http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40713870/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

dnf777
12-17-2010, 11:38 AM
How cool is this :D

About this cool...

Police say Dormont garage owner shot robber
Pistol-wielding man found dead at scene

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10351/1111397-55.stm#ixzz18OLQfx7m

Chalk several points up for the good guys!
Oh, and let's forward these to Sarah Brady....

BrianW
12-18-2010, 08:25 AM
While we're at it, lets forward them on to Stephen Breyer as well.

Breyer: Founding Fathers Would Have Allowed Restrictions on Guns
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/12/breyer-founding-fathers-allowed-restrictions-guns/#ixzz18TM5qxWb

"...since the Founding Fathers did not foresee how modern day would change individual behavior, government bodies can impose regulations on guns, Breyer concluded."

Breyer, who just published "Making Our Democracy Work," a book about the role of the court in American life, outlined his judicial philosophy as one in which the court must take a pragmatic approach in which it "should regard the Constitution as containing unwavering values that must be applied flexibly to ever-changing circumstances."
Since the Founding Fathers could not foresee the impact of modern day communications and technology, the only option is to take the values of the Founding Fathers and apply them to today's challenges.
"The difficult job in open cases where there is no clear answer is to take those values in this document, which all Americans hold, which do not change, and to apply them to a world that is ever changing," Breyer said. "It's not a matter of policy. It is a matter of what those framers intended."
He suggested that those values and intentions mean that the Second Amendment allows for restrictions on the individual, including an all-out ban on handguns in the nation's capital.
"We're acting as judges. If we're going to decide everything on the basis of history -- by the way, what is the scope of the right to keep and bear arms? Machine guns? Torpedoes? Handguns?" he asked. "Are you a sportsman? Do you like to shoot pistols at targets? Well, get on the subway and go to Maryland. There is no problem, I don't think, for anyone who really wants to have a gun."

To all of those here who belive that the 2nd "isn't in any imminent threat", let this be a reminder why it is important to vote for a president whose nominees to the court will likely be faithful to the Constitution, to vote for U.S. senators who will reject nominees who likely will not be faithful, and to vote for federal and state legislators who can check and balance justices like Stephen Breyer who don't believe the Second Amendment protects any meaningful right.

mjh345
12-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Breyer is an idiot. The framers clearly didn't give us the 2nd A to ensure our right to hunt or get on a subway to go to Maryland to shoot targets, Hunting was a way of life for a large % of people.

The 2nd A is for us to protect us from govt's foreign and domestic; not to protect ourselves from each other or Bambi

BrianW
12-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Breyer was appointed by Clinton, who is praised by many as being as "a centrist". :rolleyes:
Any bets on how Sotomayor & Kagan would rule if given the opportunity? :confused:

luvmylabs23139
12-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Any bets on how Sotomayor & Kagan would rule if given the opportunity? :confused:
Sotomayor already showed her colors. She voted against gun rights in the Chicago case after stating under oath that she supported the 2nd ammendment.:confused::confused:

BrianW
12-19-2010, 08:02 AM
While J. Sotomayor (& Ginsburg) did join in the dissenting opinion issued by J. Breyer and thus "showed her colors", she did not actually write one of her own, as did J. Stevens.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-062810-scotus-chicago-gun-ban,0,104815.htmlpage
It will be interesting (and perhaps a bit scary) to see if she will follow the same type of twisted logic (imo) as he did in that ruling; similarly in this latest interview where he cites Madison in attempting to limit the 2nd's intent to state militias, when Madison was one of the most definite supporters of individual liberties in the drafting of the Bill of Rights. :rolleyes:

depittydawg
12-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Breyer was appointed by Clinton, who is praised by many as being as "a centrist". :rolleyes:

Any bets how Thomas, Roberts, or Alito will rule?

depittydawg
12-19-2010, 09:09 AM
How cool is this :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40713870/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

3 people dead and one seriously wounded in the hospital. Yeah that's real cool.

luvmylabs23139
12-19-2010, 04:50 PM

3 less taxpayer dollar sucking criminals in the world! I would say that it is way cool. Break the law be prepared to pay the price. At least we don't have to waste money feeding them and clothing them and providing them with anything.
I love dirtbag extermination. Too bad there are not more terminated at the scene of the crime!:-P:-P:-P

road kill
12-19-2010, 04:56 PM
This IS even KOOLER!!!!!!!:shock:

http://www.youjotube.com/watch/bLQ3mXqAq_Y

Bravo!!

