PDA

View Full Version : Maine Gov tells NAACP "kiss my butt"

luvmylabs23139
01-14-2011, 09:56 PM
It's about time someone told them off!:D:D

Maine gov tells NAACP to 'kiss my butt' (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2657039/posts)
Politico ^ (http://www.freerepublic.com/%5Ehttp://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47628.html)| 1/14/11 | Jennifer Epstein
Posted on 01/14/2011 12:31:52 PM PST by markomalley (http://www.freerepublic.com/~markomalley/)

Maine’s governor on Friday told a major African American organization to “kiss my butt” after the group complained he wasn’t taking part in Martin Luther King Day events next week.
Paul LePage, a newly elected Republican, is facing criticism from the NAACP for turning down invitations to events marking the MLK holiday on Monday.
“Tell them to kiss my butt,” the governor, who’s been in office two weeks, said in a local TV interview.
The NAACP said earlier this week that LePage had rejected invitations to attend its events while campaigning and since taking office earlier this month.
“We don’t want to misinterpret his intention, but the message we’re getting is that we’re not welcome and we’re not part of the Maine he’s preparing to lead for the next four years,” said Rachel Talbot Ross, state director of the NAACP and president of the NAACP Portland Branch, the Kennebec Journal reported.
LePage said he isn’t doesn’t cater to special interest groups and considers the NAACP to be one.
“They are a special interest - end of story,” he said. “And I’m not going to be held hostage by any special interests.”
He insisted that his decision to skip the MLK Day events had nothing to do with race.
“If they want, they can look at my family picture,” he said. “My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they’d like about it.”
LePage’s son is adopted.
LePage said he’s simply too busy to attend. “The fact of the matter there’s only so many hours in a day, so many hours in a week and so much that you can do,” he said.

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Sad thing is the title of the article....

He most likely didnt say anything of the sort...and now everyone and the mother is gonna label this REPUBLICAN a racisit along with the RACISIT extream right wing that all republicans belong to...

NCA

Link to Politico's main page....

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47628.html

Good lord....look at the picture they croped and decided to use...this guy is almost certainly a RIGHT WING RACISIT:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

luvmylabs23139
01-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Sad thing is the title of the article....

He most likely didnt say anything of the sort...and now everyone and the mother is gonna label this REPUBLICAN a racisit along with the RACISIT extream right wing that all republicans belong to...

NCA

Oh he said it. The newstation has the video of the interview up on their website. Three cheers for the Governor.

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-14-2011, 11:07 PM
really....well good for him.

I am a believe firmly that you say what you mean...you dont retract what you say...and you dont play the PC game.

If you can't say it for everyone to hear...it souldnt be said.

NCA

luvmylabs23139
01-14-2011, 11:12 PM
www.wcsh6.com (http://www.wcsh6.com) is the tv station.

dnf777
01-15-2011, 04:48 AM

I am a believe firmly that you say what you mean...you dont retract what you say...and you dont play the PC game.

NCA

How about playing the "polite public servant game". Do you REALLY want this type of trash talk in our government? Sounds like this guy should be in POTUS, not a legitimate public office! Like it or not, he also serves those members of the NAACP, and they deserve the same polite discourse as ADM or Exxon execs.

Disclaimer: before the deluge of examples of democrats saying mean things, I fully acknowledge that BOTH parties are capable of childish behavior. Please save the bandwidth. I know its there. I am aware of Biden dropping the f-bomb.

Franco
01-15-2011, 07:33 AM

NCA

It is refreshing to see a politician that doesn't think they have to be PC. Lets face it, much of the NCAA's tactics have been no different that Jesse Jackson's or Al Sharpton's. They wouldn't accept a "no" and the man got firm with them.

huntinman
01-15-2011, 07:49 AM
How about playing the "polite public servant game". Do you REALLY want this type of trash talk in our government? Sounds like this guy should be in POTUS, not a legitimate public office! Like it or not, he also serves those members of the NAACP, and they deserve the same polite discourse as ADM or Exxon execs.

Disclaimer: before the deluge of examples of democrats saying mean things, I fully acknowledge that BOTH parties are capable of childish behavior. Please save the bandwidth. I know its there. I am aware of Biden dropping the f-bomb.

Please save the bandwidth? Man you are full of yourself aren't you. You throw your two cents in on every subject, follow it with a disclaimer saying don't bother replying.... cause we should all know you are right... what tripe.

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Personally I would love to has him as my Governor. I'm tired of everyone kissing the NAACP's butts. They are, as he says, nothing more than any other special intrest group.

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 07:57 AM

So what if it were the KKK?
Aren't they also his constuants if they live in his state?
Yes I picked them for a reason. I think the NAACP is just as racist as they are.

BrianW
01-15-2011, 08:51 AM

Let's look at the sequence of events as presented so far:
Org issues invitation(s) to Gov.
Gov. says no, he's too busy.
Org then issues public "complaint" to attempt to pressure Gov. into attending event
Then when informed of "complaint", Gov gets angry & responds with "offensive" remark.

Why couldn't the NAACP just have let the initial refusal stand?
What part of "No" didn't they understand, the "N" or the "o"?
"the message we’re getting is that we’re not welcome"
It isn't like the NAACP was excluded from an official state function. Do you think ADM or Exxon, to use your examples, would issue public statements complaining that Maine's chief executive wouldn't attend one of their events?

But because of their agenda, the Assoc. felt they had to "call out" LePage, the newly elected governor and try to get him on the defensive early in his administration. Because in the public court of "racism", it's been well demonstrated that you're guilty until proven innocent.
I'd get upset too and probably wouldn't have responded that politely.

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
The governor also happens to be in a rather unique situation. The governor is white and has an adopted son who is black. It is amazing that the NAACP still wants to turn this into a race issue. You would think even they would realize how stupid it makes them look.

depittydawg
01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
It is refreshing to see a politician that doesn't think they have to be PC. Lets face it, much of the NCAA's tactics have been no different that Jesse Jackson's or Al Sharpton's. They wouldn't accept a "no" and the man got firm with them.

I have to agree on the NCAA's tactics. That whole BSC thing is bogus! We need a real playoff :D

dnf777
01-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Org then issues public "complaint" to attempt to pressure Gov. into attending event
Then when informed of "complaint", Gov gets angry & responds with "offensive" remark.

Why couldn't the NAACP just have let the initial refusal stand?
What part of "No" didn't they understand, the "N" or the "o"?
It isn't like the NAACP was excluded from an official state function. Do you think ADM or Exxon, to use your examples, would issue public statements complaining that Maine's chief executive wouldn't attend one of their events?

But because of their agenda, the Assoc. felt they had to "call out" LePage, the newly elected governor and try to get him on the defensive early in his administration. Because in the public court of "racism", it's been well demonstrated that you're guilty until proven innocent.

I agree with much of what you say. The NAACP certainly has a history of saying and doing stupid things. Even racist. I have said here that Al Sharpton is very racist. So don't paint me as sympathetic to the NAACP or any other SIG.

