PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

gman0046
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
The price for regular gas has risen here to $3.149. Where are the Liberals? Not a peep about the high prices. If Bush was still in office, they would be climbing the walls. What is Obongolo doing to help lower the prices? Probably the same thing he's done to improve the economy, improve the housing market and to curb unemployment. What a failure he's been.

Roger Perry
01-13-2011, 01:32 PM
The price for regular gas has risen here to $3.149. Where are the Liberals? Not a peep about the high prices. If Bush was still in office, they would be climbing the walls. What is Obongolo doing to help lower the prices? Probably the same thing he's done to improve the economy, improve the housing market and to curb unemployment. What a failure he's been.

Hey, how's that Ramadan thing working for you??????:lol:

duckheads
01-13-2011, 03:38 PM
probably about as good as your not being a liberal thing! :-D

Goose
01-13-2011, 05:47 PM
$2.99 here. The only good thing about higher gas prices is it will guarantee this worthless bum-of-a-President will be a one-termer. Keep your pantry stocked.

We live in Cuba now.

paul young
01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
$2.99 here. The only good thing about higher gas prices is it will guarantee this worthless bum-of-a-President will be a one-termer. Keep your pantry stocked.

We live in Cuba now.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1965787

not even close Goose.....and i thought you were the resident expert on everything Cuban....-Paul

paul young
01-13-2011, 05:58 PM

i'm in Connecticut. i see you haven't gotten back from pluto yet, though.-Paul

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
its all over the place from a high in Las Vegas of 3.16 (89) to as low as 2.83 in Utah and Idaho at Maverik stations

Franco
01-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I am paying $3.19 per gallong for pure gas, 87 octane.

I refuse to put that ethanol crap in my truck!

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Avg. 3.33 for me lowest 3.12 but I wouldnt touch that station with YOUR car.

Avg 3.37 for my parents different Zip, less then 20 min drive over the hill.

now for my DIESEL...lets not get into it.....

NCA

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Avg. 3.33 for me lowest 3.12 but I wouldnt touch that station with YOUR car.

Avg 3.37 for my parents different Zip, less then 20 min drive over the hill.

now for my DIESEL...lets not get into it.....

NCA

Let me guess...Citgo or whatever they call themselves now..owned by Venezuela

Franco
01-13-2011, 07:56 PM

We live in Cuba now.

Goose, how could you say that?

The Cubans are stepping up their exploration of oil in the Gulf Of Mexico while we are backing off!

They've partnered with China and a few European countries to see just how much they have. I'll bet they do some directional drilling;-)
http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFN0723371820110108

Goose
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Goose, how could you say that?

The Cubans are stepping up their exploration of oil in the Gulf Of Mexico while we are backing off!

They've partnered with China and a few European countries to see just how much they have. I'll bet they do some directional drilling;-)
http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFN0723371820110108

It's just so unbelievable how stupid we are. Fidel and his buddies drillin' for oil in our Gulf of Mexico but we'd prefer to turn corn and cow manure into gas, drive Chevy Volts or a moped and save the planet from global warming. I bet we see $4 gas this year or how about $5? If you see a leftist or a keynesian today kick him in the crotch.

What's next! What's next! What's next!

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Let me guess...Citgo or whatever they call themselves now..owned by Venezuela

Bon, no I wouldnt purchase Citgo on principal...and yea you guessed it, it is because it is Venezuela Chavez owned...

But in my post I was saying that I woulnt put that 3.12 dollar a gallon gas in "Your" car becasue I am not that mean...it is the "CHEAP of the CHEAP" stuff...

FIRM CHEVRON supporter...

NCA

Franco
01-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Bon, no I wouldnt purchase Citgo on principal...and yea you guessed it, it is because it is Venezuela Chavez owned...

NCA

What if you drove a gasoline powered vehicle and the only pure gas you could buy was Citgo?

You would damage your engine burning 10% ethanol over lenthening the life of your engine because our government supports a major pork/earmark project to produce ethanol? That the government says they don't care what damage buring ethanol does to your engine, they have these ear marks and they damn well are going to spend borrowed money the tax payer has to pay for. Because some midwest corn growing states have Senators that sold thier vote for another ear mark for other states, so they could get support for thiers.

