PDA

View Full Version : pol arrested, wife arrested with $79,600 in pants

subroc
11-14-2010, 12:02 PM
pol arrested, wife arrested with $79,600 in pants

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/12/AR2010111204001.html?hpid=topnews

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/12/pg-county-executive-wife-arrested-fbi-sting/?page=1

Julie R.
11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I've been LMAO at this crook all weekend--he's been all over our news. I particularly loved one interview he gave, loudly proclaiming his innocence: "I didn't do nuthin'. That ain't me man, that's not my crack pipe. I been set up." Actually he said cash, not crack pipe but, other than that he could've been plucked right from a recent episode Cops. Oh wait, maybe he'll be a feature crook on Cops next season! Reminds me of the old bumper sticker from the Agnew era: Maryland has the best politicians money can buy. What a loser.

david gibson
11-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I've been LMAO at this crook all weekend--he's been all over our news. I particularly loved one interview he gave, loudly proclaiming his innocence: "I didn't do nuthin'. That ain't me man, that's not my crack pipe. I been set up." Actually he said cash, not crack pipe but, other than that he could've been plucked right from a recent episode Cops. Oh wait, maybe he'll be a feature crook on Cops next season! Reminds me of the old bumper sticker from the Agnew era: Maryland has the best politicians money can buy. What a loser.

exactly. i am waiting for the yardley post that begins something like this:

"actually, the first politician caught with cash in his undies was a republican....."

sandyg
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
exactly. i am waiting for the yardley post that begins something like this:

"actually, the first politician caught with cash in his undies was a republican....."

Hopefully this will be the first post that the know-it-all DOESN'T comment on!

JDogger
11-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I hope he gets indicted, tried and convicted, and a lengthy sentence.

Now...can anyone say...Abramoff?

for your perusal;

http://www.slate.com/features/2007/scandal_guide/scandalmap.html

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander regards, JD

david gibson
11-15-2010, 08:25 AM

for your perusal;

oh, wow, you sure got me on that on dog. :rolleyes:

as usual, you cant stick to the subject. the subject is people caught with stuff in their pants.
i can counter with sandy berger (stealing classified documentsand in his socks, technically the same since your pants cover your socks)

so there - thats TWO instances of democrats stealing money or classified terrorism documents just before the 9/11 hearings - could be worse than cash)

and there's william jefferson with $95K in his freezer, he was just waiting for an oppurtunity to thaw it all out and stuff it in his pants i am certain.

so now what does abramhoff have to do with that?

for your perusal:

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/democrat-scandals-you-wouldnt-hear-from-the-liberal-mainstream-media/

now try to stick to the OP subject

JDogger
11-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Actually both stories Joe posted links to said she stuffed the cash in her bra. I'm not sure where the pants reference came from.

There are more than enough corrupt politicians, R & D to go around.

BTW I'll post anything that pleases me. Don't like it...don't read it.

JD

YardleyLabs
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
oh, wow, you sure got me on that on dog. :rolleyes:

as usual, you cant stick to the subject. the subject is people caught with stuff in their pants.
i can counter with sandy berger (stealing classified documentsand in his socks, technically the same since your pants cover your socks)

so there - thats TWO instances of democrats stealing money or classified terrorism documents just before the 9/11 hearings - could be worse than cash)

and there's william jefferson with $95K in his freezer, he was just waiting for an oppurtunity to thaw it all out and stuff it in his pants i am certain.

so now what does abramhoff have to do with that?

for your perusal:

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/democrat-scandals-you-wouldnt-hear-from-the-liberal-mainstream-media/

now try to stick to the OP subject
Yep, you win. There's no Republican so cheap that either the bribes he takes or the ones he gives could fit in a pair of pants. I thought the issue was corruption...:rolleyes:

To find corruption, simply follow the money as the money follows power. Since 1994, I suspect that Republicans have won the corruption race to fill their own pockets based simply on the fact they controlled Congress two-thirds of the time. Look between WWII and 1992, and I suspect Democrats won the corruption race because they controlled Congress most of the time.

