PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachman- Her own words...oh boy.

Losthwy
01-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Someone on another thread call "Michele Bachman an educated woman (attorney)..." Which she might be. But it is clear her specialty isn't constitutional law. She lacks even a basic knowledge of the Constitution and American history.
Her own words.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/25/kth-bachmann-flubs-history/?iref=allsearch

BonMallari
01-26-2011, 03:21 PM
just goes to show that many politicians are only as good as their speechwriters or their staffers who brief them on the talking points..like many other lawyers its not what you can prove, its sometimes about what you can get the jury to believe to be the truth

dnf777
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
just goes to show that many politicians are only as good as their speechwriters or their staffers who brief them on the talking points..like many other lawyers its not what you can prove, its sometimes about what you can get the jury to believe to be the truth

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-2.jpg

I could be wrong, but I don't think she is that stupid, as to believe what came out of her mouth!

What she said doesn't bother me so much...I just ignore her. But what is scary is the legion of followers who actually believe what she says! Unfortunately, their vote is just as loud as yours and mine.

Roger Perry
01-26-2011, 04:38 PM
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/images-2.jpg

I could be wrong, but I don't think she is that stupid, as to believe what came out of her mouth!

What she said doesn't bother me so much...I just ignore her. But what is scary is the legion of followers who actually believe what she says! Unfortunately, their vote is just as loud as yours and mine.

You know, I changed my mind, I do not think she is stupid, I would love to see Michelle Bachman/Sarah Palin or Sarah Palin/Michelle Bachman on the same Republican ticket for the President/Vice President for the United States of America in 2012. :2c: Hey wait, didn't I just see a quick shot of SP at the beginning of the video?

See RK I can be gracious.

BonMallari
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
You know, I changed my mind, I do not think she is stupid, I would love to see Michelle Bachman/Sarah Palin or Sarah Palin/Michelle Bachman on the same Republican ticket for the President/Vice President for the United States of America in 2012. :2c: Hey wait, didn't I just see a quick shot of SP at the beginning of the video?

See RK I can be gracious.

Never happen for a whole host of reasons but the most obvious is that they both have the same Type A personality,neither wants to be second chair in the band

Buzz
01-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Gotta love those constitutional conservatives!

Roger Perry
01-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Never happen for a whole host of reasons but the most obvious is that they both have the same Type A personality,neither wants to be second chair in the band

Obama and Hillary had type A personalities. At least let me hope.:-P

starjack
01-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Obama and Hillary had type A personalities. At least let me hope.:-P

um 57 states.

Buzz
01-26-2011, 07:54 PM
um 57 states.

One slip up in a speech when your tired certainly rises to the level of a diatribe that was completely off base. See, I get it!

I have books and calendars that were given to me as gifts over the years that are chock-full of Bushisms. The whole sum of them don't equate to the blather that came out of Bachman's mouth.

huntinman
01-26-2011, 07:59 PM
watch your teleprompter reading champ in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno

In his own words oh boy

dnf777
01-26-2011, 08:10 PM
You gotta be kidding!

With all the legitimate gripes you could come up with, you pick on his public speaking skills? His ability to speak off the cuff?

He spoke and took open, non-scripted questions for 2 hours in front of the republican causus last year, WITH NO PROMPTERS.

Bush or most of the republican leaders (at least the ones with their own shows or SoTU responses) couldn't do that in their wildest dreams!

come on, find something legit to ding him about....not this. Makes you look like you "got nothin'".

starjack
01-26-2011, 08:11 PM
One slip up in a speech when your tired certainly rises to the level of a diatribe that was completely off base. See, I get it!

I have books and calendars that were given to me as gifts over the years that are chock-full of Bushisms. The whole sum of them don't equate to the blather that came out of Bachman's mouth.

letsplay golf

huntinman
01-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Makes you look like you "got nothin'".

Well, I guess that makes me qualified to be the next Democrat POTUS:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
01-26-2011, 11:11 PM

Bush or most of the republican leaders (at least the ones with their own shows or SoTU responses) couldn't do that in their wildest dreams!