My point was that once elected, and sworn to serve the state and people, it would behoove one not to engage in childish name calling like we do here on POTUS. They're supposed to rise above that, I would think.

What you point out in regards to the NAACP's response is a good point, and makes them look less than reasonable. He could have just let it go at that, and appeared better than them. Now, he looks just as silly, if not more.

Luvvy--why not invoke Naziism while you're at it? As far as I know, the NAACP has not ordered and condoned the killing of innocent children in church, or numerous lynchings. I'm not here to defend the NAACP, nor have I....but to compare them to the KKK is a little over the top, eh? If you don't think so, I would suggest some remedial American History 101. Oh, and I'm the last to be a spell-checker, but I have no idea what you refer to by "constuants"???? If you mean "constituents", you're not even close enough for my spell checker to recognize and guess at what you're trying to say.

Huntingman: Please don't accuse me of things I didn't say. Too much of that going around here. I said please don't start another tit-for-tat listing of counterexamples that we all know exist already. I'm conceding that point, as I already agree. I NEVER attempt to squash debate. Its how we learn and grow, so long as we approach it with open eyes and ears. Your entire reply however, addressed NOTHING in regards to the topic, rather it was just a personal attack. I really don't care, but don't say I said "don't bother replying". That's just not true.

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Luvvy Oh, and I'm the last to be a spell-checker, but I have no idea what you refer to by "constuants"???? If you mean "constituents", you're not even close enough for my spell checker to recognize and guess at what you're trying to say.

I thought you gave up silly sniping. Yeah I tend not to proofread internet postings and I never run spell check. But if you didn't know the word I meant to type you have a problem.
I will be the first to admit that my spelling tends to suck. I fit the stereotype of numbers people are lousy spellers. Big deal, when it is important, such as in business I proofread and can find my errors without using spellcheck.
Weird thing is that I will notice the one typo that gets thru a 1000 page book.
I never paid much attention or ever bothered to study for English classes. I had no reason to. I pulled staight A's with not effort and had no interest in the subject.
On a totally different note :
Bad lighting, Abner pretending to be choc, or do you have another lab we have never met? Very cute pic in your aviator!

Roger Perry
01-15-2011, 10:28 AM
I thought you gave up silly sniping. Yeah I tend not to proofread internet postings and I never run spell check. But if you didn't know the word I meant to type you have a problem.
I will be the first to admit that my spelling tends to suck. I fit the stereotype of numbers people are lousy spellers. Big deal, when it is important, such as in business I proofread and can find my errors without using spellcheck.
I never paid much attention or ever bothered to study for English classes. I had no reason to. I pulled staight A's with not effort and had no interest in the subject.
Bad lighting, Abner pretending to be choc, or do you have another lab we have never met? Very cute pic in your aviator!

If you had straight "A's" in english perhaps you can explain what you meant in underlined sentence.

road kill
01-15-2011, 10:30 AM

Why couldn't the NAACP just have let the initial refusal stand? What part of "No" didn't they understand, the "N" or the "o"?

OOOOH....OOOOH..... I know, I know (hand waving wildly in the back of the class..........

Because the race pimps have always had success using this form of extortion in the past!!!:D

RK

dnf777
01-15-2011, 10:33 AM

You gotta admit...that couldn't hit the inside of an outhouse with a roll of toilet paper! Don't worry, you'll have plenty of chances to get back at me!

That's our old boy, Bailey. We lost him to old age two years ago at this time, so I put his memory up for a while.

dnf777
01-15-2011, 10:35 AM
OOOOH....OOOOH..... I know, I know (hand waving wildly in the back of the class..........

Because the race pimps have always had success using this form of extortion in the past!!!:D

RK

Right on, Horshak! (I assume that was the reference)
And until he topped their stupidity with his own, THEY had the egg on their face.

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 10:38 AM
If you had straight "A's" in english perhaps you can explain what you meant in underlined sentence.

Another typo and you darn well know that. I just stated that I do not proofread on forums for typos.
By the way, I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who considered the majority of high school English classes and required college English classes a total waste of time.

Roger Perry
01-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Another typo and you darn well know that. I just stated that I do not proofread on forums for typos.
By the way, I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum who considered the majority of high school English classes and required college English classes a total waste of time.

Oh, I thought you may have been using the Kings English ;-)

dnf777
01-15-2011, 10:59 AM

Never took one. Tried to sit through an English Lit class, but those damn Brits spin one BORING yarn! Dropped the class, and bought a Gene Hill book the same afternoon and got a REAL education.

Only good literature I've seen out of England lately:

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-6.jpg

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Oh, I thought you may have been using the Kings English ;-)

Nope! However as a child I did have to learn both. My mother thought that I should write all letters to my grandparents using British spelling. Now I'm dating myself as we wrote thank-you letters for birthday and Christmas presents.
It has actually been useful. I spent 5 years working for a European owned company and always used British spelling when dealing with the corp headquarters. They used to comment that I actually knew how to spell. It was an ongoing joke.

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Never took one. Tried to sit through an English Lit class, but those damn Brits spin one BORING yarn! Dropped the class, and bought a Gene Hill book the same afternoon and got a REAL education.

Only good literature I've seen out of England lately:

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-6.jpg

You never had to take English in high school?
How did you get so lucky?
We had to take 4 years and unlike any other subject it was 4 years not 4 years worth of credits. I got stuck, like a few others taking 5 years of credits because we did double English junior year in an attempt to get it over with.
Of course none of this was told to us until after we doubled up junior year.
However double English junior counted if you wanted to get out a year early. Go figure. Stick around for senior year and pay the price for trying to get the requirements knocked off early.:rolleyes:

dnf777
01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
You never had to take English in high school?
How did you get so lucky?
We had to take 4 years and unlike any other subject it was 4 years not 4 years worth of credits. I got stuck, like a few others taking 5 years of credits because we did double English junior year in an attempt to get it over with.
Of course none of this was told to us until after we doubled up junior year.
However double English junior counted if you wanted to get out a year early. Go figure. Stick around for senior year and pay the price for trying to get the requirements knocked off early.:rolleyes:

Oh, I was talking college. Yes, I took HS english, but it was a GATE class, and we really did more critical analysis than memorizing stuff written by men wearing leotards. :D

Our discussions regarding Uncle Tom's Cabin, Nineteen Eighty-four, Huck Finn, and Catcher in the Rye, would probably be subject to federal prosecution today.

luvmylabs23139
01-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh, I was talking college. Yes, I took HS english, but it was a GATE class, and we really did more critical analysis than memorizing stuff written by men wearing leotards. :D

Our discussions regarding Uncle Tom's Cabin, Nineteen Eighty-four, Huck Finn, and Catcher in the Rye, would probably be subject to federal prosecution today.