Corruption takes many forms. Those sticking cash in their pants or into their freezers are truly the cheap crooks. The big crooks measure their rewards in millions and have many more creative ways of burying the money. Until 1980, members of the House were permitted to convert unused campaign funds to personal use when they retired and those elected prior to 1980 still have that right. Even without that, retired members of Congress can and do continue spending campaign funds for entertainment following retirement at a rate estimated at about $500,000 per year each. Not bad when you have no office to run for.

pat addis
11-15-2010, 09:43 AM
i live in illinois where our govenors make our license plates.home of daylie machine soon to be the rhom emanual machine

Julie R.
11-15-2010, 10:08 AM
for your perusal;

Calm down there JDog; you're beginning to sound like a petulant Roger Perry or a toddler tattling to Mama. Even Yardley kept on topic. Until you came sniveling onto this thread whining about GOP corruption, no one said anything about party affiliation of the accused nor stated that any one party has a monopoly on graft and moral turpitude.

I simply look across the river and laugh at the greed and graft in Prince Georges' officaldom, the armpit of the D.C. metro area. The fact that subroc heard about the Johnsons caper up in New England made it even more amusing. Another public servant from P.G. County MD caught with his pants down, what a surprise!

sandyg
11-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Hopefully this will be the first post that the know-it-all DOESN'T comment on!

Well, this wasn't it. But hope springs eternal!!

david gibson
11-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Actually both stories Joe posted links to said she stuffed the cash in her bra. I'm not sure where the pants reference came from.

There are more than enough corrupt politicians, R & D to go around.

BTW I'll post anything that pleases me. Don't like it...don't read it.

JD

and one story quotes: "FBI agents, in a search of Mrs. Johnson, rescovered $79,600 in cash from her underwear, officials said" which can be interpreted a couple of way

had to go deep into semantics to save your face on that one, huh:rolleyes:

Roger Perry
11-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I'll bet Cheney lined his pockets pretty well when he gave that no bid contract to Haliburton;)

road kill
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM

for your perusal;

I beleive that is page 6 of the play book, isn't it JDogger??

"HeeEEeeEeeSttTTAAaAaaRrrRrRrtTTtTttEeeEeeDdDddiIIi IiiIiTTtTt?":rolleyes:

RK

JDogger
11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Calm down there JDog; you're beginning to sound like a petulant Roger Perry or a toddler tattling to Mama. Even Yardley kept on topic. Until you came sniveling onto this thread whining about GOP corruption, no one said anything about party affiliation of the accused nor stated that any one party has a monopoly on graft and moral turpitude.

I simply look across the river and laugh at the greed and graft in Prince Georges' officaldom, the armpit of the D.C. metro area. The fact that subroc heard about the Johnsons caper up in New England made it even more amusing. Another public servant from P.G. County MD caught with his pants down, what a surprise!

Post # 3 brought partisanship to bear Julie, not I.

What, pray tell was subroc's motivation to post the story here, if not insinuation?

You make your views perfectly clear in your assessment of PG Cty as an 'armpit'. Would not the same apply to St Mary's in Maryland? Forty years ago, the same applied to Loudon and Fauquier, I mean until the 'mini-goat farmers' arrived?

And thanks for the comparasion to Roger, I'll take it as a compliment.

JD

Julie R.
11-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Post # 3 brought partisanship to bear Julie, not I. JD

No JD, Post #3 simply pointed out that one of you commie symps would no doubt start wailing about GOP corruption. Gibson thought it would be yardley pontificating on how Republicans started it. I guessed it would be Roger Perry but you beat them both to the punch.

Say, speaking of newsmakers, how bout that Charlie Rangel? roflmao

JDogger
11-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I beleive that is page 6 of the play book, isn't it JDogger??

"HeeEEeeEeeSttTTAAaAaaRrrRrRrtTTtTttEeeEeeDdDddiIIi IiiIiTTtTt?":rolleyes:

RK

It started long before you and me and PP, and it's on page one of the PP playbook.

JD

JDogger
11-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Say, speaking of newsmakers, how bout that Charlie Rangel? roflmao

Like the man said, "Stay OT" ;) There's a Rangel thread already going.

JD