PDA

View Full Version : Teleprompter Failed Obongolo

gman0046
12-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Obongolo Confused US Motto.

www.obamalies.net/obama-confused-motto.html#more-1278

Bush would have been crucified for the mistakes Obongolo has made.

dnf777
12-29-2010, 07:05 PM
OMG!

When do impeachment proceedings start?

david gibson
12-29-2010, 07:52 PM
OMG!

When do impeachment proceedings start?

so then why is it admissible for him but you would call palin or bush all sorts of names for the same thing????

dnf777
12-29-2010, 08:27 PM
so then why is it admissible for him but you would call palin or bush all sorts of names for the same thing????

Because they're stupid and he's not.

That was my shallow answer mode. I don't really think Bush is stupid. I think he surrounded himself with a protective shield of "yes men" who allowed him to disconnect from reality, making him appear at times....stupid.

Sarah Palin really is stupid. Rich, but stupid.

And WHY OH WHY do we need to continue bringing up BUSH???

david gibson
12-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Because they're stupid and he's not.

That was my shallow answer mode. I don't really think Bush is stupid. I think he surrounded himself with a protective shield of "yes men" who allowed him to disconnect from reality, making him appear at times....stupid.

Sarah Palin really is stupid. Rich, but stupid.

And WHY OH WHY do we need to continue bringing up BUSH???

how else can we point out your hipocracy if we dont show you an example??

and apaprently palin is smart enough to make a fortune while she can. doesnt look so stupid to me.

and can you show me evidence where sarah palin is stupid? i mean aside from all the quotes that are out of context, those dont count because we have equal cases of the same for obama. so how do you know for a fact she is "stupid" as you put it? have any IQ scores or SATs to cite?

dnf777
12-29-2010, 08:45 PM
and can you show me evidence where sarah palin is stupid? i mean aside from all the quotes that are out of context,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I knew you are an accomplished photographer, but had no idea you were such an outstanding comedian!

Out of context?? You mean like the entire transcript that SNL used verbatim as a script for one of the funniest political skits in their history?

Oh man, coffee ain't good going through your nose!

Blackstone
12-29-2010, 08:48 PM
If Obama was quoted correctly, he said, “It is a story written into our national mottos.” Mottos being plural. We have had more than one National Moto. E Pluribus Unum was our first National Moto, and was put on the National Seal in 1786. It was the National Moto from until it was replaced in 1956 by In God We Trust. So, technically, he was correct. Although, he could have been more clear if that was what he meant.

david gibson
12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I knew you are an accomplished photographer, but had no idea you were such an outstanding comedian!

Out of context?? You mean like the entire transcript that SNL used verbatim as a script for one of the funniest political skits in their history?

Oh man, coffee ain't good going through your nose!

and which script was that? thats already been shown to not be verbatim, but with your plagarism skills and out of context quoting i can see where you would believe it, especially being an "independent".

so in other words, you got nothin'?

dnf777
12-29-2010, 09:12 PM
and which script was that? thats already been shown to not be verbatim, but with your plagarism skills and out of context quoting i can see where you would believe it, especially being an "independent".

You're right. Watching her is actually funnier than SNL.
I didn't write the script, so I couldn't have plagiarized anything.
They blended actual transcript answers of Palin with an attempt to make it funnier. Not necessary!

Do you really want to defend Sarah's intelligence? I'll even be so kind as to say, I think you're too smart for that!

Buzz
12-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh, the horror!

david gibson
12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
They blended actual transcript answers of Palin with an attempt to make it funnier. Not necessary!

Do you really want to defend Sarah's intelligence? I'll even be so kind as to say, I think you're too smart for that!

there is a difference between defending her intelligence and defending being called stupid. all i asked was for you prove she is stupid, which you cannot do.

you "independents" hatred for conservatives is just unreal. i wish i could call it laughable, but its too sad for that.

ducknwork
12-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Who is Obongolo?:roll:

Go back to your bridge, troll.

road kill
12-30-2010, 06:54 AM

Joe Biden = GENIUS!!!:rolleyes:

Barney Frank = Genius!!!:rolleyes:

Barbara Boxer = Genius!!!:rolleyes:

RK

gman0046
12-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Is anyone surprised by Blackstones response?

dnf777
12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
there is a difference between defending her intelligence and defending being called stupid. all i asked was for you prove she is stupid, which you cannot do.

you "independents" hatred for conservatives is just unreal. i wish i could call it laughable, but its too sad for that.

I like Newt Gingrich.
I like Rand Paul.
I like Mitt Romney and Huckabee.

Now, that proves your last statement is false.

I disagree with them, but like them. They are not stupid. Sarah is stupid.

Can I prove it? Do I NEED to?
No, and no.

But if anyone can listen to her shrill jabber and come away thinking she is anything but stupid....well....I'll stop there.

I can't prove the moon isn't made out of blue cheese, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

road kill
12-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I like Newt Gingrich.
I like Rand Paul.
I like Mitt Romney and Huckabee.

Now, that proves your last statement is false.

I disagree with them, but like them. They are not stupid. Sarah is stupid.

Can I prove it? Do I NEED to?
No, and no.

But if anyone can listen to her shrill jabber and come away thinking she is anything but stupid....well....I'll stop there.

I can't prove the moon isn't made out of blue cheese, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Tell me, how do you feel about Joe Bidens intelligience?

Just askin'........

RK

dnf777
12-30-2010, 09:22 AM
I think he's a smart guy, who needs better maintenance of his brain-mouth filter.
The guy has survived horrendous personal loss, rebounded, and remained very popular among his constituency for many years.

I think he's in a terminal position though. one, mabye two terms as VP or perhaps stepping aside to allow a 2016 hopeful in that slot?

When asked the exact same question about a SCOTUS case he disagrees with, he gave a detailed, passionate answer regarding a ruling on a piece of legislation he actually drafted himself. You may not like him, but he ain't stoopid.

(it may have been Christine O'Donnel who couldn't answer that question, not Sarah. You'll have to excuse me, I somehow get those two confused sometimes...)

Buzz
12-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Tell me, how do you feel about Joe Bidens intelligience?

Just askin'........

