PDA

View Full Version : have you read the Constitution?

Juli H
11-28-2010, 08:51 PM
just seeing how many on POTUS have actually read the constitution.

Count me as one.

david gibson
11-28-2010, 08:52 PM
me as well

Juli H
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm all for a Constitution discussion. I find it a fascinating piece of writing. Sometimes hard for my wee brain to decipher. LOL

Juli

Dman
11-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm all for a Constitution discussion. I find it a fascinating piece of writing. Sometimes hard for my wee brain to decipher. LOL

Juli

Juli,

Most of it is not very complicated and very sinple. Their language is a little different.

Juli H
11-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree that, for the most part, it is simple. Some parts have such different use of language that it took me a couple times reading to fully understand. LOL

depittydawg
11-28-2010, 09:45 PM
just seeing how many on POTUS have actually read the constitution.

Count me as one.

I've read it a several times over the years. I believe it is what has made America a great nation.

dnf777
11-28-2010, 10:50 PM
When you read it, have the federalist papers at hand also.

zeus3925
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Read it and studied it many times.

ducknwork
11-29-2010, 07:20 AM
If our congress or president doesn't have to read it, neither do I!!:p

subroc
11-29-2010, 07:39 AM
well, here it is:

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

BrianW
11-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Yes, and have the pdf "bookmarked" near the top of th list for handy reference!

Fascinating how men could write a document so well over 200 years ago to still have it relevant to today's issues.

Tim Thomas
11-29-2010, 08:57 AM

Fascinating how men could write a document so well over 200 years ago to still have it relevant to today's issues.

Absolutely....and even more facinating, The Bible.

menmon
11-29-2010, 11:06 AM

The crafters were Masons, and it is built on equality of men and tolorance. This is why it has stood the test of time.

road kill
11-29-2010, 11:07 AM
The crafters were Masons, and it is built on equality of men and tolorance. This is why it has stood the test of time.

Weren't they actually "Free Masons??"

And isn't that an evil organization??:D

RK

menmon
11-29-2010, 11:23 AM

RK

Free and Accepted!

Yes but don't tell anyone;-)

luvmylabs23139
11-29-2010, 11:34 AM
I've read it many times. I have no idea how half of the crap that happens in this country stands up to the word of the constitution. Screw this lberal change the words BS.
NO it does not say the gov't can steal my money and gve it to welfare slime. Nowhere does t say that my money should be taken from me and given to someone who can't keep their legs crossed and multiplies like a damn rabbit.

It is not a living document that should be changed.

menmon
11-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I've read it many times. I have no idea how half of the crap that happens in this country stands up to the word of the constitution. Screw this lberal change the words BS.
NO it does not say the gov't can steal my money and gve it to welfare slime. Nowhere does t say that my money should be taken from me and given to someone who can't keep their legs crossed and multiplies like a damn rabbit.

It is not a living document that should be changed.

The problem we have today is that we have too many people and not enough work for them. This is where Europe was when they came to America and have been since.

I don't like seeing someone not work for what they have either, but I don't like helpless children going without more, so I accept it. Furthermore, I know that if we did not have social programs. There would be other problems bigger than some of my tax dollars being spent on wellfare for the lazy and igorant.

luvmylabs23139
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
The problem we have today is that we have too many people and not enough work for them. This is where Europe was when they came to America and have been since.

I don't like seeing someone not work for what they have either, but I don't like helpless children going without more, so I accept it. Furthermore, I know that if we did not have social programs. There would be other problems bigger than some of my tax dollars being spent on wellfare for the lazy and igorant.

So why not just impose a reasonable spay neuter program for anyone that has one kid they can;t or will not pay for. Afterall the gov't is trying to force responsible dog owners who will pay for the pups they breed to do that.
One kid you want gov't money for you are spayed or neutered or both. Save my tax dollars and enforce responsible breeding!

luvmylabs23139
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM

If you want to pay for their spawn go for it. Just don't steal my money to do it.
Use your own damn money and leave mine alone. I don;t work to pay for other people especially mutiplying like rabbit slime.

dnf777
11-29-2010, 02:36 PM

RK

Some Masonic literature quotes up to fifty signers of the Declaration of Independence were Masons, but only 9 can be confirmed by records. There is speculation that Jefferson was a Mason, but that cannot be proven or disproven. Revolutionaries that are known to have been Masons are Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, Paul Revere, John Marshall, Joseph Warren, and John Paul Jones.

Washington, Truman, FDR, and Andres Jackson were a few of the more notable Masonic presidents.

What I find most interesting, is that Washington laid the cornerstone for the nations capitol in full Masonic regalia and ceremony.

menmon
11-29-2010, 02:40 PM
So why not just impose a reasonable spay neuter program for anyone that has one kid they can;t or will not pay for. Afterall the gov't is trying to force responsible dog owners who will pay for the pups they breed to do that.
One kid you want gov't money for you are spayed or neutered or both. Save my tax dollars and enforce responsible breeding!

That all sounds fine, but let me give you an example of how it would not be fine.

You lost your job from the recent downturn and you have gone through all your savings and your unemployment insurance has run out and you find out your wife is pregnant and your parents are dead, so only person you can turn to is the government medicad and foodstamps to get by. But to receive help you have to agree to sterilization, so you accept it based on those circumstances. Now 5 years later, you have graduated with an accounting degree from the local university and have gotten a really good paying job and would like to have more kids, but you can't, because there was a price for charity.

Life has been good to me, but I know in the blink of an eye that I can be homeless with no options. So if some of my money is used for this purpose, I'm ok with it because I can be that person under different circumstances.

Juli H
11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

can someone explain how this pertains to the funding of the military?

Juli

Juli H
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

can someone explain how this pertains to the funding of the military?

Juli

an interesting write-up..

http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0612d.asp