PDA

View Full Version : New Airport Scanner

Gerry Clinchy
11-13-2010, 12:03 PM
FINALLY ó A great alternative to body scanners at airports . . .

The Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners at the airports.

Itís a booth you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you. They see this as a win-win for everyone, with none of this crap about racial profiling.

It also would eliminate the costs of a long and expensive trial. Justice would be swift. Case closed!

You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system . . . "Attention standby passengers ó we now have a seat available on flight number 1234.

Shalom!"

Gotta hand it to the Israelis for ingenuity.

Hew
11-13-2010, 12:11 PM
That's awesome! :)

WRL
11-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree. I'd really like to see something like that.

WRL

david gibson
11-13-2010, 05:49 PM
how long till yardley steps in with a long winded explanation on how this would be illegal?

good one!

YardleyLabs
11-13-2010, 05:51 PM
No problems here. Only wish it were real.

dnf777
11-13-2010, 08:51 PM
How many of us (back in the day), when toting our favorite cordura duffle bag to the airport, suddenly realized there may be a few dove&quail loads in a side pocket? Or a buck-knife? Or a handful of 22 rounds?

Nowadays, we wouldn't dream of making such a grave error, but I've come pretty darn close back when it wasn't that big of a deal. Heck, they'd probably just ask you to throw them out. Now, you probably would get a pair of matching bracelets, courtesy TSA.

YardleyLabs
11-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I've actually been stopped a number of times based on the bomb swabs. When I am shooting photos at night in difficult neighborhoods, I generally carry a pistol in one of the pockets of my camera case. As a result, the camera case tests positive when it is checked.

Pals
11-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I love it!!!