PDA

View Full Version : Will The NFL Suspend Brett ?

Franco
12-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I thought he had already bought her off(settled). Guess I was wrong.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sterger-won-t-sue-as-long-as-Brett-Favre-is-sus;_ylt=AoJ3v7NUaVIG_3KzdHNUmzQ5nYcB?urn=nfl-293917

BonMallari
12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
not with an active game streak alive....they will drag it out and make a ruling after the season's end, which incidently will also be the end of his career

Ken Bora
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
He is STARTING!!!!!!!!!
This should be a great Monday Night game

Franco
12-20-2010, 10:56 PM
If Dandy Don Merideth were the Color Analysis tonight, he'd be singing, "turn off the lights, the partees over". ;-)

duk4me
12-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Brett Favorite 1st retirement last pass inteception, 2nd retirement last pass interception, 3rd retirement last pass interception, 4th retirement last pass concussion. 100 yr career 1 superbowl.....thanks for the SB Reggie.

I'd rather listen to Allen Iverson talk about practice than this prima donna talk about his texting skills.:rolleyes:

subroc
12-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Jenn Sterger

http://jetstwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Sterger-5.jpg

road kill
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Brett Favorite 1st retirement last pass inteception, 2nd retirement last pass interception, 3rd retirement last pass interception, 4th retirement last pass concussion. 100 yr career 1 superbowl.....thanks for the SB Reggie.

I'd rather listen to Allen Iverson talk about practice than this prima donna talk about his texting skills.:rolleyes:

2 words, TONY ROMO!!!:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

RK

duk4me
12-22-2010, 04:31 PM
2 words, TONY ROMO!!!:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

RK

RK

How can you defend him after he held your franchise hostage for years? He ain't Bart Star. He insulted the second greatest franchise in NFL history.

If Dandy Don, Roger, or Troy left and played for the Iggles I would dissssssown them. Matter of fact Emmit had to apologize before I forgave him.

As far as Tony Romo goes, well I ain't seen much better from that Rogers guy. Great talent not much hardware.

Sad thing is our teams will both be on the couch for the playoffs.

Franco
12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Word on da street is that Donavan McNabb is available.

He doesn't mind playing in the snow, likes cheese too. He also says he likes Jerry World and cowpatties!

duk4me
12-22-2010, 04:58 PM

He doesn't mind playing in the snow, likes cheese too. He also says he likes Jerry World and cowpatties!

Booty enjoy your moment in the sun. If Jerry had any sense your coach and qb would be in big D.......my bad.....if Jerry had any sense. :(

road kill
12-22-2010, 05:00 PM

I have read he is already talking with the Vikes.

RK

road kill
12-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Booty enjoy your moment in the sun. If Jerry had any sense your coach and qb would be in big D.......my bad.....if Jerry had any sense. :(

Yeah, remember the "Ice Bowl??"

The NFL was invented last year regards.........

RK

Franco
12-22-2010, 05:02 PM

Yes, I'm happy he didn't try and keep Sean P in Dallas.

However, Sean Peyton is/was a Romo fan(its an eastern Illinois thang) and tried to get Romo to the Saints. Drew Brees was his second choice.

Where do the Steelers fit in as the greatest NFL Franchise? I have them ranked as #1.

P S
I really enjoyed Drew's monalog on Troy Aikman when Troy was selected as the 83rd best player in NFL history (NFL Channel)

Drew said, "Having been born in Dallas and growing up a huge Cowboys fan, I really looked up to Troy"!!!

Yet, he was shunned by every major U in Texas and wasn't even considered by the Cowboys in the draft, Drew was the 32nd pick.

duk4me
12-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, remember the "Ice Bowl??"

The NFL was invented last year regards.........

RK

I referenced Bart but ya'll cheated us out of that one anyway.

duk4me
12-22-2010, 05:09 PM

However, Sean Peyton is/was a Romo fan(its an eastern Illinois thang) and tried to get Romo to the Saints. Drew Brees was his second choice.

Where do the Steelers fit in as the greatest NFL Franchise? I have them ranked as #1.

Yes Steelers first Green Bay second, Cowboys 49ers pick em third. Not unrealistic only a homer. ;-) BTW GB would be first if favorite hadn't held them back.:-P:-P:-P

road kill
12-22-2010, 05:10 PM

However, Sean Payton is/was a Romo fan(its an eastern Illinois thang) and tried to get Romo to the Saints. Drew Brees was his second choice.

The first 40 years of the Steelers existence was futile.
Prior to the 70's they were awful.

The Bearssssss have to be up there.
NY Giants
Cleveland Browns
Baltimore Colts

Not so much for the Rams though.

Kinda hard to argue with 14 world championships though.

RK

road kill
12-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes Steelers first Green Bay second, Cowboys 49ers pick em third. Not unrealistic only a homer. ;-) BTW GB would be first if favorite hadn't held them back.:-P:-P:-P

Yeah, those 14 WC's are weak aren't they??

RK

Franco
12-22-2010, 05:13 PM

RK

and, only 12 -16 NFL teams back then. Those were much different times.

duk4me
12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
The first 40 years of the Steelers existence was futile.
Prior to the 70's they were awful.

The Bearssssss have to be up there.
NY Giants
Cleveland Browns
Baltimore Colts

Not so much for the Rams though.

RK

I,m speaking of SB era only. Born in 60 can't have an opinion of before tv was invented.:p

road kill
12-22-2010, 05:16 PM
and, only 12 -16 NFL teams back then. Those were much different times.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the NFL was invented last year, I know.

You can't dismiss 50 years of building tradition.

Well, I guess you can, I respect it.

