PDA

View Full Version : Bama vs Audburn

depittydawg
11-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Nice treat this morning. And Ducks vs Arizona this afternoon. Big games for sure.

Ducks need to show they aren't in the middle of another late season collapse. Auburn needs to step it up a notch against their arch enemy. Bama at home. That's a tall order for any team to prove themselves on that ground.

BonMallari
11-26-2010, 02:24 PM
looks like Auburn and their dream season is about to get run out of the stadium...this will leave the BCS with one of the scenarios they least wanted to see...an undefeated Oregon (if they win out) and TCU and Boise St with unblemished records...someone is going to get robbed, but which will it be ?

Franco
11-26-2010, 02:43 PM
looks like Auburn and their dream season is about to get run out of the stadium...this will leave the BCS with one of the scenarios they least wanted to see...an undefeated Oregon (if they win out) and TCU and Boise St with unblemished records...someone is going to get robbed, but which will it be ?

That would be the 1 loss LSU Tigers that mandandled Bama and lost to Auburn by 7 points!

Oregon vs LSU would be the two best teams.

depittydawg
11-26-2010, 03:39 PM
That would be the 1 loss LSU Tigers that mandandled Bama and lost to Auburn by 7 points!

Oregon vs LSU would be the two best teams.

There are quite a few good teams with 1 loss. LSU has a meeting with the razorbacks to settle. And if Oregon wins tonight, they still have the Civil War to survive. Oregon State will pull out all stops to spoil the Ducks run for glory.

road kill
11-26-2010, 03:53 PM
There are quite a few good teams with 1 loss. LSU has a meeting with the razorbacks to settle. And if Oregon wins tonight, they still have the Civil War to survive. Oregon State will pull out all stops to spoil the Ducks run for glory.

Just out of curiosity, where is Audburn located??:confused:

Or, was that just a slip of the finger???

Is it anywhere near North Korea??:D

RK

BonMallari
11-26-2010, 04:11 PM
looks like I wrote off Auburn too soon...we got ourselves a ball game...

depittydawg
11-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, where is Audburn located??:confused:

Or, was that just a slip of the finger???

Is it anywhere near North Korea??:D

RK

Audburn is in Alibama. :)

Franco
11-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Audburn is in Alibama. :)

Halfway between Greenbo and Walmart, Al.;-)

BonMallari
11-26-2010, 05:10 PM
what a comeback by Auburn....one of the great games of the year

depittydawg
11-26-2010, 05:14 PM
what a comeback by Auburn....one of the great games of the year

No doubt. Auburn is a class act. Obviously Alabama is not the team they were last year despite their early season ranking in the top spot. Auburn - Oregon will be quite a show if it comes to be.

BonMallari
11-26-2010, 05:20 PM
No doubt. Auburn is a class act. Obviously Alabama is not the team they were last year despite their early season ranking in the top spot. Auburn - Oregon will be quite a show if it comes to be.

Auburn is led by a classy coach in Gene Chizik...funny about the early season rankings...Alabama ends up with 3 losses, my Longhorns with an embarrassing 5-7 record

the exhale you just heard was the BCS committee letting out a big sigh of relief

dnf777
11-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Too bad for McElroy. Once he remembers who he is and what he wants to do again, he'll see his NFL career just became a long shot, with all the concussion awareness going about. Helluva QB.

BonMallari
11-26-2010, 05:55 PM
McElroy is a winner,I wouldnt mind seeing him in a Cowboys uniform, he is from Southlake Carroll HS in Dallas and grew up minutes from Texas stadium...of course I wouldnt mind Cam Newton in a Cowboys uniform either

Leddyman
11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Auburn crushes Oregon and shows that the SEC definitely is better than all those western teams that go undefeated in weaker conferences.

Sorry! I was just looking in my crystal ball and talking out loud.

Franco
11-26-2010, 07:31 PM
McElroy is a winner,I wouldnt mind seeing him in a Cowboys uniform, he is from Southlake Carroll HS in Dallas and grew up minutes from Texas stadium...of course I wouldnt mind Cam Newton in a Cowboys uniform either

Speaking of Southlake Carroll, our kicker, long snapper and holder are all from that High School. Not to mention our undersized QB was born in Dallas.;-)

depittydawg
11-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Auburn crushes Oregon and shows that the SEC definitely is better than all those western teams that go undefeated in weaker conferences.

Sorry! I was just looking in my crystal ball and talking out loud.

Well if they're going to crush Oregon, they better be ready to score about 75 points.

Pac 10 a weak conference? Hmmm, Oregon 11-0 ranked #1 in the nation. Stanford has only 1 loss. That to Oregon. Several very good teams in California and Arizona... Hell even the Beavers came close to beating TCU and they're 500 in the conference. Don't think that qualifies as a weak conference. ;-)

Franco
11-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Looks like Boise State turned out to be imposters;-) Losing to that powerhouse known as Nevada:rolleyes:

depittydawg
11-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Looks like Boise State turned out to be imposters;-) Losing to that powerhouse known as Nevada:rolleyes:

Now thats a tough loss for Boise. No doubt the greatest victory ever for Nevada. Boise has one of the best teams in the country and could beat anyone on a given day. Their 24 game win streak is impressive.
Franco, you'll find this article interesting.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2010/11/27/1838333/nevada-beats-boise-state-what-does-it-mean-for-the-sec

Franco
11-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Now thats a tough loss for Boise. No doubt the greatest victory ever for Nevada. Boise has one of the best teams in the country and could beat anyone on a given day. Their 24 game win streak is impressive.
Franco, you'll find this article interesting.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2010/11/27/1838333/nevada-beats-boise-state-what-does-it-mean-for-the-sec

I think Oregon V Auburn for the entire enchalada is a done deal. Oregon doesn't play a conference championship game and I can't see any way Auburn loses to S Carolina.