RK

Biden is knowledgeable about foreign policy and pretty dumb about other things. I have no idea what his "basic level of intelligence" is.

david gibson
12-30-2010, 09:25 AM
I think he's a smart guy, who needs better maintenance of his brain-mouth filter.
The guy has survived horrendous personal loss, rebounded, and remained very popular among his constituency for many years.

I think he's in a terminal position though. one, mabye two terms as VP or perhaps stepping aside to allow a 2016 hopeful in that slot?

When asked the exact same question about a SCOTUS case he disagrees with, he gave a detailed, passionate answer regarding a ruling on a piece of legislation he actually drafted himself. You may not like him, but he ain't stoopid.

i dunno, seems pretty stupid to me to drop an F bomb in front of an open presidential mike....stupid is as stupid does - just sayin'

road kill
12-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Biden is knowledgeable about foreign policy and pretty dumb about other things. I have no idea what his "basic level of intelligence" is.

But you are an expert on Palin's??

Amazing.......

RK

david gibson
12-30-2010, 09:29 AM
these guys are amazing. such blind hatred with no substance.

dnf777
12-30-2010, 09:59 AM
i dunno, seems pretty stupid to me to drop an F bomb in front of an open presidential mike....stupid is as stupid does - just sayin'

Is that the same standard of proof you're looking for in regards to my comments on Sarah being stupid?

I'd say his comments revealed a level of passion for what he believes in, rather than stupidity. Not being able to name ONE NEWSPAPER you've read or ONE BOOK is pretty stupid!

Unless you haven't read anything...then its being honest. :rolleyes:

Oh, BTW, Dick Cheney dropped an f-bomb on an open mike. Does that make him stupid in your assessment, also?

dnf777
12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
But you are an expert on Palin's??

Amazing.......

RK

Don't need to be an expert. If that was a qualification for saying anything on POTUS, this place would get REAL QUIET!

SHE'S STUPID. JUST PLAIN STUPID. That's all there is to it.

In case you're about to accuse me of blind partisanship, let me say this:

I don't think these people are stupid. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Gingrich
Romney
Pawlenty
Orin Hatch
Dick Lugar
Dick Cheney
Rummy
Bush I
Bush II*
Reagan
Cantor

Palin is stupid. Admit it.

david gibson
12-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Is that the same standard of proof you're looking for in regards to my comments on Sarah being stupid?

I'd say his comments revealed a level of passion for what he believes in, rather than stupidity. Not being able to name ONE NEWSPAPER you've read or ONE BOOK is pretty stupid!

Unless you haven't read anything...then its being honest. :rolleyes:

Oh, BTW, Dick Cheney dropped an f-bomb on an open mike. Does that make him stupid in your assessment, also?

there you go again.........you totally fail to see when someone holds a mirror in your face every time. totally incapable of reflecting on yourself, both literally and figuratively......

pitiful, piiiiit-i-ful

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zEOwMaBASpQ/S0SuzWDtatI/AAAAAAAAAOI/jAABK1nw6VM/s320/Jed-Clampett.jpg

dnf777
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
there you go again.........you totally fail to see when someone holds a mirror in your face every time. totally incapable of reflecting on yourself, both literally and figuratively......

pitiful, piiiiit-i-ful

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zEOwMaBASpQ/S0SuzWDtatI/AAAAAAAAAOI/jAABK1nw6VM/s320/Jed-Clampett.jpg

When called out, you back out! As usual, you don't answer questions, rather go into diversion mode!! I answered RK's question. You jumped in with your high standard of intelligence...an open mike incident. brilliant! Dear Joe isn't the only one though....

I held the mirror in YOUR face with the Cheney example. Your standard of stupid, turned against YOUR boy!

Go ahead, call me names now.....I'm ready.....

road kill
12-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Don't need to be an expert. If that was a qualification for saying anything on POTUS, this place would get REAL QUIET!

Gingrich
Romney
Pawlenty
Orin Hatch
Dick Lugar
Dick Cheney
Rummy
Bush I
Bush II*
Reagan
Cantor

I will not call her stupid.
You dissaprove of her political positions and her delivery.
That does not make anyone stupid.
You elitest attitude spawned by your progressive mentors is false.

There are over 100 types of intelligience.
Acadamia teaches less than 12 of them.
You make your determinations based on a peice of paper delivered by an institutions and the input of others.

I would want to speak to someone in person and make my own decisions, you have other criteria and agendas.

Not in a position to judge intelligience levels of others regards.......

RK

mjh345
12-30-2010, 10:53 AM

Says the man who repeatedly writes that he "HATES" conservatives

Now run along David and respond to DNF's post number 25. You won't need any pictures of Jed or Jethro or Ellie Mae to respond intelligently; Just stay on point!!

david gibson
12-30-2010, 11:02 AM
When called out, youick with photography. back out! As usual, you don't answer questions, rather go into diversion mode!! I answered RK's question. You jumped in with your high standard of intelligence...an open mike incident. brilliant! Dear Joe isn't the only one though....

I held the mirror in YOUR face with the Cheney example. Your standard of stupid, turned against YOUR boy!

Go ahead, call me names now.....I'm ready.....

nah, thats your forte. turning tables and calling names is your talent. i'll stick with photography.

you really dont get it, do you? you posted the cheney comment after i brought up biden as an example of what you say about palin - ummm, that was the original mirror genius.

oops! i just called you a facetious name!

david gibson
12-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Says the man who repeatedly writes that he "HATES" conservatives

Now run along David and respond to DNF's post number 25. You won't need any pictures of Jed or Jethro or Ellie Mae to respond intelligently; Just stay on point!!

forget your medicine this morning???? lol!!!

dnf777
12-30-2010, 11:09 AM
nah, thats your forte. turning tables and calling names is your talent. i'll stick with photography.

you really dont get it, do you? you posted the cheney comment after i brought up biden as an example of what you say about palin - ummm, that was the original mirror genius.

oops! i just called you a facetious name!

Oh God, I feel like I'm in kindergarten again! "I know you are, but what am I?"

I said Sarah Palin is stupid.

If you don't see that, well.......... have a nice day.

M&K's Retrievers
12-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh God, I feel like I'm in kindergarten again! "I know you are, but what am I?"

