PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots TV after watching Palin dance

sinned
11-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey Stan-

you wanna explain how this rabid whack job promotes the caribou barbi cause?

Bristol Palin’s dancing on TV set off man in standoff, complaint says] (http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_992c2354-f294-11df-991b-001cc4c002e0.html)

Standoff ends after 15 hours; man taken into custody (http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_b7b67cac-f17c-11df-8783-001cc4c002e0.html)

Bail set at $1,500 for man reportedly irked at Bristol Palin’s dancing (http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_992c2354-f294-11df-991b-001cc4c002e0.html)

subroc
11-17-2010, 10:45 PM
you lefties are a silly bunch...

because you don't like the politics of someones mother you kill your own television set?

david gibson
11-17-2010, 10:55 PM

because you don't like the politics of someones mother you kill your own television set?

really! i was expecting it to be someone we all know here - whew. but it still wouldnt surprise me......

Buzz
11-17-2010, 11:35 PM

That must explain it.

Or maybe not...

Cowan, who has bipolar disorder

david gibson
11-18-2010, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subroc

That must explain it.

Or maybe not...

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ah yes, there is always an ambiguous lefty throw-down disease at fault - its never ever the individuals responsibility....:rolleyes:

subroc
11-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Bipolar disorder is brought on by lefties just seeing the children of those they disagree with politically

BrianW
11-18-2010, 08:37 AM
His wife wouldn't give him the remote?!?

Didn't see the show, but the pic of her dress makes me want to :barf:

Ken Bora
11-18-2010, 09:09 AM
For those of you who have never shot one. It is fun to shoot televisions.
We usually lug um out to the dump though. Never in the living room.
A friend once shot a toaster oven on the kitchen counter, but that was an accidental discharge.

ErinsEdge
11-18-2010, 09:52 AM
My ex Father-in-law was bi-polar and he heaved 3 TV's into the river out the window. They were the big old fashioned cabinet kind too. I wouldn't put it past him to shoot them either. They kinda do that kind of stuff although it's pretty scary to watch since it was a family trait.

Buzz
11-18-2010, 09:58 AM
My ex Father-in-law was bi-polar and he heaved 3 TV's into the river out the window. They were the big old fashioned cabinet kind too. I wouldn't put it past him to shoot them either. They kinda do that kind of stuff although it's pretty scary to watch since it was a family trait.

Anyone who has actually dealt with someone that has bi-polar disorder would never refer to it as a "lefty throw-down disease."

I agree, it's a pretty scary thing to watch.

zeus3925
11-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:

That must explain it.

Or maybe not...

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ah yes, there is always an ambiguous lefty throw-down disease at fault - its never ever the individuals responsibility....:rolleyes:

If you ever worked with people or know people with bi-polar disorders (formerly known as Manic/Depressive disorder) you would would know it is no laughing matter. It is a serious mental disorder.

My only question is how this guy was able to have a firearm. That is not a righty/lefty type of question but a matter of public and private safety.

Roger Perry
11-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:

That must explain it.

Or maybe not...

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

From what I hear the only reason Bristol is still there is of who her mother is, not how well she can dance.

subroc
11-18-2010, 11:41 AM
From what I hear from my lefty websites the only reason Bristol is still there is of who her mother is, not how well she can dance.

fixed it for ya...

Roger Perry
11-18-2010, 12:07 PM
fixed it for ya...

Bristol has been on the bottom of the voting most every week. However she has been on the bottom more times than she will admit.;)

Blackstone
11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
I saw her dance twice. She wasn't very good. She probably should have been cut before several of the others, especially Brandy. But, it's certainly not worth me shooting my TV over.

luvmylabs23139
11-18-2010, 01:20 PM
From what I hear the only reason Bristol is still there is of who her mother is, not how well she can dance.

Anyone who complains about Bristol still being there could have picked up their phone and voted for the stars they wanted to stay in.
She is only there because of the fan (popular) vote. If you want her gone you should have VOTED for those you wanted to stay.
I wanted her gone because she stunk. At least I voted for who I wanted to stay. Both of the 2 I gave my votes for (you got 5) are still in.

