PDA

View Full Version : Why are We in Afghanistan??

road kill
11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
We need to get out....NOW!!!

Arlington Hts, IL Marine dies in Afghanistan

"A young Marine from Arlington Heights was killed in Afghanistan Wednesday, only a month into his first tour of duty overseas.

Lance Cpl. James Bray Stack leaves a wife, Katelyn Landeweer Stack, also from Arlington Heights, and their 1-year-old daughter, Mikayla, said his father, Robert Stack.

Stack was shot in the head during combat, according to papers the military gave the family.

The 20-year-old man had been home-schooled by his parents, Linda and Robert Stack, with curriculum from Christian Liberty Academy in Arlington Heights, where his father teachers junior high science.

Stack was in Afghanistan one month, and letters home had just arrived this week with descriptions of fierce fighting.

He was a rifleman in India Company 3/5 Marines in the 1st division serving in Sangin in Helmand province, considered one of the most violent places in Afghanistan, according to The Associated Press.

“It sounded like he was fired on every day,” said his father, referring to James Stack’s letters. “He saw men blown to pieces. One man from Chicago died as they were evacuating him. James helped put him in the helicopter and watched him die.

“He said one minute you would be having a good time with your friends and joking around, and the next day they were gone.”

The Marine told his family that being based near a river was a great stress reliever. Known as an outdoorsman from his days spent on the central Illinois farm owned by his grandfather, Gene Bray of Long Grove, James Stack enjoyed sitting by the river in Afghanistan and swimming and fishing in it.

In his last letters he commented that he had made it through another day, and he wasn’t afraid.

“I can shoot better than they can, don’t worry about me, I’m coming home,” James Stack wrote.

Robert Stack praised his daughter-in-law, who he said had been living at Camp Pendleton north of San Diego but was visiting her family in this area when she got the news.

“Katie has demonstrated qualities we can all be proud of,” he said, “with a young child and to be separated from her husband by a tour of duty.”

Katelyn attended both Prospect High School and Christian Liberty Academy.

James Stack became interested in the Marines when he was very young.

“As he grew older he expressed interest to serve his country,” his father said. “I think that was what motivated him. He wanted to use his skills. He was a very resourceful young man.”

James Stack was a national champion air pistol shooter in the 2008 Junior Olympics and a member of the Arlington International Airgun Club. He played soccer with Christian Liberty and was named Most Valuable Player on the school’s track team.

“For a man of his age he was extraordinary, and he was trying to do his very best for the Marine Corps and for his family,” said his father, fighting back tears.

“He was a Christian. As a family we are comforted knowing that according to Scripture he’s in glory with our Lord. I know we will see him again.”

James also has a 16-year-old sister, Megan.

“Freedom is not free,” said Robert Stack. “The military pays the price with their own blood. I have no regrets. I was his biggest supporter and biggest fan.

“I can’t think of anything that made me prouder than seeing him become a Marine and seeing what he had to go through to earn that title. I didn’t appreciate how difficult it is.”

RIP Marine, thank you.:cry:

RK

Gerry Clinchy
11-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Highway of Heroes ... each fallen Canadian soldier is honored this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFmXKMki8sA

Marvin S
11-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Sad but classy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife asked me yesterday to name one good reason we are there - I answered with "Their young women deserve the opportunity to be properly educated".

I am not happy with the mismanagement & miscalculation by all involved but have no suggestion for change. But I would turn off the money spigot now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david gibson
11-12-2010, 11:11 PM
but The Apologist doesnt care. 2 veterans days in a row and where was he??? apologizing to muslims and praising what a peaceful and lovely religion it is and making excuses for jihad. you would think he could have at least made a statement from "over there".

instead, this is what he had to say:
"This great country," of course, being Indonesia.
"When my stepfather was a boy, he watched his own father and older brother leave home to fight and die in the struggle for Indonesian independence," Obama told the audience.

classy. honoring his relatives "over there" but he cant be troubled to give one ounce of support to the veterans here on the soil they sacrificed to protect. i am sure veterans everywhere were thrilled by Bidens understudy roll.:rolleyes:

JDogger
11-13-2010, 12:00 AM
but The Apologist doesnt care. 2 veterans days in a row and where was he??? apologizing to muslims and praising what a peaceful and lovely religion it is and making excuses for jihad. you would think he could have at least made a statement from "over there".

