PDA

View Full Version : New Ala. gov: Just Christians are his family

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I guess that must leave out the Jews, Hindu's, Muslims and Athiests

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley told a church crowd just moments into his new administration that those who have not accepted Jesus (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alabama_governor_christians#) as their savior are not his brothers and sisters, shocking some critics who questioned Tuesday whether he can be fair to non-Christians.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alabama_governor_christians

road kill
01-19-2011, 08:57 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley told a church crowd just moments into his new administration that those who have not accepted Jesus (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alabama_governor_christians#) as their savior are not his brothers and sisters, shocking some critics who questioned Tuesday whether he can be fair to non-Christians.

Isn't your logic sort of like saying lesbians on the SCOTUS can't be fair to straight people???

Just askin'...........:D

RK

mjh345
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Isn't your logic sort of like saying lesbians on the SCOTUS can't be fair to straight people???

Just askin'...........:D

RK
Only if said Lesbian were quoted as saying that those who have not accepted lesbianism as their lifestyle are not her bretheren!!!

Just sayin............

road kill
01-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Only if said Lesbian were quoted as saying that those who have not accepted lesbianism as their lifestyle are not her bretheren!!!

Just sayin............

:rolleyes:

RK

david gibson
01-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Just sayin............

Game, set, and match!

road kill
01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Game, set, and match!

Are you familiar with her quote on her lifestyle giving her a "BETTER" insight than the regular person?

You are pulling up arguments your side lost here months and years ago.

BTW--I am flattered.........often imitated, never duplicated. :D

RK

Ken Bora
01-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Well he is biblically accurate . . .
Pete

isaac and ishmael ;-)
that makes those pesky murdering terrorists our brothers too

Darn, GOD has a wicked sence of humor . .

mjh345
01-19-2011, 11:12 AM
isaac and ishmael ;-)

That is funny on so many levels
Bora you are good!!

My God is better than your God regards

Leddyman
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
isaac and ishmael ;-)

I love you Bora... I'd even kiss your big fat face, but you got your Bible sideways.

We ain't Ishmael's brotheren. He was cast out. Abraham should ought to have not done that with Hagar.

God DOES have a wicked sense of humor though. (not wicked in the sense of wickedness, but wicked funny)

The children of the bondwoman are still a persecutin the children of Sarah. They just can't stand it that they are outcasts.

Gal 4:22-31
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

"Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband."

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman." 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
NKJV

Ken Bora
01-19-2011, 11:29 AM
I love you Bora... I'd even kiss your big fat face, but you got your Bible sideways.

We ain't Ishmael's brotheren. He was cast out. Abraham should ought to have not done that with Hagar.

God DOES have a wicked sense of humor though. (not wicked in the sense of wickedness, but wicked funny)

The children of the bondwoman are still a persecutin the children of Sarah. They just can't stand it that they are outcasts.

Noooooooo.............
We are, brothers from another mother.
and it is not Abraham or Gods fault!!!!
It is all on Sarah. She started to worry. She did not believe. She told Abraham to "go to" Hagar. Now what feller, when the wife says "Go Bang the upstairs maid" is going to say no??? I mean, he pondered for a bit. Wondered if it was a trick. Asked her again.... She told him "drive it home big boy" So he was on her like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
THEN....
After the deed was done and the first born was born OOOOOPS look who else is knocked up!
And THEN....
'cause she now had Isaac She Sarah, cast out the maid and child.
Yet, God kept the covenent....

wicked sence of humor She has I say ;-)

dnf777
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM

Just sayin............

Checkmate!

ducknwork
01-19-2011, 12:27 PM

Just sayin............

Do you understand the concept of brothers and sisters in Christ?

dnf777
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM

Gal 4:22-31
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

"Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband."

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman." 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
NKJV

Hey...just like Obama's birth certificate, I need to see the Bible you're quoting from, with a certificate of authenticity, signed by God himself, before I believe any of that self-contradictory babble! Only embossed, sealed certificates are acceptable. No newspaper clips, either! ;)

Duck Blind
01-19-2011, 12:53 PM

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him" 1 John 5:1.
Jews, Hindu's, Muslims, Chrisitans and Athiests are not spiritual brothers or sisters. We have all made a decision to accept or reject Jesus Christ. By rejecting him, one chooses exclusion from the Christian family. Time will tell if the governor can maintain impartiality. As soon as he doesn't, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

mjh345
01-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Do you understand the concept of brothers and sisters in Christ?

