PDA

View Full Version : 800 Billion More Debt

depittydawg
12-17-2010, 01:49 AM
At least my states Senators are independent enough to say no to the latest midnight spending package of congress. Where is the outrage of the Tea Party over this massive extension of federal debt? Where is the outrage over another trillion dollar debt increase rushed through a lame duck session of congress without time for debate or analysis of any kind? Our country has simply gone berserk!

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/12/wyden_merkley_to_vote_against.html

dnf777
12-17-2010, 05:51 AM
At least my states Senators are independent enough to say no to the latest midnight spending package of congress. Where is the outrage of the Tea Party over this massive extension of federal debt? Where is the outrage over another trillion dollar debt increase rushed through a lame duck session of congress without time for debate or analysis of any kind? Our country has simply gone berserk!

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/12/wyden_merkley_to_vote_against.html

That news is at least 10 years old!

road kill
12-17-2010, 06:29 AM
The rest of the story;

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9K5BA5O0&show_article=1

"Nevada Democrat Harry Reid gave up on the nearly $1.3 trillion bill after several Republicans who had been thinking of voting for the bill pulled back their support."

DD, you need to pick 1 side of your mouth and stick with it!!:D

RK

M&K's Retrievers
12-17-2010, 08:17 AM
The rest of the story;

"Nevada Democrat Harry Reid gave up on the nearly $1.3 trillion bill after several Republicans who had been thinking of voting for the bill pulled back their support."

RK

Hard to do when you have to negotiate around your foot. ;)

BonMallari
12-17-2010, 08:17 AM
its not the country that has gone berserk, its the elected officials, people WE ALL put in office. Both sides used the " Bush Tax Cuts" like a political football, to posture, pander and wheel and deal...this lame duck session was used to get pork projects for both sides...Until both sides get these earmarks out of bills,it will remain business as usual in Washington DC

dnf777
12-17-2010, 08:47 AM
You gotta love a party who's raison-d'etre for the past two years has been to criticize the Bush/Obama stimulus and unfunded expenditures, then turns around and passes a 850 billion dollar stimulus package and just heap it on the already 13 trillion debt! Can anyone name ONE THING that has been done in this session to curb spending or even attempt to pay for this package? Obama froze federal payrolls to the tune of 65 billion saved. Just a whiz in the ocean, but at least its something.

Buzz
12-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Nothing like a little earmark hypocrisy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9nl66i6ro

I would expect nothing less.

Franco
12-17-2010, 09:37 AM

Kind of like what I've been saying about both parties!

Hard to defend Republicans when they are no better than the Democrats.

road kill
12-17-2010, 09:55 AM

The rest of the story;

"Two things:

One, this piece fails to mention the fact that it was the Tea Party folks, led by Sen Jim DeMint (R-SC), that forced the Republican senators like McConnell and Kyle to back away from earmarks.
Two, there is no mention of the Democrat's earmarks, or the fact that Reid and Pelosi stuffed the Obama Tax Compromise with MORE spending."

Just here to help........:D

RK

code3retrievers
12-17-2010, 10:05 AM
You gotta love a party who's raison-d'etre for the past two years has been to criticize the Bush/Obama stimulus and unfunded expenditures, then turns around and passes a 850 billion dollar stimulus package and just heap it on the already 13 trillion debt! Can anyone name ONE THING that has been done in this session to curb spending or even attempt to pay for this package? Obama froze federal payrolls to the tune of 65 billion saved. Just a whiz in the ocean, but at least its something.

Last I checked the Dems still had control of both houses and the white house. Seems they are in charge.

You will be whining like a little girl if and when they start cutting government programs like they should.

Your hero Obama increased federal pay the past several years and has not frozen step increases. Don't act like he is some type of savior. What needs to be done is lay off government workers or make them take a pay cut.

code3retrievers
12-17-2010, 10:08 AM

Your right about the few earmarks that the reps had in there but the dems had 98% to the Reps 2% of earmarks. Big difference.

Maybe you should expect more from your party.

david gibson
12-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Horrors!!! and part of that video was taken directly from Fox News!! therefore it must be untrue!

now yardly, can you tell me what the percentage of earmarks in that bill is between dems and reps????

