PDA

View Full Version : HELP US BEAT THE DEMOCRATS! Vote to save more labs AND more...

Kristie Wilder
01-06-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm hoping that you many of you despise the left so much that you'll take a few minutes to vote for our project over at the Pepsi Refresh Everyting competition. There is a left-wing group called "The Progressive Slate" (http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=2127481 <here's a summary of what's going on off Sean Hannity's forum).

When they enter the competition, which has been on three different months including this one, they sweep the top spots. In November, we almost quit because they took the top nine spots in our category ($50K) and most of us little guys just couldn't compete against them.

The kicker is that they are apparently backed by, and are part of, Democratic political interests, which is against the rules and spirit of the competition (yet Pepsi continues to let them enter).

They are currently in the top four spots in our category and I'm confident they will stay there and that there is no way we can beat them. HOWEVER, the top TEN spots win their money. We are currently NUMBER SEVEN, which is GREAT.

WE NEED TO STAY THERE OR MOVE HIGHER and we need CUMULATIVE PUBLIC VOTES to do this. The competition is based completely on cumulative public DAILY voting. We need as many people as possible to vote every single day.

Since there are really only six spots open to "the other guys", including us, we need to be VERY competitive to remain there. Basically #5 is the new #1 since they have cinched the top four.

COULD YOU PLEASE HELP US STAY IN THIS??? This is the last month we'll be in because Pepsi is shutting it down until March, when they will open up with all new causes. We are trying to win $50,000 towards a new facility -- most of which is already being donated.

PLEASE GO TO: http://www.savemoredogs.com to support us (Life is labs Rescue) and our nine other partner causes, who are also competing against the Progressive Slate in each of their categories. You can see the progressive slate causes here: pep.si/eI0MYP and you can see where they have massive Democrat support here: http://www.democrats.com/support-the-progressive-slate

I'm hoping my conservative friends will be fired up enough to help. THANKS for considering!! PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE YOU THINK MIGHT BE WILLING TO HELP!

Sincerely,
Kristie

THIS IS WHAT WE DO, BTW:

http://www.lifeislabs.org/libby_ad_sm.jpg

ducknwork
01-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Where is the link to go and vote?

Also, if you are a member of The Refuge, you can probably pick up a TON of votes over there...If not, let me know and I'll post a link over there for you tonight.

road kill
01-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm hoping that you many of you despise the left so much that you'll take a few minutes to vote for our project over at the Pepsi Refresh Everyting competition. There is a left-wing group called "The Progressive Slate" (http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=2127481 <here's a summary of what's going on off Sean Hannity's forum).

When they enter the competition, which has been on three different months including this one, they sweep the top spots. In November, we almost quit because they took the top nine spots in our category ($50K) and most of us little guys just couldn't compete against them.

The kicker is that they are apparently backed by, and are part of, Democratic political interests, which is against the rules and spirit of the competition (yet Pepsi continues to let them enter).

They are currently in the top four spots in our category and I'm confident they will stay there and that there is no way we can beat them. HOWEVER, the top TEN spots win their money. We are currently NUMBER SEVEN, which is GREAT.

WE NEED TO STAY THERE OR MOVE HIGHER and we need CUMULATIVE PUBLIC VOTES to do this. The competition is based completely on cumulative public DAILY voting. We need as many people as possible to vote every single day.

Since there are really only six spots open to "the other guys", including us, we need to be VERY competitive to remain there. Basically #5 is the new #1 since they have cinched the top four.

COULD YOU PLEASE HELP US STAY IN THIS??? This is the last month we'll be in because Pepsi is shutting it down until March, when they will open up with all new causes. We are trying to win $50,000 towards a new facility -- most of which is already being donated.

PLEASE GO TO: http://www.savemoredogs to support us (Life is labs Rescue) and our nine other partner causes, who are also competing against the Progressive Slate in each of their categories. You can see the progressive slate causes here: pep.si/eI0MYP and you can see where they have massive Democrat support here: http://www.democrats.com/support-the-progressive-slate

I'm hoping my conservative friends will be fired up enough to help. THANKS for considering!! PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE YOU THINK MIGHT BE WILLING TO HELP!

Sincerely,
Kristie

THIS IS WHAT WE DO, BTW:

http://www.lifeislabs.org/libby_ad_sm.jpg

I don't despise anyone anymore.

But I do admire your work, and we are doing what we can.

stan b & Elvis

Buzz
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Kristie, even though you appear to hate me....

I was inclined to go click to help you save more dogs because I don't feel that saving dogs is a partisan issue. But alas, I clicked on your link and it didn't work.

road kill
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Kristie, even though you appear to hate me....

