PDA

View Full Version : yes, such a peaceful, wonderful religion

david gibson
01-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Deep thinker Katie Couric believes that "a seething hatred many people feel for all Muslims" is such a major problem that we need a Muslim version of The Cosby Show to give Americans the warm-and-fuzzies about Islam. Ms. Couric, who lives and works in New York, should examine the data on hate crimes in her state (which may be too much to ask from a woman who earns 8 figures yearly for reading a teleprompter summary of the news). Richards Baehr points out:

11 hate crimes against Muslims, 251 hate crimes against Jews in 2010. Not much evidence of any growth in Islamophobia.But there may be evidence of big growth in hate crimes by Muslims against Jews, once data on individual crimes is released. Maybe what Katie Couric really meant to say was that there was a need for a new Cosby show with a Jewish family.

For my part, I think there are many comic opportunities for a sitcom about a Muslim family dealing with the dilemmas of living in the Great Satan. Clitorectomies, honor killings, shunning infidelas as unclean, and following the prophet's great example in killing Jews all have great potential for heart-warming comedy.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/12/katie_couric_wants_a_muslim_co.html

gman0046
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
It's incredible that people who wipe their backsides with their bare left hand can call anything unclean. How about those seven day sh*tters they wear instead of pants? What could be more disgusting? Muslims never cease to amaze.

david gibson
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
It's incredible that people who wipe their backsides with their bare left hand can call anything unclean. How about those seven day sh*tters they wear instead of pants? What could be more disgusting? Muslims never cease to amaze.

interesting take gman. i wonder how many people here realize that in most muslim countries people wipe their bottoms with their bare hand??? it is widespread and accepted - i have seen it and unfortunately lived it. i realized quickly to save newspaper in my 3rd world travels.

saddam hussein was once ridiculed for being photographed using a towel on his hand as he shook other men's hands. they thought it elitist. they didnt realize he didnt want his clean hand (because he was rich and elitist and had a supply of toilet paper..) shaking the hand that may have recently removed excrement from the beholders "bottom". they dont have pump bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere there either. i actually defended Saddam in that case.

how many of you have traveled in places like this??? or knew this is the way a LARGE portion of the world lives? touristy places cater to westerners, get off the beaten path and its a whole new world baby. no toilet paper - use the right hand. and dont bite your nails......:rolleyes:

david gibson
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
on that same subject, how many of you know what the bathroom habits of latin american immigrants are????

anyone care to opine????

Julie R.
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't think I want to know. I thought the public restrooms in Western Europe were pretty Third World. And then there's Africa, where most of the populace continues to do their business in their drinking water, dodge African Flying Toilets at night, and they huff their own fermented excrement to catch a buzz.... (((((shudder)))))

road kill
01-04-2011, 05:50 PM
interesting take gman. i wonder how many people here realize that in most muslim countries people wipe their bottoms with their bare hand??? it is widespread and accepted - i have seen it and unfortunately lived it. i realized quickly to save newspaper in my 3rd world travels.

saddam hussein was once ridiculed for being photographed using a towel on his hand as he shook other men's hands. they thought it elitist. they didnt realize he didnt want his clean hand (because he was rich and elitist and had a supply of toilet paper..) shaking the hand that may have recently removed excrement from the beholders "bottom". they dont have pump bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere there either. i actually defended Saddam in that case.

how many of you have traveled in places like this??? or knew this is the way a LARGE portion of the world lives? touristy places cater to westerners, get off the beaten path and its a whole new world baby. no toilet paper - use the right hand. and dont bite your nails......:rolleyes:

Many cannot wait until we "catch up with the rest of the world!!"

I read that right here on POTUS!!!:D

RK

Franco
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Here's more from those friendly and understanding followers of Allah;-)

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/01/pakistani_governor_who_opposed.html

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-04-2011, 06:09 PM

I must admit....sadly that I laugh my "ARSE" off every time I hear or read that...

First time I heard it was from my my buddy, 101st AB after his 2nd tour...of course he has a different perspective on the issue than I do...I dont begrudge him one bit for his feelings...

NCA

M&K's Retrievers
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Deep thinker Katie Couric believes that "a seething hatred many people feel for all Muslims" is such a major problem that we need a Muslim version of The Cosby Show to give Americans the warm-and-fuzzies about Islam. Ms. Couric, who lives and works in New York, should examine the data on hate crimes in her state (which may be too much to ask from a woman who earns 8 figures yearly for reading a teleprompter summary of the news). Richards Baehr points out:

11 hate crimes against Muslims, 251 hate crimes against Jews in 2010. Not much evidence of any growth in Islamophobia.But there may be evidence of big growth in hate crimes by Muslims against Jews, once data on individual crimes is released. Maybe what Katie Couric really meant to say was that there was a need for a new Cosby show with a Jewish family.

