PDA

View Full Version : GOP-led House votes to repeal health care law

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 05:57 PM
I just wonder how many newbe's actually read what was in the health care bill before voting against it. Did they even know what they were voting against or were they blindly following the party wishes?

WASHINGTON — The Republican-controlled House has voted to repeal the nation's year-old health care law, clearing the way for the second phase of the "repeal and replace" promise that victorious Republicans made to the voters last fall.
The repeal, which was passed by a vote of 245 to 189, has little or no chance of passing the Senate, where Democratic supporters of the law have the majority. And Obama has vowed to veto it if it reaches his desk.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41149463/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

road kill
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
I just wonder how many newbe's actually read what was in the health care bill before voting against it. Did they even know what they were voting against or were they blindly following the party wishes?

WASHINGTON — The Republican-controlled House has voted to repeal the nation's year-old health care law, clearing the way for the second phase of the "repeal and replace" promise that victorious Republicans made to the voters last fall.
The repeal, which was passed by a vote of 245 to 189, has little or no chance of passing the Senate, where Democratic supporters of the law have the majority. And Obama has vowed to veto it if it reaches his desk.

OOOOH, OOOOH, I know, I know!!!!!

Probably more than read it before they voted for it!!!!!:D

RK

JDogger
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM

RK

What happened to your 'history is made' thread RK? I was just about to reply. Guess you realized it wasn't history, but just a footnote.

I liked the part in your link about congress giving up their own socialized HC.

road kill
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
What happened to your 'history is made' thread RK? I was just about to reply. Guess you realized it wasn't history, but just a footnote.

I liked the part in your link about congress giving up their own socialized HC.

I saw RP posted this (after mine BTW) guess he didn't "read it first!!!":D

RK

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 06:38 PM

RK

Here is another excert from the link.

According to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, the American public is divided on both the repeal effort and the health care law. Forty-six percent oppose the GOP's attempt to repeal the law, while 45 percent support the effort. Meanwhile, 39 percent believe the health plan Obama signed into law last March is a good idea, while another 39 percent think it's not.

I just cannot see where a majority of Americans want the health care bill repealed as the Republicans claim. I think they are just jealous that the D's came upwith and passed a health care bill and it will make the R's look bad.

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
I saw RP posted this (after mine BTW) guess he didn't "read it first!!!":D

RK

Actually we must have been typing at the same time. Cannot type and read another post at the same time you must have hit the submit button before I did.;-)

Roger Perry
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
One either beleives or they don't, those that do live off of their faith, that what they believe in is real.

Both Christianity and Islam aren't very tolerent of much diviation. It's thier way or no way. A spiritual concept that could only come from the imagination of ancient man. In contrast, Hindus and Buddhist do not consider thier spirituality based on a god but, rather a spiritual treacher. Same as the Rabbi Jesus was at his time, a spiritual taecher. But, man in our attempt to explain our being could only comprehend a "god".

When one analysis the concept of "absolutism in belief" in conjuntion wth the limited scope of ancient man, we see the first organized attempt at controlling the masses. Religion has always been about power. Afterall, it is the oldest form of politicis.

Franco, are you on the right thread with this post:confused:

Franco
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Franco, are you on the right thread with this post:confused:

Nope, long day at the oofice!

When I didn't see it posted on the Bama Govs' thread I was frustrated. ;-)

subroc
01-20-2011, 05:35 AM
I expect many if not all of the newbes read it. It was what got many of them elected, a desire by the American people to repeal bad law.

Matt McKenzie
01-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Does anyone here on this forum understand all the changes the new health care law implements? I know I sure don't. Do you think all the folks polled about the law understand it? I doubt it. The sad thing is that there is this huge discussion in the public domain about something that most of us are completely or at least partially ignorant about. We are expected to trust that those on "our side" are representing it to us accurately. Sorry, but I don't trust the talking heads on my side any more than those on the other side.