She may be a lot of things, uninformed, ditsy, irritating, over exposed and other things come to mind, but stupid isn't one of them. One might be considered stupid for repeatedly saying so.

luvmylabs23139
12-30-2010, 11:15 AM

Let's put things in context. Sara Palin is a genious compared to Alvin Greene.
Christine O' was a bad candidate, but Mr. Action Figure was 100 times worse. Both won their party's nomination for senate.:rolleyes:

dnf777
12-30-2010, 11:25 AM
I will not call her stupid.
You dissaprove of her political positions and her delivery.
That does not make anyone stupid.
You elitest attitude spawned by your progressive mentors is false.

There are over 100 types of intelligience.
Acadamia teaches less than 12 of them.
You make your determinations based on a peice of paper delivered by an institutions and the input of others.

I would want to speak to someone in person and make my own decisions, you have other criteria and agendas.

Not in a position to judge intelligience levels of others regards.......

RK

All very good points, except the part about my progressive mentors.

My mentors are my parents, grandparents, my old surgical program chairman, and others I PERSONALLY KNOW AND INTERACT WITH.

You're absolutely right about forming opinions from her positions and delivery. Its all I got, since I don't hang with her and the Todd.

And from what I see of her...........SHE'S STUPID!

You guys are funny, standing by her like loyal puppy dogs!
I wish you would stop. I like and respect you guys. Really. But if you stand next to stupid too long, I'm afraid it will rub off on you!

Come on. I admitted I like several republicans. I said I find them intelligent, not stupid. I will happily admit there are democrats and indies that are stupid. (not as many, but Barry, Jefferson easily come to mind)

Just admit it.....your side has at least ONE stupid person.....and Sarah makes it easy to see.

dnf777
12-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Let's put things in context. Sara Palin is a genious compared to Alvin Greene.
Christine O' was a bad candidate, but Mr. Action Figure was 100 times worse. Both won their party's nomination for senate.:rolleyes:

OK. I agree.

That wasn't so hard.

Wonder why nobody can admit Sarah is stupid?

I find it amusing.

road kill
12-30-2010, 11:28 AM
All very good points, except the part about my progressive mentors.

My mentors are my parents, grandparents, my old surgical program chairman, and others I PERSONALLY KNOW AND INTERACT WITH.

You're absolutely right about forming opinions from her positions and delivery. Its all I got, since I don't hang with her and the Todd.

And from what I see of her...........SHE'S STUPID!

You guys are funny, standing by her like loyal puppy dogs!
I wish you would stop. I like and respect you guys. Really. But if you stand next to stupid too long, I'm afraid it will rub off on you!

Come on. I admitted I like several republicans. I said I find them intelligent, not stupid. I will happily admit there are democrats and indies that are stupid. (not as many, but Barry, Jefferson easily come to mind)

Just admit it.....your side has at least ONE stupid person.....and Sarah makes it easy to see.

And you guys are sad...attacking her like rabid pit-bulls.

Just sayin'.....

RK

depittydawg
12-30-2010, 11:35 AM

Gingrich
Romney
Pawlenty
Orin Hatch
Dick Lugar
Dick Cheney
Rummy
Bush I
Bush II*
Reagan
Cantor

I don't post around here much, but I have to hold back on the "stupid" label for Palin. I used to think GWB was an idiot. But in retrospect, he wasn't an idiot at all. He simply played the role publiclly of a buffoon, while quietely accomplishing his entire agenda. It's a role that seems to attract the base of the conservative movement. Reagan used it also at times. And it comes in mighty handy if you ever get summoned to answer for your crimes. Bottom line, these people ain't stupid. The proof of that is the score, and their side is way ahead.

YardleyLabs
12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Surprised that he gave a factually accurate and balanced response to your OP instead of wandering off point? Not at all. For almost 200 years, the Great Seal and its motto of "E Pluribus Unum" were the official representations of our country, adopted in the earliest years of our republic. For almost a century, our Pledge of Allegiance also remained unchanged. In 1956, our President and Congress rewrote that history in the name of God, adding "under God" to the pledge and making "In God We Trust" our national motto. Fine tributes to the era that also brought us Joe McCarthy and his brown shirt followers.

road kill
12-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Surprised that he gave a factually accurate and balanced response to your OP instead of wandering off point? Not at all. For almost 200 years, the Great Seal and its motto of "E Pluribus Unum" were the official representations of our country, adopted in the earliest years of our republic. For almost a century, our Pledge of Allegiance also remained unchanged. In 1956, our President and Congress rewrote that history in the name of God, adding "under God" to the pledge and making "In God We Trust" our national motto. Fine tributes to the era that also brought us Joe McCarthy and his brown shirt followers.:rolleyes:

The same era that gave us you and your "Fellow Travelers??"

RK

BonMallari
12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
this urinating match on whether Palin is stupid....is stupid..

YardleyLabs
12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
The same era that gave us you and your "Fellow Travelers??"

RK
Actually, my ilk were there for the American Revolution and the Constitutional Convention fighting the tyranny of those who, like Senator Joe, were always eager to trample the freedoms of all with whom they disagreed.

road kill
12-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Actually, my ilk were there for the American Revolution and the Constitutional Convention fighting the tyranny of those who, like Senator Joe, were always eager to trample the freedoms of all with whom they disagreed.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:D

PUHLEEEESE!!!

RK

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 12:36 PM
OK. I agree.

That wasn't so hard.

Wonder why nobody can admit Sarah is stupid?

I find it amusing.

Because she is a REPUBLICAN and if she was a DEMOCRAT you would have the whole board agreeing with you

david gibson
12-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Because she is a REPUBLICAN and if she was a DEMOCRAT you would have the whole board agreeing with you

i dont really like her, and i dont want her as president AT ALL.

not a loyalist by any means, just a realist.

YardleyLabs
12-30-2010, 12:54 PM
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:D

PUHLEEEESE!!!

RK
Sounds like you should spend a little more time reading about our history.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 12:55 PM
these guys are amazing. such blind hatred with no substance.
David, a day does not go by where you do not show your hatred for Obama. How does that differ?????????????

road kill
12-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Sounds like you should spend a little more time reading about our history.
Sounds like YOU should stop trying to pass off your revisionist BS as fact!!:cool:

RK

YardleyLabs
12-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Sounds like YOU should stop trying to pass off your revisionist BS as fact!!:cool:

RK
Ay examples you would like to point out and refute, or are you just trying to inflate some hot air balloons?

duckheads
12-30-2010, 01:31 PM
It seems very fitting to repost something I posted earlier.