For my part, I think there are many comic opportunities for a sitcom about a Muslim family dealing with the dilemmas of living in the Great Satan. Clitorectomies, honor killings, shunning infidelas as unclean, and following the prophet's great example in killing Jews all have great potential for heart-warming comedy.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/12/katie_couric_wants_a_muslim_co.html

Was Katie included in the recent discussion about "Stupid"?

david gibson
01-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Was Katie included in the recent discussion about "Stupid"?

she should be!

for those who are so privileged as to not understand life amongst latin american immigrants - i.e future democratic voters, let me enlighten you.

you see, in latin america engineering is very backward. they just dont seem to understand how to build a septic system to last, whatever the reason i dont care, what matters is the end result.

in latin america you dont flush toilet paper. each little stall is provided with a waste basket for you to deposit your used TP.

now in Cancun and Cozamel i know its different - they work hard to make us filthy rich americans feel at home.

but in the real world they toss it in a basket. and if the person whose job it is to empty those baskets fails for whatever reason, the paper gets tossed on the floor. NEVER "down the loo".

so, these same souls come here, and at some time they must answer natures call. they see no waste basket, so even though they are a maid or a busboy at a 5-star Windham they toss their paper on the floor.

we have perfectly operating septic systems and state of the art wastewater treatment systems here, yet the word does not get out that the TP can be flushed.

its so nice to go to the restroom and be confronted with a 2-foot high pile of used TP, typically decorated with a feminine hygiene product or two.. in america. in a 5-star hotel or fortune 100 corporate HQ in downtown Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, etc.

yeah - we need to catch up with the rest of the world!!!! LOL!!!!!

david gibson
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
ok, one last thing came to mind since we have to "catch up to the rest of the world".

how many of you have gone to a restaurant in the US where there was no toilet at all? i mean i nice place, with violinists and candles??? in a popular tourist city? you or the wife go to take a break at the "WC" (water closet) and lo and behold there is no toilet - if a guy and all you have to do is take a leak no biggie - but otherwise you have to aim your no. 2 or both if a lady by squatting into a small hole in the floor that goes directly to the sewer. in rome, paris, venice, it happens. i'd guess that in my travels about 10% of the time - but where i least expected it.

yup - we have to catch up with the rest of the world!

Wayne Beck
01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
on that same subject, how many of you know what the bathroom habits of latin american immigrants are????

anyone care to opine????

Oh man.. I used to be the accountant for a manufacturing plant. We had alot of guatemalens and mexicans. In those countries they dont really have indoor plumbing or if they do it cant handle toilet paper. We had a janitor woman who used to clean the bathrooms and would complain about how next to the toilets she would find wadded up paper that was used to wipe ass.. It was disgusting. It took me about 6 months to break them of this habit with fear of being fired.

dnf777
01-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I feel pity for people so full of hate and arrogance, all they do is scour the internet for anti-non-white hate propaganda, but can't even leave a tribute to a passing musician without criticism.

Now he studies the arse wiping habits of foreigners. God, I'm glad he's as far away as my ex wife. They have a lot in common!

M&K's Retrievers
01-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I feel pity for people so full of hate and arrogance, all they do is scour the internet for anti-non-white hate propaganda, but can't even leave a tribute to a passing musician without criticism.

Now he studies the arse wiping habits of foreigners. God, I'm glad he's as far away as my ex wife. They have a lot in common!

Wrong thread, kemosabe

dnf777
01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Wrong thread, kemosabe

No its not, Tonto. Dont worry about it.

david gibson
01-04-2011, 08:46 PM

you are the one that says we have to catch up with the rest of the world! the rest of the world is what you have not seen as i have. sure, you went overseas with the military, but you were not on your own seeing the romans as the romans do so to speak. your view is well sanitized, pardon the pun.

so please dont start making stuff up again. i have not been studying arse wiping habits. thats your forte. i just have been around the world a bit more than you obviously.

just because i shut you down in your PMs to me you have to go on the attack making up stuff again. wanna talk about sad? if your wife is so hot you wouldnt spend so much time online obsessing about me. now run along and ignore me as i do you.

dnf777
01-04-2011, 09:17 PM
you are the one that says we have to catch up with the rest of the world! the rest of the world is what you have not seen as i have. sure, you went overseas with the military, but you were not on your own seeing the romans as the romans do so to speak. your view is well sanitized, pardon the pun.

so please dont start making stuff up again. i have not been studying arse wiping habits. thats your forte. i just have been around the world a bit more than you obviously.

just because i shut you down in your PMs to me you have to go on the attack making up stuff again. wanna talk about sad? if your wife is so hot you wouldnt spend so much time online obsessing about me. now run along and ignore me as i do you.