Roger Perry
11-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Anyone who complains about Bristol still being there could have picked up their phone and voted for the stars they wanted to stay in.
She is only there because of the fan (popular) vote. If you want her gone you should have VOTED for those you wanted to stay.
I wanted her gone because she stunk. At least I voted for who I wanted to stay. Both of the 2 I gave my votes for (you got 5) are still in.

I never watched the program so I had no vote. I am just going by what was said on Good Morning America the day(s) after the voting and on the day(s) after who was voted off. I could not dance my way out of a wet paper bag.

BonMallari
11-18-2010, 02:45 PM
I only watch the show because of Brooke Burke....and I voted for Kurt Warner

starjack
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Bristol has been on the bottom of the voting most every week. However she has been on the bottom more times than she will admit.;)

The kid made a mistake and got pregnent. You act like she is the only teenager that did . I rember another thread you started with your same BS. Why dont you get over it.

ErinsEdge
11-18-2010, 05:48 PM
If you ever worked with people or know people with bi-polar disorders (formerly known as Manic/Depressive disorder) you would would know it is no laughing matter. It is a serious mental disorder.

My only question is how this guy was able to have a firearm. That is not a righty/lefty type of question but a matter of public and private safety.
In my case they were hunters. They owned many guns and they are also not under treatment and only the family knows they act out. Ask me how I know. I stashed my ex's guns under the bed in my friends' bedroom.

subroc
11-18-2010, 06:18 PM
...I am just going by what was said on Good Morning America...

I rest my case...

road kill
11-18-2010, 06:22 PM

Classy, very classy!!!;-)

RK

road kill
11-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey Stan-

you wanna explain how this rabid whack job promotes the caribou barbi cause?

Bristol Palin’s dancing on TV set off man in standoff, complaint says] (http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_992c2354-f294-11df-991b-001cc4c002e0.html)

Standoff ends after 15 hours; man taken into custody (http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_b7b67cac-f17c-11df-8783-001cc4c002e0.html)

Bail set at $1,500 for man reportedly irked at Bristol Palin’s dancing (http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_992c2354-f294-11df-991b-001cc4c002e0.html)
I have no idea what you are talking about, that may well make it unanimous!!!:D

RK

Ken Bora
11-20-2010, 10:24 PM
At first glance I was amused there was an rtf potus thread about dancing with the stars.
Now on Fox News (fair and balanced) there is a segment about the terrorist attack on DWTS studio.
Voter fraud allegations, federal investigations and testimony of DWTS past losers!!!!!!
UGH! It is a T.V. Show! I have never seen it, I think it is on when I am at work. I really do not care.
But to read that so many folk care about nothing, to read that folk who do not even bother to vote
For the President vote for their favorite dancers. Over and over with multiple phones.
Robo voting and teens organizing…. Political pundants accusing Mama Palin of influence

How fricken pathetic is our world??????????????????

ducknwork
11-22-2010, 07:17 AM

Extremely!

Roger Perry
11-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Ok all you righties, don't forget to vote for Sarah tonight ---- ah I mean Bristol

PhilBernardi
11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I think all TVs ought to be shot. Grab a book instead! ;)

ducknwork
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Ok all you righties, don't forget to vote for Sarah tonight ---- ah I mean Bristol

I've got better things to do than watch DWTS...I've got to get the boat packed up tonight to go shoot some ducks in the AM.:D:D

dnf777
11-22-2010, 01:15 PM
At first glance I was amused there was an rtf potus thread about dancing with the stars.
Now on Fox News (fair and balanced) there is a segment about the terrorist attack on DWTS studio.
Voter fraud allegations, federal investigations and testimony of DWTS past losers!!!!!!
UGH! It is a T.V. Show! I have never seen it, I think it is on when I am at work. I really do not care.
But to read that so many folk care about nothing, to read that folk who do not even bother to vote
For the President vote for their favorite dancers. Over and over with multiple phones.
Robo voting and teens organizing…. Political pundants accusing Mama Palin of influence

Just came from the store. A good 80% of everyone in there was not just big, but morbidly obese, saw THREE shopping carts with six-packs of soda straddling the cart rails, and the lady in front of me bought 4 packs of Marlboro 100s......at $5.64 apiece!! I felt like the freak buying a loaf of bread and some green beans.