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 07:25 AM
I expect many if not all of the newbes read it. It was what got many of them elected, a desire by the American people to repeal bad law.

According to the article the poll taken the people are split down the middle on weather or not they approve or disapprove of the health care law. Apparently it is the people that belong to the Republican party that do not want the health care law. Their party doesn't want it so they don't want it.

According to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, the American public is divided on both the repeal effort and the health care law. Forty-six percent oppose the GOP's attempt to repeal the law, while 45 percent support the effort. Meanwhile, 39 percent believe the health plan Obama signed into law last March is a good idea, while another 39 percent think it's not.

road kill
01-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Yesterday.....245 members of the house voted to repeal the Obama's takeover of the health care industry.

Only 219 voted for it when it got rammed through.

Interesting, don't you think????

RK

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Yesterday.....245 members of the house voted to repeal the Obama's takeover of the health care industry.

Only 219 voted for it when it got rammed through.

Interesting, don't you think????

RK

I'm not debating who voted for what. I am debating whe will of the American people. There is not a majority of Americans that want the health care bill repealed as the Republicans claim.

road kill
01-20-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm not debating who voted for what. I am debating whe will of the American people. There is not a majority of Americans that want the health care bill repealed as the Republicans claim.

Explain the votes?
Those people were elected on promises to vote to repeal this debacle.

If that is the case, why won't Reid allow a vote in the Senate??

RK

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Explain the votes?

RK

Give it up RK. There is a House majority of Republicans. The vote was for show only. It will never pass the Senate and Obama has veto power. There would not be enough votes to overturn a veto.

BrianW
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Does anyone here on this forum understand all the changes the new health care law implements?...
The sad thing is that there is this huge discussion in the public domain about something that most of us are completely or at least partially ignorant about. We are expected to trust that those on "our side" are representing it to us accurately. Sorry, but I don't trust the talking heads on my side any more than those on the other side.

One of the major problems with this law is that "the changes" have been left up to the decisions/discretion of SecHHS and the unelected bureaucrats within. How can one "know" what hasn't been decided? Yet. Wait until the 30,000 +/- pages of implementation regs are issued for a real nightmare.

But you don't have to know "everything" about this law to know that certain parts of it fundamentally change the relationship between The People and their health care provider and the government. And not for the better, imo.
That the Fed Gov can supposedly mandate that I buy insurance and what coverage I have to have in that purchase does not sit well with me or many others, and will be decided by a court, hopefully soon. My family does not need pregnancy coverage, for example, why should I be forced to pay for that? Also, as I understand it, my hcp's diagnoses and treatment rec's will be monitored by the gov for compliance to what will become a standardized treatment protocol/database. Continuous practice outside those "norms" can be grounds for further actions.
And on top of that, the "waivers" granted by HHS violate the equal protection clause, in my view.

As subroc posted, the is a cornerstone of what the Reps ran on and were elected for in Nov. Thay have fulfilled one of their commitments, like it or not. Since we all know that it won't get past the WH/Senate, we can now get on to trying to correct a fundamentally flawed foundation, now that the statement has been made and try to make this s#!t sandwich a little more palatable until the courts have their say about the basic recipe.

road kill
01-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Give it up RK. There is a House majority of Republicans. The vote was for show only. It will never pass the Senate and Obama has veto power. There would not be enough votes to overturn a veto.

Ahhhh yes, the buzz words!!!:D

RK

huntinman
01-20-2011, 08:20 AM

Don't be so sure. The weasel Harry Reid is afraid it will take on a life of it's own. The many Dem senators that have to run in 2012 have a target on their back (oops). Some of them may flip. We only need about 4 to flip I think to force Bambi into vetoing. That puts him in a real pickle for 2012...

paul young
01-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Explain the votes?