Buzz
12-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Your right about the few earmarks that the reps had in there but the dems had 98% to the Reps 2% of earmarks. Big difference.

Maybe you should expect more from your party.

Got a link for that?

I was not talking about earmarks. Personally I don't get outraged about them. Hypocrisy bothers me a lot more.

Buzz
12-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Horrors!!! and part of that video was taken directly from Fox News!! therefore it must be untrue!

now yardly, can you tell me what the percentage of earmarks in that bill is between dems and reps????

I was wondering if anyone would notice that the video came from FOX. Glad someone over there is willing to point out the hypocrisy. Personally I appreciate my Senator Thune bringing projects to the State of South Dakota, but I don't appreciate his political posturing.

Got some documentation about the mix of earmarks in the bill?

dnf777
12-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Last I checked the Dems still had control of both houses and the white house. Seems they are in charge.

You will be whining like a little girl if and when they start cutting government programs like they should.

Your hero Obama increased federal pay the past several years and has not frozen step increases. Don't act like he is some type of savior. What needs to be done is lay off government workers or make them take a pay cut.

1) If we're ALL not whining like little girls, then enough isn't being done. I've heard big talk about "sacrafice" but tax cuts are not sacrafice. Cuts in programs, paying your fair share of taxes, and not getting pay raises in hard economic times are a start. You don't need to tell me about it. Tell the congressional republicans, and democrats.

2) Obama is not my hero, anymore than Bush is yours. (I hope) We have been screwed, and continue to be on the receiving end of a giant shaft called Washington, being run by corporate interests and lobbyists.

The congressional republicans, while not YET in the majority, most certainly bullyed Obama into this agreement, yielding only to the 13 month unemployment benefits extension. (which many economists say are the ONLY part of this agreement that will stimulate the economy) Now they are whining that it costs too much. I can't think of a better example of the cliche about having your cake and eating it too. Maybe we should start saying, 'you can't have your tax cuts and wars, and balanced budget too!'

Just ask Europe how supply-side economics is working for them. Well, except Germany, which took REAL measures to balance their budget, and are the only economy afloat right now it seems.

david gibson
12-17-2010, 10:35 AM
I was wondering if anyone would notice that the video came from FOX. Glad someone over there is willing to point out the hypocrisy. Personally I appreciate my Senator Thune bringing projects to the State of South Dakota, but I don't appreciate his political posturing.

Got some documentation about the mix of earmarks in the bill?

while out training testerday i listened to a little of Rush and he said 98% was democrats. well, is that 98% of the number of earmarks or 98% of the total $$? or it could be all rush B S, who knows, but i would like find out without any bias - the total $$ percentage of both parties.

road kill
12-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Don't know if anyone reads my posts anymore, but once again, here is $48 BILLION of the earmarks;

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1687936.html

RK

Goose
12-17-2010, 10:40 AM

Buck up, son. Lenin, Keynes, Krugman and Obama never said overturning society was going to be easy. It's hard work debauching the currency and it takes time. Just be patient, hold on to your ankles and soon enough the dollar will be destroyed and whats left of the Constitution will be burned so that we can have the workers utopia everybody wants and your government will provide everything you need. I have no doubt this is going to turn out for the better.

We live in Cuba now.

Buzz
12-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Don't know if anyone reads my posts anymore, but once again, here is $48 BILLION of the earmarks;

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1687936.html

RK

If you think that earmark is in the bill, I want some of what you're smoking.

road kill
12-17-2010, 11:08 AM
If you think that earmark is in the bill, I want some of what you're smoking.

It was in the $1.1 Trillion bill of Harry Reids.

Good ole' Harry, "watchin' out for the folks!!":D

Actually, the smoke of the day is a Remidios w/Maduro wrapper.
You probably wouldn't like it.:-x

RK

Buzz
12-17-2010, 05:46 PM
It was in the $1.1 Trillion bill of Harry Reids.

Good ole' Harry, "watchin' out for the folks!!":D

Actually, the smoke of the day is a Remidios w/Maduro wrapper.
You probably wouldn't like it.:-x

RK

Please provide documentation that it was in the bill.

PS: I haven't smoked in years. I miss a nice cigar now and then, but I manage to stay away from them.

road kill
12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Please provide documentation that it was in the bill.