Huck Fin was high school?
We did that and Tom Sawyer in 6th grade.
1984 was was 7th grade.
Don't remember if we did the other 2.
the Iliad and the Odyssey stick out from HS.

dnf777
01-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Huck Fin was high school?
We did that and Tom Sawyer in 6th grade.
1984 was was 7th grade.
Don't remember if we did the other 2.
the Iliad and the Odyssey stick out from HS.

I never fully understood Nineteen Eighty-four until after several years of the Bush administration. Then it became perfectly clear. The whole thing about "war is peace" and "if you're not hiding anything, you shouldn't have any problem with wiretaps". Kinda scary.

The genious of Twain, was that he spoke to different audiences at the same time. I have his recently published autobiography, but am waiting to get started for when I have more time. its a beast.

TxHillHunter
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;733293]How about playing the "polite public servant game". Do you REALLY want this type of trash talk in our government? Sounds like this guy should be in POTUS, not a legitimate public office! Like it or not, he also serves those members of the NAACP, and they deserve the same polite discourse as ADM or Exxon execs.

Agree with you DNF.....the really sad part is that both sides say this kind of stuff in PRIVATE all the time....just look at the Wikileaks.

Saying "no thank you, I will not attend any events of special interests" is merely polite, it is NOT being PC. Common courtesy seems to be lost on far too many these days.

I have no doubt people will scream "he's racist" without knowing the whole story....especially about his adopted son. More of the same.....rush to judgement and the judge harshly. See it every day on the news.

depittydawg
01-15-2011, 04:11 PM
It's about time someone told them off!:D:D

Maine gov tells NAACP to 'kiss my butt' (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2657039/posts)
Politico ^ (http://www.freerepublic.com/%5Ehttp://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47628.html)| 1/14/11 | Jennifer Epstein
Posted on 01/14/2011 12:31:52 PM PST by markomalley (http://www.freerepublic.com/~markomalley/)

Maine’s governor on Friday told a major African American organization to “kiss my butt” after the group complained he wasn’t taking part in Martin Luther King Day events next week.
Paul LePage, a newly elected Republican, is facing criticism from the NAACP for turning down invitations to events marking the MLK holiday on Monday.
“Tell them to kiss my butt,” the governor, who’s been in office two weeks, said in a local TV interview.
The NAACP said earlier this week that LePage had rejected invitations to attend its events while campaigning and since taking office earlier this month.
“We don’t want to misinterpret his intention, but the message we’re getting is that we’re not welcome and we’re not part of the Maine he’s preparing to lead for the next four years,” said Rachel Talbot Ross, state director of the NAACP and president of the NAACP Portland Branch, the Kennebec Journal reported.
LePage said he isn’t doesn’t cater to special interest groups and considers the NAACP to be one.
“They are a special interest - end of story,” he said. “And I’m not going to be held hostage by any special interests.”
He insisted that his decision to skip the MLK Day events had nothing to do with race.
“If they want, they can look at my family picture,” he said. “My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they’d like about it.”
LePage’s son is adopted.
LePage said he’s simply too busy to attend. “The fact of the matter there’s only so many hours in a day, so many hours in a week and so much that you can do,” he said.

A pretty witless comment. "Girly men" is my all time favorite for a Governor. "KMA" is a little crass.

Blackstone
01-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I believe the Gov. has the right to attend or not attend any event he chooses. It’s up to his constituency to judge his action or inaction. Personally, I would have invited him to the events, and left it at that. If you don’t like what he does, organize and campaign against him for the next election. Perhaps that is what the NAACP is doing, making sure those with similar concerns are informed.

That being said, the NAACP had the right to voice their opinion as to how his refusal to attend made them feel. Their statement was to the point, but tactful and respectful. That is more than can be said for his response.

Yes I picked them for a reason. I think the NAACP is just as racist as they are.

You have made that accusation several times in past posts. On a couple of occasions I challenged you to post racist acts and/or comments made by the NAACP. To date, you have not. Is it because you do not choose to, or because you cannot? So, I ask again to post something that lends credence to your accusation.

As far as comparing them to the KKK, that is absolutely ludicrous. Please show where the NAACP has advocated violence against any other ethnic group, murdered or lynched anyone, bombed churches, homes and businesses, or even marched against the rights of anyone. All of these are trademarks of the KKK. Either you truly don’t know the history of either group, or for some reason, you seek to trivialize the actions of the Klan, while exaggerating the actions of the NAACP.

Ken Bora
01-17-2011, 08:06 AM

he is Gov. of Maine.
home of the 20th Maine Volunteers.
That group, who's name I will not even type.
That you make referance to so often.
is evil and filled with so much hate.
you insult all of New England saying they would even be allowed up here by the locals.

dnf777
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
he is Gov. of Maine.
home of the 20th Maine Volunteers.

Commanded by Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, one of the most underrated, yet greatest American Military Heroes!

Every time we're at Gettysburg, we make a somemn trek up the side of Little Round Top to the 20th Maine monument to pay respects.

Fix Bayonets! regards....

Roger Perry
01-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Personally I would love to has him as my Governor. I'm tired of everyone kissing the NAACP's butts. They are, as he says, nothing more than any other special intrest group.

WATERVILLE, Maine — Maine Gov. Paul LePage has changed his plans and attended a Martin Luther King Jr. Day breakfast just days after saying critics of his decision to skip other holiday weekend events could "kiss my butt."
LePage attended the breakfast in Waterville on Monday, just as he had done for several years as the city's mayor before being elected governor.
His appearance was scheduled after he responded Friday to critics of his decision not to attend the state NAACP's annual holiday celebrations. LePage cited scheduling conflicts, but his "kiss my butt" comment drew harsh criticism from state and national leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
LePage didn't speak publicly at Monday's event, but in an interview spoke of the importance of King's contributions.

huntinman
01-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Linguini spine. Talked a good game, but was afraid to stand behind his words.

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 12:53 PM
WATERVILLE, Maine — Maine Gov. Paul LePage has changed his plans and attended a Martin Luther King Jr. Day breakfast just days after saying critics of his decision to skip other holiday weekend events could "kiss my butt."
LePage attended the breakfast in Waterville on Monday, just as he had done for several years as the city's mayor before being elected governor.
His appearance was scheduled after he responded Friday to critics of his decision not to attend the state NAACP's annual holiday celebrations. LePage cited scheduling conflicts, but his "kiss my butt" comment drew harsh criticism from state and national leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
LePage didn't speak publicly at Monday's event, but in an interview spoke of the importance of King's contributions.

In other words just like everyone else he caved in to that special interest.

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM

Roger,

Link please...

and to the rest of you that are saying he caved..spineless...

NO WHERE DO I read in Rogers snipit...anything about him attending a NAACP event...

it says he went to an event he has attended for years as mayor...it says it is on MLK day...but says NOTHING about it being an event sponsored, run, held at anything regarding the NAACP.

Roger if you would please....

It was a nice try and you did get a few people worked up..but I dont see anywhere where it refrences a NAACP Breakfeast.