RK

i disagree; i think they were elected on the basis of a "throw the bums out" mentality. there was actually very little thought put into it.

now that they are part of "the machine" they're finding out how much a freshman representative can actually do to the effect the changes they promised. there are many within the tea party movement who are already voicing their disappointment about this. i think they actually thought they were going to be sworn in and immediately be put into key positions on important committees. the GOP (or Dems for that matter) don't work that way. those spots are guarded and hard won.-Paul

road kill
01-20-2011, 08:29 AM
i disagree; i think they were elected on the basis of a "throw the bums out" mentality. there was actually very little thought put into it.
now that they are part of "the machine" they're finding out how much a freshman representative can actually do to the effect the changes they promised. there are many within the tea party movement who are already voicing their disappointment about this. i think they actually thought they were going to be sworn in and immediately be put into key positions on important committees. the GOP (or Dems for that matter) don't work that way. those spots are guarded and hard won.-Paul

Agreed, especially in the last Presidential election.

RK

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Don't be so sure. The weasel Harry Reid is afraid it will take on a life of it's own. The many Dem senators that have to run in 2012 have a target on their foreheads (oops). Some of them may flip. We only need about 4 to flip I think to force Bambi into vetoing. That puts him in a real pickle for 2012...
There, I fixed it for you.;-)

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Agreed, especially in the last Presidential election.

RK
No, I think who was on the Republican ticket had alot to do with who won the election.
Here is a question for all you die hard righties-----
If it was the Republican party that came up with the same health care bill, would you be for it or against it????????????

road kill
01-20-2011, 09:08 AM
No, I think who was on the Republican ticket had alot to do with who won the election.
If it was the Republican party that came up with the same health care bill, would you be for it or against it????????????

I would be against it.

I find myself becoming more and more a Libertarian.

RK

huntinman
01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
against it, too many taxes and way too much unknown waiting to pop out of the bill. Pelosi's not done reading it yet!

M&K's Retrievers
01-20-2011, 09:16 AM

Against it and I bet your dead arse would be against it too.

Buzz
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM

This bill actually was originally a Republican plan, back before Republicans all became right wing extremists.

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Against it and I bet your dead arse would be against it too.

Actually no because one of the things I am for is it does not allow insurance companies to deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions. A health care bill is long overdue and I would be for it no matter who sponcered a health care bill.

mjh345
01-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I would be against it.

RK

Welcome to my world Stan

Does anyone else find it curious that the Uber Powerful Insurance lobby is remaining openly silent on this issue?

Me suspects that behind the scenes they are very comfortable with the beaurocrats they have in place at Health and Human Services and elsewhere that will implement this law.
I doubt very much that the best interests of Joe taxpayer will take precedence over the interests of the Insurance lobby.

I'm also guessing that when all is said and done that people like M&K's Retriever's opposition will fade.

I would hope that the law will be declared unconstitutional, as it clearly is not an enumerated power in the Constitution; but I hold out little hope as that part of the Constitution had been trampled into the dust years ago.

Follow the money regards

road kill
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
26 states involved in the suit.

That's almost half of the 57!!:rolleyes:

RK

huntinman
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM

RK

2 more to go and he will have seen all of them:cool:

duckheads
01-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Welcome to my world Stan

Does anyone else find it curious that the Uber Powerful Insurance lobby is remaining openly silent on this issue?

Me suspects that behind the scenes they are very comfortable with the beaurocrats they have in place at Health and Human Services and elsewhere that will implement this law.
I doubt very much that the best interests of Joe taxpayer will take precedence over the interests of the Insurance lobby.

I'm also guessing that when all is said and done that people like M&K's Retriever's opposition will fade.

I would hope that the law will be declared unconstitutional, as it clearly is not an enumerated power in the Constitution; but I hold out little hope as that part of the Constitution had been trampled into the dust years ago.

Follow the money regards

The Uber Powerful Trail Lawyer lobby is right there with the iinsurance lobby. Nothing is being said about the ambulance chasers and how they drive up the health care costs!