RK

duckheads
12-21-2010, 09:31 AM
I've seen that before. That is way kool! I'm sure some of our resident independants feel sorry for the punk!

david gibson
12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
and now 2 more are shot - one dead and one in jail with no bail - after trying to rob a small grocery story that just happens to be owned by the cousin of a very close friend, a lady that has worked for my wife for 20+ yrs. apparently the guy had been robbed 2 times before, so he got his CHL and the rest is history.

that is way cool!!!! to everyone except dippity that is....;)

Bayou Magic
12-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Anonymous Dip,

Quoted from the article, "It is a pretty incredible story. The man was clearly defending his business, clearly defending his wife," Waters told the newspaper.

What part of this event upsets you?

The man defending his wife, property, and himself?
The three dead criminals?
The hospitalized wounded store owner?

Just trying to understand your comment.

Frank Price

road kill
12-21-2010, 10:14 AM
I've seen that before. That is way kool! I'm sure some of our resident independants feel sorry for the punk!

Yeah, they ain't posting on this thread, mebbe dey scared!!??!!??:D

RK

Doc E
12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Here3's one from Spokane. The bad guy "busted" himself
(his leg that is) :-P

http://fwix.com/spokane/share/f060bce667/shoplifters_getaway_foiled_when_he_runs_into_polic e_car

SPOKANE, Wash. -- A suspected shoplifter is in the emergency room after he ran in front of a Spokane police car and was knocked right out of his shoes at Main and Lincoln as the suspected thief tried to get away from Nordstrom security guards with a bag full of stolen cosmetics.

As the suspect was fleeing the store a police officer just happened to be driving past the store. The officer wasn’t even aware of the pursuit and had a green light on Main when the suspect crossed in front of him and was hit by the patrol car’s bumper.

The suspect likely suffered a broken leg and will be charged with theft along with an outstanding Department of Corrections warrant when he's released from the hospital.

david gibson
12-21-2010, 11:42 AM
here's another old favorite - not el paso as originally claimed but cool none the less

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?47883-**WARNING-GRAPHIC-**-El-Paso-Police-Officer-shoots-3-Armed-robber-***GRAPHIC***

Blackstone
12-21-2010, 05:58 PM
There's nothing cool to me about having to kill someone.

dnf777
12-21-2010, 06:05 PM

Its never cool when people die a premature death, I agree. But once some malefactor determines that someone is going to die prematurely, its cool when he is the one checking out, and not the innocent ones.

When my lib friends taunt me about my CWP "escalating violence", I tell them that it will only clear leather if someone else determines that someone's going to die. I just make sure its the right person.

depittydawg
12-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Anonymous Dip,

Quoted from the article, "It is a pretty incredible story. The man was clearly defending his business, clearly defending his wife," Waters told the newspaper.

What part of this event upsets you?

The man defending his wife, property, and himself?
The three dead criminals?
The hospitalized wounded store owner?

Just trying to understand your comment.