NCA

PS...and in his initial statement.."kiss my butt" statement I do not recall him dismissing all events on MLK...only the invitation from the NAACP to attend their event.

To me...he has kept his word...stood by it...and told the "special intrestet" group to "kiss my butt" again Good for him!!!

road kill
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Roger,

Link please...

NO WHERE DO I read in Rogers snipit...anything about him attending a NAACP event...

it says he went to an event he has attended for years as mayor...it says it is on MLK day...but says NOTHING about it being an event sponsored, run, held at anything regarding the NAACP.

It was a nice try and you did get a few people worked up..but I dont see anywhere where it refrences a NAACP Breakfeast.

NCA

PS...and in his initial statement.."kiss my butt" statement I do not recall him dismissing all events on MLK...only the invitation from the NAACP to attend their event.

To me...he has kept his word...stood by it...and told the "special intrestet" group to "kiss my butt" again Good for him!!!

It's from MSNBC.:rolleyes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41119888/ns/us_news/

It is ambiguous to say the least.

RK

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
This one makes it much clearer that he did cave.

Maine Gov. LePage Attends MLK Event After NAACP Criticism

Published January 17, 2011
| Associated Press

Print (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#)
Email (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#)
Share (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#)
Comments (0) (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#content)
Text SizeWATERVILLE, Maine (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#) -- Gov. Paul LePage changed his Martin Luther King (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/martin-luther-king-jr.htm#r_src=ramp) Jr. holiday weekend plans and showed up at a breakfast honoring the slain civil rights leader Monday, days after he said critics of his decision to skip other events could "kiss my butt." He even joined some of the participants in an African dance (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#).
The Republican governor's appearance was organized in the days after he made the remark Friday, responding to a reporter's question about criticism he had received over his decision not to attend the state NAACP's annual King Day celebrations. He said at the time that he didn't attend events for special interests, and his spokesman cited scheduling conflicts.
"Tell them to kiss my butt," LePage said.
The comment drew harsh criticism from state and national leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Maine NAACP Director Rachel Talbot Ross said her organization is no special interest, and the group's national president and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous said LePage's comments "inflame racial tension."
While Monday's appearance was hastily added to his schedule, LePage had previously attended several Martin Luther (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#) King breakfasts in Waterville while serving as mayor before he was elected governor, a spokesman said. Monday's event was sponsored by the local Rotary club and a senior citizens' group.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN Two Documents Every Baby Boomer Needs to Have for Death Planning (http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/01/14/baby-boomer-death-right-die-death-panel-robery-quinlan-baby-boomer-retire?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Two_Documents_Every_Baby_Boomer_Needs_to_Have_f or_Death_Planning_)A Nice, Wholesome Hooters Girl for the Kids (http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/01/12/nice-wholesome-hooters-girl-kids?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_A_Nice_Wholesome_Hooters_Girl_for_the_Kids) Wisconsin Woman Finds Drugs Worth $280G in Vacuum (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/15/wis-woman-finds-g-drugs-vacuum?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Wisconsin_Woman_Finds_Drugs_Worth_280G_in_Vacuu m) Michael Reagan Slams Brother for Implying Their Father Had Alzheimer's as President (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/15/son-suggests-reagan-alzheimers-president?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Michael_Reagan_Slams_Brother_for_Implying_Their _Father_Had_Alzheimers_as_President) The Black Swan Events of 2011? (http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/01/14/black-swan-events?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_The_Black_Swan_Events_of_2011)

LePage, who was elected in November with tea party (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/tea-party.htm#r_src=ramp) support, didn't speak publicly at Monday's breakfast, but he chatted with some of the roughly 150 participants, most of whom were white.
In an interview, he declined to discuss his earlier comments, but acknowledged that the holiday "represents an awful lot, particularly to black America. I mean, Martin Luther King was a peaceful activist and unfortunately he gave his life for it."
In a statement issued later by his office (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#), he said, "Dr. King is someone who spent and ultimately gave his life making sure that people got a fair shake regardless of race. We have come far through the years, but the journey continues to make Dr. King's dreams a reality. I urge all Mainers to work as one for a better life for all."
Rep. Effie McClain, pastor of the Oakland-Sidney United Methodist Church, said before her keynote speech that it was time to move beyond LePage's earlier remarks.
"I think that often times we say things that just come out wrong and if we had all the money (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#) in the world we couldn't take it back," said McClain, who is black. "Don't beat the man continually for something that's been said."
Others attending Monday's event weren't so forgiving.
LePage's attendance was "a political act that has nothing to do with his convictions," said Julie de Sherbinin, a language professor at Colby College in Waterville. De Sherbinin, who is white, is involved in a campus organization that promotes improved race relations.
LePage stayed for the entire 90-minute event, including an African drum act by a Colby ensemble. The smiling governor clapped his hands and briefly joined others who danced to the pounding rhythm.

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
It's from MSNBC.:rolleyes:

It is ambiguous to say the least.

RK

I agree....

This one makes it much clearer that he did cave.

Maine Gov. LePage Attends MLK Event After NAACP Criticism

Published January 17, 2011
| Associated Press

Print (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#)
Email (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#)
Share (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#)
Comments (0) (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#content)
Text SizeWATERVILLE, Maine (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#) -- Gov. Paul LePage changed his Martin Luther King (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/martin-luther-king-jr.htm#r_src=ramp) Jr. holiday weekend plans and showed up at a breakfast honoring the slain civil rights leader Monday, days after he said critics of his decision to skip other events could "kiss my butt." He even joined some of the participants in an African dance (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#).
The Republican governor's appearance was organized in the days after he made the remark Friday, responding to a reporter's question about criticism he had received over his decision not to attend the state NAACP's annual King Day celebrations. He said at the time that he didn't attend events for special interests, and his spokesman cited scheduling conflicts.
"Tell them to kiss my butt," LePage said.
The comment drew harsh criticism from state and national leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Maine NAACP Director Rachel Talbot Ross said her organization is no special interest, and the group's national president and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous said LePage's comments "inflame racial tension."
While Monday's appearance was hastily added to his schedule, LePage had previously attended several Martin Luther (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#) King breakfasts in Waterville while serving as mayor before he was elected governor, a spokesman said. Monday's event was sponsored by the local Rotary club and a senior citizens' group.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN Two Documents Every Baby Boomer Needs to Have for Death Planning (http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/01/14/baby-boomer-death-right-die-death-panel-robery-quinlan-baby-boomer-retire?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Two_Documents_Every_Baby_Boomer_Needs_to_Have_f or_Death_Planning_)A Nice, Wholesome Hooters Girl for the Kids (http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/01/12/nice-wholesome-hooters-girl-kids?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_A_Nice_Wholesome_Hooters_Girl_for_the_Kids) Wisconsin Woman Finds Drugs Worth $280G in Vacuum (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/15/wis-woman-finds-g-drugs-vacuum?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Wisconsin_Woman_Finds_Drugs_Worth_280G_in_Vacuu m) Michael Reagan Slams Brother for Implying Their Father Had Alzheimer's as President (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/15/son-suggests-reagan-alzheimers-president?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Michael_Reagan_Slams_Brother_for_Implying_Their _Father_Had_Alzheimers_as_President) The Black Swan Events of 2011? (http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/01/14/black-swan-events?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_The_Black_Swan_Events_of_2011)