Its very pathetic, and perhaps beyond repair.

depittydawg
11-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Just came from the store. A good 80% of everyone in there was not just big, but morbidly obese, saw THREE shopping carts with six-packs of soda straddling the cart rails, and the lady in front of me bought 4 packs of Marlboro 100s......at $5.64 apiece!! I felt like the freak buying a loaf of bread and some green beans.

Its very pathetic, and perhaps beyond repair.

I try not to judge folks. But I have to admit when I see people so fat they need a cart to roll around on it bothers me. No doubt when they are not eating at Mickey D's they are shopping as you described above.

dnf777
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I try not to judge folks. But I have to admit when I see people so fat they need a cart to roll around on it bothers me. No doubt when they are not eating at Mickey D's they are shopping as you described above.

Likewise. You will never see me ridicule someone who is trying to stay in, or regain shape. (unless I'm looking in a mirror)

A friend of mine from Sri Lanka pointed out that in America we have it backwards. Where he's from, only the rich are "robust"....the poor are very, very thin.

depittydawg
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Likewise. You will never see me ridicule someone who is trying to stay in, or regain shape. (unless I'm looking in a mirror)

A friend of mine from Sri Lanka pointed out that in America we have it backwards. Where he's from, only the rich are "robust"....the poor are very, very thin.

In America the poor eat at fast food. It is the cheapest food out there. Even cheaper than preparing a meal. The poor in America are also more likely to be working many hours with both spouses and don't have time to prepare meals. Fast food equals high carbs and hi fat content. Hence the poor in America are more prone to be gross overweight.

ducknwork
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
In America the poor eat at fast food. It is the cheapest food out there. Even cheaper than preparing a meal. The poor in America are also more likely to be working many hours with both spouses and don't have time to prepare meals. Fast food equals high carbs and hi fat content. Hence the poor in America are more prone to be gross overweight.

That is not even close to being correct. What the poor people who think that fast food is cheap really need is more education in how to shop frugally and prepare healthy meals. A little self pride and common sense wouldn't hurt either.

DNF, do I need to go over the grocery list discussion again with DD?;)

depittydawg
11-22-2010, 03:41 PM
That is not even close to being correct. What the poor people who think that fast food is cheap really need is more education in how to shop frugally and prepare healthy meals. A little self pride and common sense wouldn't hurt either.

Actually it is correct. I've done some research. My wife has done a lot more. These are large numbers and general trends however. And there are always exceptions. I do agree that education is needed. As is better regulation of the food industry.

dnf777
11-22-2010, 03:57 PM

I think you're BOTH correct.

For those willing to do the "work" of preparing food, there are MUCH cheaper ways to shovel protein, carbs, and a little fat into our pie holes, in a healthy manner.

However, for those who aren't willing to put a little effort into it, and prefer processed, boxed meals, yes....it is cheaper to have someone hand you a heart-attack in a bag at your favorite drive thru, compared to many other easy meals.

Duck, you and I agree on this. I am constantly amused when store clerks ask me "what's this??", when they see ginger root, brussel sprouts, lemongrass, etc... Its a sad state of affairs.

depittydawg
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I think you're BOTH correct.

For those willing to do the "work" of preparing food, there are MUCH cheaper ways to shovel protein, carbs, and a little fat into our pie holes, in a healthy manner.

However, for those who aren't willing to put a little effort into it, and prefer processed, boxed meals, yes....it is cheaper to have someone hand you a heart-attack in a bag at your favorite drive thru, compared to many other easy meals.