I don't see a whole lot of difference between Hugo Chavez and out too big Fed government!

BTW, I buy all my gas at Citgo because they are the only ones that sell pure gas!

scott2012
01-13-2011, 09:07 PM

But in my post I was saying that I woulnt put that 3.12 dollar a gallon gas in "Your" car becasue I am not that mean...it is the "CHEAP of the CHEAP" stuff...

FIRM CHEVRON supporter...
NCA

Oh please..........Chevron.......LOL!!!!!! The only reason Chevron is even around is because T Boone Pickens screwed over the Gulf employees years ago when he did a back door deal with the Gulf and Chevron board of directors.
PUUULEEASE!!! LMAO!!!

M&K's Retrievers
01-13-2011, 09:39 PM
I will not buy either one. Conoco for me.

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I will use whoever has the best prices along my route...I used to be a BP customer but soured on their handling of the spill...I look for Maverik on the GPS when choosing gas stations on the road, I will also use Costco when I can

on an unrelated note : if you ever get a chance to try a roast beef/cheddar bundle at Maverik, they are outstanding..the chicken cordon bleu is good too...best hot sandwiches on the road when you just dont want a McNasty mcmuffin

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-13-2011, 10:31 PM
What if you drove a gasoline powered vehicle and the only pure gas you could buy was Citgo?

You would damage your engine burning 10% ethanol over lenthening the life of your engine because our government supports a major pork/earmark project to produce ethanol? That the government says they don't care what damage buring ethanol does to your engine, they have these ear marks and they damn well are going to spend borrowed money the tax payer has to pay for. Because some midwest corn growing states have Senators that sold thier vote for another ear mark for other states, so they could get support for thiers.

I don't see a whole lot of difference between Hugo Chavez and out too big Fed government!

BTW, I buy all my gas at Citgo because they are the only ones that sell pure gas!

If it came to a choice between damage/less life expectancy (sp ?) or purchase and support a dictator that is an American Hate'n Funny Eye'd Commie Bastard....then I choose Ethanol....

Franco, enjoy that pure gas...I dont have issue with it for YOU...I never will.

And I have already enjoyed the fruits of ethanol....4500 dollar new boat motor....but hey I picked up 40 hp and 85 ft/lbs of tq out of my brand new V8....lol

PS...Thats why my daily driver is a DIESEL...my Hot Rod is gas.

Oh please..........Chevron.......LOL!!!!!! The only reason Chevron is even around is because T Boone Pickens screwed over the Gulf employees years ago when he did a back door deal with the Gulf and Chevron board of directors.
PUUULEEASE!!! LMAO!!!

Uncle Standard has been good to my family....your grudge with T Boone isnt my concern...the product they turn out is my concern and it is TOP TIER.

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 10:41 PM
PUUULEEASE!!! LMAO!!!

Dont be sore because T Boone donates a ton of $$$$ to Ok State and they still get beat by the Sooners..(eww dont like the taste of that word)

Juli H
01-14-2011, 01:42 AM
$3.66/gal in Tok

Laura McCaw
01-14-2011, 02:13 AM
Our lowest here is $3.19 being at Arco and then highest is $3.39 at Chevron. We typically go to Valero though since it is just a mile from us and they are $3.29.

I wish I lived back in my town in Texas, only $2.87 there. :)

ducknwork
01-14-2011, 07:32 AM

We live in Cuba now.

I'm afraid that's not the way that it's going to work. Gas prices will go up for the rest of the year...approaching maybe $4/gallon or more. Everyone will get all upset and demand that something be done...In late 2011 or early 2012, some legislation will be passed regarding gas/gas prices. The prices will magically begin to come down 6-7 months before the election, falling to 'normal' prices by November and O will claim all the credit for making gas affordable for the average citizen again. How many votes will that buy?

Oh, as far as our gas prices, 3.05-3.10. I have seen one station with some for 2.79, but I have to go out of my way to get there and risk getting mugged in the parking lot. The people in that neighborhood don't like my type...

road kill
01-14-2011, 07:37 AM
We keep getting hit with $4.00 a gallon prices until we stop squealing.
Eventually we will get used to it.
Then it will stay there.

Sooner or later it will happen.

No other reason than $$$$$$!!!!

