PDA

View Full Version : A Floridian suggestion for the POTUS.

Uncle Bill
11-07-2010, 01:05 PM
To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "great ideas can be implemented, as long as we aren't fighting over who's taking credit for them." Try this one on for size, Mr. President.

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg, Florida, Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President: please find below my suggestion for fixing America’s economy.
Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan": There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage--housing crisis fixed.

P.S. Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

Did you or BBG have a hand in concocting this, HEW? Certainly deserves consideration. Hope that new caucus of TEA party conservatives think about it.

UB

YardleyLabs
11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
What a bargain....only $40 trillion!! (For reference, total GDP for the US is less than $15 trillion and total annual Federal spending is about $3 trillion).

Uncle Bill
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM
What a bargain....only $40 trillion!! (For reference, total GDP for the US is less than $15 trillion and total annual Federal spending is about $3 trillion).

This was only the 3rd or 4th time this had been presented on RTF. It was supposed to be for the newbies, but you had to blow it.

It's almost impossible for you to keep your ego under control, isn't it?

Must you constantly try to impress everyone with your know-it-all erudition?

It must be fun trying to get a puch line in among your circle, if you had heard that particular joke before.

Does anal retentive have any meaning for you? (BTW, should that be hyphenated?)

I know you are just dying to answer all the above so as to further impress all your toadies on board.

UB

sandyg
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
This was only the 3rd or 4th time this had been presented on RTF. It was supposed to be for the newbies, but you had to blow it.

It must be fun trying to get a punch line in among your circle, if you had heard that particular joke before.

I know you are just dying to answer all the above so as to further impress all your toadies on board.

UB

If he doesn't, his Siamese twin who's joined at the lip, dnf666, will answer very shortly.

Buzz
11-07-2010, 05:26 PM
If you want to draw out the suckers, you have to post up something with numbers that aren't so easy to do in you head.

sandyg
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Uncle Bill,

What did I tell ya...

YardleyLabs
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM

It must be fun trying to get a puch line in among your circle, if you had heard that particular joke before.

UB
And here I only remembered one time when you posted it, in March 2009, when Steve Sabirely quickly pointed out your math error. If you want to post (or repost) stupid claims, you should probably stick to right wing only sites. Thoese people will believe anything. Look at the on-going stories about trips costing $200 million per day..:rolleyes:

As for simple sandyg, it would be difficult for her to ruin a forum in which she has yet to make a substantive comment. I see her like the signs you sometimes see embedded in sidewalks in cities where companies mark their property lines so that building set backs don't result in loss of the land. She simply feels compelled to keep repeating her admonishment that we get off her internet, hoping to build a case for ownership.

dnf777
11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
As for simple sandyg, it would be difficult for her to ruin a forum in which has yet to make a substantive comment.

I'm leaving him or her alone. Not worth the hassle. Probably a little kid with no parental guidance, judging by the way he/she acts. I just assumed it was a pencil-necked twerp, but guess I shouldn't be so gender-biased when it comes to A-holes! :D

YardleyLabs
11-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm leaving him or her alone. Not worth the hassle. Probably a little kid with no parental guidance, judging by the way he/she acts. I just assumed it was a pencil-necked twerp, but guess I shouldn't be so gender-biased when it comes to A-holes! :D
I just figured based on her posts that she was this person, sandyg from sandyg.com, home of the glitzy gsls....

http://www.rogerg.org/sandy/dsc00866.jpg

depittydawg
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
If he doesn't, his Siamese twin who's joined at the lip, dnf666, will answer very shortly.

Such class. Amazing!

david gibson
11-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Such class. Amazing!

oh yes, so much less class than dave ferrraro... (cough wheeze choke
)

sandyg
11-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Just to let everyone know, dnf777 did respond right before my 5:53pm post, but he removed his post because it made him look...

Well, you'll figure it out!

Ken Bora
11-07-2010, 10:00 PM
As for simple sandyg, it would be difficult for her to ruin a forum in which she has yet to make a substantive comment.

I'm leaving him or her alone. Not worth the hassle. Probably a little kid with no parental guidance, judging by the way he/she acts. I just assumed it was a pencil-necked twerp

Just from reading the typing style, I feel that SandyG is a Man. Probably 37-47, white and at least 240lbs.
I could be very wrong, but that is what I get just from reading.
Using my telepathetic ability.
Who is closest SandyG, David, Jeff or Me?:cool:

sandyg
11-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Just from reading the typing style, I feel that SandyG is a Man. Probably 37-47, white and at least 240lbs.

Ken's the winner! I only wish I had a retriever related book or DVD to send to you!

M&K's Retrievers
11-07-2010, 10:09 PM

I guess you should know as that is your only area of expertise.

JDogger
11-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Uncle Bill,

What did I tell ya...That I love ya. Please copy and paste some more old jokes. The libs don't get 'em, but I do, fixed it for ya!

I suspect that Bill really is an uncle, if only to a troll.

Sandyg....Hmmm, Kinda reminds of that ole Frank Zappa lyric; "Suzie cream cheese, whats got into you?"

Well... we've had a couple of SuzyQ's here before...now we got a Sandyg.