Duck, you and I agree on this. I am constantly amused when store clerks ask me "what's this??", when they see ginger root, brussel sprouts, lemongrass, etc... Its a sad state of affairs.

You don't have to go to the fast food joint to get the trash anymore either. For example 75 cents for a frozen pizza that is almost all carbs and has so many chemicals I can't even pronounce. Fast, tasty and filling. And about as unhealthy as food gets.
If you want a good wake up call for food in America I recommend the video "Food Inc". There are also many others out there. Lots of things you purchase in the Grocery store are as bad, or worse than Fast Food at Restaurants.

Cody Covey
11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
You don't have to go to the fast food joint to get the trash anymore either. For example 75 cents for a frozen pizza that is almost all carbs and has so many chemicals I can't even pronounce. Fast, tasty and filling. And about as unhealthy as food gets.
If you want a good wake up call for food in America I recommend the video "Food Inc". There are also many others out there. Lots of things you purchase in the Grocery store are as bad, or worse than Fast Food at Restaurants.

As an ex college student ( about to be going back for bachelors though) how dare you make fun of those 75 cent pizza's. Those things taste amazing :)

depittydawg
11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
As an ex college student ( about to be going back for bachelors though) how dare you make fun of those 75 cent pizza's. Those things taste amazing :)

I know, I just ate one yesterday :(

luvmylabs23139
11-22-2010, 07:18 PM

I think DD needs grocery shoppping 101!
What is so hard about bananas are .59 lb vs almost $4 for a bag of doritos that may contain 1 lb. I can buy alot of bananas for 4 bucks. Look at the crap in the cart the next time you are behind that obese person in the checkout line DD.

Ken Bora
11-22-2010, 07:26 PM

Yup, we had a kid working waiting tables a while back while going to school who was from Nigeria. What a great person! Spoke with a heavy British accent “The Queens English!” And he made the same comment. About how only in America were the unemployed fat and driving cars and the working folk are thin (some of us) running and walking all over the roads. It was an interesting point. And get him going on famine relief if you wanted to hear some very politically incorrect stuff! I recall bringing up a UNICEF or Sally Struthers TV commercial one time, “Oh the starving children” I said and he looked at me with this look like I was the most stupid person on earth and said, “Those People, They live in the F___ing desert and all they do is F___!!!! No wonder they are starving!!!” And he wasn’t cold. He was one of the most caring fellers I worked with. He was just painfully practical in his world view.

dnf777
11-22-2010, 07:57 PM
“Those People, They live in the F___ing desert and all they do is F___!!!! No wonder they are starving!!!” And he wasn’t cold. He was one of the most caring fellers I worked with. He was just painfully practical in his world view.

His name wasn't Sam Kinison, was it? ;)

Ken Bora
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
His name is Ndidi Ndimba, and the N’s are silent so in reality his name is Diddi. He thought I had made up the song “Do Wa Diddi, Didi Dum Didi Do." Because I would sing it at work. One day he heard it on an oldies radio station and came in “I Believe You, it is a real song!!!” it was so funny as he thought I was just picking on him.

ducknwork
11-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Actually it is correct. I've done some research. My wife has done a lot more. These are large numbers and general trends however. And there are always exceptions. I do agree that education is needed. As is better regulation of the food industry.

How do you figure it is cheaper to eat out every night than cook? How much would it cost for a family of 5 to eat out at somewhere 'cheap' like McDonald's? 3 meals for 5 at McD's will pay for all my groceries for one week, diapers for two kids included. I would really be interested in how you come up with your numbers that say eating out is cheaper.

depittydawg
11-22-2010, 11:00 PM
How do you figure it is cheaper to eat out every night than cook? How much would it cost for a family of 5 to eat out at somewhere 'cheap' like McDonald's? 3 meals for 5 at McD's will pay for all my groceries for one week, diapers for two kids included. I would really be interested in how you come up with your numbers that say eating out is cheaper.

