PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jindal Interview ... on air now

Gerry Clinchy
11-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Michael Medved will be interviewing Bobby Jindal on his show starting after the present commercial ...

You can listen on your computer
http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/player/flash/audio_player.php?id=TOWNIR&uid=165

Today Medved has been receiving calls about whether listeners think Obama can win re-election in 2012. Even many who support Obama think he cannot win re-election (interesting).

Franco
11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks, I'm listening now.

Other than promoting his new book, he has reaffirmend;

He is not running for President.
He is focused on balancing the state budget.
Current FED administration didn't know how to handle the oil leak.

Medev brought up Jindal's high ranking by the CATO Institute.

Gerry Clinchy
11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I also liked what he had to say about his immigrant roots.

By 2016, I think he might make a very viable Presidential candidate.

Marvin S
11-16-2010, 06:26 PM
I also liked what he had to say about his immigrant roots.

By 2016, I think he might make a very viable Presidential candidate.

While I agree with you on his POTUS qualities, might want to make that 2020 - The person beating Obongo is going to do an 8 year stint - as long as he's an R & not some bozo described by the Progressives on this forum.

Gerry Clinchy
11-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Problem would be that so far nobody has come up with an R name that sounds like it could really beat Obama in 2012.

The only names mentioned on Medved today were Romney and Pawlenty. I'm not sure either one could win. Looking at the recent elections, it simply amazed me that certain Ds (like Reid & Pelosi) could still win re-election. Granted, Reid had a weak opponent ... with the campaigning that goes on for a Pres election, it would take a really popular (let's hope that also means competent) R to beat an incumbent.

Also mentioned regarding these elections, where the minority vote turned out, especially African-American, the Ds did okay. I'd imagine that those minority voters will turn out more strongly for a Pres election.

Franco
11-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Problem would be that so far nobody has come up with an R name that sounds like it could really beat Obama in 2012.

The only names mentioned on Medved today were Romney and Pawlenty. I'm not sure either one could win. Looking at the recent elections, it simply amazed me that certain Ds (like Reid & Pelosi) could still win re-election. Granted, Reid had a weak opponent ... with the campaigning that goes on for a Pres election, it would take a really popular (let's hope that also means competent) R to beat an incumbent.

Also mentioned regarding these elections, where the minority vote turned out, especially African-American, the Ds did okay. I'd imagine that those minority voters will turn out more strongly for a Pres election.

GOP is going to have to come up with a platform that appeals to women and moderates if they are going to stand a chance of winning. Something they haven't been able to do in the past.

Looks like primetime for an Independent with both parties appearing enemic.

dnf777
11-16-2010, 08:18 PM

Let's hope!

Both parties say they're against irresponsible spending...yet look at the mess we're in! Time to give someone else a chance.

david gibson
11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Let's hope!

Both parties say they're against irresponsible spending...yet look at the mess we're in! Time to give someone else a chance.

exactly! like the tea party!

Gerry Clinchy
11-17-2010, 07:56 AM

I think it would be just as hard to find a strong Independent candidate as a strong R candidate.

Ross Perot was the one Ind candidate that came closest to competing with the two major party candidates. $ was a factor, too. Perot had a lot of $ to put into his campaign. I heard more than one person who very much liked Perot say that they probably wouldn't vote for him because it would be a "wasted" vote because he couldn't possibly win ... could only "weaken" their next-best choice of the remaining candidates.

How does the Independent "party" come up with a platform? Or is it just the platform of the candidate?