"When my stepfather was a boy, he watched his own father and older brother leave home to fight and die in the struggle for Indonesian independence," Obama told the audience.

classy. honoring his relatives "over there" but he cant be troubled to give one ounce of support to the veterans here on the soil they sacrificed to protect. i am sure veterans everywhere were thrilled by Bidens understudy roll.:rolleyes:

Didn't see you post any acknowledgment or thanks yesterday either dg. To busy honoring yourself, I'm sure. There's a lot of vets here. I'm one...are you? And try to stay OT. "Why are we in Afghanistan"?

JDogger

Juli H
11-13-2010, 01:03 AM
That saddens me so much. :(

Thank you is not enough and yet, thanks, along with prayers and sympathy to this brave man's family is all that we can offer.

Juli

YardleyLabs
11-13-2010, 06:29 AM

As usual, of course, you got it wrong again. Obama met with troops in South Korea to remember our veterans and praise our future veterans. His remarks, in part, were:

At the Korean War Memorial in Washington, there is a plaque right near the inscription that lists the number of Americans who were killed, wounded, mission in action, and held as prisoners of war. It says “Our nation honors her sons and daughters who answered the call to defend a country they never knew and a people they never met.”

A country they never knew and a people they never met. I know of no better words to capture the selflessness and generosity of every man or woman who has ever worn the uniform of the United States of America. At a time when it has never been more tempting or accepted to pursue narrow self-interest and personal ambition, you remind us that there are few things more American than doing what we can to make a difference in the lives of others.

That is why you will always be the best that America has to offer the world. And that is why people who never met you and never knew you will always be grateful to the friend and ally they found in America. Thank you for your service, may God Bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/11/veterans-day-obama-korea.htmlOf course, maybe in your book it doesn't count because when he met with the troops in Korea it was 11/11/2010 but, because of the 14 hour time difference, it was still late Wednesday night here. He was in Korea attending the G-20 Conference on Veterans Day, not in Indonesia.

Meanwhile, Michelle Obama surprised troops at Ramstein AFB in Germany where her plane stopped to refuel on its way back to the US. She joined the troops for a special Veterans Day meal at the base where she helped in serving steaks.
After serving steaks and delivering a short speech to a cheering crowd, Mrs. Obama went around the room sharing hugs, smiles and handshakes.

"This was an awesome surprise," said Tech. Sgt. Tiana Simms-Russell, 86th Services Squadron North Side Fitness Center, non-commissioned officer in charge. "I think it's great that she took the time to come see us here on Veterans Day. It really shows that she cares."

While at Ramstein, Mrs. Obama also took some time to visit wounded service members at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, and briefly met with her German counterpart, First Lady Bettina Wulff. http://www.dvidshub.net/news/59958/first-lady-visits-ramstein-landstuhl-veterans-day

david gibson
11-13-2010, 06:42 AM
"?After serving steaks and delivering a short speech to a cheering crowd, Mrs. Obama went around the room sharing hugs, smiles and handshakes."

oh yeah, we all know how the military is in overwhelming support of democrats in general and this fool in particular. sorry, but it doesnt count when its a planted crowd. they even have to plant the crowd when he speaks at colleges, so it was all for show. how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no? not that the enlisted crew dont deserve recognition, they most certainly do. armed forces day is another great day we should all recognize. 2 years in a row not speaking to the generations of vets here at home. and for what? a failed trip where he comes home with egg on his face, being rebuffed at avery stop. AND MAKING EXCUSES FOR JIHADISTS.

the unknown soldier goes two years without the president of the nation recognizing him, instead all he got was the bumbling fool of a vp.

actually, he probably doesnt mind this time. who wants a pat on the back from a president who cant face our enemies or address the truth about jihad??

subroc
11-13-2010, 07:10 AM
I expect the reasons are many for why we are in Afghanistan. Foremost in that list is to attempt to keep an entire nation from becoming a training base for terrorists that are trying to kill us.