Its not just that it's cheap. The point I was making (I must have done a poor job of it) is that poorer families are also constrained by time. In most cases it is a single working parent with children or 2 working parents with children. It is also frequent that working poor people work a lot more than the standard 40 hr week. Given these conditions, the consumption of garbage food, whether it comes home cooked via frozen dinners or tainted hamburger; or whether it comes from MdD's or some other joint doesn't really matter. It largely a high fat, high chloresteral diet which leads to all kinds of issues.

david gibson
11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Its not just that it's cheap. The point I was making (I must have done a poor job of it) is that poorer families are also constrained by time. In most cases it is a single working parent with children or 2 working parents with children. It is also frequent that working poor people work a lot more than the standard 40 hr week. Given these conditions, the consumption of garbage food, whether it comes home cooked via frozen dinners or tainted hamburger; or whether it comes from MdD's or some other joint doesn't really matter. It largely a high fat, high chloresteral diet which leads to all kinds of issues.

and its all us right wingers fault!!!!

never mind good solid meals are available at fast food restaurants everywhere. never mind that you can get great meals of steamed veggies and rice at asian restaurants everywhere. never mind that everywhere - even Dominoes - has a salad or something healthier.

its poor parenting. my wife has been with WIC for 28 yrs. she has seen it all, you can lead a horse to water but...... well, you know.

i liken it to giving your dog table scraps - most of us know better, but some still do it - why? because its easy.

so the time constraint is BS. its the education and family values constraint.

depittydawg
11-23-2010, 12:09 AM
and its all us right wingers fault!!!!

i liken it to giving your dog table scraps - most of us know better, but some still do it - why? because its easy.

so the time constraint is BS. its the education and family values constraint.

I find nothing wrong with table scraps for dogs. My last dog lived to be 14 years old. His life expectancy (by breed) was 8. His diet was supplemented with meat scraps and bones and other items from our table. Course we don't eat trash food, and neither did he.

dnf777
11-23-2010, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=david gibson;707904] my wife has been with WIC for 28 yrs. she has seen it all, you can lead a horse to water but...... well, you know.

QUOTE]

Hmmm....so your wife gave us food money for 2 years while I was in college, and now I'm paying her salary for the next 26 years plus pension?

Sounds like we're both buying into a liberal socialist agenda and benefiting from it. :rolleyes:

Clay Rogers
11-23-2010, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=david gibson;707904] my wife has been with WIC for 28 yrs. she has seen it all, you can lead a horse to water but...... well, you know.

QUOTE]

Hmmm....so your wife gave us food money for 2 years while I was in college, and now I'm paying her salary for the next 26 years plus pension?

Sounds like we're both buying into a liberal socialist agenda and benefiting from it. :rolleyes:

This is probably a thread high jack, but anyway, Whats wrong with that?
Is it wrong to work with a company for 30-40 years and expect a retirement plan and healthcare? Isn't that what the american dream is all about? I think so. To me, thats better than taking care of someone for their entire life because they wouldn't work. To me, working all your adult life and expecting to be rewarded with retirement is not liberal at all.

luvmylabs23139
11-23-2010, 09:41 AM

Time is not an excuse. It is all about using your time wisely.
I could say that 2 people making good money but working 60+ hours a week and not getting paid overtime are in the same boat.
Stop making excuses for people eating like crap and feeding their kids crap.
A crockpot is your friend. So is planning in advance and cooking healthy meals that can be frozen on the weekend and then heating them back up in the micro during the week.
How many more execuses are you going to come up with?

dnf777
11-23-2010, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=dnf777;707972]

This is probably a thread high jack, but anyway, Whats wrong with that?
Is it wrong to work with a company for 30-40 years and expect a retirement plan and healthcare? Isn't that what the american dream is all about? I think so. To me, thats better than taking care of someone for their entire life because they wouldn't work. To me, working all your adult life and expecting to be rewarded with retirement is not liberal at all.

Thank you. That is what unions and democrats have been saying for years.