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM

RK

And North Korea is out ally.:rolleyes:

Buzz
01-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Welcome to my world Stan

Follow the money regards

Last night I was watching a discussion about this. They said that behind closed doors, the insurance lobby is against repeal of the bill. They want the mandate to stay in effect, but they want to see the consumer protections chiseled out of the bill. You know, stuff like pre-existing conditions and lifetime and yearly limits. The stuff that people are actually in favor of.

Cody Covey
01-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm still confused how someone can be required to not deny people for preexisting conditions for INSURANCE. They are no longer insurance companies, they are now subsidized healthcare companies that is all.

ducknwork
01-20-2011, 11:03 AM
There, I fixed it for you.;-)

That is a horrible attempt at humor. You should be ashamed of yourself for making a joke like that.

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I would be against it.

RK

So, lets see if I got this right. The Republicans come up with the same health care plan that they pass into law. The Democrats oppose the Health Care plan and you and the righties here would go against their party and side with the Democrats?

Cody Covey
01-20-2011, 06:16 PM
So, lets see if I got this right. The Republicans come up with a health care plan that they pass into law. The Democrats oppose the Health Care plan and you and the righties here would go against their party and side with the Democrats?

You didn't say A healthcare bill you said the SAME healthcare bill. If the same was passed I would be against it. If a different bill is passed we will have to wait and see whats actually in it.

Roger Perry
01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
You didn't say A healthcare bill you said the SAME healthcare bill. If the same was passed I would be against it. If a different bill is passed we will have to wait and see whats actually in it.
Excuse me, In a previous post I asked if the republicans came up with the same health care bill----------I edited post.

Blackstone
01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I think the insurance companies are silent because they have figured out a way to make money either way it goes.

BonMallari
01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I think the insurance companies are silent because they have figured out a way to make money either way it goes.

ya think...follow the money trail, look to see who will benefit monetarily..points in the same direction

road kill
01-20-2011, 06:57 PM
So, lets see if I got this right. The Republicans come up with the same health care plan that they pass into law. The Democrats oppose the Health Care plan and you and the righties here would go against their party and side with the Democrats?

No Roger, I would side with what is best for the American people.

A foreign concept to you.

RK

Gerry Clinchy
01-20-2011, 07:22 PM
It seems obvious, actuarily, that if one does not allow exclusion for pre-existing conditions & eliminates annual and lifetime limits, there is simply no way to pay for this without requiring EVERYone to purchase insurance.

Now, all states (as far as I know) require car insurance. Yet, doggone it, people still get in a car and drive without it. Do I really expect that anyone will do "hard time" because they failed to get health insurance? How many jails will we have to build if they did that? And while in jail, they don't have to worry about the cost of health care :-)

BTW, you need a letter when you sign up for Medicare Supplemental Insurance that says you were previously insured. Not sure what happens if you were not.

That the Fed Gov can supposedly mandate that I buy insurance and what coverage I have to have in that purchase does not sit well with me or many others,

The cool part about this is that you get taxed if you don't have coverage ... but you also get taxed if your coverage is "too good" :-) The govt has decided what you "need", and you shouldn't be too piggy. I'm not clear if this is also true of a self-employed individual. If so, the govt is then deciding that health care insurance is equivalent to paying a luxury tax on a yacht.

Notice, too, how the bill has invaded other things ... like me having to give Staples a 1099 form if I spend more than $600 there in one year!

M&K's Retrievers
01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
It seems obvious, actuarily, that if one does not allow exclusion for pre-existing conditions & eliminates annual and lifetime limits, there is simply no way to pay for this without requiring EVERYone to purchase insurance.

Now, all states (as far as I know) require car insurance. Yet, doggone it, people still get in a car and drive without it. Do I really expect that anyone will do "hard time" because they failed to get health insurance? How many jails will we have to build if they did that? And while in jail, they don't have to worry about the cost of health care :-)

BTW, you need a letter when you sign up for Medicare Supplemental Insurance that says you were previously insured. Not sure what happens if you were not.