Frank Price

My comment is that "cool" is not appropriate in describing this event. What bothers me? That in my country people are using guns to kill each other every day over petty cash. The fact that the good guy apparently won this one is note worthy but entirely insignificant when looking at the problem of violence in America. In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me. Take it any way you want to.

david gibson
12-21-2010, 07:23 PM
There's nothing cool to me about having to kill someone.

its always cool when it's the guy who intends to hurt others! period.but really - do you really think the "killer" thinks he is cool?

the main thing is he IS cooler than the dead guy - ironic since the dead guy has "assumed room temperature" and is actually "cooler" LOL!

so you feel sorry for someone that gets killed committing a violent crime????
you are not someone i would want for a huckleberry regards.

therefore i will go on record and say that i think it is cool as all get out to kill a violent criminal in the act of committing a violent crime. who cares? if he wasnt killed he would just hurt another innocent person.

blackstone you are one sad individual.

david gibson
12-21-2010, 07:27 PM
My comment is that "cool" is not appropriate in describing this event. What bothers me? That in my country people are using guns to kill each other every day over petty cash. The fact that the good guy apparently won this one is note worthy but entirely insignificant when looking at the problem of violence in America. In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me. Take it any way you want to.

i take it as you being a hopeless pacifist liberal that would let a man break into your home and steal your guns, HDTV, and wife's jewelry.

and you would do nothing because - hey - its just petty material wealth! you know, the kind we should be "redistributing" anyway!

so you would actually feel good about it - forced redistribution of wealth!

i am SOOOOO not surprised.:rolleyes:

depittydawg
12-21-2010, 07:30 PM
i take it as you being a hopeless pacifist liberal that would let a man break into your home and steal your guns, HDTV, and wife's jewelry.

and you would do nothing because - hey - its just petty material wealth! you know, the kind we should be "redistributing" anyway!

so you would actually feel good about it - forced redistribution of wealth!

i am SOOOOO not surprised.:rolleyes:

Try it someday David, and you'll find out. What a stupid response. What the hell is the matter with you dude?

david gibson
12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Try it someday David, and you'll find out. What a stupid response. What the hell is the matter with you dude?

try what? letting someone forcefully redistribute my wealth?????

and you ask what is wrong with me?

talk about a stupid response. you heard it here folks, it is WRONG to use deadly force to protect your family and property from theft and violence, and in fact, you should actually allow theft and violence it so as to redistirbute your wealth..:rolleyes:

you have outdone yourself!

david gibson
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me. Take it any way you want to.

when the 3 dead people are CRIMINALS that would later rob/murder/steal from others and then be a burden to pay for their upkeep in prison - well - i see their death is totally cool! i only wish it was my finger on the trigger......and i bet i am not alone here.

charly_t
12-21-2010, 07:56 PM

That "petty cash" means a lot to some of us.....it means a meal or the difference between being able to pay a bill. All of us don't have money to throw away. It's "my country" also and I will defend my rights and other people's rights to keep what is theirs. We earned it by our sweat and blood so we do value it.

dnf777
12-21-2010, 08:14 PM
when the 3 dead people are CRIMINALS that would later rob/murder/steal from others and then be a burden to pay for their upkeep in prison - well - i see their death is totally cool! i only wish it was my finger on the trigger......and i bet i am not alone here.

While I've pretty much agreed with the majority on this thread thus far, I would draw the line short of you last comment above.

I NEVER wish to kill another person. If I have to, I would. But do I wish for that? NEVER!

A retired biology teacher here shot and killed a drunk young man who was trying to enter his house. He was acquitted completely, and said he would do the same thing again, given the same circumstances. But he also is haunted by questions like was that just a harmless drunk who thought he was at his home? Why the hell did he have to stumble onto MY porch? Etc...

I doubt you'll find many who WISH it was their finger on the trigger. If you do, be very afraid of those people.

david gibson
12-21-2010, 08:37 PM
While I've pretty much agreed with the majority on this thread thus far, I would draw the line short of you last comment above.

I NEVER wish to kill another person. If I have to, I would. But do I wish for that? NEVER!

A retired biology teacher here shot and killed a drunk young man who was trying to enter his house. He was acquitted completely, and said he would do the same thing again, given the same circumstances. But he also is haunted by questions like was that just a harmless drunk who thought he was at his home? Why the hell did he have to stumble onto MY porch? Etc...