And you know this how? This is just an off the cuff BS comment because you couldn't think of anything else to say but you just had to say something negative. Oh, I forgot. You know everything.:rolleyes:

JDogger
01-26-2011, 11:25 PM
And you know this how? This is just an off the cuff BS comment because you couldn't think of anything else to say but you just had to say something negative. Oh, I forgot. You know everything.:rolleyes:

While you're busy sweeping up tonight, Mike. Google Gary Johnson. He's a former Gov of NM and an R I could vote for. Rumors have him entering the race.
Something positive regards, JD

M&K's Retrievers
01-26-2011, 11:59 PM
While you're busy sweeping up tonight, Mike. Google Gary Johnson. He's a former Gov of NM and an R I could vote for. Rumors have him entering the race.
Something positive regards, JD

Scanned Wiki briefly. Looks interesting but what's up with no beer drinking?

JDogger
01-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Scanned Wiki briefly. Looks interesting but what's up with no beer drinking?
Please link your reference.JD

M&K's Retrievers
01-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Please link your reference.JD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_E_Johnson

Well, this link doesn't work for some reason (I hate it when that happens). Google his name and it will show up.

JDogger
01-27-2011, 12:36 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_E_Johnson

Well, this link doesn't work for some reason (I hate it when that happens). Google his name and it will show up.

Well, he is a triathelte,(sp) and a teetotler (sp)

Local talk radio is giving him a push. He was a very popular Gov in a very dem state...let's see... JD

M&K's Retrievers
01-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Well, he is a triathelte,(sp) and a teetotler (sp)

Local talk radio is giving him a push. He was a very popular Gov in a very dem state...let's see... JD

I think he has been known to roll a doobie for medicinal purposes. He sounds like a libertarian which is OK by me. (You didn't think I would read all that stuff did you?).

dnf777
01-27-2011, 05:41 AM

Response deleted.

Have a nice day.

ducknwork
01-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Response deleted.

Have a nice day.

What is the point of deleting a response if you are just going to tell us that you deleted a response?

Want a cookie for being mr. nice guy?

dnf777
01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
What is the point of deleting a response if you are just going to tell us that you deleted a response?

Want a cookie for being mr. nice guy?

Response deleted.

Yes, I'll take two now. ;)

zeus3925
01-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Respect dnf for trying to remain civil amidst the assault.

M&K's Retrievers
01-27-2011, 09:02 AM

heat and kitchen regards,

dnf777
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Thanks Zeus,
As post #25 shows, they are just trying to stir things up, not make any logical sense of the conversation!
I don't have anyone on ignore anymore, but I sure do skim the fat off the stock quickly when I see it!

ducknwork
01-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Response deleted.

Check your humor radar regards,

zeus3925
01-27-2011, 09:58 PM
What humor, Ducky?

Nor_Cal_Angler
01-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Someone here asked for better than teleprompter blunders.....

Charged us to do better.....

Felt that others before, made similar mistakes sometimes worse....

Your right Dave, we can do better...and so should he....he taught consitutional law for christ sake (12 years of it) you would think he wouldnt forget this little part of our decleration...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctyc5SBSems

not once...but 4 times he has done it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Qx9oQIAwg

If he isnt fudging it like Michelle B...thats because he sure as hell is TRANSFORMING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundamentaly Transforming regards,

NCA

Ps...simple task...read what is written....but then again that gets back to his problems with telepromters:razz::razz:;-)

T Christensen
01-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Anderson Cooper implied that the founders didn't want to get rid of slavery siting as an example that George Washington owned slaves. Washington did own slaves but he knew it was wrong and wanted to abolish slavery just couldn't survive without them. Economics locked farmers into needing slave labor because they were competing with other farmers that also had slaves. In 1769 he sponsored a bill that would forbid further importation of new slaves. In his will all of his slaves were given there freedom and during their time with him his humane policies toward them nearly ruined him financially. Bottom line is he did want to abolish slavery. maybe Anderson Cooper is the one that needs a history lesson.