The cool part about this is that you get taxed if you don't have coverage ... but you also get taxed if your coverage is "too good" :-) The govt has decided what you "need", and you shouldn't be too piggy. I'm not clear if this is also true of a self-employed individual. If so, the govt is then deciding that health care insurance is equivalent to paying a luxury tax on a yacht.

Notice, too, how the bill has invaded other things ... like me having to give Staples a 1099 form if I spend more than $600 there in one year!

Gerry, your beating your head against the wall.:???:

Roger Perry
01-21-2011, 06:10 AM
No Roger, I would side with what is best for the American people.

A foreign concept to you.

RK

Apparently there are alot of Americans that think healt care is good for America.;-)

paul young
01-21-2011, 06:42 AM
in my opinion, what they are trying to do is irresponsible. i liken it to being the provider of income for your family and quitting your job without having another one lined up.

if they feel that what we have is so horrible that it needs to be repealed, they should first develop an alternative plan, debate it in both the house and senate, get agreement on the new plan, and table it.

THEN, repeal the old plan, vote in the new one and proceed.-Paul

road kill
01-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Apparently there are alot of Americans that think healtH care is good for America.;-)

Health care is good for everyone.
GOVERNMENT run healthcare is good for noone!!

RK

ducknwork
01-21-2011, 06:54 AM
in my opinion, what they are trying to do is irresponsible. i liken it to being the provider of income for your family and quitting your job without having another one lined up.

if they feel that what we have is so horrible that it needs to be repealed, they should first develop an alternative plan, debate it in both the house and senate, get agreement on the new plan, and table it.

THEN, repeal the old plan, vote in the new one and proceed.-Paul

That sounds like the best idea I have heard regarding health care 'reform' yet.

Roger Perry
01-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Health care is good for everyone.
GOVERNMENT run healthcare is good for noone!!

RK

Is "Obamacare" a government run healthcare system?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It is not government run, no. It is a bill, not a system or government agency so it cannot be government run in any way. You still buy insurance from private agencies only. The bill outlines rules and regulations for the insurance agencies to follow though, to protect the American people. And it provides a subsidy for people to pay their premiums. What people do not like about the bill is something that the insurance companies forced the President to put into it so they would agree to the provisions that he wanted, which is that in order for everyone to be covered and receive these provisions and subsidies to pay for premiums that help us, everyone has to buy coverage. If they do not want coverage, there is a fee that must be paid to cover the cost. Because if everyone opted out, we would not be able to have the good parts of the bill at all. So people want to opt out and not pay for coverage until they get sick, and then sign up, which drives health care cost up for everyone. There are negatives in the bill, but all in all it is a good thing.

See RK, it is not government run. No wonder the insurance companies are not squaking.

M&K's Retrievers
01-21-2011, 08:06 AM

It is not government run, no. It is a bill, not a system or government agency so it cannot be government run in any way. You still buy insurance from private agencies only. The bill outlines rules and regulations for the insurance agencies to follow though, to protect the American people. And it provides a subsidy for people to pay their premiums. What people do not like about the bill is something that the insurance companies forced the President to put into it so they would agree to the provisions that he wanted, which is that in order for everyone to be covered and receive these provisions and subsidies to pay for premiums that help us, everyone has to buy coverage. If they do not want coverage, there is a fee that must be paid to cover the cost. Because if everyone opted out, we would not be able to have the good parts of the bill at all. So people want to opt out and not pay for coverage until they get sick, and then sign up, which drives health care cost up for everyone. There are negatives in the bill, but all in all it is a good thing.

See RK, it is not government run. No wonder the insurance companies are not squaking.

Your right. The government only tells you who you have to cover, what benefits you must provide/buy, how much you can charge, who can provide benefits, how much expenses/profit can be allowed, how much commission can be paid, etc. The insurance companies see the writing on the wall and are jockeying trying to be the last one standing so they(it?) can be the administrator of the government plan when the rest of the companies eventually bail out.

