PDA

View Full Version : RTF/POTUS Gathering

road kill
01-13-2011, 07:53 AM
OK, we talked about it, now I am getting the ball rolling on this.

Let me know if you are interested, roughly where you are and what format would you like it to be in and time frame.
ie: hunt, sporting clays, ice fishing or a nice clubhouse, sports bar?

Enter, sign in, voice your preferences and I will get this put together.
I am hoping sometime in FEB since that is the absolute most horrible month in the year!!

stan b

road kill
01-13-2011, 08:10 AM
ex: Lots of IA, IL, WI guys here.
WE could pick a spot everyone could get to in a couple hour drive or less.
So speak up, let's make this happen.

Maybe even get Chris Atkinson to be a special guest speaker!!!:shock:

stan b

Franco
01-13-2011, 08:30 AM
I vote for some place where we can shoot some pheasants and ducks.

I'll even bring my dog.

or

Las Vegas.

M&K's Retrievers
01-13-2011, 08:50 AM
How about Gibson's favorite watering hole? :cool:

Julie R.
01-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Maybe Roger Perry could invite us all down to his crib in Fla. After all, right now it's the only state with no snow on the ground~!

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/dda005a9.jpg

Hey Rog, can we come and play?

ducknwork
01-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Maybe Roger Perry could invite us all down to his crib in Fla. After all, right now it's the only state with no snow on the ground~!

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/dda005a9.jpg

Hey Rog, can we come and play?

I'm out...:cool::)

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 11:33 AM
here is a novel idea....

Why don't we meet at a FT or HT....I guess that would involve some actually training dogs...tailgate parties used to be all about discussing politics, gossip, the AKC, and other world events...after all some of us were going to be there anyway...

Roger Perry
01-13-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm out...:cool::)

Weren't you supposed to come down and shine my shoes???:lol:

Jason Glavich
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
OK, we talked about it, now I am getting the ball rolling on this.

Let me know if you are interested, roughly where you are and what format would you like it to be in and time frame.
ie: hunt, sporting clays, ice fishing or a nice clubhouse, sports bar?

Enter, sign in, voice your preferences and I will get this put together.
I am hoping sometime in FEB since that is the absolute most horrible month in the year!!

stan b

in order to be fair to everyone it probably should not include guns, alchohol or actual dog training, and to be safe politics should not be brought up. And also this should not be a real meeting due to someone maybe getting offended by the way someone looks.

so what does that leave?

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
in order to be fair to everyone it probably should not include guns, alchohol or actual dog training, and to be safe politics should not be brought up. And also this should not be a real meeting due to someone maybe getting offended by the way someone looks.

so what does that leave?

it was the dogs that got us here....if it wasn't about the dogs, how many of us would continue to show up..I sure wouldn't

road kill
01-13-2011, 01:18 PM
OK.....I guess me and Elvis will just do it ourselves.

Thanks for the feedback.:rolleyes:

(note to self; what the hell were you thinking!!??!!??:confused:)

stan b

Jason Glavich
01-13-2011, 01:28 PM
OK.....I guess me and Elvis will just do it ourselves.

Thanks for the feedback.:rolleyes:

(note to self; what the hell were you thinking!!??!!??:confused:)

stan b

If I was close I would come. I was just joking about removing all potential argument starters.

M&K's Retrievers
01-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Too far for me too and definitely in the wrong direction this time of year.

starjack
01-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Strong possibilty. Just a thought what if you you would region it. Say. WI. IA. ILL. MINN.Have around the same dates and then compare how every thing went right here on potus. That way everybody who wanted to come could be close to there home state. Just a thought

road kill
01-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Strong possibilty. Just a thought what if you you would region it. Say. WI. IA. ILL. MINN.Have around the same dates and then compare how every thing went right here on potus. That way everybody who wanted to come could be close to there home state. Just a thought

I'm thinking a HT in NW IL.

I would be going anyway.

Doesn't matter if it's HRC or AKC.

stan b

ducknwork
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Weren't you supposed to come down and shine my shoes???:lol:

Memory must be the first to go, huh Rog?