Nope
Do you understand logic?
My post was in reply to the logic used in RK's post in post #2 of this thread

dnf777
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him" 1 John 5:1.
Jews, Hindu's, Muslims, Chrisitans and Athiests are not spiritual brothers or sisters. We have all made a decision to accept or reject Jesus Christ. By rejecting him, one chooses exclusion from the Christian family. Time will tell if the governor can maintain impartiality. As soon as he doesn't, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

What exactly does that mean?
Since Christ "is the only path to Heaven", does that imply that all Jews, Hindus, and other non-Christians go to Hell?
Please enlighten me.

road kill
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
What exactly does that mean?
Since Christ "is the only path to Heaven", does that imply that all Jews, Hindus, and other non-Christians go to Hell?
Please enlighten me.

No need to mock someones beliefs.
It is what it is.
You guys want to make fun of me....that's OK,(I don't pay any attention any way) but have enough empathy and compassion that you always talk about to know the difference.

RK

dnf777
01-19-2011, 04:17 PM
No need to mock someones beliefs.
It is what it is.
You guys want to make fun of me....that's OK,(I don't pay any attention any way) but have enough empathy and compassion that you always talk about to know the difference.

RK

Nobody is making fun.
I'm asking just what exactly that means. I happen to have lots of friends who are Jewish and a few who are Hindu and Muslim, all of whom live very much like how Jesus said we should. I'm wondering if they are to be excluded from Heaven, because they chose to worship in another manner from us? If anything, I am looking for a little empathy and compassion for my friends.

road kill
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Nobody is making fun.
I'm asking just what exactly that means. I happen to have lots of friends who are Jewish and a few who are Hindu and Muslim, all of whom live very much like how Jesus said we should. I'm wondering if they are to be excluded from Heaven, because they chose to worship in another manner from us? If anything, I am looking for a little empathy and compassion for my friends.

UH HUH!!:rolleyes:

RK

dnf777
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Dave you remind me of Nicodemus

Thanks, that explained what being excluded from the Christian family meant, in a very Christian way. I'm Catholic, and know what that means to me. When sit down with friends, be they fellow Christians, Jews, Hindus, or whatever, we are all brothers and sisters under God, and I don't exclude them from any family.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I've just seen too much hurt and hatred spawned by exclusionary attitudes...amongst good people. I don't believe any one religious belief has and exclusive path to Heaven.

BTW, I never liked the term "born again". Like when girls claim to have "born again virginity". Sorry. You don't always get a mulligan in real life! I was baptized and received Confirmation. That's enough for me.

Leddyman
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Nobody is making fun.

They can go to heaven. Same way as everyone else. Jesus said whosoever will may come. If any man come to me I will in no wise cast him out. Jesus is non-discriminatory. Takes robbers, drunks, killers, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc. As long as they are willing to repent and accept God's way into heaven. Same can't be said of those other religions. You got to provide yer own righteousness. What if you can't? Why go to hell they say, or do it over or some such. That is discrimination for ya. Only the good people get to go to their heaven. Jesus came to forgive sinners.

What you are saying is "Screw you God, I demand to get to heaven any damn way I please. So what about your son? I choose not to believe that drivel so let me in." I want to Buddha my way to heaven.

See how that works for you.

dnf777
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
What you are saying is "Screw you God, I demand to get to heaven any damn way I please. So what about your son? I choose not to believe that drivel so let me in." I want to Buddha my way to heaven.

Uhhh....You better quote where I said anything remotely related to those BS comments, or apologize for putting blasphemous words into my mouth.
Is that how you want to reflect upon Christianity?

First of all, I was ASKING for an explanation of what appeared to be exclusionary comments. I didn't SAY anything. Please stop attributing made-up quotes to me or anyone else.

JDogger
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I miss Yardley. :(.....er, his posts that is. JD

road kill
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I miss Yardley. :(.....er, his posts that is. JD

Do you have insomnia????

RK

Leddyman
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Uhhh....You better quote where I said anything remotely related to those BS comments, or apologize for putting blasphemous words into my mouth.
Is that how you want to reflect upon Christianity?

First of all, I was ASKING for an explanation of what appeared to be exclusionary comments. I didn't SAY anything. Please stop attributing made-up quotes to me or anyone else.

Logical extension of yer Muslim Hindus Jews all gots to go to heaven philosophy. If they can get there any way they please then that makes the sacrifice of Christ unnecessary and either paints Him a liar or makes God a cruel tyrant for unnecessarily sacrificing His son. You can't have it both ways.

Sorry bout that whole blasphemy thing regards,

JDogger
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Do you have insomnia????

RK

No...I sleep very well, thank you. Comfortable in the same way that you are, I suppose. JD

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Christian means "Christ in " as is scattered throughout the new testiment. its very possible that ones earthly brother is not their brother in Christ. Thats why I said you remind me of Nicodemus. it was a joke.

