PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to texting?

huntinman
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Or have a teenager that is? Watch this: http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/01/18/texting-girl-falls-mall-fountain

road kill
01-18-2011, 01:35 PM
My kids are 30 & 27.
Honestly, if I didn't text I would have missed a lot of communicating with them over the last few years.

Problem I have is my phone has a dial on it!!!

RK

huntinman
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
My kids are 30 & 27.
Honestly, if I didn't text I would have missed a lot of communicating with them over the last few years.

RK

I do a lot of texting with my college student son, but I stop walking when I do it! However I can chew gum while texting...

road kill
01-18-2011, 01:49 PM
I do a lot of texting with my college student son, but I stop walking when I do it! However I can chew gum while texting...

Yeah, I don't do it driving.

I have, realized it is not a good thing.

stan b

mjh345
01-18-2011, 01:50 PM
My kids are 30 & 27.

RK

BINGO!!!!!

subroc
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
and there was debate and resistance in some states on whether it should be illegal to text and DRIVE!

road kill
01-18-2011, 03:26 PM
and there was debate and resistance in some states on whether it should be illegal to text and DRIVE!

Well.....if I can figure that out...........

BTW--My turn signal is supposed to be on, I am old.:cool:

RK

BonMallari
01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey if Lanse Brown can learn to text ( he was told by Rorem to learn how :p:p)

I prefer to text that way people can call me back OR NOT without having to make excuses and hanging up...just wish they would make it very illegal to text and drive ( 250 fine in Calif)

Blackstone
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't like to text. I have to do it for work sometimes, but that's about it. Most times I can call you just as easy as text something to you. I just don't understand the fascination with it.

BonMallari
01-18-2011, 09:37 PM
its very easy to put out the same message to many users and only have to do it once...for me its the best way to communicate at a FT or in training, and especially if my brother is with a patient, allows him to call back at HIS convienence

Blackstone
01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
its very easy to put out the same message to many users and only have to do it once...for me its the best way to communicate at a FT or in training, and especially if my brother is with a patient, allows him to call back at HIS convienence

I never carry my phone with me in the field while I'm training. Someone is bound to call at just the wrong time.

dnf777
01-19-2011, 06:04 AM

I think THAT's the key. Its almost poor etiquette to bother someone with a call, unless its urgent. Text, and give then the option to call at their convenience is now the social norm. (or so my nieces tell me) :confused:

ducknwork
01-19-2011, 07:49 AM
I hate texting, facebook and all the technological communication crap these days. In ten years, people won't remember how to have a face to face conversation.

I'm going kicking and screaming.

road kill
01-19-2011, 09:00 AM
I hate texting, facebook and all the technological communication crap these days. In ten years, people won't remember how to have a face to face conversation.

For some reason "social media" is all the rage.
Even in my vertical (printing, direct mail & marketing) it is being crammed down our throats.
I don't see any way to make $$$ off of it, so........

I am old school, sales are made belly to belly, but the new people coming in are uncomfortable and awkward face to face.

Thankfully, I won't be around much longer and am good enough to have a few good clients I am not looking too hard for new one.

Unless of course any of you need.......never mind.

RK

Ken Bora
01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I never carry my phone with me in the field while I'm training. Someone is bound to call at just the wrong time.

Same Here!!!!!!
And I hate the folk in the field with a phone in pocket!!!!!
YET, the youngin' tosin' birds for ya neeeeeeeds it or will die, it seems :rolleyes:
and they play games, tunes, video you runnin' the dog!!! and that is a good thing. and it keeps um happy. I used to bring a book:confused:

luvmylabs23139
01-19-2011, 12:13 PM

More than anything the debate in states that allow cell phone use but ban texting boils down to proving that a person is actually texting.
There is no way for a cop to know and prove they knew a person was texting vs talking on a cell phone prior to pulling them over. That blows away cause for the stop.
More states need to just ban all cell phone use for the driver.

luvmylabs23139
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM

Duck,
Are you sure you are the younger generation?;-)

I have no idea how to use the new phone hubby got me, nor do I care to learn and I've had a cell phone since the days of large bag phones.
AAA and a cell for 911 is as far as I care to deal with them.

ducknwork
01-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Duck,
Are you sure you are the younger generation?;-)

Nope, just faking it. Got yall fooled, huh?:p

starjack
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Coworker comes in on friday says hey did you get my text. I say no what text. He says the one i sent you wenesday night. I say well what was it suppose to say. He says i wanted you to tell the boss i wasent feeling good. I say well keep texting me then because i dont look at them any way. He says well should i just text the boss myself next time. I say DUH.

dnf777
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Same Here!!!!!!
And I hate the folk in the field with a phone in pocket!!!!!
YET, the youngin' tosin' birds for ya neeeeeeeds it or will die, it seems :rolleyes:
and they play games, tunes, video you runnin' the dog!!! and that is a good thing. and it keeps um happy. I used to bring a book:confused:

You obviously haven't seen the tritronics collar/remote release/whistle app for iphone have you? ;)

Ken Bora
01-20-2011, 07:43 AM
O.K. The Girl (little past the girl stage, she is) was JUST on the morning news.
She is going to sue!!!!!!!!!!
Some folk, every now and then, just ned to be slapppppppppppppped up side of the head!

SHE WALKED INTO THE FOUNTIAN ALL BY HER OWN SELF!

She's gonna sue:confused:

road kill
01-20-2011, 07:49 AM
O.K. The Girl (little past the girl stage, she is) was JUST on the morning news.
Some folk, every now and then, just ned to be slapppppppppppppped up side of the head!

Hey, Mr Ken......did you get my text??

RK

ducknwork
01-20-2011, 08:03 AM

Sounds reasonable to me. Who the hell puts a fountain in the middle of a mall anyway? Dummies...

huntinman
01-20-2011, 08:20 AM
who is she suing? the mall for the fountain? the mall security for showing the video? Or her parents for raising an idiot?

ducknwork
01-20-2011, 08:30 AM
who is she suing? the mall for the fountain? the mall security for showing the video? Or her parents for raising an idiot?

Maybe her cell service provider for selling her a texting plan.

Ken Bora
01-20-2011, 10:18 AM

I do not know. I do not think she knows, yet.
I think she will try to go after you tube.
She said in the segment "I called my Daddy and said Daddy they put me on the you tube!"
Yes I got it right, she said "The You Tube".
Like when the red neck says "I'm gonna go on up to The Wall-Mart" :rolleyes:

Ken Bora
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
so I found her theme song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySP5c9k_UfM

ducknwork
01-20-2011, 11:45 AM
I do not know. I do not think she knows, yet.
I think she will try to go after you tube.
She said in the segment "I called my Daddy and said Daddy they put me on the you tube!"
Yes I got it right, she said "The You Tube".
Like when the red neck says "I'm gonna go on up to The Wall-Mart" :rolleyes:

She should have texted him to let him know about it.