Semper Fidelis and RIP Lance Cpl. James Bray Stack

Ken Bora
11-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Why,
Nation building? Promoting Peace on earth? Or simply wiping our hinny after defecating?
Way back when, when the Soviet Union was battling Afghanistan. Those tenacious devils
Were our brothers in arms. We supplied and trained and created a force that drove back
The might of the Soviet Union. And then we stepped away. Bigger questions I feel are not why
But why we waited so long, why not sooner, and why not next door in Mexico as well?

david gibson
11-13-2010, 07:23 AM
we are in afghanistan because islam is a religion of peace. at least thats what The Apologist believes.....

Ken Bora
11-13-2010, 07:34 AM
..... how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no? not that the enlisted crew dont deserve recognition, they most certainly do.......
I never realized that enlisted folk were not veterans.
Thank you for seting me straight David.
My very good friend little Kevin Wilkinson has served in two separate
“Wars”. Has been on the ground all over and is now Major Wilkinson.
Gonna have to call him back and apologize for the call I made to him on Thursday.
Could you call him for me David and explain to him he is not a Veteran?

Roger Perry
11-13-2010, 07:54 AM

David, don't you think we should have been out of there at least 7 years ago when the reason we went there was to kill or capture Bin Laden and al Queda leaders who escaped into Pakastan????????????? You can't blame Obama for that. Bush should have cleaned up his own mess before he left office.

Roger Perry
11-13-2010, 08:50 AM
"?After serving steaks and delivering a short speech to a cheering crowd, Mrs. Obama went around the room sharing hugs, smiles and handshakes."

oh yeah, we all know how the military is in overwhelming support of democrats in general and this fool in particular. sorry, but it doesnt count when its a planted crowd. they even have to plant the crowd when he speaks at colleges, so it was all for show. how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no? not that the enlisted crew dont deserve recognition, they most certainly do. armed forces day is another great day we should all recognize. 2 years in a row not speaking to the generations of vets here at home. and for what? a failed trip where he comes home with egg on his face, being rebuffed at avery stop. AND MAKING EXCUSES FOR JIHADISTS.

the unknown soldier goes two years without the president of the nation recognizing him, instead all he got was the bumbling fool of a vp.

actually, he probably doesnt mind this time. who wants a pat on the back from a president who cant face our enemies or address the truth about jihad??

David, When Bush and Clinton were in office they did not miss any G20 summits, did you expect Obama to rebuff all the world leaders that came to the meeting????????????

dnf777
11-13-2010, 04:19 PM
how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no?

If your stupidity were an airplane, it would have just smashed through the sound barrier!

In fact, the only thing that keeps your comments like that from being offensive, is that they are SO STUPID, its clear you have NO CLUE as to what you spew, so its easier to ignore it than get riled up.

Good job, you've outdone yourself once again!

When in Kuwait, one of our CWOs was a VietNam vet, still in uniform. If you told him he wasn't a veteran, (first I would stand WAAAYYYY back) and enjoy watching him rip off your head and s#!t down your neck-hole!!

(before you go crying to mommy, realize that is just an expression that some colorful NCOs have been known to use!) :rolleyes:

menmon
11-15-2010, 10:42 AM
we are in afghanistan because islam is a religion of peace. at least thats what The Apologist believes.....

No we are in Afghanistan because the last president sold it to the american people. We were in a recession and he needed a war, and it was not a hard sell to get america's support after 911.

I'm disappointed that we are still there, too. It has cost us countless lives and money and all we have done is make big rocks into little rocks. The Russians spent 20 years their trying to take it over and couldn't, why should we be any better?

schb02
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=david gibson;703848 how many of the people he spoke to were vets? ZERO, they are still enlisted. kinda like congratulating juniors for graduating, no? not that the enlisted crew dont deserve recognition, they most certainly do. [/QUOTE]

I was an enlisted for 4+ years and that does not make me a vet? I hope you miss wrote the above quote. If not I feel sorry for you for not considering the enlisted group as vets. FYI.... Most of the enlisted enlist straight out of high school, officers have a college education or are going to a military college. Both are very important.

black0989
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Semper Fi brother.