I doubt you'll find many who WISH it was their finger on the trigger. If you do, be very afraid of those people.

then be very afraid of me. i am tired of it. as a man who has had his home entered by uninvited criminals while i was at home and i actually had gunsights on their backs a few minutes later - but my better sense prevailed - well, i beg you to tell me you have more experience at this than i do. i was literally 15 seconds from a gun barrel facedown in my own home. basically, i think the perps saw a mounted deer, bobcat, and cinnamon teal and 3 dogs barking on the back porch, rememberd 2 4x4 trucks in the drive, and realized these were redneck white men with guns in this house and they better git quick. that saved their lives. 15 seconds - but it could have been my life.

did i EVER say i WANT to be in a situation where i have to kill a criminal? kinda dumb thing to want, isnt it? because that means I would be in a position where i could be killed as well, and i dont want that, EVER. but if they are in my house then it is ON.

i said if i was in that situation i would KILL in a HEARTBEAT. and i mean it now as much as that night about 8 yrs ago.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gman0046
12-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Like Ted Nugent says "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead repeat offenders."

dnf777
12-21-2010, 08:58 PM
then be very afraid of me. i am tired of it. as a man who has had his home entered by uninvited criminals while i was at home and i actually had gunsights on their backs a few minutes later - but my better sense prevailed - well, i beg you to tell me you have more experience at this than i do. i was literally 15 seconds from a gun barrel facedown in my own home. basically, i think the perps saw a mounted deer, bobcat, and cinnamon teal and 3 dogs barking on the back porch, rememberd 2 4x4 trucks in the drive, and realized these were redneck white men with guns in this house and they better git quick. that saved their lives. 15 seconds - but it could have been my life.

did i EVER say i WANT to be in a situation where i have to kill a criminal? kinda dumb thing to want, isnt it? because that means I would be in a position where i could be killed as well, and i dont want that, EVER. but if they are in my house then it is ON.

i said if i was in that situation i would KILL in a HEARTBEAT. and i mean it now as much as that night about 8 yrs ago.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As a matter of fact, while living in the Garfield section of Pittsburgh as an intern, I had two young men (boys) climb my fire escape, break a window, and steal my PS1 while I was in the shower. After that, I showered with my Ruger Mini-14 in the bathroom, not under the bed.

I just don't WISH to have my finger on the trigger to take anyone's life, ever. If I have to, I will. But I won't thump my chest and growl like an animal.

Our community went through a self defense shooting, with a well-known and liked retired teacher. I can tell you, he didn't revel in the kill. He said he'd do it again to defend his home, but just wished it hadn't ever happened at all.
People who wish to kill someone else, are scary.

depittydawg
12-21-2010, 09:00 PM
try what? letting someone forcefully redistribute my wealth?????

and you ask what is wrong with me?

talk about a stupid response. you heard it here folks, it is WRONG to use deadly force to protect your family and property from theft and violence, and in fact, you should actually allow theft and violence it so as to redistirbute your wealth..:rolleyes:

you have outdone yourself!

Since I don't know you from Adam, I can only assume you're are still a juvenile. Either that, or you are incredibly naive and immature. Either way, I've got better things to do then listen to your nonsense. So I'll just quit responding again and you can walk away with the last word.

The above words are yours, not mine. Nothing I printed on this thread is ANY indication that I believe it is wrong for a man to defend himself. The fact that I don't think it's "cool" when people have gunfights somehow seems wrong to you? Glad to say I have a different set of standards bud.

depittydawg
12-21-2010, 09:07 PM
was[/I] in that situation i would KILL in a HEARTBEAT. and i mean it now as much as that night about 8 yrs ago.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

For every story with a nice "cool" ending as was posted here. There are many more about people with vendetta's that want to pull that trigger more than anything. Problem is, they often kill the wrong person. Lets just hope that isn't you someday. But to be honest, it sounds like your on your way. Please try and wait till you see the 'horns' before you pull your trigger. It's probably somebody's kid, drunk and being stupid, you'll be shooting.