I was inclined to go click to help you save more dogs because I don't feel that saving dogs is a partisan issue. But alas, I clicked on your link and it didn't work.

That's OK Buzz, Kristie stood me up once, broke my heart, I was devastated.......:(

She must have found out how I got the handle "road kill.":cool:

I love her anyways!!!:D

RK

ducknwork
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I found it...google 'pepsi refresh project'...click on Kristie's cause to vote, set up an account...you get up to 10 votes per day. Tell your friends.

Eric Johnson
01-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Kristi-

A strategy question. Is it better to vote for your group and throw away the other nine vote or to vote for you and the bottom 9 vote getters?

Eric

paul young
01-06-2011, 11:06 AM
aaaahhhh, yes......the "evil" Democrats.

pitiful and uncalled for.......-Paul

Kristie Wilder
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
LOL, y'all are funny.

All you have to do is go to:
http://www.savemoredogs.com and vote for the 10 causes there. There's a quick link for voting. :)

I don't hate anyone, but I sure do want to beat them and win this money for our cause. This group has swept the competition and possibly simply because they have a better network or more money -- which is not a crime or against the rules. But you can google it and see what you think of them, the causes they're supporting (many related to things like "training community organizers" and with $45,000 allocated for travelling expenses and the like).

You are welcome to form your own opinion of course! I just hoped it might fire some of the anti-liberals to give us a hand. The liberals can vote off the main link in the main RTF forum. LOL

Either way, THANK YOU GUYS for all your votes!!!!!

Kristie Wilder
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Kristi-

A strategy question. Is it better to vote for your group and throw away the other nine vote or to vote for you and the bottom 9 vote getters?

Eric

best to vote for us and our partners that are supporting us -- http://www.savemoredogs.com is a website I designed to make it very easy to support the 10 groups with your 10 daily votes.

THANKS!!

sinner
01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry, we can't find "www.savemoredogs". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.
error
Also don't lump all of us "Democrats" in with the total pot.
I just happen to be an independent thinker who generally agrees more with Democratic issues than Republican. "Vote for term limits for all"

Buzz
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
kristie - the "independents" here are an odd sort.
#1) they support the side that would take away our 2nd amendment rights.

you just saw it first hand, i never heard you say you hate anyone, but you were painted as having done so. it is really mind boggling. keep up the good cause!

#1, I'd like to see some polling on that. Do a majority of Dems want to take your gun rights away, or is it a minority. I'm sure we can find some issues you disagree with on your side that a fringe supports.

#2, No, you didn't see the word hate, but you did see this:

I'm hoping that you many of you despise the left so much that you'll take a few minutes to vote for our project over at the Pepsi Refresh Everyting competition.

Looking in the thesaurus we find that hate is in the list of synonyms for despise. Sorry I threw a curve with my change in terminology! ;-)

Main Entry: despise

Part of Speech: verb

Definition: look down on

Synonyms: abhor, abominate, allergic to, contemn, deride, detest, disdain, disregard, eschew, execrate, feel contempt for, flout, hate, have no use for, loathe, look down nose at, misprize, neglect, put down*, reject, renounce, repudiate, revile, scorn, shun, slight, snub, spurn, undervalue, wipe out

road kill
01-06-2011, 01:35 PM
#1, I'd like to see some polling on that. Do a majority of Dems want to take your gun rights away, or is it a minority. I'm sure we can find some issues you disagree with on your side that a fringe supports.

#2, No, you didn't see the word hate, but you did see this:

Looking in the thesaurus we find that hate is in the list of synonyms for despise. Sorry I threw a curve with my change in terminology! ;-)

Main Entry: despise

Part of Speech: verb

Definition: look down on

Synonyms: abhor, abominate, allergic to, contemn, deride, detest, disdain, disregard, eschew, execrate, feel contempt for, flout, hate, have no use for, loathe, look down nose at, misprize, neglect, put down*, reject, renounce, repudiate, revile, scorn, shun, slight, snub, spurn, undervalue, wipe out

Buzz, did Kristie say she "despised" the left, or was she speaking to those here who do??
My read was a bit of tongue in cheek, but perhaps that's only for "middle of the road independentrs!!":cool:

Have a FANTASTIC day!!!:D

RK

Buzz
01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Buzz, did Kristie say she "despised" the left,

RK

OK, ya got me. ;-)

road kill
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
OK, ya got me. ;-)

I am not trying to get you, I just don't think Kristie is like that.

stan b

Kristie Wilder
01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Sorry, we can't find "www.savemoredogs". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.
error
Also don't lump all of us "Democrats" in with the total pot.
I just happen to be an independent thinker who generally agrees more with Democratic issues than Republican. "Vote for term limits for all"

http://www.savemoredogs.com is functional.

paul young
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
LOL, y'all are funny.