RK

Franco
01-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm afraid that's not the way that it's going to work. Gas prices will go up for the rest of the year...approaching maybe $4/gallon or more. Everyone will get all upset and demand that something be done...In late 2011 or early 2012, some legislation will be passed regarding gas/gas prices. The prices will magically begin to come down 6-7 months before the election, falling to 'normal' prices by November and O will claim all the credit for making gas affordable for the average citizen again. How many votes will that buy?

Oh, as far as our gas prices, 3.05-3.10. I have seen one station with some for 2.79, but I have to go out of my way to get there and risk getting mugged in the parking lot. The people in that neighborhood don't like my type...

Congress has zero control over the price of gas at the pump. They can pass legislation all day long but that doesn't mean the suppliers have to sell it to us for more than what they can get for it on the world market.

That is what is so frustrating for Obama, he realized that the oil producing companies are bigger and more influential than he is when it comes to energy.

Franco
01-14-2011, 08:07 AM
If it came to a choice between damage/less life expectancy (sp ?) or purchase and support a dictator that is an American Hate'n Funny Eye'd Commie Bastard....then I choose Ethanol....

Franco, enjoy that pure gas...I dont have issue with it for YOU...I never will.

And I have already enjoyed the fruits of ethanol....4500 dollar new boat motor....but hey I picked up 40 hp and 85 ft/lbs of tq out of my brand new V8....lol

PS...Thats why my daily driver is a DIESEL...my Hot Rod is gas.

Like I said, I don't see any difference between Congress(out of control big government) forcing drivers to burn 10% to 15% ethanol any different than Hugo Chavez being a commie. It is the same Big Brother mentallity.

Here we are subsidizing the ethanol industry which is nothing more than a pork/earmark project costing tax payers billions. No one looks at ethanol as a solution. But, to the uneducated, it looks like a good program and that Congress is trying to do something, anything. Just more big government waste!

road kill
01-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Congress has zero control over the price of gas at the pump. They can pass legislation all day long but that doesn't mean the suppliers have to sell it to us for more than what they can get for it on the world market.

That is what is so frustrating for Obama, he realized that the oil producing companies are bigger and more influential than he is when it comes to energy.
Obama most certainly can affect prices at the pump.

All he has to do is lift the drilling moratorium..........then watch!!!!:shock:

RK

Jason Glavich
01-14-2011, 08:46 AM
2.99-3.14 here.

I tried to run E85 in my truck 1 time. I use a tank of gas in a week normally, That time it was about 3 days before I was on Empty.

BonMallari
01-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Obama most certainly can affect prices at the pump.

All he has to do is lift the drilling moratorium..........then watch!!!!:shock:

RK

not a chance in Hades...to the left,oil is the boogie man , oil = Cheney / Bush, and there is no way they give "drill baby drill" Palin any momentum for 2012..the other piece to the puzzle is the environmental left tree hugger crowd would never allow building of refineries, but will push their alternative energy agenda

M&K's Retrievers
01-14-2011, 08:58 AM
$3.03-3.16 for diesel here at the Texas/OK border. Higher in Dallas. Our little community here put a Citgo station out of business in less than a year by boycotting their product. It is a pain to us diesel users because it was the only game in town.

Franco, I wish you would reconsider. Ethanol is crap but it's our crap.

Franco
01-14-2011, 09:57 AM
$

Franco, I wish you would reconsider. Ethanol is crap but it's our crap.

We have 6 Citgo stations in our metro. Only 1 sells pure gas and it is near my home. The owner of the station has lived here all his life and is a Cajun. Because he is the only one in our metro that sells pure gas, his buisness has really taken off as people come from near and far to fill thier tanks.

If I had an alternative place to buy pure gas other tahn a Citgo, I would. But, right now this Citgo has the better product and I like buying my gas that doesn't come from the middle east. Most of the gas mentioned on this thread buy thier gas from the Sauidis and refined here. So, pick your own devil!

zeus3925
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Ruin engines, Franco? I have run 10% ethanol in my vehicles, not by choice but by state mandate. We get 200,000 miles + out of the engines. Usually it is something else that goes haywire that gets the vehicle donated to charity. My brother has a '91 Ford Ranger 4 banger that just turned over 300,00 miles. The iron moths are eating it though.

