PDA

View Full Version : Canadian National Master

Labs a mundo
11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
For anyone who has an interest, the 2011 Canadian National Master will be held at Vancouver Island on Aug. 15th to 19th. The test site is Swallowfield near Chemainus British Columbia. These grounds are truely outstanding. They offer lots of natural cover along with marsh and tidal estuary.
The host club, Pacific Rim Hunting Retriever Club will be holding it's annual Spring Hunt Test in early April. It will be a great opportunity to not only qualify your dog but also see how your dog will work in a saltwater tidal environment.
There is plenty of accomodation and RV sites within 5-10 minutes of the grounds.
To the fella that pm'd me,Stan, I apologize for not responding and I hope this provides you with some answers to your questions. At this point in time, with less than 10 post I'm not eligible to respond to PM's.
For everyone else, if you have questions about the event, don't hesitate to ask. I can answer them or direct the questions to our chairman.
We are very excited about hosting this and hope to meet lots of you there!

Debby

HarryWilliams
11-30-2010, 11:22 AM
When is the last day to qualify? Harry

Labs a mundo
11-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Good question Harry. The premium isn't ready yet and the closing date will determine when you need to be qualified by. I suspect it will be sometime around the end of July.

I'll check with the event chairman or secretary and get back to you.
Deb

ricksaway
12-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Hello: My name is Rick Roberts, I am the chairperson for the 2011 Canadian National Master Test and would invite you to contact me directly at ricksaway8@hotmail.com or visit our event website
I am also the Vice President of the Canadian National Master Retriever Club and am very excited at the new opportunity for AKC and CKC dogs to cross qualify to enter each others event.

Labs a mundo
12-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Here is the link to the website: www.cnm2011.com

The premium will be out in early January and will be posted on the Canadian National Master website.

ricksaway
12-16-2010, 12:26 PM
As this is a relatively new event, there has been historicly a small entry of about 30 dogs, with a sucess rate of 30% achieving the title of Canadian National Master Dog. We intend to allow entry of up to 75 dogs this year, so there will be lots of room for our AKC friends to come and try to achieve the hunt the title. We are working on the premium and hope to have it posted in early January 2011.

Good Dogs
12-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Wow. 75 dogs is a normal weekend around here Sounds like a nice relaxing and fun deal. Good luck to all.

T.Marshall
12-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I had a blast this year in Manitoba,so if the job MGDA did is any indicator it will be a huge sucess!!!We are thinking of coming out.

ricksaway
01-04-2011, 01:34 AM
We have limited it to 75 dogs because we believe that, that is about all one set of judges can fairly evaluate in one day without unjustly eliminating dogs just to get fininshed on time. We are not yet big enough to have a second set of judges on hold in case we go over the anticipated number of entries. The number of dogs and teams of judges will probably grow in coming years.
We hope to put on as good an event as MGDA did are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Frank Marx
01-14-2011, 09:59 AM
need five posts

ricksaway
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
We have just posted the premium list and entry form on the event site. Labs Amundo has it posted to link with. I am still short of posting to link it.