I'm pretty certain that wasn't me.

As a matter of fact, now I do remember...you better PM stumpholehunter about that.

:lol::lol::lol:<<at the old man...

It would be a nice thing to do, RK, but unless it's in eastern NC, I won't be making it. My hunting stash is a depressing thing to look at right this minute. Good thing our season is almost over.

duckheads
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Kankakee River HRC spring hunt 4/16, 4/17/11 would be a good place!

road kill
01-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Kankakee River HRC spring hunt 4/16, 4/17/11 would be a good place!

You know what, that is just about perfect.
Good time, pretty central location.

I WILL BE THERE!!!

We will enter in seasoned.
(I will be the one in camo with a black dog!!:D)

Anybody else??

stan b & Elvis

M&K's Retrievers
01-13-2011, 03:04 PM
It will be fun. 1800+ miles is a little far for a weekend excursion. Take pictures.

starjack
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking a HT in NW IL.

I would be going anyway.

Doesn't matter if it's HRC or AKC.

stan b

Never went to a hunt test out of state. But there`s always a first.

Buzz
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I'd be up for a field trial. My dogs would get clobbered at a hunt test, too high rolling.

But, I'm afraid I'd get beat up, lol!

One bad thing about the online screen names, if we used real names we'd know who was going to be at an event. I've been talking to people before and found out afterward that it was someone I'd know from RTF.

road kill
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
I'd be up for a field trial. My dogs would get clobbered at a hunt test, too high rolling.yeah, yeah, yeah.....

One bad thing about the online screen names, if we used real names we'd know who was going to be at an event. I've been talking to people before and found out afterward that it was someone I'd know from RTF.

I am the one that would get beat up!!:shock:

I use my name sometimes.
I have had several approach me and say howdy.
All have been terrific people.
Wonder if I met their expectations.

Just a guy regards.......

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd be up for a field trial. My dogs would get clobbered at a hunt test, too high rollingI.E. not steady?.

Come on Buzz. Everyone knows hunt tests are easy. Just 3 short marks, a walk up and a short blind. Oh, then there is the honor bucket and handling the gun.:rolleyes::D:roll::wink:

Franco
01-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Stan, why not set up an ice fishing trip.

All of us Potus Place posters standing in a hut, shivering and looking at a hole in the ice and talking politics!

On second thought, I still like the Vegas idea;-)

Cody Covey
01-13-2011, 07:06 PM

All of us Potus Place posters standing in a hut, shivering and looking at a hole in the ice and talking politics!

Drinking, strippers, and politics...what could go wrong :)

dnf777
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM

I think an ice-fishing trip in July would be a safer bet! :D

road kill
01-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Well, there is the beer & whisky & cigars.:D

(another note to self....what the hell where you thinking???????????:shock:)

RK

Franco
01-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Well, there is the beer & whisky & cigars.:D

I like Cody's idea better; drinking, strippers and politics.:)

I miss a good gentleman's club. I learned soon after moving here 5 plus years ago that any talented stripper is not going to stay here! If they have any dancing talent, they are either in New Orleans or Houston.;-)

Marvin S
01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking late July early August somewhere that is fairly warm so talent can be fully evaluated, I do like scenery :). No bad snakes, mosquitoes, yellowjackets, waspy critters or bad vegetation.

A free for all trial, 5 series guaranteed, 8 series total. Instant score card, all things would be considered by the judges to enter into the score. AKC rules apply. Winner gets to choose the following year's venue.

No booze until the day's festivites were concluded! Got a new set of glasses today & the ticker guy said I'm good for another 50K so I'll judge for you ;-), that means Ted will come :-P. You pick the spot.

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM

Remember the movie "the Hangover"....we might end up leaving a few bodies on the roof of Caesars:p:p

Cody Covey
01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Remember the movie "the Hangover"....we might end up leaving a few bodies on the roof of Caesars:p:p

Roger trying to train a tiger to dock dive? :)