Franco
01-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Ruin engines, Franco? I have run 10% ethanol in my vehicles, not by choice but by state mandate. We get 200,000 miles + out of the engines. Usually it is something else that goes haywire that gets the vehicle donated to charity. My brother has a '91 Ford Ranger 4 banger that just turned over 300,00 miles. The iron moths are eating it though.

Here are just some of the facts on Ethanol.
http://www.calgasoline.com/facttopten.htm

I could find more but, I'll let you do that research.

One of the biggest problems which you can read about if you google "Ethanol free gasoline" is that Ethanol burns hotter than pure gas causing pre-ignition. I'm not a mechanic but you may want to research it. Or, ask anyone that runs an outboard motor about the effects.

Then, there is the waste of our tax dollars in financing an industry that is not needed by the tax payer!

BTW, Congress is now pushing for 15% Ethanol!

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Like I said, I don't see any difference between Congress(out of control big government) forcing drivers to burn 10% to 15% ethanol any different than Hugo Chavez being a commie. It is the same Big Brother mentallity.

Here we are subsidizing the ethanol industry which is nothing more than a pork/earmark project costing tax payers billions. No one looks at ethanol as a solution. But, to the uneducated, it looks like a good program and that Congress is trying to do something, anything. Just more big government waste![/QUOTE]

I agree, it was a rush to implement Ethonal and not look at the ramifications of using it.

[QUOTE=Franco;732825]We have 6 Citgo stations in our metro. Only 1 sells pure gas and it is near my home. The owner of the station has lived here all his life and is a Cajun. Because he is the only one in our metro that sells pure gas, his buisness has really taken off as people come from near and far to fill thier tanks.

If I had an alternative place to buy pure gas other tahn a Citgo, I would. But, right now this Citgo has the better product and I like buying my gas that doesn't come from the middle east. Most of the gas mentioned on this thread buy thier gas from the Sauidis and refined here. So, pick your own devil!

I agree that most of the oil that comes to the "rest" of the bigger petro producing Co.'s is Saudi....and if Citgo is the only one near ya, then use it.
I would rather walk....:razz:;);)

NCA

mjh345
01-14-2011, 11:08 AM

I too run 10% ethanol, by state mandate. and I hate the state mandate!!
When I'm in Oklahoma I can get real gas. I get 20mpg from my truck using real gas and 18 mpg using 10% ethanol.
Do the math, 10 gallons of gas takes me 200 miles; 11 gallons of 10% ethanol mix[which includes 10 gallons of gas] takes me 198 miles. So using the same amount of [domestic or imported] oil I went 2 miles less. I also used a gallon of ethanol which took a bunch of corn, oil etc to produce.

Would some of the "environmentalists" explain to me how this helps the environment or helps reduce our dependence on foreign oil?

Additionally my truck doesn't have as much power, as there are some hills that I have to downshift to pass over with the ethanol gas that I fly over with 100% gas.

As Franco says the only thing ethanol helps is the corn lobby. I rent out some of my land to a farmer and share in the wealth when corn is selling at a premium, but I would far prefer to have freedom of choice in what I purchase at the pump and elsewhere.
The free enterprise system works best when it is free. Let the market decide and the decisions will be far better that what legislation will ever decide

Franco
01-14-2011, 11:16 AM
I too run 10% ethanol, by state mandate. and I hate the state mandate!!
When I'm in Oklahoma I can get real gas. I get 20mpg from my truck using real gas and 18 mpg using 10% ethanol.
Do the math, 10 gallons of gas takes me 200 miles; 11 gallons of 10% ethanol mix[which includes 10 gallons of gas] takes me 198 miles. So using the same amount of [domestic or imported] oil I went 2 miles less. I also used a gallon of ethanol which took a bunch of corn, oil etc to produce.

Would some of the "environmentalists" explain to me how this helps the environment or helps reduce our dependence on foreign oil?

Additionally my truck doesn't have as much power, as there are some hills that I have to downshift to pass over with the ethanol gas that I fly over with 100% gas.