All you have to do is go to:
http://www.savemoredogs.com and vote for the 10 causes there. There's a quick link for voting. :)

I don't hate anyone, but I sure do want to beat them and win this money for our cause. This group has swept the competition and possibly simply because they have a better network or more money -- which is not a crime or against the rules. But you can google it and see what you think of them, the causes they're supporting (many related to things like "training community organizers" and with $45,000 allocated for travelling expenses and the like).

You are welcome to form your own opinion of course! I just hoped it might fire some of the anti-liberals to give us a hand. The liberals can vote off the main link in the main RTF forum. LOL

Either way, THANK YOU GUYS for all your votes!!!!!

Kristie,

i happen to be a registered Democrat. perhaps if you wanted me to vote for your organization to win the funds you need, you shouldn't have insulted me. just food for thought.-Paul

road kill
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Kristie,

i happen to be a registered Democrat. perhaps if you wanted me to vote for your organization to win the funds you need, you shouldn't have insulted me. just food for thought.-Paul

Anyone have a tissue??

Or maybe some cheese???

RK

ducknwork
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Kristie,

You either have:

a) Skin too thin to spend much time on POTUS, or the internet, for that matter.

or

b) A sense of humor equivalent to that of a rock.

Sorry, I guess I just hurt your feelings also...

Just curious, did you vote for all the LGBT causes at the top just to show Kristie who's boss? Go get 'em tiger!! Grrrrrr....

Uncle Bill
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
"Got-er-done", Kristy. Good luck to you, and best of luck with that endeavor.

UB

ducknwork
01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
watch out duck! he might FOAD you like dnf did to me!

I don't want to know about what you and dnf do in your private time!:shock:

BTW, what the hell is FOAD? I feel as though I missed something here...

paul young
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM
kristie - the "independents" here are an odd sort. they support the side that would take away our 2nd amendment rights. if the democrats suddenly decided to outlaw FTs and HTs they would find a way to spin it. lately they have become even more testy due to the changes in DC and we have seen a marked increase in name calling and insults, to the point of one of them even being banned. you just saw it first hand, i never heard you say you hate anyone, but you were painted as having done so. it is really mind boggling. keep up the good cause!

Gibson,

with the possible exception of G man, you are the king of insults on this forum. kettle, meet pot....

your post above is just rhetoric. the second amendment is safe from ANY political party or coalition thereof. why? because it's political suicide.

i'm 58 years old and have been listening to this fearmongering monolog for all my adult life. i still have all my firearms, can travel freely within our country with them, and go hunting in any state. you may be able to whip someone else into a state of fear, but it won't be me.

if the FT or HT games go under it will be because people like yourself who give nothing back to the sport sat on the sidelines instead of supporting and participating in the club(s) in your area-Paul

paul young
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
You either have:

a) Skin too thin to spend much time on POTUS, or the internet, for that matter.

or

b) A sense of humor equivalent to that of a rock.

Sorry, I guess I just hurt your feelings also...

Just curious, did you vote for all the LGBT causes at the top just to show Kristie who's boss? Go get 'em tiger!! Grrrrrr....

hi Duck,

a) i just thought i'd point out that you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

b) that may be your perception, and you're within your rights to think so.

-no, you didn't.

-no, i didn't.

hope you're having a good waterfowl season down there.-Paul

paul young
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
enlighten me. tell me about the tests or trials that you have chaired, or been secretary or gun captain for, or judged, or which clubs you have been an officer in. i may be wrong.....-Paul

paul young
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
well, i KNOW that you're not a judge, and the only thing i've ever seen you post relative to training your dog on this forum involved trespassing, so i don't think you're the sort that joins clubs and works to help the sport to flourish. that's what i base my assumption on.

oh yeah, and i'm not your friend.-Paul

troy schwab
01-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Kristie,
Voted for ya.... good luck. Paul and Gib..... you two need to get a room......Pathetic.

starjack
01-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Got it done for you good luck.

road kill
01-06-2011, 04:54 PM
enlighten me. tell me about the tests or trials that you have chaired, or been secretary or gun captain for, or judged, or which clubs you have been an officer in. i may be wrong.....-Paul

Are you asking everyone?
Which includes me?

Cause I belong to WATKC (AKC), WISILL (HRC), FVRC (AKC) and a national member of NAHRA & HRC.

I worked 3 AKC HT's last year=6 days (ran my dog in 5), worked 1 FT=2 days (didn't run, I am not good enough), worked in 3 HRC events (ran in 3), worked at the WATKC Jamboree.