Buzz
01-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Your right. The government only tells you who you have to cover, what benefits you must provide/buy, how much you can charge, who can provide benefits, how much expenses/profit can be allowed, how much commission can be paid, etc. The insurance companies see the writing on the wall and are jockeying trying to be the last one standing so they(it?) can be the administrator of the government plan when the rest of the companies eventually bail out.

What is the incentive to make someone want to be the last one standing in a market that no one else wants?

M&K's Retrievers
01-21-2011, 08:41 AM
What is the incentive to make someone want to be the last one standing in a market that no one else wants?

They will be paid to administer the program (pay claims, collect premiums, etc.) without bearing any insurance risk.

road kill
01-21-2011, 08:44 AM

Then they get ALL the business that we will be forced by Obama carew to give them.

It's amazing to me that all you middle of the road independents (progressives) that HATE big business so, love BIG government and think they care about you any more than some "evil" CEO.

Amazing.......

RK

Buzz
01-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Then they get ALL the business that we will be forced by Obama carew to give them.

It's amazing to me that all you middle of the road independents (progressives) that HATE big business so, love BIG government and think they care about you any more than some "evil" CEO.

Amazing.......

RK

Yup, we'll give them the business that no one else wanted because no money can be made. If you look at what M&K's said, he believes that the last person standing will be rewarded by being handed the contract to be 3rd party administrator for what he believes will be the only game in town, the public option.

I'm not sure who you think your arguing with. Who ever stated that they hated big business and loved big government?

paul young
01-21-2011, 08:50 AM

they will have positioned themselves to make huge gobs of money. the usual incentive.-Paul

ducknwork
01-21-2011, 10:41 AM

So Yahoo answers is a source that we can consider fact to prove our points now? LMAO, Roger...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101130183818AAF4GSl

Roger Perry
01-21-2011, 11:42 AM
So Yahoo answers is a source that we can consider fact to prove our points now? LMAO, Roger...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101130183818AAF4GSl

Nah, here is another source.:razz:

Biggest lie of 2010: 'Government takeover of health care'

Domenico Montanaro writes: For the second straight year, the health care overhaul inspired the biggest political lie, according to the independent fact-checking Web site Politifact (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2010/dec/16/lie-year-government-takeover-health-care/).
Last year, it was Sarah Palin's claim that there were "death panels" in the bill. The winner this year, is the term "government takeover" used by multiple Republicans, including incoming Speaker John Boehner.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/12/17/5668817-biggest-lie-of-2010-government-takeover-of-health-care

Uncle Bill
01-22-2011, 02:01 PM

What of ANY bill that you have favored from the previous congress have you even a modicum of knowledge about. You are the most blind toady to ever follow the Democrat line I've been aware of in my lifetime.

Please stop humiliating yourself by posting your pathetic views, which are known before you write them down. Just posting where you live is adequate for all to know you are nothing but a hanging chad.

The POINT to the repeal bill has nothing to do with it passing (just for you and your sycophantic buddies on board to understand)...I know this is deep for you and the other mental midgets to comprehend, but the PEOPLE want to learn just who the rest of the ignoramuses in Washington are, so we can vote them out as well. Imagine that...the PEOPLE are starting to take charge of THEIR government, and ousting the socialists before we have gone completely fascist in this nation.

Time for your oligarchy to run for cover Roger. Eventually the TEA Party will have found ALL the correct individuals to put up against your socialists...be they RINOs or liberals or....(gulp) INDEPENDANTS...like Bernie.

We love it when we see those up-for-election-in-2012 Senators and congresscritters voting in favor of their beloved Obamacare. Just gives us more fodder for the massacre at the ballot box next go-around.

The PEOPLE will inevitably take this nation back. My only concern is that it hasn't already become a Humpty Dumpty when they do.