david gibson
12-21-2010, 09:31 PM
For every story with a nice "cool" ending as was posted here. There are many more about people with vendetta's that want to pull that trigger more than anything. Problem is, they often kill the wrong person. Lets just hope that isn't you someday. But to be honest, it sounds like your on your way. Please try and wait till you see the 'horns' before you pull your trigger. It's probably , you'll be shooting.

are you for real? ANY criminal is somebody's kid. WTF? charles manson and all his disciples - squeaky and lynette etc - were all just drunk/stoned and somebody's kid being stupid, were they not?

if somebody's kid, drunk and being stupid, enters my house uninvited i will shoot and ask questions later. you can try and reason with him and find yourself and daughter raped/murdered worse. not me. for some reason i just think he doesnt deserve the chance to do that to me :rolleyes: could it be an innocent situation? perhaps, but the penalty for misidentification is too severe and not the home or business owners' onus to prove. in my house, you are dead. got it?

Problem is, they often kill the wrong person.

please, please tell me how it is the wrong person when you catch them in your house or in the act of robbing your place of business????

my lord i have never encountered such a complete idiot as yourself.

dnf777
12-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Dave,
You do know there will be a big fat man with a white beard wearing a red suit coming down your chimney in a couple of days, don't you?? Please don't shoot...he's a good guy! ;-)

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-5.jpg

david gibson
12-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Dave,
You do know there will be a big fat man with a white beard wearing a red suit coming down your chimney in a couple of days, don't you?? Please don't shoot...he's a good guy! ;-)

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-5.jpg

no he is not. he is redistributing someones wealth. i will shoot on sight - i dont need no steeenkin handouts!

Blackstone
12-22-2010, 12:34 AM
its always cool when it's the guy who intends to hurt others! period.but really - do you really think the "killer" thinks he is cool?

the main thing is he IS cooler than the dead guy - ironic since the dead guy has "assumed room temperature" and is actually "cooler" LOL!

so you feel sorry for someone that gets killed committing a violent crime????
you are not someone i would want for a huckleberry regards.

therefore i will go on record and say that i think it is cool as all get out to kill a violent criminal in the act of committing a violent crime. who cares? if he wasnt killed he would just hurt another innocent person.

blackstone you are one sad individual.

As usual, David, you have attempted to distort what I said. I never said I felt sorry for the guys that got killed. They put themselves in that position, and they paid the price. The ones I actually feel sorry for are the people that were forced to kill them. They are going to have to live with that for the rest of their life. Taking the life of another person has a profound impact on most people. If you don’t think so, just ask the vets that came home from war all screwed up over what they did and what they saw.

So, no, I find nothing “cool” about having to take the life of another person. But, before you call me sad, you should take a look in the mirror. If you can find some perverse pleasure in the thought of taking someone else’s life, if idea of it sounds “cool” to you, then you’re the sad individual.

road kill
12-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have ever shot anyone?
Seen anyone get shot?
Been shot at?

Having said that, I highly reccomend you don't break into my home!!:D

RK

Bayou Magic
12-22-2010, 06:37 AM
...The fact that the good guy apparently won this one is note worthy but entirely insignificant when looking at the problem of violence in America. ...[/b]

Anonymous,

I doubt the outcome was "entirely insignificant" to the store owner or his wife.

...In any event, 3 dead people and one hospitalized is never "cool" to me... Take it any way you want to.

Personally, I would not describe the event as "cool" either, but IMO the point of the post was not describing the event, but the outcome of the event.

As to your last sentence, I wonder if you would be that curt in a face to face conversation.

fp

david gibson
12-22-2010, 07:13 AM
As usual, David, you have attempted to distort what I said. I never said I felt sorry for the guys that got killed. They put themselves in that position, and they paid the price. The ones I actually feel sorry for are the people that were forced to kill them. They are going to have to live with that for the rest of their life. Taking the life of another person has a profound impact on most people. If you don’t think so, just ask the vets that came home from war all screwed up over what they did and what they saw.