As Franco says the only thing ethanol helps is the corn lobby. I rent out some of my land to a farmer and share in the wealth when corn is selling at a premium, but I would far prefer to have freedom of choice in what I purchase at the pump and elsewhere.
The free enterprise system works best when it is free. Let the market decide and the decisions will be far better that what legislation will ever decide

Yup! It takes 1.4 gallon to produce 1 gallon of ethanol. Likewise, it takes .14 gallon to produce 1 gallon of pure gasoline.

mjh345
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Yup! It takes 1.4 gallon to produce 1 gallon of ethanol. Likewise, it takes .14 gallon to produce 1 gallon of pure gasoline.

Franco, I'd love to see a link to this

ducknwork
01-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Or, ask anyone that runs an outboard motor about the effects.

Here's your effects. How far do you think I made it towards my fishing hole the day this was in my tank?

Oh, and the 'gas' was only 2 weeks old.

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/new%20boat/IMG_8325.jpg

The only bright side to this is that before I got a chance to drain my gas tank, someone stole it out of my yard.:mad: Hope they enjoyed it.:D

BonMallari
01-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Ducknwork, I thought you might be making that NC "shine"...the stuff that made NASCAR

ducknwork
01-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Duckwork, I thought you might be making that NC "shine"...the stuff that made NASCAR

I ain't sayin' nuthin!!;):cool:

But I wouldn't try that jar...bad batch.

Franco
01-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Franco, I'd love to see a link to this

Here ya go;

http://www.calgasoline.com/facttopten.htm

road kill
01-14-2011, 12:05 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40811733/ns/business-oil_and_energy/
:rolleyes:

RK

zeus3925
01-14-2011, 12:40 PM

While I my experience with the stuff has not messed up my engines, I think the damn stuff is down outright immoral. About a third of US corn production is now going int fuel. This morning's MSNBC.com carried a story about rapidly rising food prices as the global food supply is extraordinarily tight right now due to poor harvest in Canada, extreme heat in Argentina and floods in Australia.

Other crops have potentially better yield of ethanol than corn. However, politicians in the Corn Belt are not anxious to hear that.

dnf777
01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Corn ethanol is definately not the long-term answer.

To those who claim that Obama's ban on drilling is the cause of high gas/oil prices due to sagging supply.....I ask....shouldn't the corresponding decrease in demand due to ethanol stabilize the supply/demand ratio? From what I gather, the amounts are roughly equal.

This may actually have more to do with securing viable corn prices, rather than seeking a solution to alternative fuel sources. We outproduce the need for corn at a staggering rate. As prices drop, farmers grow more corn to make up for the loss, exacerbating the problem. Maybe finding a new demand for corn is the gov't's way of reducing its subsidy bills?? Just a thought...

BonMallari
01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
the country runs on gas/diesel...we are dependent on our vehicles, so the demand is at an all time high...Corn/ethanol is a blip on the grand scale of things

the combustion engine drives this country, you know it, I know it, and the people who control petroleum know it.....

they may say they want ANWAR opened up but behind the boardroom door is that REALLY what they want...imagine or fantasize for one second that the supply were to be higher than the demand, what would the price of gasoline be...

road kill
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
the country runs on gas/diesel...we are dependent on our vehicles, so the demand is at an all time high...Corn/ethanol is a blip on the grand scale of things

the combustion engine drives this country, you know it, I know it, and the people who control petroleum know it.....

they may say they want ANWAR opened up but behind the boardroom door is that REALLY what they want...imagine or fantasize for one second that the supply were to be higher than the demand, what would the price of gasoline be...

Since "middle of the road independents" (left wing progressives) hate capitalism and all it stands for, they have no grasp of "supply and demand."

It's funny.......

RK

dnf777
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM

That will NEVER happen.
Its been shown time and time again that if an energy source becomes abundant or cheap, we only increase our demand to balance the curve.
A Brit economist (William Jevons) proposed that theory in the late 19th century in regards to coal, and it has shown to be accurate throughout history, over and over.

ducknwork
01-14-2011, 01:59 PM

I didn't say they would do something effective! Do they ever? My point was that they will use high gas prices to pass some sort of legislation that will screw us in the end. (no pun intended:p) Then, as a result of something completely unrelated to the new law, gas prices will begin to fall, but all the politicians will claim credit for it. O will be sitting pretty by Nov 2012.