Technically David, a vet is someone who has been enlisted in active dity for 180 days, during a period of war for which an award or medal was issued. According to the military. But regardless, we are there. Do we have a reason? NO! Am I still leaving my life behind for a hwile to go back? Damn right. Why? Freedom isnt free.

In all honesty, unless you are a military member or immediate family is, your opinion on whether or not we should be there, is just an opinion. As sour as it sounds, it matters to nobody except for you. Sucks for you guys, but hey, thats life. When people complain about the war, I ask them what they have sacrificed for our country, 90 percent...have done nothing. So that equates to what their opinion is worth.

Complain all you want, but in the end we are still there, marines are still dying, and thats that. Sit back, keep your mouth shut, at least where people who do not care, can't hear you;).

Tired of hearing all the complaining from people watching the news everyday and thinking their life is hard. Spend a week of my tour with me and see how much you have to complain about then. Hmmmm, yet we dont hear the complaints from people who sacrifice.

Tired of the bitching, regards.

road kill
11-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Semper Fi brother.

Technically David, a vet is someone who has been enlisted in active dity for 180 days, during a period of war for which an award or medal was issued. According to the military. But regardless, we are there. Do we have a reason? NO! Am I still leaving my life behind for a hwile to go back? Damn right. Why? Freedom isnt free.

In all honesty, unless you are a military member or immediate family is, your opinion on whether or not we should be there, is just an opinion. As sour as it sounds, it matters to nobody except for you. Sucks for you guys, but hey, thats life. When people complain about the war, I ask them what they have sacrificed for our country, 90 percent...have done nothing. So that equates to what their opinion is worth.

Complain all you want, but in the end we are still there, marines are still dying, and thats that. Sit back, keep your mouth shut, at least where people who do not care, can't hear you;).

Tired of hearing all the complaining from people watching the news everyday and thinking their life is hard. Spend a week of my tour with me and see how much you have to complain about then. Hmmmm, yet we dont hear the complaints from people who sacrifice.

Tired of the bitching, regards.

Dude, I will bitch about young men & women dieing in Afghanistan all I want.
Read the history books about what Afghanistan did to Russia!
If your tired of it, move on or step up.

I will be at the parade Thursday for the young Marine.

BTW--I was in combat before you were a twinkle in your old man's eye, BOOT!!

RK

black0989
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Haha, boot? Four years active, two tours, 2 years reserves, with third tour around the corner. NAM,CAR, but a boot huh? Intelligent comment. Did you see your bestfriend lose his life while you were holding him two weeks before you were scheduled to head home, and have to tell his parents? Probably not. The thing is, I have. You think I dont know about our involvement with The conflict between Russia and the middle east? Really DUDE? Probably one of those that set in the rear while your brothers were "knockin' down doors", oh, let me explain, that means having bullets fly at your head.

Come back when you can hold your ground about what YOU personally have done.

But again, your opinion is worthless, except to the people that may care to hear what you have to say.

road kill
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Haha, boot? Four years active, two tours, 2 years reserves, with third tour around the corner. NAM,CAR, but a boot huh? Intelligent comment. Did you see your bestfriend lose his life while you were holding him two weeks before you were scheduled to head home, and have to tell his parents? Probably not. The thing is, I have. You think I dont know about our involvement with The conflict between Russia and the middle east? Really DUDE? Probably one of those that set in the rear while your brothers were "knockin' down doors", oh, let me explain, that means having bullets fly at your head.

But again, your opinion is worthless, except to the people that may care to hear what you have to say.

You don't know what your talking about.

I am embarrassed for you.

Thanks for your service, learn some humility.

BTW--Your opinion doesn't hold much stock here either.
A lot of us here are Veterans and I suspect based on your false bravado and lack of humility, many doubt your legitimacy.

My military back ground speaks for itself and needs not be justified to you.
And if it did, this is not the place.