I apprentice judges and judged 1 AKC JH.
I am scheduled to judge 2 events this year.
I don't care what the AKC site says, it's wrong I can prove it.

I am active with the FVRC club as we train 2 nites a week and 1 weekend day.
But that is only in the spring/summer/fall.
And in that club we all do more working to help each other than training our own dogs.

I am training now with WISILL (HRC) to compete for an upland title yet this winter.
I went to the Evan Graham seminars hosted by the WISILL HRC club the last 2 years and volunteered some time for those as well.

2 years ago ('09) I compaigned my pup in NAHRA in IA & MN (a several hour ride for us) and ran in 9 tests as well as my GF volunteering time as a Marshall.

Meager by some standards, and I ain't bragging, I love doing it!!!
Not a chair or officer, but I hope to get even more involved as I learn more.

............and you?

stan b

Oh. and I have found out where all the Wal-Mart parking lots are and my windshield is spotless!!!:D

david gibson
01-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Are you asking everyone?
Which includes me?

Cause I belong to WATKC (AKC), WISILL (HRC), FVRC (AKC) and a national member of NAHRA & HRC.

I worked 3 AKC HT's last year=6 days (ran my dog in 5), worked 1 FT=2 days (didn't run, I am not good enough), worked in 3 HRC events (ran in 3), worked at the WATKC Jamboree.

And in that club we all do more working to help each other than training our own dogs.

I am training now with WISILL (HRC) to compete for an upland title yet this winter.
I went to the Evan Graham seminars hosted by the WISILL HRC club the last 2 years and volunteered some time for those as well.

2 years ago ('09) I compaigned my pup in NAHRA in IA & MN (a several hour ride for us) and ran in 9 tests as well as my GF volunteering time as a Marshall.

............and you?

stan b

Oh. and I have found out where all the Wal-Mart parking lots are and my windshield is spotless!!!:D

he is calling me out stan, i answered in pm to not hijack kristies thread.

road kill
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
he is calling me out stan, i answered in pm to not hijack kristies thread.

No, he is calling all of us out as though he is vastly superior.

It that eliteism and smugness that leftys wear on their sleeves.

Most annoying.
And none of that stuff makes anyone any better or worse than anyone else.

RK

paul young
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Are you asking everyone?
Which includes me?

............and you?

stan b

no that was addressed to Gibson. he pulled his posts.

since you asked; i'm a member of Shoreline and Yankee Waterfowlers. i do the equipment manager/bird steward job at the Yankee tests

i judge and run AKC, HRC and NAHRA tests and have judged a few AKC FT's, last year to the tune of 11 weekends.

i have chaired many tests for all 3 orgs in both clubs over the last 20 years and been test secretary for 2 (never again-HORRIBLE job! hat's off to anyone that takes that on). i have marshaled the Derby for Shoreline the last 2 years. i am test chairman for our Nahra test this year and have 6 judging assignments so far.

i'm not bragging either. some folks do more, i'm sure.

i enjoyed that joke! i shared it with a couple co-workers that liked it as well. even a rock has a sense of humor, LOL!-Paul

starjack
01-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Are you asking everyone?
Which includes me?

............and you?

stan b

Stan i know this is kriste thead but sure would like some info on hrc upland test . Thanks jake

sinner
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I judged my first all age AKC test in 1972. I have over 60 all age points and have judged a National AM. I started the Fort Collins Club with one pointer, and 3 lab guys in 1968. I have been field trial chair, gun captain, bird Stewart, marshaled so many times I have lost track. I have laid in ditches and planted blinds and taped live ducks feet & wings when that was OK in field trials. I have lived gun and dry gunned & taught others.Have had a nut case drunk call my wife and threaten to burn our home and kill our dogs because his friends were found guilty of unsportsmanlike like conduct (they were guilty as sin) and he was not even at the trial. Call me a crazy Democrat who loves the dogs and the completion.
Have been a member of all 5 clubs in the Rocky Mt. area.
Dropped my Membership in NRA & Ducks Unlimited because of their political contributions and the negative false marketing they do. I did vote to support Kristie even though Hannity made this a political issue. It is not and neither is gun control, abortion or euthanasia. And I am for term limits.

Eric Johnson
01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
The other shoe has dropped.....

Eric

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/business/06charity.html?_r=1&scp=4&sq=Pepsi&st=cse

http://tinyurl.com/2eelsqm

New Charges of Cheating Tarnish Pepsi Fund-Raising Contest for Nonprofits
By STEPHANIE STROM
Published: January 5, 2011

Pepsi Refresh, the online fund-raising contest with a $20 million giveaway for charitable causes and nonprofit groups, is again receiving complaints that its results are being manipulated.