I agree totally with you on that, but some here would consider that socialist views.

ducknwork
11-23-2010, 11:41 AM
A crockpot is your friend. So is planning in advance and cooking healthy meals that can be frozen on the weekend and then heating them back up in the micro during the week.

That is pure genius...

It's all about priorities and many, many people don't have theirs in the right order. I think it all boils down to laziness when people don't choose to make healthier decisions. Also, if these poor families with two parents working so much didn't live beyond their means...I know it isn't all of them that are drinking champagne on a beer budget, but when you choose to spend your money on a car payment or house payment rather than necessities, you have no right to complain.

dnf777
11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
That is pure genius...

It's all about priorities and many, many people don't have theirs in the right order. I think it all boils down to laziness when people don't choose to make healthier decisions. Also, if these poor families with two parents working so much didn't live beyond their means...I know it isn't all of them that are drinking champagne on a beer budget, but when you choose to spend your money on a car payment or house payment rather than necessities, you have no right to complain.

Truer words have never been spoken. I knew there was something I liked about you! ;-)

Our office PA is a very kind, generous person. Her and her husband loaned their neighbor a mortgage payment this summer because they were in trouble and already had their water shut off, and have kids who play with theirs. So to be nice, they paid a past-due mortgage, and take a small monthly payment when they can afford it. They were actually paying them each month as agreed, until one day a new F150 showed up in the driveway, and all the sudden the payments became sporadic!

I told her she may be rewarded in Heaven for her kind deeds, but don't expect any thanks in this world.

Cody Covey
11-23-2010, 02:09 PM
if you order off the dollar menu you would be hard pressed to find a way to feed a family for less than that. you could feed 2 people for like 5-6 dollars. a night. We have 5 dollar pizza places around here that used to feed me dinner in college for 2-3 days ( or one depending on how much basketball i played that day haha) :)

dnf777
11-23-2010, 02:35 PM
if you order off the dollar menu you would be hard pressed to find a way to feed a family for less than that. you could feed 2 people for like 5-6 dollars. a night. We have 5 dollar pizza places around here that used to feed me dinner in college for 2-3 days ( or one depending on how much basketball i played that day haha) :)

In his book "In Defense of Food", Michael Pollan points out that is does require effort to prepare whole foods. With no preservatives and shorter shelf lives, they can be more expensive also. On you way from work to home, he asks that you note how many opportunities there are along the way to get cheap food-without having to get out of your car!

That's not making excuses, but it does help explain how we have become a junk food society, and why our kids' generation will likely not live as long as we do.

ducknwork
11-23-2010, 03:28 PM

Wrong...BTW, don't forget to include the cost of eating out for lunch also!

Last night, my wife made chicken alfredo...

Split chicken breasts (on sale)= about $3
1 lb pasta= about $1
ingredients for homemade alfredo sauce= about $3

Total-- approx. $7

My wife and I each had 2 bowls full, my 2 older kids had seconds, and there is enough for two lunches for one person left over in the fridge. SO, $7 divided by 3 meals=$2.30/meal

4 people ate dinner...$2.30/4 people = $.58/person

There is no way possible that eating out every meal is cheaper than cooking. I'll take that challenge ANY day.

JDogger
11-23-2010, 06:02 PM
No salad?? No veggies??? Tsk...Tsk ;)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/imagesCAMF1YGC.jpg

Ken Bora
11-23-2010, 10:38 PM
There is no way possible that eating out every meal is cheaper than cooking. I'll take that challenge ANY day.