I can hold my own, trust me.

stan b

david gibson
11-15-2010, 12:06 PM
I was an enlisted for 4+ years and that does not make me a vet? I hope you miss wrote the above quote. If not I feel sorry for you for not considering the enlisted group as vets. FYI.... Most of the enlisted enlist straight out of high school, officers have a college education or are going to a military college. Both are very important.

i meant no disrespect in that regard, and i stand corrected for grossly mispeaking. my intention was obamas lack of emphathy for verterans in general. i have a nephew who kicked down doors in iraq/falluja and suffers greatly for it. he is the very first veteran i send a message to each nov. 11 for the past 6 years. he needs the support and we give it to him. my point was Obama not being here 2 yrs in a row and addressing the men and vets that need the support the most, and instead being over there apologizing for us and praising islam as a religion of peace. my nephew as well as my father in law, my dad, and my uncle all of whom are WWII or Korean vets all feel insulted by obama being away from the homeland 2 yrs in a row and praising islam every chance he gets. my uncle is a democrat, and he now despises The Apologist as much as the rest of us.

black0989
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Don't be embarassed for me, no reason to. I know where I stand and I know what I continue to sacrifice for everyone, including you. Wasn't trying to down you for any reason, but this place is a place for opinions on things, and thats what I gave.

When someone wants to call me a boot, when I just VOLUNTEERED for my third tour, second to Afghanistan, to go help "boots" who have yet to leave stateside, it's offending.

Im missing my son's birth, and not to mention the various memories that would be made when I'm gone.

What's happening to the general public? Yeah we pay more for gas, jobs are shitty, and it costs more to live in our world today. Sucks, but I do it, just like the next guy, just like you do. Did I say you couldn't have an opinion, no, I did however tell you theres really no room for the bitching, its just that, you running you'rmouth.

Again, not saying you can't, it's just that you have nothing to put it on, you haven't paid near what others have because of this.

My wife and future son, could live their life without me, but it's what needs to be done.

I would be lying if I said I supported the people who make these decisions, but I do support our country, thats what matters in the end. Not me, not you, but America.

dnf777
11-15-2010, 12:08 PM

Whoa! I agreed with your first post, but this attack on RK is WAY OUT OF LINE, TROOP!

I won't even consider questioning your service, rather I'll just thank you for it....but do not disgrace yourself by attacking a fellow veteran here. You have no idea what someone else here saw, did, or didn't do. Why not pay him the same respect in that regard as you are afforded?

I may call RK an a-hole for political views, but I won't sit quietly and see his service attacked like that. You owe him an apology. That was out of line.

black0989
11-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Alright, swallowing my pride here, got a little heated.

RK, I do apologize, I dont know you or what you did. Service appreciated more than I can tell you. You doing that is why I am able to continue.

On a lighter note, in the Marine Corps, calling someone a boot, is like a kick in the nuts.

Again, I apologize to the full extent on SOME of the above.

Carry on.

road kill
11-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Alright, swallowing my pride here, got a little heated.

RK, I do apologize, I dont know you or what you did. Service appreciated more than I can tell you. You doing that is why I am able to continue.

On a lighter note, in the Marine Corps, calling someone a boot, is like a kick in the nuts.

Again, I apologize to the full extent on SOME of the above.

Carry on.

Not kicking nuts, boot is in relationship to your just being out of boot camp compared to us old timers who got out in '72.

Cam Rahn Bay regards!!!:cool:

stan b

menmon
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
I greatly appreciate every man and woman that has served for this country. I may not agree with the orders given to them, but I do appreciate the soldiers!

Now since everything on the forum has a political bias, I'll share my observation between Bush and Obama. I want to say first, I'm real disappointed with Obama because he has let them sway him into staying in these wars. However, the stabs at his concern of these young people that are in harms way is totally wrong.

Bush did a very good job of ralling people around our troops while he kept them in harms way. I would have prefered more thought before starting these wars though.

He also did a very good job at pissing a bunch of people off that we needed as friends. Obama has tried to be humble and reestablish these relationships. Kind of like eating crow with your wife when you were justified for what you did, but it is better than a divorce.