It's funny how all of our resident independants on RTF love to hate on the people that the left wing liberals hate. Palin, Cheney, GWB. Oh I can't forget Rove or Haliburton. I also find it funny that no one on POTUS will claim to be liberal or democrat. They are all independants who just happen to be left wingnuts! Too funny! Sorry to change the subject. Carry on.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 02:03 PM
It seems very fitting to repost something I posted earlier.

It's funny how all of our resident independants on RTF love to hate on the people that the left wing liberals hate. Palin, Chenney, GWB. Oh I can't forget Rove or Haliburton. I also find it funny that no one on POTUS will claim to be liberal or democrat. They are all independants who just happen to be left wingnuts! Too funny! Sorry to change the subject. Carry on.

I was a former Republican and that because of Cheney (there, I spelled it right for you), GWB, Rove, Scooter Libby, Gonzales and the decisions the Bush administration made, ect. that I chose to become an Independent. I do not align myself with the far left.

The thing I dislike most about the Obama administration is they have not stopped the spending and the National Debt continues to grow with no reversal in sight.

Here is a list of the things I believe Obama has done since he took over the Presidency in 2009.

Ten: President Obama has slowed down the recession. Nobody is talking depression anymore, and some are talking recovery. Trying to catch this economy from crashing was like trying to catch a 100 ton boulder dropped off a 70-story building. The nertia alone is going to push you backwards until you can slow the force. Most wouldn’t even step in front of a boulder coming at them like this. Obama stepped in the gap and stuck to a measured recovery plan of stimulus dollars and labor force transition.
Nine: President Obama saved Wall Street. And Wall Street tried to punk him by paying itself first. He exposed the absence of regulatory oversight on Wall Street, and economic and financial investment reform is being discussed like never before.
Eight: President Obama saved the collapse of the American automotive industry. By making GM restructure before bailing them out, and putting incentive money to help the industry, he saved the industry. People want to make jokes about “cash for clunkers” but the automakers aren’t laughing. They’re thanking him.
Seven: President Obama shifted the focus of the war from Iraq to Aftghanistan, and putting the emphasis on reducing terrorism where it should have been all along-but now they want to say he’s making war, not peace. Well, at least he didn’t destabilize a whole region on a false premise. It’s better than what we had.
Six: President Obama relaxed Anti-American tensions throughout the world. This was more serious than the previous administration was willing to let on. The President made good on his promise to make a major address on American-Muslim relations and he did it in a Muslim country, showing a good faith that America hadn’t shown in a while.
Five: President Obama closed the prisoner “torture (http://www.laprogressive.com/tag/torture/) camp” at Guantanamo Bay. Holding prisoners for eight years without charging them was acceptable under the previous administration. It is not acceptable under this administration. Obama’s next challenge is what to do with the detainees.
Four: President Obama has made the environment (http://www.laprogressive.com/category/the-environment/) a national priority, and a primary source for job creation. The era of polluting industrialists is over, and with a President that understands the benefits of green conversion, America can become a leader in the industry of the future.
Three: President Obama has made education a national priority by putting emphasis and money behind new ideas like charter schools, but speaking directly to school children in telling them they have to do their part. It’s what any President should be encouraging but Obama’s so popular, he was accused of trying to “socialize” or “prothelitize” the children. It’s a sad day when the President of the United States can’t speak to school children because their parent’s views conflict.
Two: President Obama is on the verge of passing universal health care, with a public option, to insure everybody in America has care when they are sick. He’s doing it, despite villification of ideologues and while in the midst of an H1N1 epidemic where millions could get sick this winter. The people feel him on this.
One: President Obama has restored credibility to the American Presidency where the world is looking to him to lead America out of unilateralism and back into multilateral global cooperation. The Nobel Peace Prize was an acknowledgment that Obama had led and is leading a non-violent cultural revolution in America. Everybody, except for a few in America, can see the change. Still, the world understands what happened one year ago, and they thought they’d never see such a shift occur. The election of Obama helped the world see the light that America wasn’t ready to self-destruct.http://www.laprogressive.com/progressive-issues/one-year-later-ten-things-president-obama-has-done-since-hes-been-in-office/

duckheads
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
So Roger, I guess what you are saying is you were a RINO and now you a Left wingnut Independant!

As for your top ten, I just have to laugh. Restored credibility to the Presidency. What a flippin joke. How did he do that by bowing the leaders of other countries on his apology tour. Everything you post is as Liberal and/or progressive as it gets but you keep on calling yourself an independant if it makes you FEEL better!

laprogressive! I bet that is where most independants hang out!

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
So Roger, I guess what you are saying is you were a RINO and now you a Left wingnut Independant!

As for your top ten, I just have to laugh. Restored credibility to the Presidency. What a flippin joke. How did he do that by bowing the leaders of other countries on his apology tour. Everything you post is as Liberal and/or progressive as it gets but you keep on calling yourself an independant if it makes you FEEL better!

laprogressive! I bet that is where most independants hang out!

So you are saing our economy was stable when Obama took over the Presidency or were we headed into a depression????, how about the stock market was that going up????????? were people spending money????????????? Was the housing market increasing in price or home sales increasing???????????? Was General Motors flurshing or was it about to go bankrupt??????????? These are just a few questions you should ask yourself.

Cody Covey
12-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I was a former Republican and that because of Cheney (there, I spelled it right for you), GWB, Rove, Scooter Libby, Gonzales and the decisions the Bush administration made, ect. that I chose to become an Independent. I do not align myself with the far left.

The thing I dislike most about the Obama administration is they have not stopped the spending and the National Debt continues to grow with no reversal in sight.

Here is a list of the things I believe Obama has done since he took over the Presidency in 2009.