RK

Franco
12-22-2010, 05:48 PM
I respect the packers history. I was a fan of thiers when Jimmy Taylor was toting the rock.

However, the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Patriots and few other teams need domed stadiums!!! :p

BonMallari
12-29-2010, 04:03 PM
a 50k fine...he probably has that in his checking acct...wonder if they paid Sterger to go away

Franco
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
The 50k fine was for not cooperating with the NFL investigation. The NFL said they found no evidence to support the chick's complaint based on the info they have.

Brett couldn't have bought that much pubicity for 50K!

BonMallari
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
the investigation probably cost the league five times that much

dnf777
12-29-2010, 04:27 PM
I respect the packers history. I was a fan of thiers when Jimmy Taylor was toting the rock.

However, the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Patriots and few other teams need domed stadiums!!! :p

Why?

I think it should be an NFL rule: Real grass. No roof.

david gibson
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
ever been to an afternoon game in houston in august or september?

real grass and a roof regards....

Franco
12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Why?

I think it should be an NFL rule: Real grass. No roof.

For my answer to that, see the Wusses thread!

Oh, and while we are at it, lets bring back leather helmets, bigger footballs and the Flying Wedge.

BonMallari
12-29-2010, 06:46 PM

Oh, and while we are at it, lets bring back leather helmets, bigger footballs and the Flying Wedge.

then you are talking rugby and I dont know many wimps that play that game

dnf777
12-29-2010, 06:52 PM

I think leather helmets are a great idea. There is NO BETTER WAY to limit concussions, than to de-weaponize the helmet. The soft padding is what protects against concussion. The hard shell is great if you're going down the highway, but not necessary on a grass field, and only contributes to injury.

I think domed, climate controlled stadiums are STUPID! Not to mention a colossal waste of energy, which contributes to foreign energy dependency.
You still have to tailgate and walk miles in the freezing cold. So what do you do with your 6 layers when you get in the comfy stadium seat? Or will they have valets to take our coats and serve caviar and Absinthe?

dnf777
12-29-2010, 06:55 PM
ever been to an afternoon game in houston in august or september?

real grass and a roof regards....

Yes I have. And also witnessed the ONLY good reason for a roof. Saw Ray Guy hit the rafters of the Astrodome with a short yardage punt.

Also got to see Jack Lambert open-field tackle Earl Campbell, one on one.

Don't get to see either of those things happen very often!

road kill
12-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Yes I have. And also witnessed the ONLY good reason for a roof. Saw Ray Guy hit the rafters of the Astrodome with a short yardage punt.

Also got to see Jack Lambert open-field tackle Earl Campbell, one on one.

Don't get to see either of those things happen very often!

Ahhhh yes;
Lambert--Ham---Russell

They would be getting fines every week for hitting to hard!!:cool:

RK

road kill
12-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I was told that the reason there would be no fines is because;

#1--If you did an investigation and fined every player in the NFL that speaks out of turn to a cheerleader, there might omly be 5 guys suit up on a given Sun.

#2--Jen has issues

#3--WTH are cheerleaders for anyways???

#4--The Jets have issues (look at their season, locker room reporter issues, texting cheerleader issue, knee issue and foot issues)

RK

Franco
12-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Sheet, I saw Vince Lombardi lead his Washington Redskins into old Tulane Stadium on a September afternoon. The sun was broiling hot, absolutly brutal with 70% humidity! Saints won the game and fans realized we needed to play in the shade and with air conditioning;-)

road kill
12-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Sheet, I saw Vince Lombardi lead his Washington Redskins into old Tulane Stadium on a September afternoon. The sun was broiling hot, absolutly brutal with 70% humidity! Saints won the game and fans realized we needed to play in the shade and with air conditioning;-)

WUSSES!!!:cool:

RK

Franco
12-29-2010, 08:39 PM
WUSSES!!!:cool:

RK

For all the money and time it takes to attend an NFL game, I want convenience and comfort. ;-) I want the game to be the experience and not the elements.

dnf777
12-29-2010, 08:49 PM
For all the money and time it takes to attend an NFL game, I want convenience and comfort. ;-) I want the game to be the experience and not the elements.

I hope you don't shoot ducks out the window of a Holiday Inn Express. Duck hunting takes lots of money and time too!

:D You know I'm just ribbin' ya?

Man, I hate getting the bottom of my boat muddy!

Franco
12-29-2010, 09:09 PM
I hope you don't shoot ducks out the window of a Holiday Inn Express. Duck hunting takes lots of money and time too!

:D You know I'm just ribbin' ya?

Man, I hate getting the bottom of my boat muddy!

I goose hunted Monday monring in 27 degree weather!!! There was actually ice in the rice field and the plowed dirt behind us was frozen too. Nothing like a little propane heat in the pit;-) and a pit to get out of the wind!

Its just the way we roll:rolleyes:

dnf777
12-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I goose hunted Monday monring in 27 degree weather!!! There was actually ice in the rice field and the plowed dirt behind us was frozen too. Nothing like a little propane heat in the pit;-) and a pit to get out of the wind!

Its just the way we roll:rolleyes:

Hey, that's cold! (it happens to be the highest temp we've seen in NW Pa since November)

But really, I've never been colder than when duck hunting on salt water marshes in mid-30s on the Trinity River basin. (old and lost rivers) That marsh chill is BRUTAL, and to the BONE!

bubaylor
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Sad to see Brett walk off into the sunset like this...gotta know when to fold 'em.

zeus3925
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM

Guess the Vikings are going to ask the state taxpayers to build them a new stadium--no roof. Watch all those "fiscal conservatives" roll over for this one.
They raised my taxes to build a baseball stadium. Here we go again.