LePage, who was elected in November with tea party (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/tea-party.htm#r_src=ramp) support, didn't speak publicly at Monday's breakfast, but he chatted with some of the roughly 150 participants, most of whom were white.
In an interview, he declined to discuss his earlier comments, but acknowledged that the holiday "represents an awful lot, particularly to black America. I mean, Martin Luther King was a peaceful activist and unfortunately he gave his life for it."
In a statement issued later by his office (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#), he said, "Dr. King is someone who spent and ultimately gave his life making sure that people got a fair shake regardless of race. We have come far through the years, but the journey continues to make Dr. King's dreams a reality. I urge all Mainers to work as one for a better life for all."
Rep. Effie McClain, pastor of the Oakland-Sidney United Methodist Church, said before her keynote speech that it was time to move beyond LePage's earlier remarks.
"I think that often times we say things that just come out wrong and if we had all the money (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/#) in the world we couldn't take it back," said McClain, who is black. "Don't beat the man continually for something that's been said."
Others attending Monday's event weren't so forgiving.
LePage's attendance was "a political act that has nothing to do with his convictions," said Julie de Sherbinin, a language professor at Colby College in Waterville. De Sherbinin, who is white, is involved in a campus organization that promotes improved race relations.
LePage stayed for the entire 90-minute event, including an African drum act by a Colby ensemble. The smiling governor clapped his hands and briefly joined others who danced to the pounding rhythm.

Again, it says it is not sponsored or affiliated with the NAACP...

It again says that it was something he as done many times in the past while he was mayor.

We wont ever know his reasons...maybe he said it because he had plans and the NAACP didnt like those plans over their agenda for him, maybe it was because like cited in the origional piece, the NAACP asked him to come to Maine's state prison and visit with Black Inmates, and he replied if I go I will visit with All Inmates...maybe just maybe it was tounge and cheek...and the MSM ran with it...I watched the video...and he was laughing while he said it. He cetrainly didnt appear to be very serious, him and a few people around all were laughing...followed up by the comment..seriously, if they want to play the race card, have them come over to my home and ask my black son about it.

I dont think he ment any thing racial about it...he was saying which no matter how you dice it...would have come off as inapproiate...

NO, I am NOT COMMING TO THE EVENT...SO STOP ASKING ABOUT IT.

and when pressed about "dont you think this will appear racial, and insensitive" he replied as I would imagine anyone who has a black, white, asian, mexican etc child..

OHHH KISS MY ASS with that one...

NCA

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
It doesn’t appear LePage caved on attending either of the NAACP events, but he has definitely toned down his rhetoric. Although if he sees the NAACP as merely a special interest group, I’m not sure he should be there anyway.

road kill
01-17-2011, 02:02 PM
It doesn’t appear LePage caved on attending either of the NAACP events, but he has definitely toned down his rhetoric. Although if he sees the NAACP as merely a special interest group, I’m not sure he should be there anyway.

At this point in history, what is it if not a special interest group??

RK

troy schwab
01-17-2011, 02:07 PM

RK

I agree completely Stan!

Roger Perry
01-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Roger,

Link please...

NCA

Here is your link-----------

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 02:21 PM

You have made that accusation several times in past posts. On a couple of occasions I challenged you to post racist acts and/or comments made by the NAACP. To date, you have not. Is it because you do not choose to, or because you cannot? So, I ask again to post something that lends credence to your accusation.

As far as comparing them to the KKK, that is absolutely ludicrous. Please show where the NAACP has advocated violence against any other ethnic group, murdered or lynched anyone, bombed churches, homes and businesses, or even marched against the rights of anyone. All of these are trademarks of the KKK. Either you truly don’t know the history of either group, or for some reason, you seek to trivialize the actions of the Klan, while exaggerating the actions of the NAACP.

Luvmylabs,

I would still like to know the rationale for your accusation that the NAACP is racist, especially since you have made this accusation on more than one occasion. I would also like to see your support for the comparison you made of the NAACP to the KKK. Do you have any examples of the NAACP advocating or committing the type of violent acts the KKK has? Do you have examples of the NAACP engaging in the type of hate filled rhetoric the KKK is known for?

If you have decided against trying to respond, I understand completely.

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Luvmylabs,

I would still like to know the rationale for your accusation that the NAACP is racist, especially since you have made this accusation on more than one occasion. I would also like to see your support for the comparison you made of the NAACP to the KKK. Do you have any examples of the NAACP advocating or committing the type of violent acts the KKK has? Do you have examples of the NAACP engaging in the type of hate filled rhetoric the KKK is known for?

If you have decided against trying to respond, I understand completely.

Just listen to half the garbage that comes out of their mouths. It is rather obvious.

dnf777
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Just listen to half the garbage that comes out of their mouths. It is rather obvious.

If its so obvious, why don't you quote a few lines, or give some examples of the NAACP bombing churches or lynching opponents?

I'm not here to defend the NAACP, but your comparisons trivialize the travesties carried out by the KKK. Also, when have members of the NAACP hid behind costumes, afraid to reveal their identity?

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 02:38 PM

RK

Why have you chosen to look at them “at this point in history. . . ?” Their history spans 100 years. During that time, they have fought against racism, segregation, Jim Crow laws, lynchings, and unfair education, housing & employment practices. Much of the improvement in those areas is directly related to their efforts. I feel that makes them more than just a special interest group. Further, if you read their mission statement, you will see it includes ALL people. Most special interest groups don’t include ALL people.

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Look I never said I aproved or agreed with the KKK. I merely said that the NAACP is a special interest group and so is the KKK.
Now I do think that the NAACP does more to hurt race relations than helps them.
Around here the NAACP always tries to turn as issue that has nothing to do with race into a race issue.
Just look at all the crying and whining about snow makeup days.

huntinman
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Why have you chosen to look at them “at this point in history. . . ?” Their history spans 100 years. During that time, they have fought against racism, segregation, Jim Crow laws, lynchings, and unfair education, housing & employment practices. Much of the improvement in those areas is directly related to their efforts. I feel that makes them more than just a special interest group. Further, if you read their mission statement, you will see it includes ALL people. Most special interest groups don’t include ALL people.

As long as ALL of those people are Liberal...

mjh345
01-17-2011, 02:55 PM
If its so obvious, why don't you quote a few lines, or give some examples of the NAACP bombing churches or lynching opponents?

I'm not here to defend the NAACP, but your comparisons trivialize the travesties carried out by the KKK. Also, when have members of the NAACP hid behind costumes, afraid to reveal their identity?

