PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving!!!!

road kill
11-24-2010, 09:40 AM
I hope all you KLOWNS have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
This KLOWN will!!!

My favorite holiday.
I remember growing up, going to my Grmapa's farm and getting him, his 3 sons (my Uncles) my cousin and my Dad all hunting quail together.
We used English Setters.
That is where my love for the dogs and birds was born.

Then my Grand Ma making the most spectacular dinners using a harvested wild turkey or two with all pies, cakes, bread etc being made on that farm from stuff they grew.
Traditionally we would go racoon hunting the next night.
Gramps also had coon hounds (blue ticks and black and tans).

Life was pretty terrific then for a youngster in awe of all that.

They are all gone now, I am the Grampa of the family.

I will do my best to uphold the mystique and traditions those who held the position before me brought to the day.

I hope each of you have much to be thankful for as I do!!

And be grateful for what you have, worry not for what you don't have!!

5 years ago today......:(

"Keep on keepin' on....."

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!

team Elvis
stan b, the redhead & Elvis

BonMallari
11-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanksgiving means Texas vs Texas A&M....lots of other great games this weekend...Auburn vs Alabama...Oklahoma vs Okla State

Happy Thanksgiving to all here on POTUS and the RTF

Roger Perry
11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving all
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=HY27482779

Buzz
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
I'll enjoy it. Not the grandpa yet, but those days seem to be approaching faster than I'd like. Hope I'm worthy.

The worst part of Thanksgiving for this guy who was born and raised in Detroit is watching my beloved and sad sack Lions get hammered by the Patriots.

menmon
11-24-2010, 11:19 AM
I hope all you KLOWNS have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
This KLOWN will!!!

My favorite holiday.
I remember growing up, going to my Grmapa's farm and getting him, his 3 sons (my Uncles) my cousin and my Dad all hunting quail together.
We used English Setters.
That is where my love for the dogs and birds was born.

Then my Grand Ma making the most spectacular dinners using a harvested wild turkey or two with all pies, cakes, bread etc being made on that farm from stuff they grew.
Traditionally we would go racoon hunting the next night.
Gramps also had coon hounds (blue ticks and black and tans).

Life was pretty terrific then for a youngster in awe of all that.

They are all gone now, I am the Grampa of the family.

I will do my best to uphold the mystique and traditions those who held the position before me brought to the day.

I hope each of you have much to be thankful for as I do!!

And be grateful for what you have, worry not for what you don't have!!

5 years ago today......:(

"Keep on keepin' on....."

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!

team Elvis
stan b, the redhead & Elvis

Happy Thanksgiving RK! I miss mine too, and it is hunting season when I remember them the most.

My dad died when I was 27. He and I were as close as you can get. He was an avid deer hunter and back then they didn't have all the things they do now to hide scent, so he would put a little skunk scent on a Q-tip and stick in his hat as he walk to his deer stand. That smell was always around during hunting season, so now some 20+ years later, when I smell a skunk I think happy thoughts of my dad.

And Texas A&M will be in Austin beating the Hell out of tu!

ducknwork
11-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well! I have so much to be thankful for and I hope you all do also!

starjack
11-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Use to be the hunting. Now both my sons will be back and we can all eat together.

HoosierDoggy?
11-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving All....

Buzz, easy on the Lions....we only win when we're NOT supposed to..;-)

Heres hoping everyone here has a safe and fulfilling holiday.
Now, somebody please pass the gravy.............

depittydawg
11-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I'll enjoy it. Not the grandpa yet, but those days seem to be approaching faster than I'd like. Hope I'm worthy.

The worst part of Thanksgiving for this guy who was born and raised in Detroit is watching my beloved and sad sack Lions get hammered by the Patriots.

Maybe they'll surprise you and stay within a few touchdowns. Happy Thanksgiving All. Enjoy the time with your families. I know I will.

BrianW
11-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all, may you be with those you love and are loved by, if only in your hearts when separated by the miles.
The following was sent to me by a good dog friend of mine

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
- Unknown

Franco
11-25-2010, 02:37 PM
It sure doesn't feel like Thanksgiving, 82 degrees F and lots of sun and it was 73 degress at daybreak. I'm walking around the house wearing shorts and t-shirt!

Broke day in a goose blind. By the time I walked to the pit from my truck I was soaking wet with persperation and the mosquitos were thick.

Then I delivered some Pecan Pies to my favorite nursing home and chatted with some oldtimers that served in WW2. I love thier storties and thanked them again for thier service. They don't remember much but they remember serving.

Getting ready to grill a T-Bone steak then kicking back to watch the Saints spank the Cowpokes;-)

dnf777
11-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Geaux Saints!!

And I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.....even these guys who strayed through our back yard yesterday.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/SDC10332.jpg