UB

Roger Perry
01-22-2011, 02:08 PM
What of ANY bill that you have favored from the previous congress have you even a modicum of knowledge about. You are the most blind toady to ever follow the Democrat line I've been aware of in my lifetime.

Please stop humiliating yourself by posting your pathetic views, which are known before you write them down. Just posting where you live is adequate for all to know you are nothing but a hanging chad.

The POINT to the repeal bill has nothing to do with it passing (just for you and your sycophantic buddies on board to understand)...I know this is deep for you and the other mental midgets to comprehend, but the PEOPLE want to learn just who the rest of the ignoramuses in Washington are, so we can vote them out as well. Imagine that...the PEOPLE are starting to take charge of THEIR government, and ousting the socialists before we have gone completely fascist in this nation.

Time for your oligarchy to run for cover Roger. Eventually the TEA Party will have found ALL the correct individuals to put up against your socialists...be they RINOs or liberals or....(gulp) INDEPENDANTS...like Bernie.

We love it when we see those up-for-election-in-2012 Senators and congresscritters voting in favor of their beloved Obamacare. Just gives us more fodder for the massacre at the ballot box next go-around.

The PEOPLE will inevitably take this nation back. My only concern is that it hasn't already become a Humpty Dumpty when they do.

UB

I guess there were not enough people killed in Arizona for your liking.;-) I guess if you can't vote them out of office then there is always the alternative.

Whats the matter didn't the Bush administration do enough to ruin the Country that you want the Tea Party to come and finish the job? Did you really think a senile old man and a lunatic were the people you wanted running this Country? Everyone and his brother knew that when Obama was running for President he said he was going to put health care as one of his priorities and yet he still got elected.

huntinman
01-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I guess there were not enough people killed in Arizona for your liking.;-) I guess if you can't vote them out of office then there is always the alternative.

Whats the matter didn't the Bush administration do enough to ruin the Country that you want the Tea Party to come and finish the job?

Don't be such a weenie... you sound like that nut on CNN apologizing for the guy that said "crosshairs." Get a grip.

Are you afraid to go to that big box store that has that round logo... you know the one, its red and white with a little black circle in the middle. It looks like something you would sh... er.. send a projectile towards. The name starts with a T and ends with a T. It's TARGET Roger... does that scare you?

depittydawg
01-22-2011, 04:08 PM

UB

Well ... You certainly established that you can sling the insults. Nice work.

Uncle Bill
01-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Well ... You certainly established that you can sling the insults. Nice work.

You're welcome. Any chance a Newdog like you might provide us with a location where you live, so we can get a handle on what makes you tick? Then we can keep up with what's being slung from your neck of the woods.

BTW, here's another 'slinger' that tells it better than I can. Enjoy.

UB

Barack’s Five Lies About ObamaCare
by Jason Mattera (http://www.retrievertraining.net/search.php?author_name=Jason+Mattera)

01/18/2011

Did you hear that Lindsay Lohan is leading an upcoming Christian youth retreat? Well, if the Obama administration is out arguing that Congress pumping trillions of dollars into a government takeover of healthcare will reduce an astronomical deficit itself caused by profligate spending, I guess anything is believable, eh?

But that’s exactly what the White House is doing, claiming that medical Armageddon would ensue if a full repeal occurred. Moreover, Obama himself dismisses the House vote to repeal (http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=41229) ObamaCare as a symbolic gesture at this point, and nothing more. “What we can’t do is engage in the kinds of symbolic battles that so often consume Washington while the rest of America waits for us to solve problems,” he said.

The House repeal of ObamaCare should not be viewed as mere “symbolism.” Instead, it continues the process of reminding the public that ObamaCare violates every premise it was conceived on: lower costs, lower premiums, a reduced deficit, efficient medical care, and a jobs boom.

ObamaCare was built on a pack of lies.

And now the GOP must take the opportunity to expose those lies and build momentum for the 2012 election, after which a full repeal can occur if Republicans do take back the White House and the Senate.