If you follow luvmylabs MO it is to say something ridiculous and unsupported by facts. When asked to verify or back it up he just says something to the effect of that's just the way it is.

Original thought seems to be lacking in his makeup-He did get A's in English though :)

road kill
01-17-2011, 02:56 PM

Because it is NOW, not then.

Much like unions, they have outlived their usefulness.
Neither are what they were intended to be, nor what they were.

Neither am I for that matter.:D

stan b

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Not to me. I have never heard of them make any racist statements. I have never heard them advocate violence. If you have, give some examples. I have never heard of them committing any violent acts against any other ethnic group like the KKK has. If you have, please give some examples.

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Why all the crap about snow days? Why are their local leaders always in the local news being arrested?

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Why do they defend voter intimidation by the new black panthers?

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Because it is NOW, not then.

Much like unions, they have outlived their usefulness.
Neither are what they were intended to be, nor what they were.

Neither am I for that matter.:D

stan b

I guess I would have to disagree with you on both counts. They may not have as many battles to fight as they once did, but there are still issues to be resolved. Racism and discrimination have not been eliminated to the point where they are no longer issues.

The same goes for unions. Some of the things I have seen done over the years where I work never would have occurred had there been a strong union. And, my company is not unique. There are quite a few companies and government entities that operate the same way.

road kill
01-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I guess I would have to disagree with you on both counts. They may not have as many battles to fight as they once did, but there are still issues to be resolved. Racism and discrimination have not been eliminated to the point where they are no longer issues.

The same goes for unions. Some of the things I have seen done over the years where I work never would have occurred had there been a strong union. And, my company is not unique. There are quite a few companies and government entities that operate the same way.

I have no disagreement with either of your statements.

I do question the focus of both groups as they have become lobbyists and primarily income generators for lot's of their officers.

Much like the NRA.

RK

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Why do they defend voter intimidation by the new black panthers?

I must have missed that. Please post where the NAACP defended the actions of the New Black Panther Party.

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I have no disagreement with either of your statements.

I do question the focus of both groups as they have become lobbyists and primarily income generators for lot's of their officers.

Much like the NRA.

I think the focus has changed for the NAACP. They are starting to focus more on education and urban environmental issues. I have no idea how much their officers get paid, so I can’t speak on that.

Unions have long made sure their officers are taken care of. I guess that’s what happen whenever people and money come together. However, whenever you need either organization, you really need them.

Why do you feel the NRA has lost their focus (if that was your meaning)?

dnf777
01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Why all the crap about snow days? Why are their local leaders always in the local news being arrested?

That's your example of racist comments???

If that's so, there's lots of racists around here that belly-ached when they wanted to take away the opening day of buck season to make up for a snow day!

You know what? If you feel like you mis-spoke in comparing the NAACP to the KKK, its alright. Just do like most of us have done at one time or another, and admit you were wrong. Otherwise, please site some readily available examples....

Roger Perry
01-17-2011, 04:15 PM
That's your example of racist comments???

If that's so, there's lots of racists around here that belly-ached when they wanted to take away the opening day of buck season to make up for a snow day!

You know what? If you feel like you mis-spoke in comparing the NAACP to the KKK, its alright. Just do like most of us have done at one time or another, and admit you were wrong. Otherwise, please site some readily available examples....

Righties admit they are wrong?:BIG::BIG:

Buzz
01-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I must have missed that. Please post where the NAACP defended the actions of the New Black Panther Party.

The NBPP controversy is about nothing more than staging an effective piece of political theater that hurts the Obama administration. Things really began to get blown out of proportion just after the NAACP's 101st annual convention in St. Louis when they condemned the tea party's "tolerance for bigotry."

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 04:31 PM
I stated imo both groups are racist based on their (note Roger no typo) actions.
Those actions do not have to invlove violence.
There are also groups that use or used viloence to promote their causes but they are not necessarly racist such as the Weather Underground.

road kill
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
I think the focus has changed for the NAACP. They are starting to focus more on education and urban environmental issues. I have no idea how much their officers get paid, so I can’t speak on that.

Unions have long made sure their officers are taken care of. I guess that’s what happen whenever people and money come together. However, whenever you need either organization, you really need them.

Why do you feel the NRA has lost their focus (if that was your meaning)?

They are a powerful lobby group that is more interested in new buildings, huge dues paying membership and large amounts of cash.
A really good analogy.

Just my opinion......

RK

Roger Perry
01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I stated imo both groups are racist based on their (note Roger no typo) actions.
There are also groups that use or used viloence to promote their causes but they are not necessarly racist such as the Weather Underground.

Noted:lol:

Cody Covey
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
NAACP advocating racism and violence

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/will-naacp-repudiate-their-own-racist-comments-about-kenneth-gladney-caugh

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
[quote=dnf777;734447]That's your example of racist comments???

quote]

Ok, Here's just a sample of the snow nonsense from the NAACP around here.
Of course this fool fails to mention that presidents day is being used as a snow day this year. Last year the kids made up a snow day on Memorial day!
Can you imagine bring kids back to school for the 4th of July?

NAACP protests holiday school opening

By Jim Morrill
jmorrill@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Monday, Jan. 17, 2011
div#nav {width:310px }

Local NAACP President Kojo Nantambu led around 100 people on a march through uptown this morning, protesting the decision to keep schools open on the Martin Luther King holiday.
And Namtambu, pledging to "expose Charlotte for the racist bastion it is," announced a petition drive to keep the CIAA, NCAA, PGA "and any other 'A'" from coming to Charlotte.
Protesters were angry over the decision by Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools to use Monday as a make-up day for time missed last week because of snow.
"This is a national holiday," Nantambu said outside the government center. "They never would use the 4th of July or Easter or Christmas as an alternative (school) day."
School officials have said that two years ago a committee composed of parents, CMS staff and others proposed use of the King holiday as a weather makeup day and the board approved the recommendation unanimously.
Nantambu said his group asked CMS months ago not to use the King holiday.
Today he led the group from the government center to the Levine Museum of the New South, which is featuring an exhibit on the Carolina roots of the 1954 U.S. Supreme Court decision that led to the desegregation of public schools. From there the group was going to the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts + Culture.
The mainly African American marchers included many parents and students. One was Colby Johnson, a 10th grader from Rocky River High School.
"I wanted to do more than read about the dream," he said, alluding to King's vision of civil rights. "I wanted to live it."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/17/1987800/naacp-protests-holiday-school.html#ixzz1BLtWTdms

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 10:29 PM
NAACP advocating racism and violence

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/will-naacp-repudiate-their-own-racist-comments-about-kenneth-gladney-caugh

I didn’t see anything in the article where the NAACP advocated racism or violence.

The press conference was hosted by Rev. Elston McCowan and Perry Molens, the 2 people accused of attacking Kenneth Gladney. The St. Louis Chap. of the NAACP helped organize the press conference and rally. They spoke at the rally in support of McCowan & Molens because they claimed Kenneth Gladney lied about, and distorted, the events surrounding the alleged assault. In fact, they claim McCowan was the one actually assaulted by Gladney.