HUSH YOUR MOUTH!!!!!
Stupid people keep my dogs fed and sent me to Field tests and trials!!!
And Bon and a few others here in potus. If everyone ate at home every day I would need a real job!:cool::cool::cool:
Folk stand in line in freezing rain to eat stuff I run my fingers through.
Puts a smile on my face EVERY DAY:D:D:D

ducknwork
11-23-2010, 10:58 PM
HUSH YOUR MOUTH!!!!!
Stupid people keep my dogs fed and sent me to Field tests and trials!!!
And Bon and a few others here in potus. If everyone ate at home every day I would need a real job!:cool::cool::cool:
Folk stand in line in freezing rain to eat stuff I run my fingers through.
Puts a smile on my face EVERY DAY:D:D

I didn't know you were a McDonalds store manager!;)

Ken Bora
11-23-2010, 11:06 PM
No not Mickey D’s
And no dollar menu ether
But they are my brothers J

ducknwork
11-23-2010, 11:14 PM
No not Mickey D’s
And no dollar menu ether
But they are my brothers J

Too bad you can't fix grits right...;):D

Ken Bora
11-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Too bad you can't fix grits right...;):D
Man,
You remember that?
I felt so bad as she sent me some
hi class yellow corn Cree Indian true
real grits and I tried to make um and they were NASTY!!!
I felt so bummed, I know it was me.
I need some girl raised in the south to stir me up some

Buzz
11-23-2010, 11:35 PM
No salad?? No veggies??? Tsk...Tsk ;)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/imagesCAMF1YGC.jpg

Just what I was thinking. I believe there were pretty close to zero grams of fiber in that menu. Shopping needs to take place in the outer aisles. The inner aisle are full of empty carbs.

M&K's Retrievers
11-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Man,
You remember that?

I'm from the South and they taste like Fido's ass.

Ken Bora
11-24-2010, 12:21 AM
.....:D:D;-):cool:.....

M&K's Retrievers
11-24-2010, 12:58 AM
.....:D:D;-):cool:.....

You might try putting your syrup on the grits. It will either make the grits fit to eat but more than likely screw up the syrup.

ducknwork
11-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Just what I was thinking. I believe there were pretty close to zero grams of fiber in that menu. Shopping needs to take place in the outer aisles. The inner aisle are full of empty carbs.

Okay, so we ran out of salad before that meal. If I had added a salad, it may have added a dollar to the cost of the meal. Show me where 4 people can eat out for $8 and have leftovers for lunch the next day.

ducknwork
11-24-2010, 07:25 AM

How do you know what Fido's ass tastes like?:shock:

ducknwork
11-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Man,
You remember that?

Yeah, it was you...Grits for shrimp and grits are waaaay different than breakfast grits. If they are fixed right and you don't like them, your tastebuds are broken...:p I can understand someone not liking breakfast grits, but shrimp and grits grits are amazing...rich, creamy, cheesy...I'm hungry now...

ducknwork
11-24-2010, 07:31 AM

Last night...

Hamburgers, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy w/ cabbage

total cost approx $6/2 meals=$3 per meal/4 people eating dinner=$.75 per person for dinner

Oh, we had some applesauce too. Add another nickel.

road kill
11-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Last night...

Hamburgers, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy w/ cabbage

total cost approx $6/2 meals=$3 per meal/4 people eating dinner=$.75 per person for dinner

Oh, we had some applesauce too. Add another nickel.

Last night....frsh backstraps.

Store $$'s--$.00

Total cost, somewhere around $3,000.00:D

A bargain!!!

RK

Hew
11-24-2010, 08:44 AM

Store $$'s--$.00

A bargain!!!

RK
LOL. My wife is good at that math, too. Before a dinner she once blessed "the $700 wild turkey we're about to eat."

luvmylabs23139
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM

We were comparing eating at home vs fast food. DD was making a thousand exuses for people not cooking at home.
You could tear apart one meal someone ate at home but ;
1. Compare to fast food
2. You are not comparing the food consumed during the day to the garbage eating person.
3. My house,yes the dinner last night wasn't loaded with your fiber obession. However, breakfast was oatmeal. Lunch was salad with fat free cottage cheese. Daily snacks were an apple, 2 bananas and a pear. This was DH's food who was working from home. I had less snacks.

ducknwork
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Store $$'s--$.00

A bargain!!!

RK

It's a very good idea for me to NEVER EVER try to figure out the price per pound of ducks/doves...:(