Republicans should build their case on five straight forward points: The government takeover of healthcare explodes the deficit even further, delivers skyrocketing premiums, increases overall healthcare costs, suffocates job growth and micromanages the entire healthcare market because… well, because you must bow before the government and ask no questions, peasant.

1. The Budget Buster

White House officials brag that the multi-trillion-dollar health-care bill reduces deficit and, as a result, they argue that any repeal that goes into effect will increase deficit spending. But once fully implemented, ObamaCare will have the nation swimming in even more debt than we already are. When taxes and spending meet on the actual first 10 years of ObamaCare (2014-2023), the projected cost is $2.6 trillion, far above what the Democratic Congress promised. But there’s more. Also tack on an extra $200 billion for the Medicare “doc fix” portions and another $115 billion in discretionary spending needed to help execute the law. No wonder the Congressional Budget Office called (http://cbo.gov/ftpdocs/115xx/doc11579/06-30-LTBO.pdf) the Democrats gimmickry in scoring ObamaCare “difficult to sustain for a long period.”

ObamaCare, from the get-go, was a budget buster.

2. Lower Thy Premium

Barack Obama promised to lower premiums by $2,500 a year for the average family. But now, in the real world, the cost of individual insurance will rise by $2,100 per year, says an analysis (http://cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc10781/11-30-Premiums.pdf)by the Congressional Budget Office. $2,100! For the math whizzes at Obama’s side, that’s a gap of $4,600 per year, per family. Repeal ObamaCare, save $2,100 a year. Sounds like a good message to us.

3. Cost Control Fantasy

Hey, remember when Obama said: “If any bill arrives from Congress that is not controlling costs, that’s not a bill I can support. It’s going to have to control costs.” Well guess what? Costs are a-soaring! But don’t take my word for it. The chief Medicare actuary, Richard Foster, stipulated (http://www.cms.gov/ActuarialStudies/Downloads/PPACA_2010-04-22.pdf)in an April 2010 report that ObamaCare will increase health expenditures “by a total of $311 billion” over the next 10 years. Lovely.

4. Jobs Killer

House Republicans call their effort: “Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act.” And that’s spot-on. While the left is out chest-thumping that the Republicans should address the economy and not health care (the New York Times even called the House repeal effort a “ritual of self-glorification”), the likelihood of economic growth and ObamaCare are inexorably tied together. As one GOP aide put it, repeal means that “taxpayers will not face $569 billion in tax increases scheduled to take effect over the coming years—job-killing taxes that will harm an economy struggling to grow.”

These taxes hit individuals who choose not to purchase a government-approved insurance policy and employers—you know, job providers—who don’t provide workers with a government-approved insurance policy. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Other taxes dispensed from the font of ObamaCare included a 40% levy on “high-cost” insurance policies and new rules that ban Flexible Spending Accounts from being used to purchase over-the-counter drugs.

The question remains: How is ObamaCare not linked to economic growth? Only in the bizarre mind of a leftist does diminishing an individual’s purchasing power and making it more expensive to hire employees not impact economic trajectory.

5. Big Government Galore

Barack Obama likes to cloak his admiration for more government by making bureaucracy seem benign. “The question we ask today is not whether government is too big or too small, but whether it works.” Remember that line? Barack said it on Inauguration Day. Funny thing is, the size of government and its efficacy are blood brothers. And Americans know it, which is why they protested at town hall meetings across the country before the healthcare overhaul was made law. But the objections of the people were drowned out by the Democrats’ government-knows-best elitism. So with ObamaCare comes 159 new programs, bureaucracies and boards for Americans to look forward to.

The Bottom line is simple: The GOP must do all in its power to weaken and defang Obamacare until a full overhaul is achieved. Remember the Gipper’s sage warning: The closest thing we’ll ever see to eternal life here on earth is a government agency. And Obamacare gave us a whole new fleet of bureaucracies to worry about.