I'd post a picture of my wife, but 1) you don't deserve to see her, and 2) wouldn't want your wife to catch you doing what fat boys like you do, when you see a hot woman!

I lived in Saudi Arabia, and dined with princes, and cared for bedouins in desert clinics, but YOU seem to know so much more about them?

You mention your "stance" in other treads, and now perseverate on public restroom habits of Arabs.....sounds like you're a member of the Larry Craig club!

Now shut up and quit bothering me.

david gibson
01-04-2011, 09:21 PM
I'd post a picture of my wife, but 1) you don't deserve to see her, and 2) wouldn't want your wife to catch you doing what fat boys like you do, when you see a hot woman!

I lived in Saudi Arabia, and dined with princes, and cared for bedouins in desert clinics, but YOU seem to know so much more about them?

You mention your "stance" in other treads, and now perseverate on public restroom habits of Arabs.....sounds like you're a member of the Larry Craig club!

Now shut up and quit bothering me.

more class and personal attacks!! keep it up bro - you are on a streak! now you are calling me fat - i am soooo crushed. grow up.

man, i am so sorry i dissed you in your PM. i apologize - i do appreciate your sense of humor! you are a great guy, and have such a great sense of humor! i will never diss you again! i had no idea you would be so vindictive........

but really - are you saying gman and me are not telling the truth? google a little, apparently the bedouin you cared for were ahead of the rest of the world, so yes, i do know more than you.

http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=000Hrm

"I know that most, including me, are stockpiling toilet paper, but if the S really HTF, you won't be able to stock enough. I spent a while in India (Calcutta, mostly), and asia. Most, (75 %, approx.) of the world's population does not use toilet paper. You may say ick, (probably will), but read and put it in your mind to dig out later, if necessary. I brought tp with me to India, saying i would never resort to the alternative, and not quite believing that there really would not be any. Well, lets just say, that it is difficult to believe, but toilet paper has a way of just disappearing, and bodily functions do not. I was finally forced to admit that there was no more anywhere in the country to be had. I was not about to use my towel, so i had to use the alternative. In these countries (and if the SHTF, this country too), a bucket of water is usually placed next to the pit toilet (it's far worse when there isn't any bucket, or someone forgot to replace said water, believe me i know). After said bodily functions have functioned, take a handful or scoop ful of water and wash. Get in the habit of using only 1 hand for this function (harder than you would think), and the other for shaking others hands, eating out of communal food bowel etc. (i think most of these countries, hindu, muslim etc, use left hand for body functions, and right for social/eating functions, and neither the twain shall meet."

dnf777
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
more class! keep it up bro - you are on a streak!

Don't call me bro.
And I don't need a hate-filled racist commenting on my "class".
Your words are empty and meaningless.

dnf777
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
now run along and ignore me as i do you.

LMAO!

Do you see how idiotic that is?

No, I'm sure you don't. :rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
01-04-2011, 09:32 PM
No its not, Tonto. Dont worry about it.

Whoo! Your not on call are you?

david gibson
01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
LMAO!

Do you see how idiotic that is?

No, I'm sure you don't. :rolleyes:

i know, that was wrong, bro. i just feel so bad for hurting your feelings in your PM. come on bro, we're pals, right?

if not, at least quit calling me names?? please? it really hurts me.

dnf777
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Whoo! Your not on call are you?

10 out of the last 23 days.

I wish we would go socialized medicine....9-5, M-F!

dnf777
01-04-2011, 09:42 PM
i know, that was wrong, bro. i just feel so bad for hurting your feelings in your PM. come on bro, we're pals, right?

if not, at least quit calling me names?? please? it really hurts me.

I PM'd you a good-natured ribbing about your "stance" comment, and you got all red-faced and your claws came out like a little kitty in a corner.

You don't hurt my feelings, you just help me understand how there is so much angst and hatred in this world. There should be an island for people like you.