That means I get to see the real Tigers, the ones from LSU play in the Sugar. That is if the can beat 12th ranked Arkansas later today. That will be tough game as the Razorbacks have adopted LSU as a rivalry. We consider Bama to be our annual rivalry. Best I can hope for is LSU vs TCU and the SEC finishing #1 and #2 in the final poll.

Never in my wildest imagination did I think LSU would go this far, this season. QB has been thier weak spot for the last two seasons. We have Phillip River's younger brother coming to LSU next season as a recruit. I would rather seem him start next season over the current J Jefferson.

BonMallari
11-27-2010, 11:52 AM
I think Oregon V Auburn for the entire enchalada is a done deal. Oregon doesn't play a conference championship game and I can't see any way Auburn loses to S Carolina.

That means I get to see the real Tigers, the ones from LSU play in the Sugar. That is if the can beat 12th ranked Arkansas later today. That will be tough game as the Razorbacks have adopted LSU as a rivalry. We consider Bama to be our annual rivalry. Best I can hope for is LSU vs TCU and the SEC finishing #1 and #2 in the final poll.

Never in my wildest imagination did I think LSU would go this far, this season. QB has been thier weak spot for the last two seasons. We have Phillip River's younger brother coming to LSU next season as a recruit. I would rather seem him start next season over the current J Jefferson.

what happened to recruiting Zach Lee from McKinney Tx...did he opt out and take the baseball money from whatever team drafted him (it might have been my Dodgers) I thought he was committed to LSU and promised that he wouldnt be redshirted and given a shot at the starting QB position

tough game this afternoon...13 million on the line..win it and you do no worse than a BCS at large game..I think it come down to which Ryan Mallet shows up for the Hogs, Petrino teams never play defense, they just try and outscore you

I am not convinced that anyone has an answer to stopping that Oregon offense..just a juggernaut

Franco
11-27-2010, 02:09 PM
what happened to recruiting Zach Lee from McKinney Tx...did he opt out and take the baseball money from whatever team drafted him (it might have been my Dodgers) I thought he was committed to LSU and promised that he wouldnt be redshirted and given a shot at the starting QB position

tough game this afternoon...13 million on the line..win it and you do no worse than a BCS at large game..I think it come down to which Ryan Mallet shows up for the Hogs, Petrino teams never play defense, they just try and outscore you

I am not convinced that anyone has an answer to stopping that Oregon offense..just a juggernaut

I haven't heard anything about Lee, just that the Rivers letter of intent made the news.

One thing about the better SEC teams, they play bigtime and fast D! LSU is sure to have three D players go in the first round of the NFL draft. I don't think the Ducks have faced a D the likes of LSU's or Bama's. Auburn has been winning with O.

BonMallari
11-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Soooooey, soooooey pig....

Franco
11-27-2010, 06:25 PM
I just hope that whatever bowl game they play in will be J Jefferson's last game in a Tiger uniform!:mad:

Uncle Bill
11-28-2010, 12:39 PM
I just hope that whatever bowl game they play in will be J Jefferson's last game in a Tiger uniform!:mad:

I'm hoping they get paired with Boise State. Heh heh heh heh

And I'd bet Oklahoma would be in favor of that too, so they wouldn't be the only team to have been embarrassed by that dinky little school. ;-)

UB

Marvin S
11-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm hoping they get paired with Boise State. Heh heh heh heh

And I'd bet Oklahoma would be in favor of that too, so they wouldn't be the only team to have been embarrassed by that dinky little school. ;-)

UB

Personally, I would like to see BS u play somebody who definitely is a top flight program that is having a good year. Now that coaches understand their tricky little stuff I'd expect they might not go home quite as inflated as some have made them.

UB, you left out Virginia Tech, though I don't think the team BS u saw was the one on the field yesterday.

Franco
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
If BS was paired with LSU, I'll bet $ that LSU's D holds them to under 8 points.

Les Miles' bowl record over the last 5 seasons is unsurpassed.

;-)

Uncle Bill
11-28-2010, 05:35 PM
If BS was paired with LSU, I'll bet $ that LSU's D holds them to under 8 points.

Les Miles' bowl record over the last 5 seasons is unsurpassed.

;-)

Let's await the pairings. Could be interesting...and I'll take that O/U.

UB

road kill
11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
How about WISCONSIN against Audburn?????

I know it's Auburn, but read the title.

RK

BonMallari
11-28-2010, 05:57 PM
How about WISCONSIN against Audburn?????

I know it's Auburn, but read the title.

RK

dont think many want to play a physical team like Wisconsin...the only thing that may hurt them is that they will have a month off, but it might get John Clay healthy...the way his replacements have played he may not get back into the starting lineup...they have a smart QB who always seems to make the smart throw

Franco
11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Wisconsin???

The Big 10 is as poor as the Pac 10!

:-P

SEC...getting redy to make it 5 National Championships in a row.

In colligate football, no conference ever won more than 2 in a row in the modern era. Modern era means post leather helmet days;-)

depittydawg
11-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Wisconsin???

The Big 10 is as poor as the Pac 10!

:-P

SEC...getting redy to make it 5 National Championships in a row.

In colligate football, no conference ever won more than 2 in a row in the modern era. Modern era means post leather helmet days;-)

Naysayers. Two PAC 10 teams in the top five. Yeah, that's a pretty 'poor' conference all right. Moving Auburn up after they choked so bad in the first half and almost lost to an overrated Alabama team is undeserving. 2 ten thousandths of a point separates the two teams. Being overlooked and underrated again can only serve to add some attitude to the Ducks. I like this spot.