So, no, I find nothing “cool” about having to take the life of another person. But, before you call me sad, you should take a look in the mirror. If you can find some perverse pleasure in the thought of taking someone else’s life, if idea of it sounds “cool” to you, then you’re the sad individual.

and as usual, you read only what you want to read in any comment. reread my first sentence that you quoted slowly then the rest of the post then the please sit back down. oh, read post #2 also - even one of your own thinks it was cool.

freefall319
12-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Seen anyone get shot?
Been shot at?

RK

The first is a tasteless question in the eye's of most vet's. That's the single question I HATE being asked. But I know why you asked it.

To answer the other two, yes, yes & been hit myself, none of which are experiences I'd like to repeat but would in a heartbeat for the cause it served.

Been there, done that, got the scar's to prove it. But let me say this, yes, some people certianly have it coming. Especially if you place my life or my families life's in danger. That being said, if I never fire a live round at a live person again I will die a happy man. It's not always as easy to live with after the fact as you may think. But, In a self preservation situation you do what you have to & be glad to have that issue to live with.

menmon
12-22-2010, 01:27 PM
I would have shot them too. However, it would have been with BB steel. because the only thing I own is shotguns and the only thing I hunt is ducks and geese. Other types of firearms don't work very well for shooting waterfowl, but shotguns cover all angles.

freefall319
12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
This IS even KOOLER!!!!!!!:shock:

http://www.youjotube.com/watch/bLQ3mXqAq_Y

Bravo!!

RK

That is classic. Just a good old ass whoopin', I love it. You mess with the bull, you get the horns. Lesson learned.

road kill
12-22-2010, 02:58 PM
The first is a tasteless question in the eye's of most vet's. That's the single question I HATE being asked. But I know why you asked it.

To answer the other two, yes, yes & been hit myself, none of which are experiences I'd like to repeat but would in a heartbeat for the cause it served.

Been there, done that, got the scar's to prove it. But let me say this, yes, some people certianly have it coming. Especially if you place my life or my families life's in danger. That being said, if I never fire a live round at a live person again I will die a happy man. It's not always as easy to live with after the fact as you may think. But, In a self preservation situation you do what you have to & be glad to have that issue to live with.

I agree with everything you posted.

And I think you'll agree....it ain't cool!!

Righteous maybe, cool is a poor choice of words.

RK

dnf777
12-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Seen anyone get shot?
Been shot at?

RK

As part of my plea deal, I'm not allowed to discuss any of the above. ;)

Just kidding. Thankfully, I can answer no to all the above questions. I have however, heard the last words uttered on earth of several people who have been shot. One by the police. Several accidently. One accidently while committing various other shenanigans.

It is a humbling experience. Even the one's who "asked for it". You see true regret, fear, and hopefully, a coming to the Lord (in a good way).

luvmylabs23139
12-22-2010, 04:53 PM
More info on the jewlery shop owner that shot/ killed 3

Nearly a week after an east-side jewelry store owner fatally shot three armed robbers, the family has come forward today with more details about the movie-like shootout that has the community heralding Ramon Castillo as a hero.

Two men walked into the store in the 4500 block of Canal around 2 p.m. Dec. 16 and presented a 10K gold ring bearing three small diamond chips, inquiring about its value, said Ramon Castillo’s only son, 28-year-old Juan Daniel Castillo.

About five minutes later, another man — the apparent ringleader of the robbery — entered the store, holding a pistol and shouted in Spanish it was a robbery and ordered one of the other men to take the Castillos in the back and tie them up, he said.

Ramon Castillo – shot four times in the ordeal — pleaded with the robbers, dropping an emergency alert device to the floor and telling the men to take whatever they wanted.

But the men ignored him.

Ramon Castillo, described as a gentle-mannered man and generous with people in need, believed the men were going to kill him and his wife, his son said.

"They were going to tie them up and shoot them in the head," Juan Daniel Castillo said of his parents. "One man tied up my mom with plastic tie straps. They threw her on her stomach on the floor. She hit her face on the floor. Then this guy went to tie up my dad. He got a tie strap on my dad’s left hand. When this guy took my dad’s right hand and pulled it behind him, my dad reached for his gun behind his back."

