PDA

View Full Version : As a Former.....

road kill
12-03-2010, 06:04 PM
....Coastie, I take offense.

Obama forgets the Coast Guard

President Obama needed a little help from the troops in Afghanistan on Friday as he thanked the military branches for their work but forgot to mention the Coast Guard.

“I think we've got every service here tonight,” Obama said at Bagram Air Base. He then called on the branches as their members cheered: “We’ve got Army. We’ve got Navy. We’ve got Air Force. I think we may have a few Marines around, too.”

Obama continued, “And a whole lot of folks from the 101st Airborne Division, the Screaming Eagles.”

Moving to his remarks, Obama said, “Now, here in Afghanistan ...” Then, someone in the crowd shouted out, “Coast Guard!”

“Coast Guard?” Obama repeated. “Is that what I heard?”

After several seconds of nervous laughter among Obama and the troops, he continued with his remarks. “Here in Afghanistan, all of you are part of one team,” he said. “Serving together, succeeding together.”

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1210/is_that_what_i_heard_60e2e663-3a68-4616-a7ee-2413fe2c3461.html

Joe S.
12-03-2010, 06:09 PM

I NEVER saw that coming. :cool:;-)

Thanks For Serving Regards,

Joe S.

Marvin S
12-03-2010, 06:38 PM
At the dedication of our Veterans Memorial November 7th our left wing Mayor left out the Vietnam Vets :(. Needless to say she was reminded quickly when she went on with her speech.

She claims it's because she didn't have her glasses, but I personally think it's because she doesn't like Vets. But, I :), of all the wars you don't want to forget it's that one. Those conscripted Vets took a lot of unnecessary crap from people of her type & they didn't have a choice, other than go to Canada :(.

Roger Perry
12-04-2010, 09:54 AM

Obama forgets the Coast Guard

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1210/is_that_what_i_heard_60e2e663-3a68-4616-a7ee-2413fe2c3461.html

I see you righties are real quick to point out Obama's mistakes but have a blind eye to any republican mistakes including the last President.:confused:

road kill
12-04-2010, 11:07 AM
I see you righties are real quick to point out Obama's mistakes but have a blind eye to any republican mistakes including the last President.:confused:

This is the only President that I know of that dissed the U.S Coast Guard since I have been a veteran.
If you know of one post uo the quote......otherwise STFU!!:D

RK

dnf777
12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
This is the only President that I know of that dissed the U.S Coast Guard since I have been a veteran.
If you know of one post uo the quote......otherwise STFU!!:D

RK

Sorry you got dissed. FWIW, I think the USCG kicks a$$!

My last three trips to the beach, I walked to the local USCG station and talked with the guys. (Erie, Manasquan Inlet, NJ, and Kauai, HI) They are true professionals, who's duty calls them to sea, when most people stay away.