PDA

View Full Version : Your View - Please

Marvin S
11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
This election renewed my faith in the American voter. While not completely it showed that with a little education they do understand what is happening.

Our state's initiatives showed that while we still wouldn't mind the rich paying on our lifestyle choices, if there is a possibility that it will trickle down in the form of more taxation it's soundly rejected. Rather than being 3R-6D in the US House we look to be 5R-4D, which is a more realistic balance. Murray-Rossi looks like Murray, which is sad, she is Seattle's Senator, the rest of the state soundly rejected her as she does not represent their interests.

The politics of attack & character asassination works :o, if a candidate is not prepared to handle that they will lose. Looks like Nikki Haley handled it well :cool:.

All in all, I am glad to see the new faces. A lot of interests will try to claim the mantle of kingmaker, but it was the American people who did that. It will be interesting to see how the newly minted leaders & the solidly rejected old leaders handle the transition.

The idea of lower taxes, less government in both size & intrusive power intrigues me. Watching that be accomplished with the resistance it will meet should be an interesting show.

& for the pot heads on this forum, looks like you can't even get it legal in CA, apparently it's a non flyer :BIG: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll sign off for now!

Franco
11-03-2010, 01:12 PM
I think the American people voted against the corruption that is the current administration and much of the Dems in Congress.

Americans are sick of the political payoffs. Like the Stimulus/pork that went to payback Labor Unions and did nothing to create real jobs. Or the bailouts that help keep the unions fat(GM) as well as protecting the crooks on Wall Street.

I feel badly for Nevadans that really had no viable candidate. Nevada has high unemployment and the highest foreclosure rate in the USA and they reelected Ried! Blame the Tea Party for that botching as well as in Delaware where the GOP candidate was not properly vetted.

The American people are ready for shrinking the size of the Federal Government!

Gerry Clinchy
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
LOL, Franco. The Tea Party doesn't have a monopoly in picking poor candidates. There's always Al Green (D) from SC. There are plenty who've actually gotten elected that have as many foibles as Angle and O'Donnell. Not defending any of them!

Cody Covey
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Marvin how the hell did the Liquor initiatives not pass? I guess people are okay with a 51% mark up by the state and on top of the taxes the state imposes.

Marvin S
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Marvin how the hell did the Liquor initiatives not pass? I guess people are okay with a 51% mark up by the state and on top of the taxes the state imposes.

1100 was defeated by a slick campaign of innuendo's funded by the state employee Unions. It was never about the money, it was about controlling who get's their mitts on that booze & only state stores can prevent little Johnny or Suzie getting some demon rum. This one will come back as it came too close to passing & there is a lot at stake. It's not about cost, it's been a long time since I was a customer at one of these places, it's about having the government in business competing at any level.

The government should only attempt to do what the private sector is unable or unwilling to do.

1105 - I was glad to see the public recognize that it would have just been a trade from the state to the distributors. & it was soundly defeated, as it should have been. Distributors are bigger leeches on the productive than the government at times.

1082 is one that should have passed! L & I can shut you down with their willingness to grant comp for any perceived need. Lifetime comp for a stress related issue? Just how do you get stress with a government job?