As the other two robbers were still in the front of the store, the avid hunter whipped his hand around the front of his body, pointed the 9 mm Beretta behind him toward the robber and pulled the trigger — all while keeping his eyes ahead, watching for the other two men in the showroom.

"He shot him in the eye. That guy died instantly," said his son.

The two robbers up front then opened fire with pistols, sending several rounds throughout the store.

Castillo, still keeping an eye open for the gunman, told his wife to stay down and returned fire, one of his shots striking a fire extinguisher, whose fog-like substance filled the store, minimizing visibility, his son said.

Castillo then backed up — eyes still forward — grabbed a .380 and fired a few rounds toward the front of the store as he was making his way to a sawed-off shotgun leaning against a wall.

Shotgun in his hands, Castillo then moved toward the front, trying to see through the fog.

He heard a click from one of the men’s pistols, followed by the sound of a bullet cartridge hitting the floor.

Realizing that at least one of the men was out of ammunition, Castillo took aim and shot both men in the face.

They too dropped and died.

Police identified two of the men — Nelson Wilfredo Tambora-Ramiro, 21, and Onilton Bolanos Castillano, 38. A third suspect has not been identified yet.

Castillo was struck five times — in the middle of his stomach, on the right shoulder in both legs. With the exception of grazing on a knee-cap, bullets missed bones.

Three days later, doctors said he would survive and fully recover, his son said.

The family has received more than 50 letters from customers and area residents, calling him a hero and sending donations — Castillo does not have insurance.

The ring the robbers used in the ruse is in Castillos’ safe.

The family has set up a website to help with medical bills at www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo (http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo).

paige.hewitt@chron.com

freefall319
12-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Sounds clear cut to me. The man did what he had to do to protect his family & they are alive today because of it. Good for him.

Blackstone
12-22-2010, 05:44 PM
and as usual, you read only what you want to read in any comment. reread my first sentence that you quoted slowly then the rest of the post then the please sit back down.

What’s the point of re-reading your first sentence? It still comes out the same. This was your first sentence:

its always cool when it's the guy who intends to hurt others! [B][I]period.

You obviously still fail to grasp my point. It doesn’t matter how you attempt to qualify who it’s cool to kill. For me, there is nothing “cool” about killing anyone. It doesn’t matter to me if they were the bad guys or the good guys. It doesn’t matter to me if they had it coming or not. There is nothing cool about taking the life of another human being. It may be necessary. It may be unavoidable, but it’s still not cool to me. Since you think I’m such a sad individual, perhaps you should read post # 40. Apparently, he has been in that situation. Ask him how “cool” he thought it was.

oh, read post #2 also - even one of your own thinks it was cool.

One of my own? One of my own what? I didn’t realize I had claimed, or been claimed by, anyone on this board. Does he know he’s one of my own? Well, at least it shows we’re both capable of independent thought.