I can't wait....JD

Ken Bora
11-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I guess you should know as that is your only area of expertise.
Just to branch off a bit……
I can’t imagine any worse body part to have an issue with.
I’ve broken 13 bones (not all at once) and what do you do?
Stay off it for a few weeks. If your butt hole is broke how can you stay off it?
I tell ya I think I would rather have a brain tumor than a problem with
My butt hole area. And imagine all the different choices available for the
Medical student. From rubbing shoulders with professional athletes in sports medicine
To rubbing fresh young Hollywood actresses in the cosmetic field. You chose
A different path. I very much hope I never meet you or any of you colleges
in a professional setting. Butt, I thank you very much for what you chose to do.

dnf777
11-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Just to let everyone know, dnf777 did respond right before my 5:53pm post, but he removed his post because it made him look...

Well, you'll figure it out!

Yes, I actually deleted TWO posts, not just one. You must have missed that.
I'm trying to do the list a favor and not engage in gutter talk with you and DG. Might be a much nicer place if we all did that. :D

dnf777
11-08-2010, 05:46 AM
Just to branch off a bit……
I can’t imagine any worse body part to have an issue with.
I’ve broken 13 bones (not all at once) and what do you do?
Stay off it for a few weeks. If your butt hole is broke how can you stay off it?
I tell ya I think I would rather have a brain tumor than a problem with
My butt hole area. And imagine all the different choices available for the
Medical student. From rubbing shoulders with professional athletes in sports medicine
To rubbing fresh young Hollywood actresses in the cosmetic field. You chose
A different path. I very much hope I never meet you or any of you colleges
in a professional setting. Butt, I thank you very much for what you chose to do.

Its not glamorous, but it is one of the few areas of medicine where we can actually CURE cancer, and one of the best examples of PREVENTING cancer through screening colonoscopies beginning at age 50. We have seen a ~70% reduction in colon cancer deaths in groups who have been screened. (it is still currently the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths)

Also, as you mentioned, it can be one of the most painful areas of the body otherwise. Fissures, hemorrhoids, abcesses, ulcers..... When something is really annoying or painful, its not called a "pain in the thyroid", is it?

Besides, we all have to deal with A-holes on a daily basis.....I just get paid for it.

road kill
11-08-2010, 07:00 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:D

Classy!;-)

RK

code3retrievers
11-08-2010, 08:16 AM

So you deleted 2 posts and this is the one you stuck with? Way to keep it out of the gutter.

M&K's Retrievers
11-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Its not glamorous, but it is one of the few areas of medicine where we can actually CURE cancer, and one of the best examples of PREVENTING cancer through screening colonoscopies beginning at age 50. We have seen a ~70% reduction in colon cancer deaths in groups who have been screened. (it is still currently the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths)

Also, as you mentioned, it can be one of the most painful areas of the body otherwise. Fissures, hemorrhoids, abcesses, ulcers..... When something is really annoying or painful, its not called a "pain in the thyroid", is it?

Besides, we all have to deal with A-holes on a daily basis.....I just get paid for it.

Reminds me of the time when several of our regular crew were having a few at our favorite establishment. One of the guys called "Nurse. Nurse" when asking for another refreshment. The server politely came over and said "O'Shea, I'm a waitress not a nurse. A nurse only has to look at one a$$ hole at a time". I don't think he ever called a waitress "Nurse" again.

Dallas Cowboys blow regards,

dnf777
11-08-2010, 09:13 AM
So you deleted 2 posts and this is the one you stuck with? Way to keep it out of the gutter.

I'm sorry officer, it won't happen again.
:confused:

Ken Bora
11-09-2010, 07:53 AM

Ken's the winner! I only wish I had a retriever related book or DVD to send to you!

Don’t get excited big feller, not like I want to pick out curtains or anything.
Said I could see through you, see to the real you. Not that I liked you.

Gerry Clinchy
11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
It was obvious for those who bothered to do the math, that this proposal was not a step ahead ... but

How many people over age 70 are still holding full-time jobs as employees? How many people over the age of 67? I'd wager there are a LOT of people still working at age 67. It's no secret that someone who's been earning $40K most of their life probably doesn't have much pension or savings to add to SS income.

Private industry has often used "early buyouts" to reduce their workforce to save dollars. There may be some virtues in looking at this kind of plan in a modified version.

Those same people who continue to work after age 65, in lower middle-income brackets, have no doubt also deferred consumer purchases which would otherwise be reasonable for them to make.

Since those same people are still vigrous enough to hold a full-time job, one should not "waste" such a mandatory requirement, but rather mobilize these people into volunteer services. Think of how they could assist overwhelmed childrens' services or other parts of our charitable system. Many of them might be very willing to put their efforts into these kinds of charitable services if they were not compelled to hold a full-time job. Even consider that the benefit of their experience could be used as trainers for new employees in their old jobs after their "buyouts".

Such a program would be of temporary nature to solve a temporary problem. The baby boomer generation has been the largest population group throughout their lives. This would open up jobs in lower income levels where the unemployed are most likely to be the ones who would be most likely to need social services to subsist. Better to get these people back to work constructively than have them adapt to relying on social services. The older workers who get the "buyout" have already led working lives and are not likely to "change their spots" after an early-retirement "buyout".

I'm not one who believes in increasing our "entitlement" programs, but this one would be temporary. I've been accused before of having "off-the-wall" ideas, so this one might fit into that category. BTW, since I'm self-employed I do not stand to benefit from such a program :-).