Ten: President Obama has slowed down the recession. Nobody is talking depression anymore, and some are talking recovery. Trying to catch this economy from crashing was like trying to catch a 100 ton boulder dropped off a 70-story building. The nertia alone is going to push you backwards until you can slow the force. Most wouldn’t even step in front of a boulder coming at them like this. Obama stepped in the gap and stuck to a measured recovery plan of stimulus dollars and labor force transition.
Nine: President Obama saved Wall Street. And Wall Street tried to punk him by paying itself first. He exposed the absence of regulatory oversight on Wall Street, and economic and financial investment reform is being discussed like never before.
Eight: President Obama saved the collapse of the American automotive industry. By making GM restructure before bailing them out, and putting incentive money to help the industry, he saved the industry. People want to make jokes about “cash for clunkers” but the automakers aren’t laughing. They’re thanking him.
Seven: President Obama shifted the focus of the war from Iraq to Aftghanistan, and putting the emphasis on reducing terrorism where it should have been all along-but now they want to say he’s making war, not peace. Well, at least he didn’t destabilize a whole region on a false premise. It’s better than what we had.
Six: President Obama relaxed Anti-American tensions throughout the world. This was more serious than the previous administration was willing to let on. The President made good on his promise to make a major address on American-Muslim relations and he did it in a Muslim country, showing a good faith that America hadn’t shown in a while.
Five: President Obama closed the prisoner “torture (http://www.laprogressive.com/tag/torture/) camp” at Guantanamo Bay. Holding prisoners for eight years without charging them was acceptable under the previous administration. It is not acceptable under this administration. Obama’s next challenge is what to do with the detainees.
Four: President Obama has made the environment (http://www.laprogressive.com/category/the-environment/) a national priority, and a primary source for job creation. The era of polluting industrialists is over, and with a President that understands the benefits of green conversion, America can become a leader in the industry of the future.
Three: President Obama has made education a national priority by putting emphasis and money behind new ideas like charter schools, but speaking directly to school children in telling them they have to do their part. It’s what any President should be encouraging but Obama’s so popular, he was accused of trying to “socialize” or “prothelitize” the children. It’s a sad day when the President of the United States can’t speak to school children because their parent’s views conflict.
Two: President Obama is on the verge of passing universal health care, with a public option, to insure everybody in America has care when they are sick. He’s doing it, despite villification of ideologues and while in the midst of an H1N1 epidemic where millions could get sick this winter. The people feel him on this.
One: President Obama has restored credibility to the American Presidency where the world is looking to him to lead America out of unilateralism and back into multilateral global cooperation. The Nobel Peace Prize was an acknowledgment that Obama had led and is leading a non-violent cultural revolution in America. Everybody, except for a few in America, can see the change. Still, the world understands what happened one year ago, and they thought they’d never see such a shift occur. The election of Obama helped the world see the light that America wasn’t ready to self-destruct.http://www.laprogressive.com/progressive-issues/one-year-later-ten-things-president-obama-has-done-since-hes-been-in-office/
Most of that is a flat out lie that hasn't happened or failed miserably. If you think that is what he has accomplished and are proud of it i feel sorry for you.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Most of that is a flat out lie that hasn't happened or failed miserably. If you think that is what he has accomplished and are proud of it i feel sorry for you.

Well, lets take this one point at a time shall we?

1. We were headed toward a depression and he did slow down the ressession.

2. The Dow was at 8,000 and falling in December 2008. Now it is above 13,000.

3. GM was on it's way toward Bankruptcy. Now it is making a profit.

4. Looks like we are on our way out of Iraq and will be out of Afghanistan in a few years.

5. Did Obama not stop the torture that was going on in prison camps???

6. Didn't obama say just a few days ago that he was going to make the Economy his top priority?

Tell me where I am wrong???????????
And, by my count he still has 2 years to try to get the Country back on track from the disastrous Bush economic policies.

Cody Covey
12-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Well, lets take this one point at a time shall we?

1. We were headed toward a depression and he did slow down the ressession.

3. GM was on it's way toward Bankruptcy. Now it is making a profit.

4. Looks like we are on our way out of Iraq and will be out of Afghanistan in a few years.

5. Did Obama not stop the torture that was going on in prison camps???

6. Didn't obama say just a few days ago that he was going to make the Economy his top priority?

Tell me where I am wrong???????????Bush got us on our way out of Iraq not Obama. Gitmo is still open. and just because he says he is making the economy his top priority doesn't mean he will. Like i said it hasn't happened so how can you say thats what he has acomplished. Where the hell was he for the past 2 years on the economy. He didn't get health care reform done. Obama didn't "Save" Wall Street they would've been fine without him. Again with the lies. Bush "saved" GM not Obama. I think you need to get your timeline straight since you seem to be confused on who did what.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Bush got us on our way out of Iraq not Obama. Gitmo is still open. and just because he says he is making the economy his top priority doesn't mean he will. Like i said it hasn't happened so how can you say thats what he has acomplished. Where the hell was he for the past 2 years on the economy. He didn't get health care reform done. Obama didn't "Save" Wall Street they would've been fine without him. Again with the lies. Bush "saved" GM not Obama. I think you need to get your timeline straight since you seem to be confused on who did what.

How did Bush save GM??????? It was Obama who gave the money so GM could save itself. Where were you when every rightie here was calling gooberment motors????????????

Health care reform is about to begin, it was passed this year.

What makes you think the stock market would have taken care of itself it was at 8,000 and declining rapidly.

As far as where he was the last 2 years on the economy don't you remember the last 2 years of the Bush failed economy where the economy went to hell in a hand basket?????? What did you expect Obama to do when he took over the failed Bush policies wave a magic wand and poof the economy was better???????????? We are slowly working our way out of a bad economic situation he was left with.

Cody Covey
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM
How did Bush save GM??????? It was Obama who gave the money so GM could save itself. Where were you when every rightie here was calling gooberment motors????????????

Health care reform is about to begin, it was passed this year.

What makes you think the stock market would have taken care of itself it was at 8,000 and declining rapidly.

As far as where he was the last 2 years on the economy don't you remember the last 2 years of the Bush failed economy where the economy went to hell in a hand basket?????? What did you expect Obama to do when he took over the failed Bush policies wave a magic wand and poof the economy was better???????????? We are slowly working our way out of a bad economic situation he was left with.Just because Bush did it doesn't mean that it was a good thing. I thought you would remember that from your "indie" teachings? anyway here is some education for you http://detnews.com/article/20101108/auto01/11080385/Bush--GM--Chrysler-bailout-to-%E2%80%98safeguard-American-workers%E2%80%99 . We most certainly DO NOT have heathcare reform. Name one thing that bill touched that has to do with healthcare? We got insurance reform and a watered down version at that since Obama doesn't have the leadership to get something passed with SUPER majorities in BOTH houses.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 03:41 PM
And you guys are sad...attacking her like rabid pit-bulls.