badbullgator
12-23-2010, 07:36 AM
New details show wild shootout in East End store robbery
By PAIGE HEWITT
Police officers and detectives investigate the shooting of three suspected robbers by a jewelry store owner at his store east of downtown Houston Thursday, Dec. 16, 2010.
Nearly a week after an east-side jewelry store owner fatally shot three armed robbers, the family has come forward today with more details about the movie-like shootout that has the community heralding Ramon Castillo as a hero.
Two men walked into the store in the 4500 block of Canal around 2 p.m. Dec. 16 and presented a 10K gold ring bearing three small diamond chips, inquiring about its value, said Ramon Castillo’s only son, 28-year-old Juan Daniel Castillo.
About five minutes later, another man — the apparent ringleader of the robbery — entered the store, holding a pistol and shouted in Spanish it was a robbery and ordered one of the other men to take the Castillos in the back and tie them up, he said.
Ramon Castillo – shot four times in the ordeal — pleaded with the robbers, dropping an emergency alert device to the floor and telling the men to take whatever they wanted.
But the men ignored him.
Ramon Castillo, described as a gentle-mannered man and generous with people in need, believed the men were going to kill him and his wife, his son said.
"They were going to tie them up and shoot them in the head," Juan Daniel Castillo said of his parents. "One man tied up my mom with plastic tie straps. They threw her on her stomach on the floor. She hit her face on the floor. Then this guy went to tie up my dad. He got a tie strap on my dad’s left hand. When this guy took my dad’s right hand and pulled it behind him, my dad reached for his gun behind his back."
As the other two robbers were still in the front of the store, the avid hunter whipped his hand around the front of his body, pointed the 9 mm Beretta behind him toward the robber and pulled the trigger — all while keeping his eyes ahead, watching for the other two men in the showroom.
"He shot him in the eye. That guy died instantly," said his son.
The two robbers up front then opened fire with pistols, sending several rounds throughout the store.
Castillo, still keeping an eye open for the gunman, told his wife to stay down and returned fire, one of his shots striking a fire extinguisher, whose fog-like substance filled the store, minimizing visibility, his son said.
Castillo then backed up — eyes still forward — grabbed a .380 and fired a few rounds toward the front of the store as he was making his way to a sawed-off shotgun leaning against a wall.
Shotgun in his hands, Castillo then moved toward the front, trying to see through the fog.
He heard a click from one of the men’s pistols, followed by the sound of a bullet cartridge hitting the floor.
Realizing that at least one of the men was out of ammunition, Castillo took aim and shot both men in the face.
They too dropped and died.
Police identified two of the men — Nelson Wilfredo Tambora-Ramiro, 21, and Onilton Bolanos Castillano, 38. A third suspect has not been identified yet.
Castillo was struck five times — in the middle of his stomach, on the right shoulder in both legs. With the exception of grazing on a knee-cap, bullets missed bones.
Three days later, doctors said he would survive and fully recover, his son said.
The family has received more than 50 letters from customers and area residents, calling him a hero and sending donations — Castillo does not have insurance.
The ring the robbers used in the ruse is in Castillos’ safe.
The family has set up a website to help with medical bills at www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo (http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo).

COOL! Center mass is for girls, head/face shots kill them now. Interesting note that the store owner had 3 guns at hand. 1 BD got an eye full of 9mm and the other two got to see a load of 00 buckshot face to face. Also of note is the owner offered to give them what they wanted and they were going to take what they wanted and kill them instead.

road kill
12-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Of the 3 men shot and killed in the attempted robbery there is 1 thing I would be interested in knowing.

Citzenship???

RK

david gibson
12-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Of the 3 men shot and killed in the attempted robbery there is 1 thing I would be interested in knowing.

Citzenship???

RK

honduran.......

BrianW
12-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Fwiw, what was "cool" to me is that the store owner had the means and the mindset to defend himself, his wife, and their way of life. Also that he's expected to fully recover from his injuries. :D
If someone like Breyer or Brady had their way, this most likely would have been a very different news story. :-x
The perps (not victims) made their choice, a bad one, :shock: and now are no longer around to prey on or be a burden to society.
No tears from here.

Ironic timing but I just got an e-mail with some "motivational" gun posters/sayings and I think one really applies here:

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away !

road kill
12-23-2010, 08:38 AM
honduran.......

Legal??

RK

david gibson
12-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Legal??

RK

is there such a thing? i heard the night it happened they were illegal hondurans, but they have been mum on that topic ever since. this is a sanctuary city where 2 cops have been killed in the last few years by illegals, and we have a lesbian mayor now. PC city.

road kill
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
is there such a thing? i heard the night it happened they were illegal hondurans, but they have been mum on that topic ever since. this is a sanctuary city where 2 cops have been killed in the last few years by illegals, and we have a lesbian mayor now. PC city.

It's amazing there are no hetero's qualified for anything anymore, isn't it?

RK