PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos hire Fox

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 05:43 PM
the Denver Broncos must be into recycling because they just hired John Fox who was dismissed from the Carolina Panthers....is that the best that Elway could come up with....who did they interview to satisfy the Rooney rule, which we all know is a joke...I am not a Broncos fan but I do get tired of the coaching carousel..

M&K's Retrievers
01-13-2011, 05:52 PM
the Denver Broncos must be into recycling because they just hired John Fox who was dismissed from the Carolina Panthers....is that the best that Elway could come up with....who did they interview to satisfy the Rooney rule, which we all know is a joke...I am not a Broncos fan but I do get tired of the coaching carousel..

Coaching carousel? Hell, you'd get dizzy here in Dallas. I believe it now 7 or 8 head coaches in 22 years. That's awful.

BonMallari
01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Coaching carousel? Hell, you'd get dizzy here in Dallas. I believe it now 7 or 8 head coaches in 22 years. That's awful.

Jerah should have never gotten rid of JJ....even Barry was a winner, but Wade was never a big winner..nice guy but ...I mean Dave Campo, Chan Gailey..puhleeze...He should have hired Butch Davis but then thats back to the JJ era

Franco
01-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Fox has a great Defensive mind. Put him together with a great Offensive mind and you have a winner. That is if Fox allows the O to throw the ball.

sinner
01-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Broncos interim coach was interviewed which satisfied the Rooney rule.
Fox thinks Tebow is a very hard worker but has a long way to go to be a NFL QB.
Boy do I agree with that! Hope it works out but McD put them in a big hole. But when I was on the staff of the Broncos we were 4-22-2 and then I left and they got better!
Go Broncos.
PS I had Wade as a soph linebacker at El Paso high school. Glad to see him with the Texans!

DoubleHaul
01-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Fox has a great Defensive mind. Put him together with a great Offensive mind and you have a winner. That is if Fox allows the O to throw the ball.

Unlikely that he will. He hates to throw the ball. Bronco fans will learn to love that 3rd and long draw play every time.

I am really surprised someone would pick him up as a head coach. Seriously? The Broncos couldn't find someone with a better record than 2 games above .500 in nine years? Only 3 winning seasons and never two back to back? During all this time he had some great defensive talent but they always seemed to underperform.

dnf777
01-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Jerah should have never gotten rid of JJ....even Barry was a winner, but Wade was never a big winner..nice guy but ...I mean Dave Campo, Chan Gailey..puhleeze...He should have hired Butch Davis but then thats back to the JJ era

Great point! But Switzer took over such a talented, pumped team, I bet Englebert Humperdinck could have coached them to a superbowl that year. While playing the piano.

depittydawg
01-15-2011, 10:53 AM

I don't get Ellway in his new position as GM or whatever they're calling him. Who's running the team, Fox or Elway? It's more likely to end in a head butt contest than a marriage. Fox was a good coach. Can you pick the keyword there?

Uncle Bill
01-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Since the MooseGooser hasn't given any "thumbs up" to this decision, I'm guessing he's still PO'd, despite his hero JE returning to help out.

Taking on the Denver Bronco head job is at best a thankless position in life, ranking right next to whoever takes on the POTUS next election. It will require a complete rejection of what has transpired the past few years, and a total rebuilding project. I doubt Fox will be there for very long...the task is too daunting.

UB

dnf777
01-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Since the MooseGooser hasn't given any "thumbs up" to this decision, I'm guessing he's still PO'd, despite his hero JE returning to help out.

Taking on the Denver Bronco head job is at best a thankless position in life, ranking right next to whoever takes on the POTUS next election. It will require a complete rejection of what has transpired the past few years, and a total rebuilding project. I doubt Fox will be there for very long...the task is too daunting.

UB

Don't you mean "took on the POTUS last election"??

Uncle Bill
01-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Don't you mean "took on the POTUS last election"??

Unlike a dufus like you, I pretty much say what I mean.

UB

dnf777
01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Unlike a dufus like you, I pretty much say what I mean.

UB

Holy Cow man! Take a pill. Have a drink. Do whatever you normally do to relax! It was SATIRE.....a form of a JOKE!

I need to check you post about temps again, and see when the sense of humor freezes up. Apparently you've hit that mark!

Have a good one!