Just sayin'.....

RK

Looks like your own party is not supporting her either.:rolleyes:
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/122910palin-274x300.jpg (http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/37396/122910palin) Sarah Palin: Oh well, there's always Playboy

Sarah Palin’s once-vaunted popularity with Republicans has fallen 18 percent in recent weeks and he one-time tea party centerfold has become so unpopular in her home state that she couldn’t even deliver the annointed tea party candidate against awrite-in candidate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-in_candidate).
Palin’s once-large crowds have dwindled, he book signings draw handfuls, not crowds and Republicans admit privately that they need a new sexpot to spice up interest in the party.

T. Mac
12-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Tell me where I am wrong???????????

11577 is above 13000??? think this one is wrong by a long shot.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 03:54 PM

Got me. At least I admit when I am wrong.

M&K's Retrievers
12-30-2010, 04:00 PM

That statement is as accurate as the other 9 items.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 04:08 PM
That statement is as accurate as the other 9 items.

You hard line righties can never give credit where credit is due and will defend your party's failures to the ends of the earth. And as the righties have stated here before just want Obama to fail so the Republicans can recoupe the white house. (Why, I'll never know because the last times they had held the office it seems our Nation goes into Debt.)

Cody Covey
12-30-2010, 04:46 PM
You hard line righties can never give credit where credit is due and will defend your party's failures to the ends of the earth. And as the righties have stated here before just want Obama to fail so the Republicans can recoupe the white house. (Why, I'll never know because the last times they had held the office it seems our Nation goes into Debt.)

Us hard line righties just have a firmer grasp on the timeline of the events that happened. Just because you don't like Bush doesn't mean you can take what he did and say Obama did. Nor can you attribute things that haven't happened yet or won't happen ever to Obama.

By the way in case you were wondering Obama has more than doubled the deficit.

Roger Perry
12-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Us hard line righties just have a firmer grasp on the timeline of the events that happened. Just because you don't like Bush doesn't mean you can take what he did and say Obama did. Nor can you attribute things that haven't happened yet or won't happen ever to Obama.

By the way in case you were wondering Obama has more than doubled the deficit.
Obama was just continueing what Bush was spending.

Obama also included the cost of the wars (Afghanistan the longest war in U.S. History and Iraq soon to be the 2nd longest war in U.S. History) into the deficit which Bush did not just so he could down play how much debt he was getting the U.S. on the hook thereby disgusing how much the deficit really was. In 2007 the Deficit was over 7 Trillion dollars.

Clinton left GWB with a balanced budget. How did GWB get us into so much debt?????????? Does tax cuts and wars ring a bell???????

david gibson
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Obama was just continueing what Bush was spending.

bush's fault AGAIN

Cody Covey
12-30-2010, 06:44 PM
So what you are saying Roger (you have been asked this before but never will address but i will try again) is that since Bush started it, it is both Okay and not his fault because he doesn't have the power to stop spending? BUT when Bush spent LESS it wasn't okay?

dnf777
12-30-2010, 06:58 PM
He simply played the role publiclly of a buffoon, while quietely accomplishing his entire agenda.

Yes, I agree. I don't think he was a savant, but he was not idiot either.

Unfortunately, his entire agenda that he accomplished cost the working American and their posterity between 5 and 7 trillion dollars, depending of what figures you look at, and just over 4000 American troops' lives. And what did we get in return? Obama.

Thanks George.

road kill
12-30-2010, 06:59 PM
So what you are saying Roger (you have been asked this before but never will address but i will try again) is that since Bush started it, it is both Okay and not his fault because he doesn't have the power to stop spending? BUT when Bush spent LESS it wasn't okay?

Are you paraphrasing my startlingly hilarious, but incredibly accurate

HhHhHhhEeEeEeeeSssSsstTtTtTtTtAAaAaaAAAaRRrrRrrTtt TtteeEeeEeDddDddIiiIiitTtTttt!! bit?
Think of it in Rogers best 5 year old tantrum voice!!!:D

RK

david gibson
12-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes, I agree. I don't think he was a savant, but he was not idiot either.

Unfortunately, his entire agenda that he accomplished cost the working American and their posterity between 5 and 7 trillion dollars, depending of what figures you look at, and just over 4000 American troops' lives. And what did we get in return? Obama.

Thanks George.

so you blame obama on bush? what a way to CYA!

dnf777
12-30-2010, 07:58 PM
so you blame obama on bush? what a way to CYA!

Sure. Why not? If Bush had kept faith with any of the conservative tenents, I doubt Obama would have pulled off a victory. Bush lost the house, the senate, and the whitehouse in overwhelming defeats. Quite an accomplishment for a Harvard/Yale boy from New Haven!

gman0046
12-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Perry, I feel sorry for you if you actually believe that BS post about Obongolo's accomplishments. You are dumber then I gave you credit for.

Blackstone
12-31-2010, 04:31 AM

I bet you were. But, the facts are the facts.

BrianW
12-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Fwiw, look at the definitions of "stupid";

1a : slow of mind : obtuse (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse) b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brutish)
2: dulled in feeling or sensation : torpid (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/torpid) <still stupid from the sedative>
3: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : senseless (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/senseless) <a stupid decision>
4a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event> b : vexatious (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vexatious), exasperating (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exasperating) <the stupid car won't start>

Yes, I'd say that Sarah meets some of those qualifications, but then so does just about every member of Congress, the POTUS/Executive Branch and a few of the SCOTUS, especially 4b!
But I think intelligence & stupidity are being confused. Let's face it, most all of these people have college degrees, including Palin. They've all manged to convince a majority of people to vote for them in one aspect or another to get themselves in positions of power and make a crapload of money for themselves in the process. That's not the actions/abilities of an overall unintelligent person, imo.