Your hindu brother which does not believe in Jesus Christ cannot be your brother in Christ. I don't care how many times you click your heels,,,
sorry about that. You may call him your brother and thats fine,,,but there is no genetic tie. Just as JC was Gods son and anyone who believes that God raised him from the dead is Gods son .,,,,so logically then that would make those who believe in his ressurection also JC's brother Once someone believes then God places his incorruptable seed in that person. Thats how we become his children by seed. They recieve the gift of holy spirit.

The only thing I'm sure of is this that

The majority of people believe there is a God. And the majority of people do not believe what he says.

I realize you and many dont like the term "born again" those arent my words,,,,, that what JC said. You can take that up with him. I'm just telling what he said.

Pete

Tell me, does one have to attend church in order to be a Christian or can one just believe in both God and Jesus to be a Christian.

Seems like to me, alot of people attending church go there just to be noticed. Most of them seem to turn into hypricates once church lets out.

Franco
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Both Christians and Muslims are about absolutism. It is either thier way or no way. One is either a follwer of the flock or they are not.
This absolutism is a result of the reality as comprehended by ancient man. Much of it has to do with control amd power.

Hindus and Buddhist do not consider thier spirtuality originating from a god but a spritual teacher. Much like the Rabbi Jesus at his time. Over the past 30,000 years, one realizes that man has created hundreds of gods. The only concept they were capable of comprehendingat the time.

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Both Christians and Muslims are about absolutism. It is either thier way or no way. One is either a follwer of the flock or they are not.
This absolutism is a result of the reality as comprehended by ancient man. Much of it has to do with control amd power.

Hindus and Buddhist do not consider thier spirtuality originating from a god but a spritual teacher. Much like the Rabbi Jesus at his time. Over the past 30,000 years, one realizes that man has created hundreds of gods. The only concept they were capable of comprehendingat the time.

I have seen some people here believe the earth is only 5,000 years old.

dnf777
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Logical extension of yer Muslim Hindus Jews all gots to go to heaven philosophy. If they can get there any way they please then that makes the sacrifice of Christ unnecessary and either paints Him a liar or makes God a cruel tyrant for unnecessarily sacrificing His son. You can't have it both ways.

Sorry bout that whole blasphemy thing regards,

So I was mildly "scolded" for ridiculing religious beliefs when I asked if therefore Jews, Hindus, etc...all go to hell for not accepting JC as their savior.

So do I understand from the above that you believe that to be the case?

Could God not speak to different cultures through different prophets?

Franco
01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I have seen some people here believe the earth is only 5,000 years old.

There is much denial in the world. The evidence is clear;-)

When one attempts to consider that earth is 4.5billion years old and the universes older, we realize that there was no beginning, as man conceptualizes time.

dnf777
01-20-2011, 05:46 AM
I guess the Clovis people from 13,000 years ago are just figments of our imagination, along with the tools and relics found in New Mexico?

cotts135
01-20-2011, 07:09 AM
They can go to heaven. Same way as everyone else. Jesus said whosoever will may come. If any man come to me I will in no wise cast him out. Jesus is non-discriminatory. Takes robbers, drunks, killers, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc. As long as they are willing to repent and accept God's way into heaven. Same can't be said of those other religions. You got to provide yer own righteousness. What if you can't? Why go to hell they say, or do it over or some such. That is discrimination for ya. Only the good people get to go to their heaven. Jesus came to forgive sinners.

It seems some things never change, man, for as long as religion has been around , has touted that their religion is better than yours. It is as true today as it was a thousand years ago. You would hope that in the intervening time we would have learned from that, but judging from the Christian Crusades to the Nazi's persecution of the Jews in World War 11 it is apparent we haven't :confused:

dnf777
01-20-2011, 09:52 AM
No Dave
They were really here along with those giant foot prints found in different parts of the world. We do not no if they were genetically identical to us or not. Neandrathal man used tools to . Big woop
What does that proove
Pete

I won't take up that argument. Saving to say, that not all in the Bible is to be taken literally.

dnf777
01-20-2011, 11:17 AM
If I wanted a rectal exam,, I would look for people who did alot and would trust their opinion over someone who enjoyed sticking their finger up their butt once in a while.

Does that make sence:)
Go to the soarce.

Pete

That makes lots of sense. As for your last comment....that too depends on what your "goals" are! :shock:

All I could offer in that regard, would be a professional, educated medical opinion. I get really nervous when people say, "that was fun, doc!" ;)

ducknwork
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
That makes lots of sense. As for your last comment....that too depends on what your "goals" are! :shock:

All I could offer in that regard, would be a professional, educated medical opinion. I get really nervous when people say, "that was fun, doc!" ;)

Is that before or after they ask you to dinner?

Roger Perry
01-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Two days after being sworn in as Alabama governor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_Alabama),Robert Bentley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bentley) apologized Wednesday for proclaiming to aBaptist church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptists) audience that onlyChristians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian) were his brothers and sisters and vowed to work for people of all faiths and colors.