Nowhere could I find who invited the speakers that spoke at the rally, but I would have to think it was the hosts. The person that made the inflammatory comments, Zaki Baruti, is President/General of The Universal African Peoples Organization, but not a part of the NAACP. He was standing behind the podium with the NAACP sign on it when he spoke, but I’m sure they didn’t change the signage before every speaker that spoke.

Bill O’Reilly interviewed Baruti about his comments. If the NAACP had made those comments, I would think Bill O'Reilly would have interviewed a spokesperson from the NAACP? About the only thing you can say is the NAACP did not come out afterwards and repudiate Baruti’s comments, since they were at the same rally.

Blackstone
01-17-2011, 11:00 PM

You stated the NAACP was just as racist as the KKK. The KKK’s racist actions include violence. So, if the NAACP’s actions don’t include violence, they can’t be as racist as the KKK, can they?

However, I’m still waiting for you to produce proof of the racist actions by the NAACP. Just saying it is your opinion that they are racist doesn’t make it true. If you are going to make such a serious and condemning accusation, you should have something to back it up. Don't you think that's fair?

subroc
01-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Commanded by Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, one of the most underrated, yet greatest American Military Heroes!

Every time we're at Gettysburg, we make a somemn trek up the side of Little Round Top to the 20th Maine monument to pay respects.

Fix Bayonets! regards....

Nothing underrated about Joshua Chamberlain. Who is underrating him?
Grant thought enough about him to give him the honor of having Lee’s army surrender to him.
He is well recognized…and deservedly so.
Several years back I read John Pullen's book about him (20th Maine). A he!! of a good read.

dnf777
01-18-2011, 04:36 AM
Nothing underrated about Joshua Chamberlain. Who is underrating him?
Grant thought enough about him to give him the honor of having Lee’s army surrender to him.
He is well recognized…and deservedly so.
Several years back I read John Pullen's book about him (20th Maine). A he!! of a good read.

For those that know him and his accomplishments, he is not underrated. I just don't think he has the wide-known fame as many of our other military leaders. Truly an amazing individual. Not a bad military man for a rhetoric professor!

luvmylabs23139
01-18-2011, 08:48 AM
You stated the NAACP was just as racist as the KKK. The KKK’s racist actions include violence. So, if the NAACP’s actions don’t include violence, they can’t be as racist as the KKK, can they?
YES THEY CAN

However, I’m still waiting for you to produce proof of the racist actions by the NAACP. Just saying it is your opinion that they are racist doesn’t make it true. If you are going to make such a serious and condemning accusation, you should have something to back it up. Don't you think that's fair?

READ THE SNOW NONSENSE!

Locally they are stating that using MLK as a snow makeup day makes a city racist. Get real. Even you should realize that is just stupid.:rolleyes:
President's day is also gone. Last year Memorial day was used.
Often MLK is a makeup day but not used because we don't often have weather days that early in the year.
We also have makeup days scheduled for earlier in the year that end up not being used. Those days are there for tropical weather.

dnf777
01-18-2011, 09:15 AM
READ THE SNOW NONSENSE!

Locally they are stating that using MLK as a snow makeup day makes a city racist. Get real. Even you should realize that is just stupid.:rolleyes:
President's day is also gone. Last year Memorial day was used.
Often MLK is a makeup day but not used because we don't often have weather days that early in the year.
We also have makeup days scheduled for earlier in the year that end up not being used. Those days are there for tropical weather.

Come on Blackstone, don't you realize that complaining about having a MLK day taken away is JUST AS BAD as bombing churches and lynching people because of the color of their skin?? Where's your sensitivity? :rolleyes:

luvmylabs23139
01-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Come on Blackstone, don't you realize that complaining about having a MLK day taken away is JUST AS BAD as bombing churches and lynching people because of the color of their skin?? Where's your sensitivity? :rolleyes:

Now explain to me why Senator Byrd is such a great guy? He admts he was KKK.:confused::confused::confused:
Why is ok for Obama to be associated with someone who bombed police stations?:rolleyes:

mjh345
01-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Now explain to me why Senator Byrd is such a great guy? He admts he was KKK.:confused::confused::confused:
Why is ok for Obama to be associated with someone who bombed police stations?:rolleyes:

Come on Luvvy stay on point.
You stated that the NAACP promoted racism and violence.
You were asked to back that statement up.

No one asked you about Obama or Byrd

Ken Bora
01-18-2011, 09:36 AM

hmmph:rolleyes:
like that will happen . .

luvmylabs23139
01-18-2011, 09:48 AM
You stated that the NAACP promoted racism and violence.
You were asked to back that statement up.

No one asked you about Obama or Byrd

Read: MLK day as a snow day means a city is racist. I'm just posting the rants of the NAACP. I posted their statement. Do I need to post it and quote it mulitple times????
Here is the new rant
Off the Record

« Return to blog (http://www.news-record.com/blog/offtherecord)
Boycotting the 'racist bastion' of Charlotte

Continuing on the theme ...
The Charlotte-Meck NAACP is asking the CIAA to cancel its basketball tourney in the "racist bastion" of Charlotte in response to the school system's decision to make up a snow day yesterday instead of closing for Martin Luther King Jr. Day

dnf777
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM

News Flash:

BYRD IS DEAD!!

(just wanted to fill you in on current events)

luvmylabs23139
01-18-2011, 09:59 AM
hmmph:rolleyes:
like that will happen . .

I stay on point but of course since it does not fit the liberal crap I'm not on point. Seriously, what is better, kids going to school or staying home and playing X-box ?:rolleyes:
Think back to when you were in school. What did you personally do on a day off in the winter?
Both you and I were in school pre MLK day. So what did we do on Presidents' day? Actually for me it was 2 days Washington and Lincoln.
If the ponds were frozen we were ice skating.

road kill
01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
News Flash:

BYRD IS DEAD!!

So is the KKK, but someone brought it up.

You know at one time the KKK had over 4 million members??:shock:
(I believe in the 20's)

FDR appointed a known Klan member to SCOTUS.

Soooo??

I dunno, just sayin'......

RK

BTW....this thread is pretty well played out.

luvmylabs23139
01-18-2011, 10:04 AM
News Flash:

BYRD IS DEAD!!

OK, I know that and you know that I know that.
It does not change the facts that for some reason he is worshipped by the likes of BUMFACE even though he was KKK.
He was elected to office many times by the dums even though he was KKK.
What does that say about the people of WV?

Ken Bora
01-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Think back to when you were in school. What did you personally do on a day off in the winter?

Work,
Rural life in Vermont.
Had many many many snow days.
Wood was lugged. Snow was shoveled.
Hot meals carried by cross-country skies (“Cant I use the ski-do?” “No, you’ll spill it and waste gas!”)
To elderly neighbors. Believe me when I tell you, the kids I hung with and myself were happy to go back to school to rest up.

