PDA

View Full Version : Unsportsmanlike Conduct??

dnf777
12-31-2010, 04:48 PM
did anyone else see the syracuse-kansas game and the 15 yard penalty for the guy making a brief "salute" gesture to the crowd at the back of the endzone?

I guess you better just bow your head and walk humbly back to the sideline after scoring a career touchdown??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Did-a-routine-post-TD-salute-really-cost-K-State?urn=ncaaf-301958

Football is becoming a joke anymore.

BonMallari
12-31-2010, 05:26 PM
that call along with other like it are determining the outcome of games, 15 yds on the extra point attempt or on the kickoff is way too severe...but you can thank the Ocho Cinco's and T.Owens of the NFL because all these kids want to emulate the antics they see on ESPN and get on the highlight reel

starjack
12-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Yes i seen it and you are right. These colleges are makeing big time money on these kids and they can not do something so trivial. Thats a bunch of BS. It makes me wonder were the money is really being placed

achiro
12-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Even those that don't want any type of celebration have to admit that until all games are called equally that type of call is complete BS. On the same drive just a few plays before, a Syracuse defender made a good tackle, got up and started brushing himself. The next game, called by a crew from the same conference, Tennessee players did it on every td they scored and nothing was ever called. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the KSU player had been doing it all season without penalty. The inconsistency is the issue with that penalty. Kind of scary that starting next year they will be able to take points away because the penalty will negate a td.

dnf777
12-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Kind of scary that starting next year they will be able to take points away because the penalty will negate a td.

Are you serious???

Its not a conscious effort, but my enthusiasm for watching football is really in decline.

Has soccer infiltrated the football ranks in an attempt to destroy it? :cool:

I agree about Ocho and T, it can go to too far, but this is ridiculous.

dnf777
12-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Yet another reason I'm losing interest in football:

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10365/1114730-100.stm

Pitt football has become a real class-less act! (as have many teams)
When I was a surgical resident at UPMC, I watched the Pitt football squad walk from the hospital back to their field house after a physical. They blatantly threw garbage, food wrappers, and cups right in the middle of campus and on the streets. All the while loudly carrying on in some unintelligible banter.

I vowed they would not ever get one red cent from me, or any other support.

Now this.

cotts135
01-01-2011, 06:27 AM
I am a big fan of Syracuse and was happy to see them win. The excessive celebration call by the ref though was totally wrong. When the ref's become the story then you know something went wrong. In this case it is exceedingly clear that this call did not have to be made, and since it might have determined the outcome of the game this just makes it all the worst.

starjack
01-01-2011, 09:38 AM
that call along with other like it are determining the outcome of games, 15 yds on the extra point attempt or on the kickoff is way too severe...but you can thank the Ocho Cinco's and T.Owens of the NFL because all these kids want to emulate the antics they see on ESPN and get on the highlight reel

Ocho stinko and bo might be some of the problem but it comes down to coaching and self disipline.

sinner
01-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Well if you did not like the salute how about pointing to "God". All the same "Look at me" crap!
I would like to see all of these demonstrative "plays" penalized!
If that happens they will stop!
Do you job! Nobody in our house of business does all this junk when we do our job and isn't that what all athletes have is a job?

road kill
01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
did anyone else see the syracuse-kansas game and the 15 yard penalty for the guy making a brief "salute" gesture to the crowd at the back of the endzone?

I guess you better just bow your head and walk humbly back to the sideline after scoring a career touchdown??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Did-a-routine-post-TD-salute-really-cost-K-State?urn=ncaaf-301958

Football is becoming a joke anymore.

You just don't like any rules, do you??

RK

dnf777
01-01-2011, 03:34 PM
You just don't like any rules, do you??

RK

Every rule is an infringement upon my liberty! :D

didn't Jefferson or Franklin say that?

road kill
01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Every rule is an infringement upon my liberty! :D

didn't Jefferson or Franklin say that?

I'm old, but I wasn't there.

And even if they are recorded as saying that......someone here would tell us what they really meant.

RK

wayne anderson
01-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree that the call against the K-State guy was "over-the-hill," but a lot of the celebration crap is annoying. As Lombardi (or was it Grant?), said, "Act like you've been there before."

Franco
01-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Speaking of unsportsmanlike conduct;

What happened to the Big 10 yesterday?:p

road kill
01-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Speaking of unsportsmanlike conduct;

What happened to the Big 10 yesterday?:p

I had this argument with some Big 10 fans at the gym yesterday.

First of all, WI lost that game by not staying with what they do.....RUN the ball.
Then, win or lose there is no excuse.
They lost that game trying to pass (which they are not real good at) against a team that doesn't allow it.

BUT..........If all these Big 10 teams get spanked by outside speed, why doesn't somebody in the Big 10 build a team on speed??

Don't use the excuse they wouldn't win in conference play, all these teams get spanked (well WI didn't get spanked.....) by these teams with speed.

A good example is AL.
They used to play like trhe Big 10 teams, run the ball, crushing bruiser lineman and backs.

Several years ago they changed and have returned to perrenial power status with SPEED!!

A famous Cubs broadcaster (Jack Brickhouse) always used to say "There is no substitute for speed!!"

That holds true today......

Just my uninformed take.
Though, according to the dog experts on the main RTF forum, I would be the resident expert on D-1 football, you know, due to skins on the wall and awards and all!!;-)

RK

Franco
01-02-2011, 07:36 AM
TCU vs Wisconsin was the only game I watched yesterday.

I went goose hunting in the morning then took a long nap in the afternoon.

It was so obvious that TCU was much faster on the field. Got to love that 4-2-5 Defense they play! I'm not sure that Badger RB could have run for any more yardage.

dnf777
01-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Hey Franco,
If posting this picture doesn't prove how secure in my manhood I am, NOTHING will...

But after seeing your avatar, I thought you'd get a kick out of my wife's painting we have in our hall. Its from one of those street vendors in Jackson Square...

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/DSC_01071.jpg

Franco
01-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Haha, some one is spoofing Rodrigue!

If the Saints don't win the Super Bowl, I'll use that as my avatar!

;-)

Fear le Fleur
(fear the flower)