But both Palin & PBO do fit the above definition of 1b in my view.

dnf777
12-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Fwiw, look at the definitions of "stupid";

1a : slow of mind : obtuse (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse) b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brutish)
2: dulled in feeling or sensation : torpid (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/torpid) <still stupid from the sedative>
3: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : senseless (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/senseless) <a stupid decision>
4a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event> b : vexatious (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vexatious), exasperating (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exasperating) <the stupid car won't start>

Yes, I'd say that Sarah meets some of those qualifications, but then so does just about every member of Congress, the POTUS/Executive Branch and a few of the SCOTUS, especially 4b!
But I think intelligence & stupidity are being confused. Let's face it, most all of these people have college degrees, including Palin. They've all manged to convince a majority of people to vote for them in one aspect or another to get themselves in positions of power and make a crapload of money for themselves in the process. That's not the actions/abilities of an overall unintelligent person, imo.

But both Palin & PBO do fit the above definition of 1b in my view.

A college degree??

And someone accused ME of being elitist, when I NEVER even mentioned college as a prerequisite for being intelligent!

All a college degree shows (at least when I was there) is:

1) you can afford tuition or find scholarships

2) you have a basic level of recall, and test-taking ability

3) you can get out of bed and attend class at least a couple days per week

Lots of really smart people without diplomas, and lots of stupid people with them.

A very poor discriminator of intelligence.

david gibson
12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
A college degree??

And someone accused ME of being elitist, when I NEVER even mentioned college as a prerequisite for being intelligent!

Lots of really smart people without diplomas, and lots of stupid people with them.

depends on the degree, dont you think? you can call me a lot of things, but my degree was certainly not something any average joe can get just by getting out of bed and attending classes at least a couple of days a week.

and my son graduated 2 weeks ago with a degree in mech. engineering. i hardly think you could ever call him or anyone else in his area stupid, or really anything less than pretty darn smart.

there are some degrees that the average joe couldnt complete even studying his arse off 24/7. so imho there are some degrees that are a darn good indicator of intelligence. physics yes, physical education maybe not so much.

road kill
12-31-2010, 01:44 PM
A college degree??

"80% of success is just showing up!!"

RK

gman0046
12-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Blackstone, you never surprise me. You always come from the same place.

Blackstone
12-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Blackstone, you never surprise me. You always come from the same place.

I'm just glad it's not the same place you're coming from.

dnf777
12-31-2010, 10:08 PM
depends on the degree, dont you think? you can call me a lot of things, but my degree was certainly not something any average joe can get just by getting out of bed and attending classes at least a couple of days a week.

Depends on the person too, do you think?
I maintained a respectable average in aerospace engineering doing just that, until I decided I wanted to be a surgeon instead. Only then did I start going to class every day.

Marvin S
12-31-2010, 10:31 PM
I maintained a respectable average in aerospace engineering doing just that, until I decided I wanted to be a surgeon instead. Only then did I start going to class every day.

I really find that hard to believe. Guys in your profession come from the same intelligence pool that engineers do. & based on some in your profession whom I've used, not all were at the top of their game :o.

dnf777
12-31-2010, 10:50 PM
I really find that hard to believe. Guys in your profession come from the same intelligence pool that engineers do. & based on some in your profession whom I've used, not all were at the top of their game :o.

No doubt. That's true of every profession and trade. What's your point?

david gibson
01-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Depends on the person too, do you think?

with the higher degrees, no. maybe the first year of some intro courses, but if you are telling me you didnt have to go to class every day for thermodynamics, differential calculus, or even integral calculus - at a good school - and still pulled A's and B's then you are telling me you are genius material.

i skipped an average of 17 times a semester my first two years, if the surf was good then i surfed that morning, but that was a jr. college in florida and i was taking general ed at the time with algebra refresher. couldnt have done that with a hard science or engineering course load.

dnf777
01-01-2011, 01:04 PM
with the higher degrees, no. maybe the first year of some intro courses, but if you are telling me you didnt have to go to class every day for thermodynamics, differential calculus, or even integral calculus - at a good school - and still pulled A's and B's then you are telling me you are genius material.

i

We can start a whole 'nother thread as to whether Texas A&M is a "good school" ;-), but I had a 103 average at the end of integral calculus. Should have been a 105, but the prof said I missed the last bonus question. I think she was just mad because I finished her final exam before she could get through her Cosmo. Math, trig, and analytic geometry came easy to me. P-chem did not.

david gibson
01-01-2011, 01:22 PM
We can start a whole 'nother thread as to whether Texas A&M is a "good school" ;-), but I had a 103 average at the end of integral calculus. Should have been a 105, but the prof said I missed the last bonus question. I think she was just mad because I finished her final exam before she could get through her Cosmo. Math, trig, and analytic geometry came easy to me. P-chem did not.

a&m is plenty good, dont read more into this and start something. so if you had a 103 in integral calculus and didnt bother to go to class half the time then you are a genius, your IQ must be well north of 135.. but then again we all know that, you remind us of it on here often.....

Buzz
01-01-2011, 01:25 PM
maybe the first year of some intro courses, but if you are telling me you didnt have to go to class every day for thermodynamics, differential calculus, or even integral calculus - at a good school - and still pulled A's and B's then you are telling me you are genius material.

Aren't those pretty much intro classes?

Marvin S
01-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Aren't those pretty much intro classes?

Possibly for someone whose into EE :). For those into the more hands on benefits of an engineering education they can be a little more than intro. My favorite course & everyday most useful "Intro to Physical Geology". Too bad some of these environmental perverts didn't have to take something like that :(.

david gibson
01-01-2011, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=Buzz;725928]integral calc sure, the others are a step up generally. very few took dif eq as freshmen as i recall, but that was a long while ago. still, even fewer could pass those without going to class. i would hardly consider thermodynamics introductory after watching my son go through it last year. perhaps dave chose medicine because aerospace engineering/ i.e. rocket science was just not a challenge for him.

dnf777
01-01-2011, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=Buzz;725928]integral calc sure, the others are a step up generally. very few took dif eq as freshmen as i recall, but that was a long while ago. still, even fewer could pass those without going to class. i would hardly consider thermodynamics introductory after watching my son go through it last year. perhaps dave chose medicine because aerospace engineering/ i.e. rocket science was just not a challenge for him.