M&K's Retrievers
01-04-2011, 09:44 PM
10 out of the last 23 days.

I wish we would go socialized medicine....9-5, M-F!

And that's one of the problems. :-?

david gibson
01-04-2011, 09:53 PM
I PM'd you a good-natured ribbing about your "stance" comment, and you got all red-faced and your claws came out like a little kitty in a corner.

You don't hurt my feelings, you just help me understand how there is so much angst and hatred in this world. There should be an island for people like you.

LOL!

so because i dont want to be your friend you get teary eyed and vindictive.

dude - please quit stalking me. just go away. no pms, nothing. ok?

zeus3925
01-04-2011, 09:58 PM
What has all this to do with dog training anyway?

Uncle Bill
01-05-2011, 10:17 AM

:confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

Where have you been the past few years??? This is the tailgate area, or has that sailed over your head. AND, FWIW, it's OPTIONAL!

BTW, RTF has beaucoup dog training threads.

Your welcome,

UB

dnf777
01-05-2011, 10:41 AM

See ya in the RTF! There's some really good threads going by Ted Shih, that haven't been corrupted yet, with lots of good, experienced, input.

M&K's Retrievers
01-05-2011, 10:56 AM
See ya in the RTF! There's some really good threads going by Ted Shih, that haven't been corrupted yet, with lots of good, experienced, input.

You haven't been paying attention. Shih is belly aching about some guy named Fallen I think.

dnf777
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
You haven't been paying attention. Shih is belly aching about some guy named Fallen I think.

Oh yeah, there's a history there. Aside from a little static, the handling threads have been really awesome, with some high-mileage folks chiming in.

zeus3925
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
When it comes to religion, some of you are like school boys arguing about who is the real gift bringer for Christmas: Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, or Santa Claus.--and whether or not he uses a sleigh, troika or Zamboni. You have never seen the actual dude in person, but, you are sure of your position because of what you have been told. You are very ready to berate, badger, hector and even thump the ones that don't agree with your point of view.

road kill
01-05-2011, 02:09 PM
When it comes to religion, some of you are like school boys arguing about who is the real gift bringer for Christmas: Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, or Santa Claus.--and whether or not he uses a sleigh, troika or Zamboni. You have never seen the actual dude in person, but, you are sure of your position because of what you have been told. You are very ready to berate, badger, hector and even thump the ones that don't agree with your point of view.

"What has all this to do with dog training anyway? "
just sayin'........:D

RK

zeus3925
01-05-2011, 02:12 PM
"What has all this to do with dog training anyway? "
just sayin'........:D

RK

Nothing!!!!

road kill
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Nothing!!!!

Oh......OK!

RK

Uncle Bill
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM

Hate to say it, but I did receive a message from your ex. She was still PO'd about you screwing up this phoner.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/Uncle_Bill22/mantakesmessage.jpg

She also added a pic of herself and an explanation of why the retiring Gibbs had the wrong measurement. I figured she should know eh?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/Uncle_Bill22/Theladyknowsyou.jpg

Not sure any of us even knew you had an EX. But once that is made public, it's amazing how quickly WikiLeaks tells the world. ;)

UB

david gibson
01-05-2011, 04:25 PM
funny!!!! good work UB!

dnf777
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I know its egotistical of me to even wonder if those two bozos are talking about me, but I'll resist the temptation to un-ignore and find out!

Ironically, I'm too busy taking the trash out to be bothered with it.

Marvin S
01-05-2011, 05:56 PM
the handling threads have been really awesome, with some high-mileage folks chiming in.

& with your limited background, that would be whom :-P.

I know its egotistical of me to even wonder if those two bozos are talking about me, but I'll resist the temptation to un-ignore and find out!

Without a doubt, that is the closest to a believable post you have ever made. :-P :-P :-P :BIG: .

Marvin S
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Hate to say it, but I did receive a message from your ex. She was still PO'd about you screwing up this phoner.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/Uncle_Bill22/mantakesmessage.jpg

She also added a pic of herself and an explanation of why the retiring Gibbs had the wrong measurement. I figured she should know eh?

Not sure any of us even knew you had an EX. But once that is made public, it's amazing how quickly WikiLeaks tells the world. ;)

UB

Other than Julie R's usual quality cartoons - that has to be the best one I have seen on any site. God Job, UB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david gibson
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM

its pretty obvious she is talking about you here

david gibson
01-05-2011, 06:50 PM

so how would you think anyone is talking about you???

dude, you are really weird.

FOAD DG regards!!!!! ;-)