YardleyLabs
11-15-2010, 02:04 PM
i meant no disrespect in that regard, and i stand corrected for grossly mispeaking. my intention was obamas lack of emphathy for verterans in general. i have a nephew who kicked down doors in iraq/falluja and suffers greatly for it. he is the very first veteran i send a message to each nov. 11 for the past 6 years. he needs the support and we give it to him. my point was Obama not being here 2 yrs in a row and addressing the men and vets that need the support the most, and instead being over there apologizing for us and praising islam as a religion of peace. my nephew as well as my father in law, my dad, and my uncle all of whom are WWII or Korean vets all feel insulted by obama being away from the homeland 2 yrs in a row and praising islam every chance he gets. my uncle is a democrat, and he now despises The Apologist as much as the rest of us.
Right now you are batting 0 for 2. This year, as I noted previously, he spent Veterans Day with some of our future veterans serving in Korea. Are you truly suggesting that shows a lack of respect? In 2009, he was at the Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate Veterans' Day (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/11/12/2009-11-12_my_solemn_surprise_meeting_with_the_president_a t_my_friends_resting_place.html and http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/11/11/obamas_veterans_day_remarks_at_arlington_99113.htm l). No disrespect there either. You must be getting your facts from the same people who sent around email messages in 2009 purporting to show Obama not saluting during the National Anthem on Veterans' Day. Unfortunately, the photo was from Memorial Day and the music being played was Hail to the Chief, which Obama certainly should not have been saluting (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/veteransday.asp).

Clint Watts
11-16-2010, 09:03 PM
No we are in Afghanistan because the last president sold it to the american people. We were in a recession and he needed a war, and it was not a hard sell to get america's support after 911.

I'm disappointed that we are still there, too. It has cost us countless lives and money and all we have done is make big rocks into little rocks. The Russians spent 20 years their trying to take it over and couldn't, why should we be any better?

Maybe my memory is weak, but I do believe 911 sold it to the American people, and stating that Bush needing a war was the reason for Afghanistan is kinda left wing nutty.

david gibson
11-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Right now you are batting 0 for 2. This year, as I noted previously, he spent Veterans Day with some of our future veterans serving in Korea. Are you truly suggesting that shows a lack of respect? In 2009, he was at the Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate Veterans' Day (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/11/12/2009-11-12_my_solemn_surprise_meeting_with_the_president_a t_my_friends_resting_place.html and http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/11/11/obamas_veterans_day_remarks_at_arlington_99113.htm l). No disrespect there either. You must be getting your facts from the same people who sent around email messages in 2009 purporting to show Obama not saluting during the National Anthem on Veterans' Day. Unfortunately, the photo was from Memorial Day and the music being played was Hail to the Chief, which Obama certainly should not have been saluting (http://www.snopes.com/po etic and islam-glorifying speeches on thlitics/obama/photos/veteransday.asp).

well you cant speak for my veteran relatives. they are disgusted by his apologetic speeches on this trip. so i'll give you the one day he spoke to troops in korea and stand corrected, that doesnt overcome the fact that he was glorifying islam and avoiding the denounciation of jihad the day before.

as usual it was likely a hand-picked audience of obama supporting troops, and yes he is not the first to do that. but to praise the "peace -loving jihadists" the day before veterans day to me is as bad as doing it the same day. you are a liberal obama lover and will never see his faults, i despise the half muslim and see nothing but fault. the world goes on.

david gibson
11-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Maybe my memory is weak, but I do believe 911 sold it to the American people, and stating that Bush needing a war was the reason for Afghanistan is kinda left wing nutty.

oh no clint! these guys are independent centrists, and dont you realize bush and cheney were behind 9/11? :rolleyes:

JDogger
11-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Lets play 'what if'.

What if some Mexican drug cartel, or even some Reconquista group set up along the TX border? They occupy an area of TX and begin attacking.
Then this group expands and launches a terroist attack on Europe to expand their influence?

Then say, the Dutch, French, Germans, and English, et al, say to the US, 'you're not in control of your territories, we're going to help you'.

They send troops to 'help us' , but soon we find that these troops are killing many of us as well.

How long before we realize that 'my friend is my enemy'.

How long would you tolerate the 'helpers"?

We're in Afghanistan now cause it feels right. How long til it feels bad?

JD