I never said nor implied that engineering was not challenging. Nor did I complete an engineering degree, so I am not qualified to even make that comment. I just stated that I got through some of the math courses without too much sweat. Actually enjoyed it in an odd way. To this day I maintain that calculus taught me very little about how to solve math problems, but a whole lot in my approach to problems of any variety that I seem stuck on. It taught me how to back up, look at the entire picture, and plan an entirely new attack when the current one ain't workin'.

But perhaps I chose surgery just because I enjoy it, get to help people, and can earn a decent living at it. It is challenging and rewarding in an entirely different way than other pursuits. Maybe no more, or no less....but different.

scott2012
01-01-2011, 05:18 PM

This is just total BS in every way!!

scott2012
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Sure. Why not? If Bush had kept faith with any of the conservative tenents, I doubt Obama would have pulled off a victory. Bush lost the house, the senate, and the whitehouse in overwhelming defeats. Quite an accomplishment for a Harvard/Yale boy from New Haven!

nope.........Obama capitalized on being a man of color and the country wanted this to happen. It helps that he can deliver a speech with conviction and handles himself well with the media.

road kill
01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
nope.........Obama capitalized on being a man of color and the country wanted this to happen. It helps that he can deliver a speech with conviction and handles himself well with the media.

Plus America was looking to be fixed, not redesigned.

RK

dnf777
01-01-2011, 07:02 PM

It did? Judging from what I hear on this forum, nothing could be further from the truth! We've seen dollar bills with watermelons and fried chicken...we've seen t-shirts of eagles defecating on Obama. Are these the signs of support you refer to?

Someone else here pointed out that there were minority tails on each end of the political spectrum that either voted FOR or AGAINST the color of his skin. The parties fell in pretty much along lines.....and it was the independent sector of voters that at that particular time, liked what they heard, and swayed in Obama's favor. That has since shifted away, but may be coming back somewhat.

I suppose if America truly wants black politicians, that is why they are so heavily in the majority of both houses of congress and state governorships?

RK: I would agree with that except the finance and lobby system. It is beyond repair. If it were sitting on a piece of property I had purchased, I would burn it down and start over with new construction. Redesign, rebuild, and protect it from future corruption like the old system fell to.

scott2012
01-02-2011, 01:30 AM
It did? Judging from what I hear on this forum, nothing could be further from the truth! We've seen dollar bills with watermelons and fried chicken...we've seen t-shirts of eagles defecating on Obama. Are these the signs of support you refer to?

Someone else here pointed out that there were minority tails on each end of the political spectrum that either voted FOR or AGAINST the color of his skin. The parties fell in pretty much along lines.....and it was the independent sector of voters that at that particular time, liked what they heard, and swayed in Obama's favor. That has since shifted away, but may be coming back somewhat.

I suppose if America truly wants black politicians, that is why they are so heavily in the majority of both houses of congress and state governorships?

RK: I would agree with that except the finance and lobby system. It is beyond repair. If it were sitting on a piece of property I had purchased, I would burn it down and start over with new construction. Redesign, rebuild, and protect it from future corruption like the old system fell to.

Not sure if Americans truly want black politicians or not.....but there were a lot of polls taken across the country and one.....one...of the polls I saw had the youngest group of voters in this country really rallying about change and getting behind Obama because it was .....time....to change this country with regard to skin color. Interestingly, this same huge group did not support Hillary at all because they felt like she was on an agenda that they did not believe in. Perhaps she just missed connecting with anyone and , perhaps, she might be our president now if she could have reached some of these groups. Interesting for sure.

scott2012
01-02-2011, 01:33 AM

How would you protect it from future corruption? Sounds interesting

BrianW
01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
A college degree??

Dnf, I never said that a degree was "thee" discriminator of intelligence.
But as only 28% of Americans have one, according to a 2005 Business Week article, I would say that it's an indicator of such. The fact that more and more businesses require, or at least highly desire, a degree for even introductory positions is another sign of it's value as well. But go ahead and focus on the minutiae if you wish.
My point in that post was, in these continuous zingers of "Palin is stupid, Obama's an idiot, Biden's a moron, Bush is a buffoon... " yada yada, that all of these are (imo) intelligent people acting stupid within the definition. Careless comments, unreasoned answers, vexating actions in the face of contrary considerations; no side has a lock on that. Meanwhile the results or implications of the deed/statement in question gets lost in picking fly s#!t out of pepper.

BrianW
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Obama ... can deliver a prepared speech with conviction and handles himself well with the media. There, fixed it for ya.
But apparently only when the conditions are carefully controlled and in his favor. Listen to him founder and flail when asked something of the cuff or he steps away from that teleprompter/podium. Watch him bristle and get defensive, or flat out refuse to answer direct criticism from the foreign press. Yes, the man can "speechify" but he's no orator, imo.

America was looking to be fixed, not redesigned.
We have a good blueprint and basic foundation, but too many cobbled on additions, that don't comply to "code", have jeopardized the whole structure. PBO's interpretation that the Constitution does not specify what the government MUST provide for the people, for example.

dnf777
01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
But as only 28% of Americans have one, according to a 2005 Business Week article, I would say that it's an indicator of such. .

That is more a function of the ever increasing cost of a 4 year degree. While I do think there is a "dumbing-down" of America, the cost of education is increasingly making it the domain of the rich.

Several years ago it was reported that the average cost of a pubic university 4-year degree exceeded the average family income in America.

THAT, is an index we should pay attention to if we want to remain competitive in a global economy.

I don't disagree with you, or believe you were being elitist at all.....just trying to play on a level field, since I've been called eletist for saying much less. Those same people just don't see it when its on "their side".

have a good one.

dnf777
01-02-2011, 11:33 AM
[/B]

How would you protect it from future corruption? Sounds interesting

If you can figure that out, and also how to keep my dog from dragging tree branches into the yard....please let me know! :D

scott2012
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
If you can figure that out, and also how to keep my dog from dragging tree branches into the yard....please let me know! :D

Dang that is funny!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

david gibson
01-02-2011, 06:55 PM

if you can train a dog by yourself 100% to master level at least i would think you could handle that task. childs play.

ducknwork
01-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Dogtra, level 127.

Will work well for both situations if the correction is applied at the proper moment.