PS: I haven't smoked in years. I miss a nice cigar now and then, but I manage to stay away from them.

It would be a waste of time to read the bill until after its' passed.

John Kerry said so!!:D

RK

dnf777
12-17-2010, 06:37 PM
It would be a waste of time to read the bill until after its' passed.

John Kerry said so!!:D

RK

Wasn't it Pelosi who said sometimes you just have to pass them, and see what happens?

(sadly, she's probably right)

Pals
12-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Wasn't it Pelosi who said sometimes you just have to pass them, and see what happens?

Yes she did. Then she proceeded to not vote on the measure, that's right she stands up and bitches about it, carrys on like it is the end of the world and then won't take a stand. So typical it's disgusting. She is truly one of the most loathsome politicians we have in office. Everytime I see her on TV or even in the paper I have to hold my nose to keep from vomiting. On a more positive note: I have a new aid to keep me from eating all the christmas cookies, I've taped pictures of pelosi on all the containers. Should hit 70 pounds lost by christmas easily now.....

road kill
12-17-2010, 07:39 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/12/16/john_kerry_complains_about_reading_omnibus_rather_ than_working_on_it.html

John Kerry: "Why Would We Have To Read....... Spending Bill?"

RK

Buzz
12-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Funny, republicans spent months putting the bill together With the democrats and when they feel the heat from the tea party extremists they turn tail and pull the plug. Are you all nieve enough to believe that they work on a huge bill like this for months and no one knows what is in it? Do you think that it just got pulled out of a hat and they are all voting on a complete unknown? Your conservative masters are playing you like a violin.

depittydawg
12-17-2010, 09:33 PM
The rest of the story;

RK

The bill you are referring to is another bill. Read it again.

dnf777
12-17-2010, 09:35 PM
We've just seen the neoconservative logic unravel.

Next, we're going to see a resurgence of social and religious ideology, because that's the good ol' fallback when ya ain't got nuttin' else!

Let's take a stand against the DADT repeal. Afterall, history is full of examples of countries that were "once great" until they allowed gays in the military!

Lets attack the religiosity of democratic leaders.

Just watch.

depittydawg
12-17-2010, 09:38 PM

Hard to defend Democrats when the behave like Republicans. There is no difference.

depittydawg
12-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Buck up, son. Lenin, Keynes, Krugman and Obama never said overturning society was going to be easy. It's hard work debauching the currency and it takes time. Just be patient, hold on to your ankles and soon enough the dollar will be destroyed and whats left of the Constitution will be burned so that we can have the workers utopia everybody wants and your government will provide everything you need. I have no doubt this is going to turn out for the better.

We live in Cuba now.

The bill referred to in this debate is the Bush Tax Extension. The one that passed both houses of congress this week. The one that passed the Senate with like 89 votes. The one that was 'negotiated' by Obama and the Republican congressional leadership behind closed doors. The bill that was rammed through the senate in about 2 days, no debate, and shoved through the house at midnight last night.
Several of you are referring to a separate bill, the spending bill, which was the funding for the government to carry through to the end of the fiscal year, Sept 2011. That is the bill the republicans threatened to filibuster and stopped. Otherwise this congress would have spent about 2 trillion dollars instead of only giving away 800 billion dollars that they have no way of paying for.

Like I said, this country is hopeless. I seriously doubt the United States will remain solvent over the next 30 years.

Roger Perry
12-18-2010, 01:00 PM
The bill referred to in this debate is the Bush Tax Extension. The one that passed both houses of congress this week. The one that passed the Senate with like 89 votes. The one that was 'negotiated' by Obama and the Republican congressional leadership behind closed doors. The bill that was rammed through the senate in about 2 days, no debate, and shoved through the house at midnight last night.
Several of you are referring to a separate bill, the spending bill, which was the funding for the government to carry through to the end of the fiscal year, Sept 2011. That is the bill the republicans threatened to filibuster and stopped. Otherwise this congress would have spent about 2 trillion dollars instead of only giving away 800 billion dollars that they have no way of paying for.

Like I said, this country is hopeless. I seriously doubt the United States will remain solvent over the next 30 years.

By then we will be owned by China. Better get to practicing your goose step now.:(