PDA

View Full Version : Traffic will be a nightmare

luvmylabs23139
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
BUMFACE will be in my neck of the woods on Monday. Yuck. It was bad enough when Biden came to town last year to speak at Wake Forest graduation. I was at a dead stop for 1/2 an hour before his car went by. All traffic dead stop. I missed getting thru by 2 seconds. That made me late for dog training.:(:(:( I wish they would hurry up and anounce exactly where and when so I can plan alternate routes to avoid the main area.

ducknwork
12-02-2010, 05:12 AM
If duck season wasn't going out on Sat, I'd tell you to come down here and we'll kill some ducks to get you away from the madness.

luvmylabs23139
12-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah, that would be fun as long as you touch the dead ducks! I now know where he will be but not when. It is very close to where Magic and I are suposed to be Monday morning. Based on what happened with BIden I can tell you it will be a nightmare. He will be extremely close to one of the big hospitals and the huge shopping and mall area.
I'm really thinking about cancelling our TDI work for that day. If it were not for Magic working at the medical complex I could just avoid the entire area. They will mess up everyones holiday shopping that day. That will hurt the economy and he's suposed to be talking about the economy. What a darn joke.
So when I cancel and get asked by patients on Wed why we were not there I will tell them it was because of that BUNFACE!

ducknwork
12-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, that would be fun as long as you touch the dead ducks!

Don't worry. I won't make you fetch them!

That is what the dog is for...;):D

dnf777
12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Don't worry. I won't make you fetch them!

That is what the dog is for...;):D

Yes, but where will a well-trained retriever deposit said ducks?

I honestly didn't realize anyone on the Retriever Training Forum was averse to touching dead ducks!

road kill
12-02-2010, 01:29 PM

I honestly didn't realize anyone on the Retriever Training Forum was averse to touching dead ducks!

Pretty amazing, ain't it?

RK

ducknwork
12-02-2010, 02:10 PM

She just eats them on the way in. My dog, not luv, that is.:p

Before you guys go complaining about wasting game, just remember, my dog has to eat too! There are plenty of benefits to her eating my birds for me. I save money on dog food, I get to keep shooting past my limit, the GW can't prove that I shot a black duck out of season...the list goes on.

As far as the touching dead ducks thing, I would venture to say that there are some on here that have never even seen a dead duck...

road kill
12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
She just eats them on the way in. My dog, not luv, that is.:p

Before you guys go complaining about wasting game, just remember, my dog has to eat too! There are plenty of benefits to her eating my birds for me. I save money on dog food, I get to keep shooting past my limit, the GW can't prove that I shot a black duck out of season...the list goes on.

As far as the touching dead ducks thing, I would venture to say that there are some on here that have never even seen a dead duck...
I had a GR once that ate the bird in a Derby!!

I asked the judge if we were out, he laughed put his hand on my shoulder and said "yeah, pretty much unless you can stick your arm up that dogs ass and pull the bird out!!"

Just sayin'............

RK

ducknwork
12-02-2010, 02:14 PM
If you hadn't ran him half starved looking like a mid-winter eastern nc deer hound, he might not have had to resort to chowing down on that duck...;)

luvmylabs23139
12-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Yup, I am. Don't worry they get dead ducks with DH. Long story short.
We had laying hens. Came home from work one day and something had gotten to them. There was blood, feathers, dead birds, pieces of dead birds everywhere in the barn. Hubby was out of town so I had full clean up duty. It was summer so I couldn't leave the mess until he got back. Since then I just can't touch a dead bird unless it is ready to go in the oven.

road kill
12-02-2010, 04:58 PM
If you hadn't ran him half starved looking like a mid-winter eastern nc deer hound, he might not have had to resort to chowing down on that duck...;)

I'll never forget the fire in his eyes and hearing those little bones crunching!!

That was a hell of a dog!!:cool:

RK

luvmylabs23139
12-02-2010, 04:59 PM

I'd also be willing to bet that there are people on here who have never done any of the training for their dogs.
My dogs hunt with DH but he did almost none of the actual training. I'm the main dog trainer in the house.

dnf777
12-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Yup, I am. Don't worry they get dead ducks with DH. Long story short.
We had laying hens. Came home from work one day and something had gotten to them. There was blood, feathers, dead birds, pieces of dead birds everywhere in the barn. Hubby was out of town so I had full clean up duty. It was summer so I couldn't leave the mess until he got back. Since then I just can't touch a dead bird unless it is ready to go in the oven.

We had the same thing happen this past year. Came home, let the chickens out to range, and two hours later it looked like the poultry version of Texas chainsaw massacre! 12 carcasses in all. Only two survivors, and we then got attached to them and even named them. And like Willie said, don't ever name something you plan on eatin'.

Anyhoo, two days later, a metal gate I'd left leaning up against a fence in the pasture apparently just fell over, landed on a fox, and killed it. I thought it was a freak accident, but my wife is convinced it was "foul" play.

I never saw a fox up close before, and let me tell you, they got some TEETH!
His skull now adorns my mancave wall.

ducknwork
12-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Hmmm. That chicken slaughter sounds like the work of the notorious chupacabra!!:eek: