman/committeewoman. There were only 500 registered Democrats at that time in a township with over 10,000 voters. Today, registration in that township is probably 40%+ Democrat. Who knows where it will be tomorrow.

gman0046
11-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Who would have thunk it. Pennsylvania and Ohio went RED!

labraiser
11-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Rendell (Fast Eddie) moderate, you got to be kidding me!!!! I guess he's moderate compared to you. His head is so far up Obomo's butt he's never seen day light.