Anyway, back on point, when they be whining about the snow day, how many were killed and how many crosses were burned?

luvmylabs23139
01-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Work,
Rural life in Vermont.
Had many many many snow days.
Wood was lugged. Snow was shoveled.

Yup, snow was shoveled before we were allowed to play.
Heck, bro and I received an odd shaped gift under the tree from the dog (lab)
Turned out that it was a pair of snow shovels. I think we were 8 and 10.

dnf777
01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
BTW....this thread is pretty well played out.

I think they all are...that's why we're beating dead horses!

How 'bout them Steelers????

luvmylabs23139
01-18-2011, 10:50 AM

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!
We have already won this season.
Plus how can anyone cheer for a QB that well ya know?
PA has a great pair of QB's. Convicted felon and probable " rap***":rolleyes:

Buzz
01-18-2011, 10:58 AM

Is that Steelers or Stealers? Sorry, couldn't help it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rx-Fs4ilh4

Now watch a 4th and one mysteriously turn into a 4th and inches...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L9uISlDjvQ

Officiating has been JUST TERRIBLE throughout the entire league this year!

Roger Perry
01-18-2011, 11:17 AM

I have no idea what that sentence means. And you are questioning DNF's grammar?:confused:

dnf777
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM

Big Ben certainly took his lumps in the 'burgh. Not the image the Rooney's want to portray of their franchise, as it is again the number one merchandising team in the USA. (Polamalu #1 in jersey sales nationwide)

Personally, I would have sent him packing. But that would have been losing possibly the best QB in the history of FB. I know, I know, only TWO rings....yet to be determined.

Roger Perry
01-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Big Ben certainly took his lumps in the 'burgh. Not the image the Rooney's want to portray of their franchise, as it is again the number one merchandising team in the USA. (Polamalu #1 in jersey sales nationwide)

Personally, I would have sent him packing. But that would have been losing possibly the best QB in the history of FB. I know, I know, only TWO rings....yet to be determined.

I have to disagree with you there. There is a long list of QB's that are alot better than Big Ben. In no particular order, Bret Farve, Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Johnny Unitas, and Roger Staubach comes to mind. I am sure I am missing a few more.

road kill
01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I have to disagree with you there. There is a long list of QB's that are alot better than Big Ben. In no particular order, Bret Farve, Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach and of course Aaron Rodgers comes to mind. I am sure I am missing a few more.

Fixed for ya RP!!!!:D

RK

dnf777
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I have to disagree with you there. There is a long list of QB's that are alot better than Big Ben. In no particular order, Bret Farve, Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Johnny Unitas, and Roger Staubach comes to mind. I am sure I am missing a few more.

I may have been stirring the pot a little bit there, but Ben won a superbowl trophy his SECOND year in the NFL. Marino never sealed the deal. The others, well, I'd hate to have to ever settle that argument, cause they're all greats in their own way. Some with stats, some with rings, some with guts and character. Even though Jim Kelley will forever be known as a 4-time loser, he was one helluva QB too. I don't think anyone is as good as Ben out of the pocket, and nobody is harder to put on the ground.

I'll back off a little and say he's merely "one of the best". I think his strength is the clutch plays. He can play like a buffoon all day long, but nail the final go-ahead drive under the two minute warning with no timeouts.

Roger Perry
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Fixed for ya RP!!!!:D

RK

Aaron Rodgers has a long way to go until he can fill the jock strap of the other qb's I mentioned. He has only been a starter for 3 years but has a long way to go before he can be called great.

road kill
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
I may have been stirring the pot a little bit there, but Ben won a superbowl trophy his SECOND year in the NFL. Marino never sealed the deal. The others, well, I'd hate to have to ever settle that argument, cause they're all greats in their own way. Some with stats, some with rings, some with guts and character. Even though Jim Kelley will forever be known as a 4-time loser, he was one helluva QB too. I don't think anyone is as good as Ben out of the pocket, and nobody is harder to put on the ground.

I'll back off a little and say he's merely "one of the best". I think his strength is the clutch plays. He can play like a buffoon all day long, but nail the final go-ahead drive under the two minute warning with no timeouts.

What about Fran Tarkenton???:rolleyes:

5' nothin 100 and nothin, never saw the little dude get hit.:shock:

RK

road kill
01-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Aaron Rodgers has a long way to go until he can fill the jock strap of the other qb's I mentioned. He has only been a starter for 3 years but has a long way to go before he can be called great.

Yep, 2 more games!!;-)

RK

dnf777
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
What about Fran Tarkenton???:rolleyes:

5' nothin 100 and nothin, never saw the little dude get hit.:shock:

RK

You missed superbowl IX didn't you?

Tark's Superbowl Offensive Stats:

Total yards passing 102
Total yards rushing 17

He was great....as long as he didn't play against a real defense.

Blackstone
01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Read: MLK day as a snow day means a city is racist. I'm just posting the rants of the NAACP. I posted their statement. Do I need to post it and quote it mulitple times????
Here is the new rant
Off the Record

« Return to blog (http://www.news-record.com/blog/offtherecord)
Boycotting the 'racist bastion' of Charlotte

Continuing on the theme ...
The Charlotte-Meck NAACP is asking the CIAA to cancel its basketball tourney in the "racist bastion" of Charlotte in response to the school system's decision to make up a snow day yesterday instead of closing for Martin Luther King Jr. Day

What do snow days, Byrd or Obama have to do with whether or not the NAACP is racist? The answer . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! This is an organization that has been around 100 years, and that’s all you could come up with?:rolleyes: Further, if accusing the City of Charlotte of being racist is enough to make the NAACP racist, then it would follow that you accusing the NAACP of being racist would make you racist as well. After all, what’s good for the goose . . . . !

Obviously, you have no legitimate, or even reasonable, proof to back your accusation, but you’re going to cling to it anyway, regardless of how baseless it is. But, everyone has the right to believe what they want. So, I’ll just let this drop now.

depittydawg
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM

The measurement of a Quarterback is Championships. It's a short list of greats.
Montana - 4
Bradshaw - 4
Otto Graham - 7
Far as I know, those are the all time leaders.

paul young
01-19-2011, 08:14 AM
big Ben's first ring was won by his team despite him.-Paul

road kill
01-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Montana - 4
Bradshaw - 4
Otto Graham - 7

Bart Starr - 5

Just tryin' to help........:D

RK

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Montana - 4
Bradshaw - 4
Otto Graham - 7

It takes more than one person to win a championship. Football is a team sport is it not????

I look to the record books and accomplishments. By the way, I left out Tom Brady of the Patriots.

dnf777
01-19-2011, 11:17 AM
big Ben's first ring was won by his team despite him.-Paul

Yeah, but they wouldn't have been there if not for his backwards, shoestring tackle on the Bettis fumble!

I'd like to see pretty-boy Brady, or anyone else for that matter, make that play!