A few nonprofit groups say that recent winners have used a mysterious service to propel themselves into the winning ranks, and complain that the practice breaks Pepsi’s ban on proxy voting and on votes from international locations.

“I feel like we were cheated out of a win,” said Ann Goody, a founder of the Three Ring Ranch, an exotic-animal sanctuary in Kona, Hawaii, that participated in the contest for many months. “We worked our hearts out with e-mails, phone calls, Facebook, kids handing out candy canes at Wal-Mart and then we find out our win was stolen from us by people breaking the rules.”

-more-

road kill
01-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Eric

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/business/06charity.html?_r=1&scp=4&sq=Pepsi&st=cse

By STEPHANIE STROM

Pepsi Refresh, the online fund-raising contest with a $20 million giveaway for charitable causes and nonprofit groups, is again receiving complaints that its results are being manipulated.

A few nonprofit groups say that recent winners have used a mysterious service to propel themselves into the winning ranks, and complain that the practice breaks Pepsi’s ban on proxy voting and on votes from international locations.

“I feel like we were cheated out of a win,” said Ann Goody, a founder of the Three Ring Ranch, an exotic-animal sanctuary in Kona, Hawaii, that participated in the contest for many months. “We worked our hearts out with e-mails, phone calls, Facebook, kids handing out candy canes at Wal-Mart and then we find out our win was stolen from us by people breaking the rules.”

-more-

That is a shame.
It angries up the blood.......:mad:

stan b

Kristie Wilder
01-07-2011, 04:02 PM

Eric

By STEPHANIE STROM

Yeah, I've been watching that closely. Some of the causes I "know" personally have mentioned being approached by interests overseas to rig their voting. I have never had anyone contact us -- I'm kind of insulted??? LOL But probably better that way.

At the same time... You really have to WORK this contest. It has been a TON of work for us small groups. I'm really proud of what we've accomplished and I pray we're still up there on Jan 31st...

THANK YOU ALL (or most of you LOL) for your support. I appreciate it.

And I didn't mean to insult anyone. I just thought it went with the ambiance, shall we say, of this forum.

Eric Johnson
01-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Another story on this situation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-pepsi-contest-0107-20110106,0,2993832.story

Eric

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
You have my vote.....keep up the good work!!!!

NCA

ducknwork
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM

I can't tell you about them...because they don't exist...never even entered a test. Dixie just fetches dead ducks.

Yesterday, she made 3 blind retrieves and another mark on buffleheads in the big water.:D

Don't need no stinkin' ribbon here!

paul young
01-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I can't tell you about them...because they don't exist...never even entered a test. Dixie just fetches dead ducks.

Yesterday, she made 3 blind retrieves and another mark on buffleheads in the big water.:D

Don't need no stinkin' ribbon here!

no one needs to respond to that. it was for Gibson, but he deleted his posts and sent me a couple PM's. i'm don't delete posts, but if it causing confusion, i guess i could.-Paul

david gibson
01-08-2011, 06:47 PM
no one needs to respond to that. it was for Gibson, but he deleted his posts and sent me a couple PM's. i'm don't delete posts, but if it causing confusion, i guess i could.-Paul

i deleted them paul because you very rudely hijacked Kristies thread. thats it. i have nothing to hide, and you are STILL allowing her thread to be hijacked by your posts and not apologizing for it.

Kristie Wilder
01-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi guys, I'm just bumping this because we're about to enter the last half of the competition and it's going to get ugly... The bad thing about the program is that it becomes political when you're in a win and groups align together... And then folks bully one another (craziness when we're all fighting for good causes) and people do things that they might not otherwise do to get in a win. We need everyone's support now more than ever and through the end of the month.

I'm asking my friends to share this with anyone they think can help. Just ask them to go to http://www.votingtowin.com and everything's there. We have a HUGE problem with the shelters in our area. Just our small group of counties puts to sleep about 30,000 dogs a year. Granted, there's a very small percentage where that might be the best option, but many are beautiful, well-tempered animals and many of those are Labs and lab mixes. It's awful... Please help us help them!!

Kristie Wilder
02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to come by and say thank you... We are officially a finalist and will be announced as a winner on Feb 23rd once all the paperwork is filed unless something crazy happens. Thanks so much for helping us win...

starjack
02-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Congrats!!!!!

Uncle Bill
02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Happy to hear it turned out in your favor, Kristy. Continued success with your program.

UB

M&K's Retrievers
02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Good for you!:)